PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Carl Nixs should be our first pick today

BigRedChief
04-27-2008, 07:27 AM
We could have a respectable OL that could develop into a "real" NFL OL.

LT - Albert
LG - Waters
C - Niswinger
RG - Nixs
RT - Mcintosh

Douche Baggins
04-27-2008, 07:30 AM
RG, not LG.

But, yes. Best run blocker in this year's draft.

Douche Baggins
04-27-2008, 07:32 AM
6-5 343

Blessed with surprising quickness off the snap for such a large man, Nicks was effective as both a pass and run blocker for the Huskers. Rather than rely on his size and strength, Nicks' balance and overall athleticism were key in his ability to protect the quarterback's blindside in this offense. He may lack the elite footwork to remain on the left side at the NFL, but his girth and strength make him a natural candidate for the right side.

Positives: Massive. ... Despite his weight, Nicks doesn't have a sloppy build, but instead his weight is distributed throughout his body. ... Long arms and big hands. ... Surprising quickness off the snap. ... Explosive strength evident both in his pass and run blocking. ... Devastating upper body strength and has the big hands and long arms to latch onto the defender and control him. ... Good quickness for the reach block and can turn and seal the edge. ... Surprising quickness to get to the second level. ... Good balance in his kick-slide. ... Uses his hands well to control the defender and keeps his feet moving to remain squarely in front of the pass rusher. ... Remains on the balls of his feet and is rarely out of position.

Negatives: Has only played left tackle one season, and despite his success there in 2007 there are concerns Nicks lacks the foot quickness to handle the NFL's speed rushers. ... Only one season as a starter at the D-I level. ... Surprising agility to get to the second level, but struggles to engage second-level defenders. ... Can dominate pass rushers when he gets his hands on them, but struggles to re-engage if his initial hand punch misses. ... Potential for weight to get out of control has to be a concern.

milkman
04-27-2008, 07:34 AM
McIntosh is not a RT.

Douche Baggins
04-27-2008, 07:35 AM
McIntosh is not a RT.

He's gotta play somewhere. Better at RT than RG.

BigRedChief
04-27-2008, 07:35 AM
ROFL Yep, we have to have him play somewhere.

milkman
04-27-2008, 07:37 AM

No he doesn't.

Fact is, the last thing you LJ lovers ever want to see is McIntosh at RT, or guard.

Douche Baggins
In a perfect world we take Nicks and someone like Eric Young or Roy Scheuning (who I love, BTW. Blue collar big nasty) today. Then we can phase out McIntosh.

wazu
I definitely agree we need a guard in round 3. I don't really have a feel for which one is best, but this guy sounds pretty decent.

Stewie
04-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Why wouldn't he be our RT? He's projected to be a very capable RT in the pros.

Douche Baggins
04-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Why wouldn't he be our RT? He's projected to be a very capable RT in the pros.

He could be, but then we'd need a RG.

I'd rather have Mac at a tackle spot than guard.

doomy3
04-27-2008, 07:44 AM
McIntosh is not a RT.

This is why I think we will probably start with Albert at either RG or RT and then move him after this year...

evolve27
04-27-2008, 07:44 AM
I hope Nicks is there with 1st pick. We have to take him.

58-4ever
04-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Another Husker, Will Shields, worked out pretty well as a 3rd round pick!

BCD
04-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Who is Carl Nixs? LMAO

Stewie
04-27-2008, 07:49 AM
I hope Nicks is there with 1st pick. We have to take him.

He should be, but NE picks ahead of us and could nab him. They have need at OL.

Available OL that are highly rated:

Anthony Collins OT
Oniel Cousins OG
Jeremy Zuttah OT
Carl Nicks OT

milkman
04-27-2008, 07:51 AM
This is why I think we will probably start with Albert at either RG or RT and then move him after this year...

I've been saying this all over the board.

McIntosh is not a downhill blocker, and he's a glass vagina.

His only spot on the line is at LT, and Branden Albert will be the starter there from day one.

He's more athletic and has better feet.

I'm calling it again.

Herb Taylor will win a battle to be the starter at RT with McGinatosh.

The Chiefs will draft a guard today (Jeremy Zuttah, Eric Young) who will be starting at RG, ahead of McGinatosh.

McGinatosh will be the b/u to Albert, or will be cut.

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Nope, pass. Doesn't fit the profile at all.

Go with Zuttah if you have to focus on OL.

eazyb81
04-27-2008, 07:55 AM
In a perfect world we take Nicks and someone like Eric Young or Roy Scheuning (who I love, BTW. Blue collar big nasty) today. Then we can phase out McIntosh.

Nice call on Young, he's been underrated by most gurus. He had to play out of position this past season due to injuries on UT's line, but at OG he could be nasty.

tomahawk kid
04-27-2008, 08:02 AM
I'd like to see us grab a center here in very short order as well.

MTG#10
04-27-2008, 08:38 AM
6'5", 343 lbs? He may be better at RT than guard.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 09:14 AM
There is still plenty of O-Line talent available. This draft is DEEP on the line. Rinehart and Keith from UNI are both still available and are monsters.

BigRedChief
04-27-2008, 09:20 AM
There is still plenty of O-Line talent available. This draft is DEEP on the line. Rinehart and Keith from UNI are both still available and are monsters.
We have to get our back ups done first.ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Ok, Rinehart just went in the bottom of the 3rd.

milkman
04-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Nicks is still sitting there.

Taking him at the top of the 3rd would have bee a reach.

SNR
04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Man, if we grab Nicks in the 4th round... damn

Don417
04-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Man, if we grab Nicks in the 4th round... damn

Oops. Whiffed again. Franklin? Is that for the homers?

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Some of you guys just don't understand how the draft works.

You look at a legit first-round talent like Manningham at the bottom of round THREE. Why in the world would a marginal guy like Nicks be such a great pick a few slots after Manningham?

He'll probably be there in the fith. And we'll probably pass, just like every other team. Have you seen some of these no-name OL that are being taken?

Don417
04-27-2008, 10:52 AM
I understand Carl cant draft to save his life. I also understand, Day 2 has been a complete disaster.:cuss: