PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Naysayers

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Maybe you want to preach about how none of these players have done anything yet. 2008 Draft Super Bowl winners.... yeah, we get it.

Perhaps you'd like to inform us that you highly doubt these player will be signed and in camp on time.

If so, I'd like to respectfully ask you to shut your pie hole and let us celebrate a job well done for once. :) We NEED it.

It's a good day for the Chiefs. Please, lets just cross those other bridges when we come to them. For now... today... we kicked ASS!!! :rockon:

Sanka
04-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Amen. It was a long football season and this draft has been absolutely great for us.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 05:18 PM
totally agree

just enjoy today...this is once in a lifetime

we can resume the doom on Monday

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Maybe you want to preach about how none of these players have done anything yet. 2008 Draft Super Bowl winners.... yeah, we get it.

Perhaps you'd like to inform us that you highly doubt these player will be signed and in camp on time.

If so, I'd like to respectfully ask you to shut your pie hole and let us celebrate a job well done for once. :) We NEED it.

It's a good day for the Chiefs. Please, lets just cross those other bridges when we come to them. For now... today... we kicked ASS!!! :rockon:

Preach it KCMizz. "It's not Godd**n Herm and Carl, it's God Bless Herm and Carl" :) ~~~~~ at least for this weekend.

talastan
04-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm enthralled with the way today turned out. The best player of the draft falls to us, we pick a very secure pick for our O-Line in the first round, and we get a smash-mouth cornerback to help with tackling and stopping the run. Very good job Chiefs management. Let's welcome these three to the Tribe!!:clap::clap:

Bowser
04-26-2008, 05:24 PM
This has been probably the best case scenario for the Chiefs today.

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 05:24 PM
It's not Clady and Otah. We're DOOOOOOMED.

Bwana
04-26-2008, 05:25 PM
What Mizz said...........

Spott
04-26-2008, 05:27 PM
I'd be more excited if we weren't still stuck with Croyle and Huard as our QB's.

tk13
04-26-2008, 05:29 PM
It's really what we had to do... it might not put us in the playoffs this year, but this team had to nail this draft, with so many picks so high in each round. It was critical to the rebuilding process.

All three guys have a chance to be solid NFL players, and possibly more. With three more 3rd round picks in a very deep draft. The front office kept saying how they've prepared longer and deeper for this draft, and it's paying off so far. We had to address some of these positions to even give some of our other skill guys a chance. That's how you turn things around quickly.

Plus, the server didn't have a hiccup all day. Without a doubt the best draft day in ChiefsPlanet history.

L.A. Chieffan
04-26-2008, 05:29 PM
YAAAAAAAAY LETS FORGET THE LAST 40 YEARS OF SUCKTITUDE BECAUSE WE GOT THREE GOOD PICKS YAAAAAAAAAYYY

Miles
04-26-2008, 05:30 PM
No LT for all three of KC's top picks? OH NOES.

markk
04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
they did the best they could possibly do with all three picks so far.

the Talking Can
04-26-2008, 05:33 PM
I'd be more excited if we weren't still stuck with Croyle and Huard as our QB's.

really?

you don't think we have time in the future to figure that out?

people try so hard to be miserable..

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 05:33 PM
YAAAAAAAAY LETS FORGET THE LAST 40 YEARS OF SUCKTITUDE BECAUSE WE GOT THREE GOOD PICKS YAAAAAAAAAYYYSee... I don't understand this attitude.

The fact that your favorite team has performed poorly in the past, should not limit you ability to enjoy their successes.

WTF, exactly, did you want from this draft?

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 05:34 PM
people try so hard to be miserable..You aint' kiddin'.

For Christ's sake... take a day off from bitching and be happy!

buddha
04-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Some people can see the bad in anything. For the haters, make sure that none of this brings you ANY pleasure or joy. Just keep bitching.

L.A. Chieffan
04-26-2008, 05:39 PM
See... I don't understand this attitude.

The fact that your favorite team has performed poorly in the past, should not limit you ability to enjoy their successes.

WTF, exactly, did you want from this draft?

ummm I dunno, maybe if we hadn't sucked balls for so long and looked pathetically bad in so many drafts this draft wouldn't have been so pivotal. One good day doesn't make everything peachy all the sudden

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 05:40 PM
really?

you don't think we have time in the future to figure that out?

people try so hard to be miserable..Not that I'm saying this to cast a shadow over today (no way to do that...) but we're stuck with him now, short of trading up and grabbing Brohm. Another 3rd rounder isn't the solution, and there's nothing in the '09 draft. So we're going to be looking for the next castoff 34-year old next offseason if Croyle flops.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 05:40 PM
ummm I dunno, maybe if we hadn't sucked balls for so long and looked pathetically bad in so many drafts this draft wouldn't have been so pivotal. One good day doesn't make everything peachy all the suddenNevermind. Go ahead and stay miserable.

Have fun with that. :)

Bwana
04-26-2008, 05:41 PM
ummm I dunno, maybe if we hadn't sucked balls for so long and looked pathetically bad in so many drafts this draft wouldn't have been so pivotal. One good day doesn't make everything peachy all the sudden

:spock:

Dude, seriously, either go drink the Koolaid, or go jump on the Pats bandwagon.

cdcox
04-26-2008, 05:41 PM
The front office kept saying how they've prepared longer and deeper for this draft, and it's paying off so far.

The picks so far have been great. I would have done exactly the same on the first two picks and have no complaints whatsoever about Flowers. There were at least 4 or 5 good picks at that position, and they got one of them.

The third round and beyond is where the extra preparation will be put to the test. I don't expect they will hit on every pick. I'd say getting two more starters would represent a great draft.

L.A. Chieffan
04-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Nevermind. Go ahead and stay miserable.

Have fun with that. :)

I'm watching the Lakers destroy the Nuggets IN THE PLAYOFFS. I'm having fun with one of my teams

L.A. Chieffan
04-26-2008, 05:43 PM

Either be an unrealistic homer or just stop being a Chiefs fan? Um OK

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Not that I'm saying this to cast a shadow over today (no way to do that...) but we're stuck with him now, short of trading up and grabbing Brohm. Another 3rd rounder isn't the solution, and there's nothing in the '09 draft. So we're going to be looking for the next castoff 34-year old next offseason if Croyle flops.I don't think anyone planned on this being a one year rebuild. Obviously, it's just a start, I just think it's a hell of a good one.

We're putting good pieces in place... we just haven't gotten around to QB yet. (and who knows, with a few more pieces, we might not need a different QB)

buddha
04-26-2008, 05:44 PM

Recognizing that something good just happened and ENJOYING it is both astute and fair minded for a "fan". Did anybody claim everything was peachy? :shake:

tk13
04-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Not that I'm saying this to cast a shadow over today (no way to do that...) but we're stuck with him now, short of trading up and grabbing Brohm. Another 3rd rounder isn't the solution, and there's nothing in the '09 draft. So we're going to be looking for the next castoff 34-year old next offseason if Croyle flops.
I don't know about that. For one, I don't think we can even begin to properly evaluate Croyle with the offensive line we had last year. We were last in sacks, and last in rushing yards, we had a horrifically bad line. I don't have the answer, but I doubt you'd find a single QB in the history of the NFL who succeeded with an O-line that played at that statistical level. How can you even begin to evaluate the true potential of any of your skill players like that? Whether it's Croyle, or someone else we drafted, you can't. Ryan or Brohm or Henne would've been a bust behind this line. And you'd be looking to draft another QB anyway

Plus, so much changes from year to year. Somebody in the college game will step their game up to another level and become 1st round talent next year. During last year's draft, everybody would've said without a doubt.... Brohm was going #1 today, and now there's a chance he falls to the 3rd round. Just like there will probably be a 2nd or 3rd round guy who blossoms into a first round talent. Hopefully Croyle improves so we don't have to worry about it.

keg in kc
04-26-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't think anyone planned on this being a one year rebuild. Obviously, it's just a start, I just think it's a hell of a good one.

We're putting good pieces in place... we just haven't gotten around to QB yet. (and who knows, with a few more pieces, we might not need a different QB)Oh, I don't think it's a one-year rebuild either, but to me QB is a position you draft with expectations of success 3 years down the road. So you take a QB now (if there is one, of course...), start him in '09 and expect him to really compete in 2010, which I think would be perfect for this team; I think we'll be competitive in '09 and a playoff team in '10. But odds are, we're going to have to do it with a vet QB.

Which doesn't mean we won't have a good QB by then, it's just a little disappointing that we still won't be able to develop our own. But, hey, maybe the Chiefs never will...

(I guess I'm being unfair to Croyle, but I just don't see him as the future, mainly because I don't think there's any way he can survive a 16-game season, regardless of what kind of line he has. I'm wrong a lot, though, so hopefully I am here, too...)

Bwana
04-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Either be an unrealistic homer or just stop being a Chiefs fan? Um OK

Yeah, you're right, we're doomed!

seclark
04-26-2008, 05:50 PM
i'm in...good picks, good thread.
sec

beach tribe
04-26-2008, 06:01 PM
One of the bests days for a Chiefs fan in a long time.

HemiEd
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM

What Greg said.

Miles
04-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Really difficult to enjoy the draft thus far unless you are all but the most bitter fan.

KcMizzou
04-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Really difficult not to enjoy the draft thus far unless you are all but the most bitter fan.FYP :)

Miles
04-26-2008, 06:18 PM
FYP :)

Nice. :) Thought I typed it as that. I blame the beers.

MOhillbilly
04-26-2008, 06:21 PM
i got excited when QB went 3 and damn near jumped outta the car when rb went four. then we get flowers in round 2.

my girls been a bitch for two days and ive never fetl better.