PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs As a Chiefs fan, this is the most fun I've had in a long time

Sam Hall
04-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Who else agrees?

Our second round pick will be a good player.

CanadaKC
04-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Oh shit yeah!!!

NIUhuskies
04-26-2008, 05:40 PM
absolutely!

mesmith31
04-26-2008, 06:03 PM
I have to agree, the rebuilding is long overdue. We have been trying to make "1 more go" for 10 years and it is nice to see the influx of youth and I am willing to wait to do it right.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 06:04 PM
you ain't kidding...this has been a blast

Coach
04-26-2008, 06:05 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/drebretuke/flowers.jpghttp://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/drebretuke/albert.jpghttp://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/drebretuke/dorsey.jpg

Enjoy. :)

dirk digler
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Yep this has been exciting and we still have all day tomorrow to fill out our team

I think we might have broken the 2nd round pick jinx with Flowers

BigVE
04-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Fun draft day for sure. BUT, if having fun on draft day means we have to suffer through the horrible season like last year I will pass every time. This draft could go a LONG way towards us NOT having early picks each round for the next several years....I hope?

Frazod
04-26-2008, 06:13 PM
This saved my Sunday Ticket. I still don't think we're going to win this year, but we'll be interesting.

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I haven't enjoyed the Chiefs this much since about midway through the 2003 season.

Coach
04-26-2008, 06:15 PM
All I hope for is that they are given the oppiturnity to play. Not sitting on the bench.

Ari Chi3fs
04-26-2008, 06:16 PM
YEah! This was the Chiefs 2008 Superbowl. It was awesome.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
YEah! This was the Chiefs 2008 Superbowl. It was awesome.Ah, you're one of those guys.

Completely unsurprising.

buddha
04-26-2008, 06:39 PM
YEah! This was the Chiefs 2008 Superbowl. It was awesome.

Mindless stupidity.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Mindless stupidity.Some Chiefs fans are so bitter and cynical, it's just infuriating. I'm not sure why they hang in there. It can't possibly be fun.

I totally understand being frustrated. Hell, I am too... but damn. The Chiefs did well today. Why not enjoy it?

cdcox
04-26-2008, 06:48 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/drebretuke/flowers.jpghttp://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/drebretuke/albert.jpghttp://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/drebretuke/dorsey.jpg

Enjoy. :)

18? What kind of number is that for a CB? :D

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I am so excited that our owner decided not to spend dollars on the best Defensive End in the game.

I am very happy that we rolled the dice on an Offensive Guard that is projected to do well when we had a bird in the hand.

It makes me very happy that we did not fill the holes in free agency.

I cant wait to win 4 (in a good year 6) games next year.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 09:40 PM
This was a dream draft. Drafts like this help rebuild an entire franchise.

dirk digler
04-26-2008, 09:40 PM
I am so excited that our owner decided not to spend dollars on the best Defensive End in the game.

I am very happy that we rolled the dice on an Offensive Guard that is projected to do well when we had a bird in the hand.

So you are not happy with the draft so far?

If you are not happy I don't know what else the Chiefs can do for you.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2008, 09:45 PM
So you are not happy with the draft so far?

If you are not happy I don't know what else the Chiefs can do for you.

Holy Jesus - no kidding.

First thread I read tonight and someone is BITCHING?

After what is probably the best 1st 3 picks back-to-back-to back in this franchise's history?

Sorry, but if you aren't excited by today and the knowledge of who's available for tomorrow, then please people, shut it down. Find a new team.

FFS.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 09:46 PM

I cant wait to win 4 (in a good year 6) games next year.Are you really still pissed off? C'mon man. I loved Jared too... I hate like hell to see him go. But the fact is, he's gone.

Since then, the Chiefs have made some great moves to improve the team. We're finally doing it right. Tore up from the floor up. :D And honestly, today was a hell of a good start.

We'll all miss Allen, but we wont miss his 70 Mil contract. He'd have been wasted on this team. I honestly believe the Chiefs are doing the right thing here.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes. I am pissed off. I don't buy the 1 drink away from a year suspension or the he wasnt happy here BS.

If we wrote him a $70m check he would be very happy and would be able t afford a cab home.

TG told me he hated the Chiefs to my face during his contract year in '02 at the Pro Bowl. He seems like a happy check casher now. Allen would have been the same.

He was young, no injuries and had a motor. We traded that for a guard and I am supposed to be happy?

Guards are easily found in FA.

Dorsey would have fell to us regardless.

El Jefe
04-26-2008, 10:09 PM

:rolleyes:

Mr. Arrowhead
04-26-2008, 10:10 PM
remember how much it helped the Charger rebuild when they drafted LT and brees in the first 2 rounds. Our draft kind of reminds me of that

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 10:18 PM
SD drafted LT and Brees and traded away Merrimen for an unknown Guard? I am thrilled.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 10:22 PM
We'll all miss Allen, but we wont miss his 70 Mil contract. He'd have been wasted on this team. I honestly believe the Chiefs are doing the right thing here.[/QUOTE]

Why do you take responsibility for the Hunts$? They are doing fine. We are consistently under the cap from every report I have seen. And, the cap went significantly up this year.

Next time you but a $7 beer think that it could have gone to a winning product.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 10:22 PM
SD drafted LT and Brees and traded away Merrimen for an unknown Guard? I am thrilled.Dude.... at this point you're just a wet blanket. I'm not sure why you decided to spew all this cranky bullshit now... If anything, I'd think you'd be happy that the Chiefs seem to be making some good from that Allen trade you're so bitter about.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 10:23 PM
SD drafted LT and Brees and traded away Merrimen for an unknown Guard? I am thrilled.

this is what a True Fan looks like when we abandon 15 years of "win now" mediocrity....

..pay attention, it ain't pretty....

withdrawal symptoms from 8-8 are similar to that of heroin....

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
When I lived in KC during the Steadman years the Chiefs were not good but I still went. CP and Marty came and I was excited.

I see nothing here to be excited about.

What kind of franchise trades their best player for draft picks?

The franchise is teeing up to have Kuharich take the reins. The same guy that gave up an rntire draft for Ricky Williams.

This draft is meaningless compared to the decision on who will be driving the car beyond '08.

chiefs1111
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a Chiefs draft so much........

Mr. Arrowhead
04-26-2008, 10:57 PM
people that werent satified about the chiefs draft they are just sexually frustrated

Chiefaholic
04-26-2008, 11:08 PM
When I lived in KC during the Steadman years the Chiefs were not good but I still went. CP and Marty came and I was excited.

I see nothing here to be excited about.

What kind of franchise trades their best player for draft picks?

The franchise is teeing up to have Kuharich take the reins. The same guy that gave up an rntire draft for Ricky Williams.

This draft is meaningless compared to the decision on who will be driving the car beyond '08.

The Dallas Cowboys just befor building their dynasty in the 90's.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM
So your comparing JA to Herschell Walker? Jimmy Johnson came from the college ranks and knew what he was drafting.

I like the picks they made but the KC Chiefs have less talent at the end of the day. Clark saved some money. Carl made a bigger bonus. End of story.

We lost.

We should have ponied up the dough to Allen.

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Who else agrees?

Our second round pick will be a good player.

i agree 100%

Dartgod
04-26-2008, 11:25 PM
So your comparing JA to Herschell Walker? Jimmy Johnson came from the college ranks and knew what he was drafting.

I like the picks they made but the KC Chiefs have less talent at the end of the day. Clark saved some money. Carl made a bigger bonus. End of story.

We lost.

We should have ponied up the dough to Allen.
Your and idiot.

Mojo Rising
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Very articulate.

I like the way that you made your case.