PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Hey guys - Note on Dorsey

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:20 AM
I am a diehard Bills fan however I live in New Orleans and follow LSU football religiously. While I am not a Saints fan I do generally root for them as long as they arent playing the Bills.

I have seen 90% of the LSU tiger games for the past 5-6 years and while I dont have to tell you the type of player you got, Dorsey is without a doubt the best defensive player in this draft. He has long been my favorite player I was thrilled he won a title before leaving. While hes a great all around player what seperates him is all the little things, his toughness, leadership, and sheer ability. Hes as hard a worker as they come and will never quit on you. That kid will anchor your line for the next decade easy.

What I love about Dorsey is he is simply a good kid. The type of guy you never have to worry about doing something stupid off the field, he does nothing but give back and is just an all around pleasant guy. Very mature and the type of guy you want on your squad. He is always doing charity work around here. I am truly happy he went to the Chiefs, ralph and lamar were great friends and I think part of me is happy to see the Chiefs get some of my Tigers. I am especially happy he will join his friend Bowe.

Id have died if he were a fin, jet or worst of all Patriot. Thank god.

I run a football sim league (think fantasy football times about a million....you run your own franchise) and both dorsey and albert are at the top of my board for our upcoming rookie draft so when I saw you guys got them both I was blown away.

At any rate I just wanted to congratulate you on your fantastic day, man you guys killed it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Holy crap, I gave you six bars just for one rep.

Coach
04-27-2008, 01:23 AM
It would be awesome if Dorsey can be like the reverend Reggie White.

Frazod
04-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Holy crap, I gave you six bars just for one rep.

I gave him another four. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2008, 01:24 AM
It would be awesome if Dorsey can be like the reverend Reggie White.

Nah, I'd rather he not die.

Thig Lyfe
04-27-2008, 01:31 AM

Or make a movie like this:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gjFX_jJ0QMA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gjFX_jJ0QMA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Coach
04-27-2008, 01:38 AM

Heh. I'm talking about performance-wise on the field. Of course, that too. I do wish him a healthy life as well.

ChiefaRoo
04-27-2008, 01:40 AM
I am a diehard Bills fan however I live in New Orleans and follow LSU football religiously. While I am not a Saints fan I do generally root for them as long as they arent playing the Bills.

I have seen 90% of the LSU tiger games for the past 5-6 years and while I dont have to tell you the type of player you got, Dorsey is without a doubt the best defensive player in this draft. He has long been my favorite player I was thrilled he won a title before leaving. While hes a great all around player what seperates him is all the little things, his toughness, leadership, and sheer ability. Hes as hard a worker as they come and will never quit on you. That kid will anchor your line for the next decade easy.

What I love about Dorsey is he is simply a good kid. The type of guy you never have to worry about doing something stupid off the field, he does nothing but give back and is just an all around pleasant guy. Very mature and the type of guy you want on your squad. He is always doing charity work around here. I am truly happy he went to the Chiefs, ralph and lamar were great friends and I think part of me is happy to see the Chiefs get some of my Tigers. I am especially happy he will join his friend Bowe.

Id have died if he were a fin, jet or worst of all Patriot. Thank god.

I run a football sim league (think fantasy football times about a million....you run your own franchise) and both dorsey and albert are at the top of my board for our upcoming rookie draft so when I saw you guys got them both I was blown away.

At any rate I just wanted to congratulate you on your fantastic day, man you guys killed it.

I have a woody.

Silock
04-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Thanks Devin

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Np!

I am just thankful the Bills didnt do anything nutty today and grabbed two big time needs.

Hardy is exactly the compliment we needed to Evans.

noa
04-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Dude, Bills had a great day too. I thought they were going to reach for a WR in the first round, and they ended up getting a stud CB and a solid WR who is an instant red zone threat.
Good day for both of our teams.

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:53 AM
Agreed! I was high on DRC but certainly happy with McKelvin.

I was kind of hoping wed get a pass rusher, but either way as long as it was D I was happy. Hardy falling to us in the 2nd was awesome, I was convinced wed have to trade.

Valiant
04-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Or make a movie like this:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gjFX_jJ0QMA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gjFX_jJ0QMA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Holy shit that is hilarious..

"I could have played.."

bowener
04-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Devin, is your last name by chance, Hester???

Thanks for the nod to our team, appreciate it very much! good luck to your bills!

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 04:52 AM
What I love about Dorsey is he is simply a good kid.

Yep. Chiefs can, and should, build their defense around Dorsey.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Dorsey really does seem like the kind of personality a fanbase can really get behind, in addition to the whole "being a bad mother****er on the field."

I still can't believe we drafted Glenn Dorsey. Holy crap.

BigRock
04-27-2008, 06:11 AM
The best thing I've read about Dorsey is that he's a big time leader on defense, with one report somewhere calling him Ray Lewis like in that regard. Not that it'll show immediately while he's still a rookie, but the D has needed that kind of guy for years.

BONER

Morgus
04-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Another LSU fan here.

I'll give you another story about Dorsey. There's some rumor involved here but as it pertained to Dorsey several witnesses claimed this is what they saw. You may have heard of our intrepid QB Ryan Perrilloux who's had a hard time staying out of the papers for all the wrong reasons. In what seemed to be the potentially most serious incident at the time, before the Alabama game last year during a bye week, a lot of the team was at a Baton Rouge club to watch one of their teammates and his rap group perform. There was a verbal altercation of some kind between two LSU players (Perrilloux and a guy named Odom who was kicked off the team) and bouncers at the club that eventually made it's way into the parking lot. According to several sources, when Dorsey saw what was occurring and before things got out of hand, he interjected, grabbed Perrilloux and told him he needed to go home.

Dorsey's reputation is just about impeccable at LSU. He was never in trouble and apparently took an active role in steering younger players away from it. He never stops moving. You'll see him in the fourth quarter doing jumping jacks between plays and exhorting the crowd. Boundless energy. At any given moment, whether during the game in away form it, he seems to be having the time of his life. Within three years he'll be your leader on defense. Other players just naturally feed off of him.

DenverChief
04-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Another LSU fan here.

I'll give you another story about Dorsey. There's some rumor involved here but as it pertained to Dorsey several witnesses claimed this is what they saw. You may have heard of our intrepid QB Ryan Perrilloux who's had a hard time staying out of the papers for all the wrong reasons. In what seemed to be the potentially most serious incident at the time, before the Alabama game last year during a bye week, a lot of the team was at a Baton Rouge club to watch one of their teammates and his rap group perform. There was a verbal altercation of some kind between two LSU players (Perrilloux and a guy named Odom who was kicked off the team) and bouncers at the club that eventually made it's way into the parking lot. According to several sources, when Dorsey saw what was occurring and before things got out of hand, he interjected, grabbed Perrilloux and told him he needed to go home.

Dorsey's reputation is just about impeccable at LSU. He was never in trouble and apparently took an active role in steering younger players away from it. He never stops moving. You'll see him in the fourth quarter doing jumping jacks between plays and exhorting the crowd. Boundless energy. At any given moment, whether during the game in away form it, he seems to be having the time of his life. Within three years he'll be your leader on defense. Other players just naturally feed off of him.

this guy sounds like he is going to be an awesome Chief:)

CHIEF4EVER
04-27-2008, 07:56 AM
GREAT post Devin. Mega Repski.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2008, 07:58 AM
I still can't believe we drafted Glenn Dorsey. Holy crap.LMAO Me too. I woke up this morning, thinking, "Did we really draft him"? I'm still in shock.

eazyb81
04-27-2008, 07:59 AM
The best thing I've read about Dorsey is that he's a big time leader on defense, with one report somewhere calling him Ray Lewis like in that regard. Not that it'll show immediately while he's still a rookie, but the D has needed that kind of guy for years.

BONER

Yep, I've thought the same. We finally have our leader that will hold others responsible for their play on the field. This is awesome.

Hog Farmer
04-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Something is defenitely wrong here. We're not supposed to have a good draft. Somebody slap me!!!!

Fairplay
04-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the encouraging thoughts about Dorsey.

It bodes well with us fans. We need support in our time of need.

A gentle reminder that what we are doing is right, kind of like a pat on the back saying way to go, now go kick ass in the rest of the rounds.

MTG#10
04-27-2008, 08:14 AM
I hope Devin is as right about Dorsey as the Jets fans were about Herm. :)

Mr. Arrowhead
04-27-2008, 08:54 AM
sounds like dorsey is the exact opposite of Ryan sims

MTG#10
04-27-2008, 08:58 AM
sounds like dorsey is the exact opposite of Ryan sims
Yep. Glenn Dorsey is bizarro world Ryan Sims.

Buehler445
04-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Rep to Devin and Morgus. You guys should continue to post here.

Thanks for the kind words about our big man. Hopefully he can continue his success in the NFL.

Bwana
04-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Wow, great reads. It sounds like this guy is going to be a team leader fast and that is something this team has needed for years.

Fat Elvis
04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Something is defenitely wrong here. We're not supposed to have a good draft. Somebody slap me!!!!

See round 3....

OmahaChief
04-27-2008, 10:11 AM
See round 3....

We are getting huge value in round three where we have needs. TG can only play so long, LJ seems like he would rather do anything that is not football and is coming off injury and neither of our safteys set the world on fire last year.

I like all these picks and think they fill needs. The most questionable to me was the RB pick when we have SMith that looked capable.

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks, Devin. Great post! We appreciate your insights and good wishes.
:thumb:
KCJ
:arrow: