PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Buccaneers Fans hate their 1st round pick.

Al Bundy
04-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Probably 70% of the Bucs fans posting on the message boards hate Aqib Talib. I find myself in an interesting position, I am actually having to defend Jon Gruden. Anyway, some of the KU fans give me your take on Talib?

xbarretx
04-27-2008, 07:34 AM
i think its a good pick b/c KC didnt have to worry about pickng him up or not ;)

as for the fans they are probably mad he didnt go offense :shrug:

Bowser
04-27-2008, 07:42 AM
I think he'll be a real player in Kiffin's Cover 2.

KC Jones
04-27-2008, 07:49 AM
The kid's a very athletic sure tackler - I think he'll make a very solid CB for that cover 2. He does a good job reading the QB - but probably peeks too much. He'll take some lumps this next year or two and if the fans already hate him it sounds like they won't have much patience for that.

Buehler445
04-27-2008, 08:13 AM
My opinion prior to the draft was he looks to much for the big play instead of the correct play. He would bite too hard on the play fake and rely on his atletic ability to make up for the breakdown in technique.

That being said, he was the star of the KU defense. He made a butt load of tremendous plays for them. In the OKState game, he shut down their bigtime receiver (I think it was Bowman, but I can't remember). He has got a tremendous amount of atheletic ability. If Gruden's coaches can get his fundementals down, he'll be good. If not, look for some mistakes.

Spott
04-27-2008, 09:05 AM
They are just pissed because living down there, they have no idea that there are actually good college players that exist outside of the state of Florida or the SEC.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-27-2008, 09:18 AM
he'll be a bust. I bet he'll be out of the league within 5 years.

markk
04-27-2008, 09:25 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

keep in mind Nelson ran a 4.51

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't like the pick either. MU's receivers torched him repeatedly.

MyChiefConcern
04-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Hilarious responses from the KSU and MU crowd.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Hilarious responses from the KSU and MU crowd.Tell me where I'm incorrect. MU abused Talib and that allowed them to build the large lead.

markk
04-27-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2008/wwhi040808.htm

that's all, really, i think he's a decent player, seems to be a good tackler and might work in a cover 2... but i wouldn't have spent a #1 on him.. or anybody with character concerns in this era of the nfl...

MyChiefConcern
04-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Tell me where I'm incorrect. MU abused Talib and that allowed them to build the large lead.

Please. It wasn't Talib MU torched that day.

Not that I really expect you to admit that.

kstater
04-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Tell me where I'm incorrect. MU abused Talib and that allowed them to build the large lead.

Nelson took him to town as well.

MyChiefConcern
04-27-2008, 09:42 AM

No elite corner in the history of college football had ever been smoked by an NFL receiver, prior to that play.

Shit just didn't happen. Aqib set a shameful precedent.

Frazod
04-27-2008, 09:43 AM

He was great against Baylor, though. :whackit:

I was really hoping he'd end up in Denver. Overrated piece of shit.

kstater
04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Just look at that speed.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MyChiefConcern
04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Hilariously predictable. Kid plays at Kansas, he must suck. Oh, he's being touted by the analysts? He's clearly overrated.

Where'd Martin Rucker end up, Tiger fans?

MyChiefConcern
04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Just look at that speed.

Cling to that single play, friend. It's all you've got.

Stewie
04-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Yeah, you'd think Jordy Nelson was the first round pick rather than a huge reach by GB.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Where'd Martin Rucker end up, Tiger fans?I didn't realize it was a contest. Congrats, I guess. What does Rucker have to do with the Bucs' draft? I get the whole obsession thing, but this is just silly.

markk
04-27-2008, 09:55 AM
go look up his intereception against fiu... a poorly chosen pass that's way overthrown falls into his hands and he returns it 99 yards for a td. mangino calls it the best play he's ever seen. but what did he really do there?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Talib often wasn't even the first player to reach the offensive player, a lot of times he was just helping out.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-27-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqfbAksg_k

HC_Chief
04-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Talib is a solid corner who tends to go for the big play. Because of this he can get burned from time to time. He will also make big plays for the defense.

He has decent size/speed. He is a playmaker. Solid pick.

Next player from KU should be Anthony Collins - I'd like to see KC pick him up.

Sure-Oz
04-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Talib's nose should bat down passes

Demonpenz
04-27-2008, 10:42 AM
I wasn't high on talib because he didn't wow me with his athlete skills. He reminds me of a ty law kind of player. Ty law is probably a hall a famer

Sure-Oz
04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I wasn't high on talib because he didn't wow me with his athlete skills. He reminds me of a ty law kind of player. Ty law is probably a hall a famer

Reminds me of a ty law post lysc franc :p

alanm
04-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Hilarious responses from the KSU and MU crowd.
Purify from Nebraska torched him for 3 TD's too. :D

markk
04-27-2008, 10:52 AM

the ty law of the chiefs and not early in his career or at michigan

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Purify from Nebraska torched him for 3 TD's too. :DLMAO

StcChief
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Tampa is a D team.... no surprise

Ari Chi3fs
04-27-2008, 11:06 AM
There is pretty high quality weed in Tampa... I think he will be alright, and will easily score some.

ChiefaRoo
04-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Hilariously predictable. Kid plays at Kansas, he must suck. Oh, he's being touted by the analysts? He's clearly overrated.

Not only does he suck because he's from KU he's soft as well. Let's get it straight guys. :)

Thig Lyfe
04-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Talib is going to be pretty good at whatever position he ends up, be it CB, S or WR.

Tactical Funky
04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I have to admit, the arguments from the KSU and MU fans in this thread are quite hilarious, especially based on two games where Talib was beaten a couple of times by very good players. Sure, Nelson torched him, but Purify simply had position on him on two great throws that were practically impossible to defend.

You have to look at a player's overall body of work. Talib is a solid player that anchored a very good defense. I think he'll do well in the NFL. How well? I can't say - that's up to Talib.

NUMBER7
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
he'll be a bust. I bet he'll be out of the league within 5 years.

Now there is a non-biased opinion...from the "Little Apple," Jealous are we?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I have to admit, the arguments from the KSU and MU fans in this thread are quite hilarious, especially based on two games where Talib was beaten a couple of times by very good players. Sure, Nelson torched him, but Purify simply had position on him on two great throws that were practically impossible to defend.

You have to look at a player's overall body of work. Talib is a solid player that anchored a very good defense. I think he'll do well in the NFL. How well? I can't say - that's up to Talib.

except if you consider that most NFL players were just those "very good players" in college....so given that record, Talib should be pretty mediocre.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Now there is a non-biased opinion...from the "Little Apple," Jealous are we?

if I'm biased being a KSU fan, what does that make you, homer?

Mr. Laz
04-27-2008, 03:49 PM
i think he's destined to be a safety

(from a KU fan)

Tactical Funky
04-27-2008, 03:51 PM
except if you consider that most NFL players were just those "very good players" in college....so given that record, Talib should be pretty mediocre.
Hey, I won't blame you for having a myopic view since you're a fan of an opposing team, but Talib is most certainly talented and has the tools to be successful in the NFL. Will he improve with experience? Most likely. Will he have a good career? I think so.

Don't sell the kid short because he got burned a few times. He also did well against some NFL-caliber receivers. Overall, he had a great career at KU and I believe he can carry it over to the pro level.

WilliamTheIrish
04-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Talib is a solid corner who tends to go for the big play. Because of this he can get burned from time to time. He will also make big plays for the defense.

He has decent size/speed. He is a playmaker. Solid pick.

Exactly.

Because of great DLine play, Talib could peek in the backfield and get away with it. Often, the opposing QB was running for his life and unable to make a throw. He knocked Adarius Bowman out of the game in Stillwater so he can be physical.

Monty Kiffen can coach him away from taking that peek.

Al Bundy
04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
I didnt want this to turn into an MU/KU/KSU thing. I know he got burned by Jordy Nelson, everyone who is against the pick has brought that play up. I myself believe he will THRIVE in the cover 2 and when the Bucs come to KC, he will get himself a pick 6.

beer bacon
04-27-2008, 04:21 PM
SEC Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 04:23 PM
I didnt want this to turn into an MU/KU/KSU thing. I know he got burned by Jordy Nelson, everyone who is against the pick has brought that play up. I myself believe he will THRIVE in the cover 2 and when the Bucs come to KC, he will get himself a pick 6.Welcome to Chiefsplanet. New here? :D

kepp
04-27-2008, 05:07 PM

He ended up in the endzone when he played KU.

But as for the Buc's pick - he'll be a good cover 2 corner IF he has some good safeties backing him up.