PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it bad that I hope we stink for one more year?

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Another solid draft next year gives us a great foundation for longer-term success. I'd be willing to lose games as long as the youngsters are learning (i.e. Albert is playing LT) and we draft well again next year.

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2008, 10:48 PM
I think if we see good things from the people that were picked today and continue to see good things from Bowe, a fun-to-watch losing season might be in store.

I'd take being the "best losing team in the NFL" if it would give us another awesome draft.

But if it's all total shit, then you kinda feel like you're at square one even with more top 5 picks.

Basileus777
04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Not at all. One draft isn't going to fill all of the holes this team has. Another year of mediocrity followed by mid level draft picks isn't going to accomplish anything except slow the rebuilding process.

Valiant
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Not at all. One draft isn't going to fill all of the holes this team has. Another year of mediocrity followed by mid level draft picks isn't going to accomplish anything except slow the rebuilding process.

I said in another thread, but 8-8 is the worse record you can have..

siberian khatru
04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't think you're gonna have to hope for it.

markk
04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
we wont have another jared allen to auction off, but the way we drafted today maybe it won't matter.

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 10:56 PM
No, it makes you smart.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we win every game next year. But one more poor season would set us up for anothe great draft, and that should give us enough top-end players to rebuild this franchise.

I hope to God Herm throws the youngsters in from day one. That's the only way we will rebuild this sinking ship.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I'd be really surprised if we win more than 5-7 games next year.....at this point.

I expect us to start out slowly....and by the end, be capable of beating decent teams--at least, at Arrowhead.

Which means, we should be in a decent position to do well in the draft, again. :)

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 11:50 PM
If the Chiefs win more than 4 games next year with at least 5 rookie starters and a QB that's never made it through an NFL season uninjured, it should be considered a success.

Brock
04-26-2008, 11:53 PM
They will probably win more games than they should. They do it every year.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 11:54 PM
They will probably win more games than they should. They do it every year.

Even in 2007?

ChiefsLV
04-26-2008, 11:56 PM
... and a QB that's never made it through an NFL season uninjured, ...

ROFL you make it sound as if he's been playing a few years, wasn't it like six games he got a chance to play in? :)

stlchiefs
04-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah this high draft pick thing is pretty cool. A lot better than an 8-8 season and no playoffs.

ClevelandBronco
It's just kind of realistic to think that the Chiefs will stink for one more year.

I'm not looking forward to seeing what they might be able to do in three years.

xbarretx
I'd be really surprised if we win more than 5-7 games next year.....at this point.

I expect us to start out slowly....and by the end, be capable of beating decent teams--at least, at Arrowhead.

Which means, we should be in a decent position to do well in the draft, again. :)

i hope b/c losing at arrowhead sucks a fat one! :cuss:

milkman
04-26-2008, 11:59 PM
ROFL you make it sound as if he's been playing a few years, wasn't it like six games he got a chance to play in? :)

He's talking about his college career as well.

wazu
04-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Yes, it is bad. The best thing to hope for is success, because that means a lot of players will be stepping up and we are headed in the right direction.

We have a lot of young players on this team, and a bunch more are about to join it. It's dangerous to get to a point where none of them have known any kind of team success at the professional level. Winning is gonna be more important that drafting a few spots higher.

Basileus777
04-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Yes, it is bad. The best thing to hope for is success, because that means a lot of players will be stepping up and we are headed in the right direction.

We have a lot of young players on this team, and a bunch more are about to join it. It's dangerous to get to a point where none of them have known any kind of team success at the professional level. Winning is gonna be more important that drafting a few spots higher.

I don't think anyone is really suggesting that we tank Miami Heat style.

We don't want to create a culture of losing, but we should play our youngins and focus on developing players rather than winning a few more games.

Sam Hall
04-27-2008, 12:15 AM
The Chiefs will have plenty of needs next April, but I want Mr. Maualuga

wazu
04-27-2008, 12:15 AM

We don't want to create a culture of losing, but we should play our youngins and focus on developing players rather than winning a few more games.

I agree with that, but what you are describing doesn't sound like actively wanting the Chiefs to stink one more year. I'm all in favor of playing the young guys and letting the chips fall where they may. But even though I know it's not likely I'll be cheering hard for wins and fast success.

ClevelandBronco
04-27-2008, 12:19 AM

That's going to take coaches explaining exactly what's up and a few veteran players (Think: Tony Gonzalez, especially) focusing these kids on what the team is trying to accomplish. Very few new guys who are invited to play professional football have much experience with losing at any previous level.

Communication and encouragement will be essential.

CHENZ A!
04-27-2008, 12:32 AM
IF YOU ROOT AGAINST THE CHIEFS YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE.

THAT INCLUDE PEOPLE THAT CALL THEMSELVES CHIEFS FANS, AND FANS OF ALL OTHER TEAMS BESIDES CHIEFS.

SBK
04-27-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm sure we'll be tough to watch early in the year, it's 2nd half of the season I'm interested in. Are we developing, are we seeing huge improvements in the young guys?

If we do see improvement, and if we see these guys progressing--and then we can have a great draft again next year watch out.

To me this year the record is far less important than the progress made.

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 01:04 AM

Dude, he was injured in the 2006 training camp as well.

The guy is injury prone. Must I do this AGAIN?

ACL in high school
ACL in college
Shoulder in the NFL 2006
Kidney in 2007

Some people are just injury prone. It's not an indictment of his ability or of his character.

He's injury prone, plain and simple.

And you CAN'T be the "QBOTF" when you're on the injury list.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 01:05 AM
That's okay, Dane, we have DAMON HUARDIBLE!

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 01:09 AM
That's okay, Dane, we have DAMON HUARDIBLE!

Do we?

Yay!

ROFL

HolmeZz
04-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Michael Crabtree plz

We're gonna have some nice players to choose from in '09:

Michael Oher
Rey Maualuga
Malcolm Jenkins
Percy Harvin
Myron Rolle
Taylor Mays

Mr. Christopher
04-27-2008, 01:26 AM
It's not bad that you hope that the Chiefs stink for another year...it just means that you are a fan.

As a fan, I hope that the Chiefs can draft just as well next year as this year, but I think what a good team does is do the best they can with what they have...which is as true for the draft day as it is for game day.

As a fan, I can sympathize with the hope for a good draft next year...but not at the cost of losing for another season. I can only hope for a season where our younger talent gets plenty of experience, and win or lose, the Chiefs put themselves in a position to make solid decisions in free agency and the draft to secure a successful future.

Logical
04-27-2008, 01:29 AM
I don't think you have much to worry about 0-4 wins is probably the likely range for wins.

Ugly Duck
04-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Is it bad that I hope we stink for one more year?

Not at all...

Logical
04-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Do we?

Yay!

ROFLBuck up we can still pick John David Booty:evil:

ChiliConCarnage
04-27-2008, 02:06 AM
It'd be nice if they could enact some sort of cap on the top 10 draft payouts before then :( Unlikely sure. We'd probably still need a QB unless we could swing a trade for Anderson or someone

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Michael Oher , I want this player to be on the on the 2009 KC Chiefs team

Valiant
04-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Not at all...

Besides SD this year the whole West will suck..

Valiant
04-27-2008, 02:11 AM

THAT INCLUDE PEOPLE THAT CALL THEMSELVES CHIEFS FANS, AND FANS OF ALL OTHER TEAMS BESIDES CHIEFS.

Listen to this man, mediocrity is the goal.. All teams can hit gems like Tom Brady in the bottom of the draft and lower rounds..

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2008, 02:45 AM
I'll take another year of sucky football if it means we will be Super Bowl calibar for 5 to 10 years after.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2008, 02:46 AM
We've had a pretty good half draft. Meh, **** that, we've had 2 superior rounds. I'm surprised everyone is talking about next year's picks when we still have 9 to take tomorrow. We still have a shit ton of work too do. Here's to hoping we find another Jared Allen tomorrow. :toast: Minus the toast of course. ;)

alanm
04-27-2008, 02:50 AM

Valium..Check it out.:thumb:

CHENZ A!
04-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Listen to this man, mediocrity is the goal.. All teams can hit gems like Tom Brady in the bottom of the draft and lower rounds..

I want my team to win EVERY game, so no, mediocrity is definetely NOT the goal. Also TOM BRADY IS AN ASSHOLE.