Count Zarth
04-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Print 'em

blueballs
Clark - Bill K and Herm must have knocked Carl in the head

Fairplay
By reading the threads the last couple weeks about the draft i thought today would be pure hell on this place.

Props to the management for todays picks.

Deberg_1990
04-26-2008, 04:55 PM
i still dont see how u can grade a draft until at least 3 years down the road. All they are grading on is how a team picked for need.

Gonzo
"I'm as excited as all outdoors!" ROFL

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
Someone has to have locked Carl in the broom closet.

. . . I'm just saying . . .

Mr. Laz
By reading the threads the last couple weeks about the draft i thought today would be pure hell on this place.

Props to the management for todays picks.

see ..... the media and the fans can be happy about moves IF THEY DON'T SUCK

so much for the "fans are never satisfied" crowd

BigRock
04-26-2008, 04:56 PM
This rules so hard. We should get a second season of Hard Knocks.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 04:57 PM
i still dont see how u can grade a draft until at least 3 years down the road. All they are grading on is how a team picked for need.

Come on, Dude.

The Chiefs took the best players at each slot. No reaches, no mistakes, no "Huh?" picks (Kris Wilson, Siavii, Freeman, Jenkins, Pollard, etc.).

At LEAST give the Chiefs props for doing it RIGHT in this draft.

Sully
04-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Someone has to have locked Carl in the broom closet.

. . . I'm just saying . . .

I'll tell you exactly what happened.
They gave Carl a phone, and even paid someone to be on the other end of the line. Early in the pick time limit, they told him a pick to make him happy, and told him to run along and make his pick.
Then, while he was gone "calling in the pick" the real men made decisions, and called it in for real.
He's been absolutely astonished at every pick we've made, and is looking into suing the league for not honoring what he "called" in.
Monday someone will have to break to him what actually happened.

ROYC75
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
But we still have Herm as the HC, now if we can only get him to step dpwn to talent scout we would have it made.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I thought the wife was going to call the guys in the white coats when she heard me holler about getting Dorsey. When we picked up Albert, she really started getting nervous.

This is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Anyong Bluth
04-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Dorsey - fits
Albert - fits
Flowers - fits

LiL stumppy
04-26-2008, 05:01 PM

They are grading it off of the player rankings they made. And we have done very well.

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 05:02 PM
It's bizarroworld.

Now we need them to produce. But so far so f*cking great.

Deberg_1990
04-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Come on, Dude.

The Chiefs took the best players at each slot. No reaches, no mistakes, no "Huh?" picks (Kris Wilson, Siavii, Freeman, Jenkins, Pollard, etc.).

At LEAST give the Chiefs props for doing it RIGHT in this draft.

I agree 100%, but yours still talking about guys who have yet to play 1 down in the NFL.\

Grading a draft 10 minutes after teams pick is only a formality.

Von Dumbass
04-26-2008, 05:03 PM
That was a great draft so far for the chiefs. Now all they have to do is replace allen at DE. That line would be scary with Dorsey and Allen.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Dorsey - fits
Albert - fits
Flowers - fitsThink there's any truth to the rumors that Herm's calling the shots now, rather than Carl?

KCJohnny
04-26-2008, 05:07 PM
We still have 3 picks early in round three!

We have 3 new starters, done deal.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Mayock has been loving on us too....especially the Flowers pick

tomahawk kid
04-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Think there's any truth to the rumors that Herm's calling the shots now, rather than Carl?

I'd say the proof of that is in our draft board.

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Think there's any truth to the rumors that Herm's calling the shots now, rather than Carl?Gee, I dunno.

heh

DaFace
04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
For what it's worth Adam Schefter was on Donkos talk radio as I was on the way home from Rain Man's saying "The Chiefs have cleaned up in this draft."

Tiger's Fan
04-26-2008, 05:16 PM
This rules so hard. We should get a second season of Hard Knocks.

Speaking of which, NFLN is rerunning last years Hard Knocks starting May 9th.

Robo-Chachi
04-26-2008, 05:17 PM
That was a great draft so far for the chiefs. Now all they have to do is replace allen at DE. That line would be scary with Dorsey and Allen.

I wish that was all they had to do.

Von Dumbass
04-26-2008, 05:24 PM
I wish that was all they had to do.

Your right im not trying to troll though lol

Frazod
04-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Even Prisco is raving over our picks. Amazing. :D

chappy
04-26-2008, 05:35 PM
I still can't believe we passed up Brohm with the fifth pick though.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I still can't believe we passed up Brohm with the fifth pick though.
your avatar is hypnotic

Count Zarth
04-26-2008, 06:12 PM
The Chiefsplanet.com server is the star of this draft.

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2008, 06:19 PM
This is SO insane. Three instant, indisputable starters. Could not have gone better.

etc. etc. etc.

I'm just... agasp.

Count Zarth
04-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Tomorrow is going to rock, too.

Four picks in the first two rounds tomorrow. ZOUNDS!

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Tomorrow is going to rock, too.

Four picks in the first two rounds tomorrow. ZOUNDS!That's what's so cool, IMO. This draft is an "A" already. The rest is just gravy. And "the rest" is huge.

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 06:28 PM

its kinda like prospecting for gold. you find a few good nuggets and hope it turns into a billion dollar claim.

just dont sell the rights away to soon.

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Great day one but I think it is crucial that KC gets more OL players that can step up and play right away or at least play a quarter or two if a guy goes down. C, OG, OT still big needs. The third round is going to be key tomorrow.

Bearcat
04-26-2008, 06:46 PM
But, but, but... I thought ESPN hated the Chiefs. :deevee: It's like, when the Chiefs do something worth covering, they cover it. LMAO

Fish
04-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll tell you exactly what happened.
They gave Carl a phone, and even paid someone to be on the other end of the line. Early in the pick time limit, they told him a pick to make him happy, and told him to run along and make his pick.
Then, while he was gone "calling in the pick" the real men made decisions, and called it in for real.
He's been absolutely astonished at every pick we've made, and is looking into suing the league for not honoring what he "called" in.
Monday someone will have to break to him what actually happened.

LMAO

Saleenman607
04-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Karls got to sign them tho.......may incurr problemas......DAMMIT Karl

Baby Lee
04-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Mayock has been loving on us too....especially the Flowers pick

The pick that even could have been better in any world, MIGHT have been Limas Sweed, but we've already got Bowe.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 07:02 PM
The pick that even could have been better in any world, MIGHT have been Limas Sweed, but we've already got Bowe.

sweed over flowers?

no

Baby Lee
04-26-2008, 07:07 PM
sweed over flowers?

no
Don't overstate my position, which is that was the only choice that had any chance of being a better one, not that it actually would enerringly be a better choice.

Baby Lee
04-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh, and the St. Louis pundits are just apoplectic with Long over Dorsey and Avery over Flowers and Sweed.
They're already counting down to the Brian Billick era.

Spicy McHaggis
04-26-2008, 07:33 PM
"You're excited? Feel these nipples!"

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 07:36 PM
time for Carl and Herm to get an extention!!!!!1111eleven111!!!!

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 07:36 PM
time for Carl and Herm to get an extention!!!!!1111eleven111!!!!

God, I bet this draft is killing you, huh?

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 07:38 PM
:spock:

Mr. Laz
04-26-2008, 07:38 PM
dorsey will NEVER be there at #5 /easyb81

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 07:40 PM
dorsey will NEVER be there at #5 /easyb81

It's fantastic to be wrong and see us take the best talent on the board.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2008, 07:41 PM
It's fantastic to be wrong ...
great minds think alike /mecca

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 07:42 PM
FYI,

This is has to be divine intervention from the football Gods... I will give Herm some credit here, where credit is due....

No way Carl has ANYTHING to do with this...

Coogs
04-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Fantastic day! :toast:

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 07:43 PM
great minds think alike /mecca

Bitter? Luckily the search function is down, because we both know you've said some embarrassing statements about prospects this year.

Just sit back, have a beer, and be happy about possibly the best Chiefs draft in last 10-20 years.

Sully
04-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh, and the St. Louis pundits are just apoplectic with Long over Dorsey and Avery over Flowers and Sweed.
They're already counting down to the Brian Billick era.

Nice sig line, by the way... I heard that the other morning and laughed at that line.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Bitter? Luckily the search function is down, because we both know you've said some embarrassing statements about prospects this year.

Just sit back, have a beer, and be happy about possibly the best Chiefs draft in last 10-20 years.
bitter ......... no

happily mocking all the people talking out their ass b4 the draft ...... yes LMAO

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 07:48 PM
bitter ......... no

happily mocking all the people talking out their ass b4 the draft ...... yes LMAO
Laz = :evil:

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 07:48 PM
LMAObitter ......... no

While you sat quietly in the corner nodding at whatever the knowledgeable posters said?

ROFL

Yeah, win for you bud! We all know you run shit in the draft form. LMAO

Mr. Laz
04-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Laz = :evil:
:redface:

ROFL

Mecca
04-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Yes it was a great first day,they roll on through with the 2nd day and even UDFA and this is the draft that starts the team heading the right direction.

Chiefnj2
04-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Without looking at it closely I'd say KC had the best day 1 followed by Buffalo (McKelvin and Hardy) and Pittsburgh (Mendenhall and Sweed).

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes it was a great first day,they roll on through with the 2nd day and even UDFA and this is the draft that starts the team heading the right direction.
I am stunned to say the least...

Herm for GM?

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Without looking at it closely I'd say KC had the best day 1 followed by Buffalo (McKelvin and Hardy) and Pittsburgh (Mendenhall and Sweed).
Mendenhall might be a steal of a stud in this years draft...

Mecca
04-26-2008, 07:54 PM

Herm for GM?

Thing's broke very well, but it does also help to be picking high......even if all of these players turn into stars and we have a great second day and find some UDFA gems I expect atleast 1 more year of picking very high and we need to clean that up to.

CupidStunt
04-26-2008, 07:55 PM

Best post I've seen from you in months.

Keep it up, and don't give me any bullshit back about the reasons why you're such a negative bastard.

Coogs
04-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Thing's broke very well, but it does also help to be picking high......even if all of these players turn into stars and we have a great second day and find some UDFA gems I expect atleast 1 more year of picking very high and we need to clean that up to.

:thumb: Damn straight! Great start to things... but still a lot of work to do.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Someone mentioned in another thread if we go 3-13 next year and draft just as well next as we did this, we could really be stocked for the next several years.

BigRedChief
04-26-2008, 07:59 PM
I'll join in the chorus of props fpor this draft. But a 5'9" 189lb corner with slower than average speed(4.59) was a great pick at the #35 position? What am I missing? I don't know a lot about this guy.

Count Zarth
Someone mentioned in another thread if we go 3-13 next year and draft just as well next as we did this, we could really be stocked for the next several years.

I think we should go 3-13 every year. Today was awesome.

xbarretx

and you cant fault a guy for that, in this case its good to be proven wrong when being wrong means something MUCH MUCH better! :clap:

Frankie
FWIW, In the months leading to the draft there were many threads on this BB about the hot argument between the "Don't reach but draft for need" camp and the "BPA" camp. The loudest and most vociferous of the "BPA" debaters was Mecca. Here we went BPA with the first pick and DRBDFN with the second. I, as a member of the DRBDFN group, am a pretty happy camper so far. But Mecca and a couple of other BPA guys are pretty quiet today. Could it be that Mecca and his cohorts were just pretending to prefer BPA while in reality pimping for just Matt Ryan? :hmmm: ..... Just an observation.

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 08:00 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chesterfield you never cease to make me bust my gut laughing

Count Zarth
A 5'9" 189lb corner wwith slower than average speed(4.59) was a great pick at the #35 position? What am I missing? I don't know a lot about this guy.

He's a perfect cover 2 corner. He has outstanding instincts and awareness and he's really athletic. He hits like a ton of bricks and can tackle like a mofo. Great ball skills.

He'll be fine as long as Dorsey is eating quarterbacks for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Mecca
I'll join in the chorus of props fpor this draft. But a 5'9" 189lb corner with slower than average speed(4.59) was a great pick at the #35 position? What am I missing? I don't know a lot about this guy.

You should probably see him play and understand what happens in this defense, he compares to say Antione Winfield.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
FWIW, In the months leading to the draft there were many threads on this BB about the hot argument between the "Don't reach but draft for need" camp and the "BPA" camp. The loudest and most vociferous of the "BPA" debaters was Mecca. Here we went BPA with the first pick and DRBDFN with the second. I, as a member of the DRBDFN group, am a pretty happy camper so far. But Mecca and a couple of other BPA guys are pretty quiet today. Could it be that Mecca and his cohorts were just pretending to prefer BPA while in reality pimping for just Matt Ryan? :hmmm: ..... Just an observation.

Chiefs took best players man.....I'm not gonna bitch when they do the right thing.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Well I am a fan of good picks like today...

But eventually Talent will over ride bad coaching... (hopefully)

Frankie
04-26-2008, 08:02 PM

Oh, Hi Mecca. Nice of you to join the celebration while I was typing my last post. But really do you mean this post from the heart? Just wondering.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 08:03 PM

No one with a brain would bitch with this first day. Albert, Clady, etc. would have been dreadful at 5, but at 17 they are fantastic value.

Add in the best 3-tech prospect in the past 10 years and Flowers and you have a dream draft.

FYI, this was BPA all the way, so the BPA pimps have nothing to be upset about.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't see what the deal is here? When the Chiefs do good things I'll say it, I got no issue with that.

The Chiefs did what I wanted them to do, why the hell would I complain?

xbarretx
No one with a brain would bitch with this first day. Albert, Clady, etc. would have been dreadful at 5, but at 17 they are fantastic value.

Add in the best 3-tech prospect in the past 10 years and Flowers and you have a dream draft.

:clap:

why the raggin on Mec though? :hmmm: he didnt want us to reach and we didnt

BigRedChief
He's a perfect cover 2 corner. He has outstanding instincts and awareness and he's really athletic. He hits like a ton of bricks and can tackle like a mofo. Great ball skills.

He'll be fine as long as Dorsey is eating quarterbacks for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
So he likes to play the run and is probably a pretty tough SOB. Sounds like a Herm pick.

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
So he likes to play the run and is probably a pretty tough SOB. Sounds like a Herm pick.

yeah and he hits like a freight truck.... Herm LOVES that stuff ;)

Sully
04-26-2008, 08:09 PM

The Chiefs took the best player available at all three spots.
I'm not sure what you want the BPA people to say...

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 08:11 PM

why the raggin on Mec though? :hmmm: he didnt want us to reach and we didnt

Huh? I'm not the one saying anything to Mecca. He's one of the few on here who knows what he's talking about with the draft.

Frankie

I don't wanna rehash the argument again, but this was BPA only at 5. It was NEED at 15 and 35. We would not have traded up if not for NEED.

Reerun_KC
I'm not sure what you want the BPA people to say...
I am just floored that we could draft this kind of talent...

I have never been sold on Herm's drafting... He did a solid job today... Rep to Herm.. Now if he could just realize it is 2008 and coach like it, then he might be and okay egg...

Sully
04-26-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't wanna rehash the argument again, but this was BPA only at 5. It was NEED at 15 and 35. We would not have traded up if not for NEED.

You are wrong.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure what you want the BPA people to say...Yeah... mission accomplished, as far as I'm concerned.

Kraut
A++ at this moment.:clap:

Frankie

Is that why we traded up from 17 to 15?

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
If you really wanna talk about me you can read the draft thread where when Detroit comes up I say "The Chiefs may want to seriously consider trading up at this point"

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM

It's not one or the other. Albert was on the top of most BPA boards at 15, and Flowers was at or near the top at 35. It also just so happened to be needs for us.

Taking an OT at 5, a move you had suggested, was not even close to being good value.

Sully
04-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Is that why we traded up from 17 to 15?

That's pretty immaterial to whether he was the best player at that spot, isn't it?

Trading up or down has nothing to do with whether the player you took was the best available at that spot.

Mecca
04-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I said they should trade up so I'm not sure how that is an argument Frankie...

Frankie
04-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah... mission accomplished, as far as I'm concerned.

OH NOOOOOO! YA HADDA SAY THAT!!!!! :banghead:

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bush-mission-accomplished.jpg

This draft is doomed.:deevee:

Frankie
04-26-2008, 08:22 PM
That's pretty immaterial to whether he was the best player at that spot, isn't it?

Was he the best at 17? Teams only trade up because they NEED and Target a player.

Basileus777
04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Albert and Flowers were arguably the best players available when the Chiefs were selecting. Just because they fit a need doesn't mean that it wasn't BPA.

milkman
04-26-2008, 08:25 PM

The guy plays faster than he timed, and despite his lack of ideal height, he's a solid man corner, as well as an ideal zone corner.

Sully
Was he the best at 17? Teams only trade up because they NEED and Target a player.

Teams trade up if they covet a player, or if they feel a player has dropped below his value and they can get him. I assume the Chiefs felt a little of both about Albert. He would've been the best player available at 17, and he was that at 15...

KcMizzou
Albert and Flowers were arguably the best players available when the Chiefs were selecting. Just because they fit a need doesn't mean that it wasn't BPA.Exactly.

Let's be honest... we have lots of needs. We can do the BPA thing and fill a need at the same time.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Albert and Flowers were arguably the best players available when the Chiefs were selecting. Just because they fit a need doesn't mean that it wasn't BPA.

Everyone seems to understand that except Frankie - he's a bit slow.

Sully
04-26-2008, 08:26 PM

Considering the holes on the Chiefs, it'd be very hard for them not to pick a player at a position of need.

milkman
04-26-2008, 08:28 PM

Here's how I see it.

The guy was considered a top 10 prospect going into the day, and he fell into the 15 range.

Yes, he plays a position of need, but there was a gap between him and the next BPA there.

Moving up to get that kind of player is a no brainer at the right price.

milkman
04-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Teams trade up if they covet a player, or if they feel a player has dropped below his value and they can get him. I assume the Chiefs felt a little of both about Albert. He would've been the best player available at 17, and he was that at 15...

Exactly.

Much better than I said it.

Delano
04-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Here's how I see it.

The guy was considered a top 10 prospect going into the day, and he fell into the 15 range.

Yes, he plays a position of need, but there was a gap between him and the next BPA there.

Moving up to get that kind of player is a no brainer at the right price.

It was a great price.

We GAINED 12 points of draft value in the trade.

Oh Snap
04-26-2008, 08:38 PM
But we still have Herm as the HC, now if we can only get him to step dpwn to talent scout we would have it made.

Give him more credit. The man was left a team that was the oldest in the league, which had a cry baby for a coach who was horrid at drafting.

The DV years really ****ed this team up. Herm was dealt sloppy seconds.

I like what ive seen from Herm. Give the man a chance, he will turn is into winners, count on it!111111

Frankie
04-26-2008, 08:39 PM

What I meant and should have said was he would not have been there at 17 to BE BPA. We needed the only legit LT 1st rounder left. So we traded up.

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Huh? I'm not the one saying anything to Mecca. He's one of the few on here who knows what he's talking about with the draft.

that was a general question, not directed towards you Eazy ;)

Sully
04-26-2008, 08:43 PM
What I meant and should have said was he would not have been there at 17 to BE BPA. We needed the only legit LT 1st rounder left. So we traded up.

Or we felt, regardless of position, that he was being far undervalued, and traded up to take advantage.

Happens all the time.

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Or we felt, regardless of position, that he was being far undervalued, and traded up to take advantage.

Happens all the time.

yeah, how many mocks had us reaching for him at 5 ??? taking him at 15 is mighty SWEET

milkman
04-26-2008, 08:50 PM
yeah, how many mocks had us reaching for him at 5 ??? taking him at 15 is mighty SWEET

The Chiefs coveted Albert because he was top 10 talent that slipped.

They saw a team that was trying to jockey into position ahead of them, and made the move to get the best player on their board.

That wasn't about need.

That was a move to get a top 10 player at 15.

tiptap
04-26-2008, 08:54 PM
I thought the jump up made sense. If we didn't get Albert we would have had Williams. I think most would say he was the best of the players that played OT routinely in college (at least after RT/LT Long). And the run on OT's came right after the jump up.

Frankie
04-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Taking an OT at 5, a move you had suggested, was not even close to being good value.

Now here you go making things personal by labeling me "slow" and then prove your own slowness of the noggin by demonstrating you have never comprehended what I have repeatedly argued. I first thank you for taking the burden of a proper put down off my hands. Second, I will explain it to you slowly O N E ... L A ST ...T I M E........... I never said we should reach........... I always said if Jake Long was not available...... THEN....... we should try to trade down IF....... IRRESISTABLE COMPENSATION........ was offered to us......... Then take a LT at the position of worth......... and some ADDITIONAL HIGH PICKS.

Now I suggest you print this and take it to bed with you. Read it SLOWLY 10 times before you fall asleep. And then 10 times when you wake up in the morning.

doomy3
04-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I thought the jump up made sense. If we didn't get Albert we would have had Williams. I think most would say he was the best of the players that played OT routinely in college (at least after RT/LT Long). And the run on OT's came right after the jump up.

Actually Chicago picked Williams at 14. I think that if CHicago had of selected another position, the Chiefs probably would have stayed put and selected either Albert or Williams, whichever was left.

tiptap
04-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Actually Chicago picked Williams at 14. I think that if CHicago had of selected another position, the Chiefs probably would have stayed put and selected either Albert or Williams, whichever was left.

This is exactly what I was referring to. Either one or the other would be there to pick.

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 09:05 PM
this quote annoys me a bit

Now This Was Big
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/04/26/now_this_was_big/

"Dorsey was one of two players at the top of the Chiefs draft board; the other was RB Darren McFadden who went to the Raiders on the fourth choice. Most teams in the league had Dorsey rated as the draft’s best defensive talent. Once St. Louis, drafting in the second spot, went with DE Chris Long and Atlanta went with QB Matt Ryan with the third pick, the Chiefs knew Dorsey was going to be available to them."

i pray we were not actually going to take him over others that would have been left. ill chock this up to Gretz smoking some wacky stuff..... :shake:

if thats the case the LOUD applause at the Cheifs draft party when KC took McFadden was WELL WELL deserved! for once.. thank you Al Davis

milkman
04-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Let me ask you frankie, who did the Lions select at 17?

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 09:15 PM

grob LMAO

Frankie
04-26-2008, 09:17 PM

Let me ask you. Who is the Lions GM?

milkman
04-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Let me ask you. Who is the Lions GM?

Matt Millen, but that's irrelevent.

Answer the question, and while you're at it, tell us, who went at 19?

This was an edit, I forgot about Flacco at 18.

Adept Havelock
04-26-2008, 09:20 PM
A hearty BRAVO to the Chiefs for a superb first day. :clap:

Encore! Encore!

Count Zarth
04-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Speaking of Matt Millen, Carl referred to him as "his good friend," or something. That made my blood run cold.

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Speaking of Matt Millen, Carl referred to him as "his good friend," or something. That made my blood run cold.

Good friend in Carl speak means, "my biatch".

Count Zarth
04-26-2008, 09:23 PM
http://kan.scout.com/3/kcdraft2008.html

This link is chock full of info about our three rookies. Tom Marino's analysis is interesting.

There's also audio from all three rookies.

milkman
04-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Good friend in Carl speak means, "my biatch".

LMAO

your best post ever.

milkman
04-26-2008, 09:24 PM

This link is chock full of info about our three rookies. Tom Marino's analysis is interesting.

Who the hell is Tom Marino?

Count Zarth
04-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Who the hell is Tom Marino?

30-year NFL scouting veteran.

beach tribe
04-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Heh. The falcons are going to regret passing on Dorsey for for the next QB bust.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2008, 09:28 PM
If we'd drafted Ryan at #5, I would have been very frustrated. To draft Ryan at #3... unless he really outperforms my expectations, they're going to rue that pick.

why the raggin on Mec though? :hmmm: he didnt want us to reach and we didntMecca's right a lot, but he's abrasive, which makes people respond irrationally.

Pic
04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/used/hooray.jpg

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Mecca's right a lot, but he's abrasive, which makes people respond irrationally.QFT

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 09:31 PM

There's also audio from all three rookies.

the audio which you CANT listen to unless your a subscriber :cuss: Chesterfield...you make me cry! :p

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't wanna rehash the argument again, but this was BPA only at 5. It was NEED at 15 and 35. We would not have traded up if not for NEED.Jesus Christ.

Just because the best player happens to fill an area of need doesn't mean you're not going BPA. With as many holes as there are on this team, of course we're going to be filling some of them with our picks.

Cherilus was a reach. Baker was a reach. Albert was BPA.
Was Flowers a reach? **** no. He was just a damn good football player who was available for us.

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 09:32 PM
If we'd drafted Ryan at #5, I would have been very frustrated. To draft Ryan at #3... unless he really outperforms my expectations, they're going to rue that pick.

Mecca's right a lot, but he's abrasive, which makes people respond irrationally.

sweet, as you can see by my join date...i know some stuff but im still learning stuff like that. thats now 2 things i know about mecca.. the other that was told to me was he "never gives rep" LMAO

thanks Ultra :toast:

xbarretx
04-26-2008, 09:33 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/used/hooray.jpg

dude warn people before you show amazingly funny pictures like that(including your sig)!!!! i spit my beer all over my keyboard LMAO ROFL LMAO

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Everyone seems to understand that except Frankie - he's a bit slow.What do you expect from you-know-who's running buddy?

milkman
04-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh Frankie.....

....I'm still waiting.

Who was taken at 17 and 19?

T-post Tom
04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Up until today, I was hoping that they would trade down for more picks later in the first as it seemed that there was talent throughout the first round. After today, I've changed my mind and am happy that that they went after the players that they got. After listening to all the analysis and seeing all the footage, I think that the Chiefs earned an "A" for the first day. My only question was trading up from 17 to 15. I guess they thought the Lions, Cards or possible another team trading up, might get Albert. The guys on NFL Network really talked Albert up and said that in 5 years, he may prove out to be the best o-lineman in the draft. I must say that I was impressed with the footage that they showed. He looked like a clone of Will Shields when he was pulling and blocking in space. Very impressive. We don't know how this will pan out over time, but the first 3 picks sure look good as of today. Kudos to the FO.:D

Frankie
04-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Matt Millen, but that's irrelevent.

Answer the question, and while you're at it, tell us, who went at 19?

This was an edit, I forgot about Flacco at 18.

Gosder Cherilus, Joe Flacco and Jeff Otah, what's the point?

milkman
04-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Gosder Cherilus, Joe Flacco and Jeff Otah, what's the point?

Do I have to spell it out for you.

Are you too stupid to devine the point?

Frankie
04-26-2008, 09:49 PM
What do you expect from you-know-who's running buddy?

I didn't vote for you-know-who. Did you? ;)

Frankie
04-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh Frankie.....

....I'm still waiting.

Who was taken at 17 and 19?

Sorry. Late supper.

Frankie
04-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Do I have to spell it out for you.

Are you too stupid to devine the point?

Have you considered that your whole phantom point is stupid? But then that would make you cerebral if you actually could deduce things.

milkman
04-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Have you considered that your whole phantom point is stupid? But then that would make you cerebral if you actually could deduce things.

No, I haven't.

The Chiefs could have stayed at 17 and taken one of those two guys, guys that fillied that oh so important position of need, that you claim that they had to trade up to fill.

They didn't trade up to fill a position of need.

They traded up to take a player whose value was much higher.

It just happened that he filled that oh so imprtant position of need.

Frankie
04-26-2008, 10:14 PM
No, I haven't.

The Chiefs could have stayed at 17 and taken one of those two guys, guys that fillied that oh so important position of need, that you claim that they had to trade up to fill.

Otah would have been OK (not a reach) at 17. Cherilus would have been a reach. So let me ask again."What's your point?"

Frankie
04-26-2008, 10:16 PM
BTW, I'm going to bed. So if you insist on arguing we'll have to do it in the morning. Nighty night.

milkman
04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
BTW, I'm going to bed. So if you insist on arguing we'll have to do it in the morning. Nighty night.

I'm not going to waste any more effort in arguing with someone who clearly won't admit he's wrong.

petegz28
04-26-2008, 10:32 PM
No, I haven't.

We didn't trade up for a position of need? Have you not ever watched the Chiefs offensive line? I'd say one of the best OL in the draft was filling a huge need.

milkman
04-26-2008, 10:33 PM
We didn't trade up for a position of need? Have you not ever watched the Chiefs offensive line? I'd say one of the best OL in the draft was filling a huge need.

Oh ****.

:doh!:

Reerun_KC
04-28-2008, 03:38 PM

Herm for GM?

Okay I have had sometime to think this over...

I was caught up in the moment, No Herm for GM! bad bad bad Idea....

His Ego is just as big as Carls... We need a GM willing to work with his Coach, not one who will fire him for going for the win and not kicking the FG to tie a preseason game and force overtime.

CupidStunt
04-28-2008, 04:13 PM
It's well-documented that the Eagles were talking with Arizona about the pick; they wanted Albert badly.

The trade was mastery. It's the type of trade GMs like Pioli and Polian make and get applauded for. Now we managed to pull it off. Be f**king happy.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 04:17 PM
It should tell you what was thought of Albert just by the fact that after Albert was gone the Eagles wanted no part of the rest of the lineman they had Otah there and moved.

KC Tattoo
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
According to a Chiefs fan I talked to today at work, I watched the wrong draft. He said our second day picks were horrible. Oh and Brandon Flowers is 5'9. I disagreed with him and asked him why did they brag so much all weekend long? Our two blocking TEs are exactly that blocking TE much needed in this offense going forward, we got a RB that can change the dynamics of a game at any time with a home run. Much needed fast WR. I think he was going to be upset no matter what. We really upgraded our team for the long hall this weekend, better than most of us could expect any ways. Brandon Flowers is a stud CB that can play football my God!

Hey Chiefs fans that think that we had a bad draft. "GET OVER IT"