PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft What are the Odds We Go QB Next?

Chief Wiggum
04-26-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd go for a DE, OL, Corner, or QB. Glad Flacco is gone. I really like Brahm - if we picked him in the 2nd I'd be happy. What do you guys think?

Sully
04-26-2008, 03:11 PM
1/3

Depends on if Brohm is there (I doubt he will be)

Stewie
04-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't see a good QB available at 35. I see another OL.

Chief Wiggum
04-26-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't see a good QB available at 35. I see another OL.

You are probably right, although if he falls far enough, I wonder if the Chiefs brass will think about moving up again - if they only have to give up a late 3rd-5th round pick.

Anyong Bluth
04-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Wonder if the Giants would look to move back with their last pick in the 1st so we can get ahead of Miami.

I was talking with a few buddies of mine that are Michigan fans and Bears fans and even they didn't want the Bears to pick Henne. Guy benefited from having the best tackle in CFB and they still had a shit year- have to think that guy benefited a bit from getting superior protection- esp since Jake Long wasn't facing NFL talent every week and could keep his QB from getting his ass knocked around.

CupidStunt
04-26-2008, 03:16 PM
BPA guys. That's got us the sick draft we have so far.

Lot of CB talent slipping, ALL WRs on the board, etc.

Don't reach for a QB unless he's the best guy.

markk
04-26-2008, 03:16 PM
i would like Brohm if he was there. but go for the BAA

Bowser
04-26-2008, 03:17 PM
No. I hope it's either a WR or DB.

Bowser
No. I hope it's either a WR or DB.

Or even another O-Lineman.

Tribal Warfare
Or even another O-Lineman.

Sam Baker

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 03:18 PM
I see a CB or DE.

ChiefsFire
04-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Groves or Talib.

Sanka
04-26-2008, 03:19 PM
NO QB! More line, OL or DL or maybe a CB or WR.

Chief Wiggum
Sam Baker
I like him too, but then we're almost forced to throw Albert at G and I'm not sure we want to pay top 15 money to a guy playing G unless he took a stab at LT first.

wazu
BPA guys. That's got us the sick draft we have so far.

Lot of CB talent slipping, ALL WRs on the board, etc.

Don't reach for a QB unless he's the best guy.

Dorsey was BPA. Albert was clearly a player that was targeted. I agee, though. Don't reach. If we would have had to reach to get an OT in round one I would have been okay with it, but now that we have our guy it's all about accumulating talent.

Extra Point
04-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Groves or Talib.

That makes sense

Chief Wiggum
04-26-2008, 03:20 PM
NO QB! More line, OL or DL or maybe a CB or WR.

Says the guy with the Brody Croyle sig. Just kidding man, I'd be happy with any of those positions.

Extra Point
04-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I like QB Paul Smith from Tulsa in the third round.

Anyong Bluth
04-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Brohm = solid insurance for QB and can compete with Brody. Next Years QB's are shit, Tebow is projected top QB at this point. Sorry, but he runs in the spread offense and will have no business being an NFL QB.

Brohm was on draft boards at the top overall pick before the season started. His team had a shitty year and the guy fell. I still think he's worth 1st round talent and totally worth the pick esp when looking at next years empty cupboard, which we'll most likely have a top 3 pick and going to need to pick up other players- which if we have Brohm we can turn our attention to other areas we need b/c were not going to fill every need in this draft.... just my opinion

Lzen
04-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I would not be opposed to Brahm if he were available when we pick in the 2nd round. Otherwise, like others have said, BPA.

Chief Wiggum
04-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Brohm = solid insurance for QB and can compete with Brody. Next Years QB's are shit, Tebow is projected top QB at this point. Sorry, but he runs in the spread offense and will have no business being an NFL QB.

Brohm was on draft boards at the top overall pick before the season started. His team had a shitty year and the guy fell. I still think he's worth 1st round talent and totally worth the pick esp when looking at next years empty cupboard, which we'll most likely have a top 3 pick and going to need to pick up other players- which if we have Brohm we can turn our attention to other areas we need b/c were not going to fill every need in this draft.... just my opinion
I almost completely agree. I think he is the best QB in this draft. I don't want to reach, but I want to make sure we have options at QB as we rebuild, and anyone we pick is going to need time to mature in the NFL either by holding a clipboard or subbing in while Brody is injured. We have other positions we need more right now, but that is a position we need to have figured out if this rebuild will be successful.

CrazyPhuD
04-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm big on letting Brodie play....but if Brohm was there and we took him I'd be very pleased with a value pick.

Chief Wiggum
04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Looking more and more like the Chiefs may have to make this decision. Through 29 picks, I think the only team that could grab him in front of us would be Miami (Unless someone trades up on us).

Would be tough to pass up Merling, though, if he falls to us.

mikeboogie
04-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Pick the QB and let the best man win the starting job!!!!!!

Chief Wiggum
04-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Miami chose Merling. Chiefs have a serious decision to make about Brody Croyle in the next 10-30 minutes. I like the guy and think he can be successful, but I don't like him enough to leverage the future of my team on him.

mikeboogie
04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
I agree. If we bank on Croyle and He fails we are one more year behind

Deberg_1990
04-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Id be happy with either Brohm or Henne.