PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs In Brodie we Trust

Hoover
04-26-2008, 10:09 PM
The one guy who should be thrilled with how the draft unfolded is Brodie Croyle. Since the Chiefs didn't use one of their top three picks on a QB he has a solid hole on the job. Thats not to say the Chiefs will not draft a QB, but if they do they will not challenge Brodie this year, meaning Brodie has been giving a great opportunity to prove his worth.

It also doesn't hurt that we added a young LT and will probably grab additional oline help in round 3.

Molitoth
04-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Bring in Casey Printers! =P

Mr. Arrowhead
04-26-2008, 10:10 PM
When we picked Alberts i was saying to my self, i wonder whos happier Brodie or LJ?

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Next year's draft should have some QB talent. Brodie will have a year to make it happen.

Fruit Ninja
04-26-2008, 10:12 PM
I dont trust him for shit. He needs to show he can be durable. Not sold yet.

Bowser
04-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I dont trust him for shit. He needs to show he can be durable. Not sold yet.

No QB would be durable behind that screen door of an offensive line we had last year.

markk
04-26-2008, 10:15 PM
you could have put a sherman tank behind that line last year and by the fourth quarter it would have been upside down with both tracks broken and in flames

Frankie
04-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Next year's draft should have some QB talent. Brodie will have a year to make it happen.

I have a feeling if Brodie does not pan out and the QB cupboard is bare come next year's draft we might make a play for Brady Quinn (God forbid) or GB's Rogers.

Here's to Brodie making a lot of people eat raw crow. :toast:

Fish
04-26-2008, 10:21 PM
It's literally his make or break season.... hope he doesn't break.....

Pablo
04-26-2008, 10:25 PM
you could have put a sherman tank behind that line last year and by the fourth quarter it would have been upside down with both tracks broken and in flamesThis is true. We could get Collins outta KU or Nicks outta NU, either guy would help solidify the line at pretty good value. If we give Brodie more than .02 seconds to make his reads and deliver the ball before he's driven 7 feet under the stadium by an entire defensive line, I think he'll have a chance to progress. He's a pretty fragile fella, but with a little line help, and some mental toughness I think he could pull through. No more babying either, like when he hurt his wrist last year and had to come out, then Herm trotted Huard out there.

Pablo
04-26-2008, 10:25 PM
I have a feeling if Brodie does not pan out and the QB cupboard is bare come next year's draft we might make a play for Brady Quinn (God forbid) or GB's Rogers.WTF is wrong with Brady Quinn? I would have sh*t myself with joy had he fell one spot further and we had taken him over Bowe.

Sam Hall
04-26-2008, 10:26 PM
One way or another, Croyle will help decide next year's first round pick.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Like trusting in Matt Ryan would have been any better.

P.S. Josh Johnson

eazyb81
04-26-2008, 10:27 PM
If he can't succeed with Albert, a healthy LJ, and another starting-caliber WR and/or OG from Day 2 picks, then this will be his last year in the league.

Psyko Tek
04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
if brodie sucks we will get another low pick in the draft next year

and if he doesn't we finally got a QB

Hoover
04-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm happy we are going to give him the opportunity, but I agree if he sucks we will end up with a top pick so I don't think its going to hurt us any.

Sam Hall
04-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Scott Wright has blogged about his top 12 seniors for next season. We have talked about most of them. He doesn't have any quarterbacks.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/future/thefuture.html

hrhiner
04-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Look at Paul Smith as a 3rd or 4th round QB! Most of the written info on him looks outstanding!

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2008, 10:43 PM
KC can trade for a QB if necessary once the team is rebuilt.

ClevelandBronco
04-26-2008, 10:44 PM
I have a feeling if Brodie does not pan out and the QB cupboard is bare come next year's draft we might make a play for Brady Quinn (God forbid) or GB's Rogers.

Here's to Brodie making a lot of people eat raw crow. :toast:

The Browns can't let Quinn go until he gets the chance to play. They're really going to piss off the fans if he isn't given an opportunity in Cleveland.

The only way they'd accept it is if it's very clear that the Browns raped the Chiefs in the trade.

You're probably not wishing for that.

Buehler445
04-26-2008, 10:46 PM

Just wondering who you are eyeing?

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM

Who?

It's already been stated time and time again that there are NO "franchise" QB's next year.

If Croyle can't stay healthy this year, the Chiefs will look to free agency for their 2009 QB.

Bank on it.