PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Thus far in 2008 Draft, Carl and Herm: A+

Marco Polo
04-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Dorsey and Albert, who would've thought this could be a reality?

Molitoth
04-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Albert is blah.

doomy3
04-26-2008, 02:46 PM
This is a GREAT first round

Sully
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
A+

Agreed

Marco Polo
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Albert is blah.

Who would've you preferred?

noa
04-26-2008, 02:48 PM
No doubt, Albert is a great pick right there.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Albert is blah.

Did you SEE the clips of Albert on the NFL Network?

He looks like a combo of Willie Roaf and Will Shields.

AMAZING in space.

noa
04-26-2008, 02:50 PM
NFL Network is gushing all over our draft.

Marco Polo
04-26-2008, 02:52 PM
NFL Network is gushing all over our draft.

I wish I could see it; ESPN isn't talking about us too much.

aturnis
04-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Albert is blah.

Oh whatever...the guy has the frame of a parking ramp with the feet of a nimbly bimbly CAT!

wazu
04-26-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm happy. Chiefs are 2-for-2 in my opinion. Let's hope they keep it up. The second round is usually where it starts to go downhill for us. One more strong pick and I'll be feeling very good.

wazu
04-26-2008, 02:57 PM

The NFLN guys were shocked as everybody that Dorsey was there for us at five. And they were touting Brandon Albert big-tme. Their main draft guru highlighted a bunch of Albert's big-time plays and stated he thinks Albert might ultimately be the best OT in this draft.

alanm
04-26-2008, 02:59 PM
That's because their slobbering all over New England as usual. Or any east coast team for that matter.

Marco Polo
04-26-2008, 02:59 PM
The NFLN guys were shocked as everybody that Dorsey was there for us at five. And they were touting Brandon Albert big-tme. Their main draft guru highlighted a bunch of Albert's big-time plays and stated he thinks Albert might ultimately be the best OT in this draft.

It's a great day to be alive!

FD
04-26-2008, 03:01 PM

I'm with them. I can't believe this has gone so well.

Huffman83
04-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I"m feelin okay. So far, so good!

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-26-2008, 03:03 PM
C-.

Good Dtackle, Project LT.

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 03:04 PM
cause were not on either coast or a big midwest market or won anything in 30+ years.

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 03:05 PM
C-.

youre a gaymo and no chiefs fan.

noa
04-26-2008, 03:05 PM
C-.

Go away

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Doesn't fill our emergency needs.

You were all stoked after the last couple of drafts loaded with Dtackles too while neglecting the OLINE.

Molitoth
Albert is a PROJECT. Why not select a full time OT and keep our 2 other picks??? If we were willing to trade up, we should've went for Williams.

Fairplay
C-.

You're an Idiot.

donkhater
C-.

You're nuts. I've seen those clips of Albert and he looks amazingly like Roaf. Plug in him at LT and let him learn the ropes. Get a guard that can pull from the right side and we can get that power sweep going again.

Two (I cannot believe that guy was still there) picks.

Frankie
04-26-2008, 03:08 PM
I liked OTs Jake Long. Ryan Clady and Branden Albert, in that order. But the Clady/Albert diff is microscopic in my book. Clady is supposed to be good, but Albert has some advantage over him:

1- If he does not pan out at LT he'll most likely be our next Will Shields.
2- His Basketball background makes him a great athlete. Something that has worked for Gonzo and Antonio Gates.

Pitt Gorilla
Get a pass rusher in the 2nd, a corner in the 3rd, a QB in the 3d, and a WR or corner in the 3rd or 4th. Of course, guys like Rinehart will still be around in the 3rd and would look good at guard. Will Franklin would be a quality WR in the 6th. Damn, this is a great draft so far!

noa
We aren't going to turn the team around in one year. Take the best talent. Everyone agrees that Albert is an amazing talent.
When you are in the position the Chiefs are, you don't have emergency needs. That means that if you fill it, your team will be good. That's not the case for us. You take the best talent and build the team with a long term strategy.

wazu
C-.

I wasn't a big fan of converting Albert myself going into this draft, but the plays that the NFLN showed of him have brought me on-board. This guy is an athlete, and a brute. He was delivering huge hits downfield. The Chiefs aren't the only team that has been pursuing Albert as an OT.

Our whole team is a project. Albert doesn't have to make the Pro Bowl in 2008. We can afford to work with him this year, have him get comfortable with the new position, and then be a stud in 2009. I think he does have the talent.

noa
04-26-2008, 03:10 PM
I wasn't a big fan of converting Albert myself going into this draft, but the plays that the NFLN showed of him have brought me on-board. This guy is an athlete, and a brute. He was delivering huge hits downfield. The Chiefs aren't the only team that has been pursuing Albert as an OT.

Our whole team is a project. Albert doesn't have to make the Pro Bowl in 2008. We can afford to work with him this year, have him get comfortable with the new position, and then be a stud in 2009. I think he does have the talent.

EXACTLY

donkhater
04-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Albert is a PROJECT. Why not select a full time OT and keep our 2 other picks??? If we were willing to trade up, we should've went for Williams.

How is he a project? Because he played guard in college? He obviously has great feet, long arms and intelligence (so I've heard). How does he not fill every requirement you need for a LT?

BTW, you think KC will compete for a super bowl regradless of who they pick this year? No way. Plug him in to that position with those great skills. Learn the ropes and DEVELOP the team the right way.

I swear, the patience of this fan base is surprisingly lacking considering the team they are rooting for.

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 03:11 PM

just tell that guy to **** off and moveon.

HC_Chief
04-26-2008, 03:14 PM
I agree... first round has been outstanding.

OL and DL are the foundation for a good team. KC's OL has been putrid the past two seasons, and the DL has been a weak spot for a decade or so. Fix the lines first.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2008, 03:15 PM
A+ doesn't even begin to cover it.

Toss in the Raiders picking McFadden (eh) and Donks picking Clady (hahaha), and wow.

BigRock
04-26-2008, 03:17 PM
BONER

Fairplay
04-26-2008, 03:18 PM
I honestly thought by this point in the draft this place would be going crazy in a bad way with the picks.

Nice that most all of us our on the same page with the draft picks.

Molitoth
04-26-2008, 03:28 PM
How is he a project? Because he played guard in college? He obviously has great feet, long arms and intelligence (so I've heard). How does he not fill every requirement you need for a LT?

BTW, you think KC will compete for a super bowl regradless of who they pick this year? No way. Plug him in to that position with those great skills. Learn the ropes and DEVELOP the team the right way.

I swear, the patience of this fan base is surprisingly lacking considering the team they are rooting for.

After thinking about it for awhile, you are right. We can afford to be patient with this kid to transition. It's not like we're going anywhere soon... that said, I still think we couldv'e gotten him at 17 and kept our 5th round pick.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 03:29 PM
C-.

pussy

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Alberts is the consensus best interior OL in the draft
Dorsey is the best DL

f-me...I'll take it

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I give it a Z+. Assuming the alphabet is circular, and when you go north of "A" you run into the back end of "Z".

SNR
04-26-2008, 03:49 PM
I give it a Z+. Assuming the alphabet is circular, and when you go north of "A" you run into the back end of "Z".You're positive about something. Did you start taking drugs?

Sanka
04-26-2008, 03:50 PM
The future is lookin good, so far.

Fairplay
04-26-2008, 03:50 PM
The future is lookin good, so far.

No shades quite yet though.

HemiEd
04-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Get a pass rusher in the 2nd, a corner in the 3rd, a QB in the 3d, and a WR or corner in the 3rd or 4th. Of course, guys like Rinehart will still be around in the 3rd and would look good at guard. Will Franklin would be a quality WR in the 6th. Damn, this is a great draft so far!

I am ****ing giddy so far.

big nasty kcnut
04-26-2008, 04:02 PM
A+ gunther will be happy. Also i'm happy and dad and bro are happy for the pick.

Bearcat
04-26-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm no draft guru, but I saw quite a bit of Dorsey at LSU, and love the pick. Don't know anything about Albert, but the clips on ESPN brought back visions of the athletic OLine we once had.

Not sure how anyone can be complaining at this point, but there's always one. ;)

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 04:21 PM
yes we are smelling like roses comming out of rd 1 :clap: props to the Chiefs war room.. and being at the Chiefs draft party ROCKED!!!!

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 04:28 PM
You're positive about something. Did you start taking drugs?Wha?

BigChiefFan
04-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Awesome draft so far. I'd like to see Dan Connor added to the defense.

Silock
04-26-2008, 04:48 PM
A++++++++++++++++++++++ NOW!!! FLOWERS!!!!!

Marco Polo
Good corner with our 3rd pick. Still on board with the great!

Ultra Peanut
Dorsey
Albert
Flowers

Holy sheeeeeeeeit.

Braincase
04-26-2008, 04:49 PM
A++++++++++++++++++++++ NOW!!! FLOWERS!!!!!

HELLYEAH!

Marco Polo
04-26-2008, 04:49 PM
ESPN folks all said: Chiefs have the best draft thus far.

noa
04-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Very happy. NFL Network is also loving our draft.

wazu
04-26-2008, 04:50 PM
And the hits just keep on coming! Great job, Chiefs!

chagrin
04-26-2008, 04:51 PM
This is outstanding, really great picks - I am thrilled with what I see so far.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 04:53 PM
ESPN folks all said: Chiefs have the best draft thus far.Yep, they were all raving about it after that Flowers pick. Kiper said he thought he'd have been top 15 in the first round, had he had a better 40 time.

Man, on paper, this has been a hell of a day for KC.

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2008, 05:50 PM
We need a solid D-End in round 3. Who is out there?

Coach
04-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Yep, they were all raving about it after that Flowers pick. Kiper said he thought he'd have been top 15 in the first round, had he had a better 40 time.

Man, on paper, this has been a hell of a day for KC.

Just by 1/10ths of a second, from being a top 10 to 2nd round. Amazing, isn't it?

Seems like we pretty much got 3 first rounders with the 3 picks.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2008, 06:10 PM
We need a solid D-End in round 3. Who is out there?

Brian Johnston

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Just by 1/10ths of a second, from being a top 10 to 2nd round. Amazing, isn't it?

Seems like we pretty much got 3 first rounders with the 3 picks.Hell yes it is.

Frankie
04-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Awesome draft so far. I'd like to see Dan Connor added to the defense.

And Sara Connor.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 07:29 PM
I just finished watching us make our first three picks (I had a final exam), and WOW, what a dream of a draft.

I still can't believe what I'm seeing. If anyone posted a mock of us landing Dorsey, Albert, and Flowers, they would have been laughed at for being so unrealistic.

Dorsey - elite 3-technique, best DT prospect in the past 10 years.

Albert - should be a very good LT. Worst case he's a Pro Bowl guard.

Flowers - stud CB, only dropped because of poor timed speed. Plays much faster than he was timed.

A+ draft for Carl and Herm. I can't wait until tomorrow.

Oh Snap
04-26-2008, 07:37 PM
We aren't going to turn the team around in one year. Take the best talent. Everyone agrees that Albert is an amazing talent.
When you are in the position the Chiefs are, you don't have emergency needs. That means that if you fill it, your team will be good. That's not the case for us. You take the best talent and build the team with a long term strategy.

Im with ya there.

In all honesty, Im not expecting a great team this coming season, I wouldnt be shocked if we experienced a 4-12 or 6-10 season.

Albert looks like he will be a great player for us. He has so much raw talent, i think he will make a good LT, or atleast I hope.

Valiant
04-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Im with ya there.

In all honesty, Im not expecting a great team this coming season, I wouldnt be shocked if we experienced a 4-12 or 6-10 season.

Albert looks like he will be a great player for us. He has so much raw talent, i think he will make a good LT, or atleast I hope.

I hope we go 3-13, spliting with the division and losing all of our games by less then three points.. Basically very very close just not enough to get over the hump..

That way we get one more year to stockpile talent and then push for a playoff win the next year... Basically playing madden with the draft.. I am fine for one more year of shittiness if we keep getting better for the future.. Nothing worse imo then 8-8 and out of the playoffs..

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Speachless, just speachless...

I cant even muster up the frustration to bash Herm right now....

Skip Towne
04-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Doesn't fill our emergency needs.

You were all stoked after the last couple of drafts loaded with Dtackles too while neglecting the OLINE.

I thoutht they restricted all n00bs and dipshits. They clearly missed this one.

BigRedChief
04-26-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm no draft guru, but I saw quite a bit of Dorsey at LSU, and love the pick. Don't know anything about Albert, but the clips on ESPN brought back visions of the athletic OLine we once had.

Not sure how anyone can be complaining at this point, but there's always one. ;)
We didn't really need a DT as much as we needed other positions filled first but you can't pass up Dorsey. You just can't no matter how pressing your needs are at other positions.

Oh Snap
04-26-2008, 08:42 PM
I hope we go 3-13, spliting with the division and losing all of our games by less then three points.. Basically very very close just not enough to get over the hump..

That way we get one more year to stockpile talent and then push for a playoff win the next year... Basically playing madden with the draft.. I am fine for one more year of shittiness if we keep getting better for the future.. Nothing worse imo then 8-8 and out of the playoffs..

I totally agree. I wouldnt mind first pick in the draft. In all honesty, 3-13 is a possibility. I mean, we only won 4 games last year, so thats only one less win than we had in 07. also, we will have probably 6-8 rookie starters this year.

We are not going to be any good. But it will be exciting watching the young players play and slowly improve.