PDA

View Full Version : Poop 6 picks...and only 1 head scratcher

the Talking Can
04-27-2008, 09:18 AM
people aren't thrilled with Cottam....fine, there were other options there

but the other 5 picks are solid BAA and all will contribute in some fashion immediately...

that's much better ratio than we were expecting.....the least pain-inducing 6 picks in Chiefs history...great great VALUE

This is what "sticking to your board" looks like, and how you avoid Bartees, Siaviis, and Wilsons:

Round 1, Pick 5 (5) Glenn Dorsey DT 6'2" 316 LSU
Pick Analysis: Dorsey's dominance should go a long way toward helping Kansas City rebuild its defense. He should command double-teams and the Chiefs become better up the middle instantly. There were some concerns about problems with Dorsey's tibia stress fracture, which may have been the reason he was still on the board at this point. His best traits are outstanding agility and a great motor.

Round 1, Pick 15 (15) (From Lions) Branden Albert OG 6'6" 309 Virginia
Pick Analysis:Albert has the versatility to play guard or tackle in the NFL. He finishes blocks down the field and in space. He started 37 games (35 games at left guard, two at left tackle) for Virginia over three years. Has great overall athletic ability for a big man and could develop into the best offensive lineman in the draft.

Round 2, Pick 4 (35) Brandon Flowers CB 5'10" 189 Virginia Tech
Pick Analysis:With better speed, Flowers would have been a much higher pick. He plays the game faster than his timed speed indicates (4.55). Best traits are good instincts and physical play.

Round 3, Pick 10 (73) (From Broncos through Vikings) Jamaal Charles RB 5'11" 200 Texas
Pick Analysis:The Chiefs take a guy that is likely the best player on their board right now in Charles. He likely fell to the third round due to his lack of strength, but when it comes to speed, he's a break-away back. His playmaking ability makes him a potential situational player that can also catch the ball.

Round 3, Pick 13 (76) (From Lions) Brad Cottam TE 6'8" 270 Tennessee
Pick Analysis:Cottam's problem was the fact that he only started 10 games in five years at Tennessee. He has very impressive size and skills for a tight end to go with speed in the 4.6's. The Chiefs may be looking for a future starter with Tony Gonzalez nearing the end of his career.

Round 3, Pick 19 (82) (From Vikings) DaJuan Morgan S 6'0" 205 North Carolina State
Pick Analysis:Morgan was a one-year starter and raw, but has good athletic ability and potential. He is the type of player who can get better in the pros with good coaching, because of his measurables and potential to develop. He is an excellent special teams player who originally made his mark in the kicking game.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-team|team-kc

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Yep. I don't even class Cottam as a head-scratcher ... just a guy fans are bound to not be thrilled with. Definitely good value. Charles was insane value and Morgan was a steal.

:rockon:

WilliamTheIrish
04-27-2008, 09:21 AM
You obviously haven't pegged your fan draft meter to the "Hair-on-fire" setting.

oaklandhater
04-27-2008, 09:22 AM
geting Charles was azsome Cottam was ok but I hate the Morgan pick in almost every way I look at it.

wazu
04-27-2008, 09:24 AM
I actually think the RB is more of a head-scratcher than the TE. We didn't need a 3rd RB in round 3. There was still plenty of talent at WR. I also think we need a guard soon.

Count Zarth
we need NICKS

tk13
And at least the "head-scratcher" was a guy everyone thinks has tremendous potential. You can't go off potential but at least it wasn't one of those WTF picks that seems to have no redeeming value. You at least know what the front office is thinking with the pick.

jjchieffan
04-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I disagree. I am scratching my head right now. Not that the picks were all that bad, but we went into this draft hoping for 5-6 starters. We did not get one from 3 picks in round 3. Doucet would have started day 1. Nicks would have started. Justin King would have been Surtains replacement. Instead we take RB, TE and S. Guaranteed no starters there.

milkman
04-27-2008, 09:26 AM
One has to think that these picks tell (most of) us that, not only are the Chiefs sticking to their board, they also have higher hopes for guys like Herb Taylor and Rudy Niswanger than the average fan.

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 09:26 AM
I disagree. I am scratching my head right now. Not that the picks were all that bad, but we went into this draft hoping for 5-6 starters. We did not get one from 3 picks in round 3. Doucet would have started day 1. Nicks would have started. Justin King would have been Surtains replacement. Instead we take RB, TE and S. Guaranteed no starters there.

S will start

eazyb81
04-27-2008, 09:27 AM
This isn't just the best draft this year, it's a candidate for the best overall draft of the last 10 years.

Truly amazing work.

boogblaster
04-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Maybe a head scratcher but hopefully it will send that frickin Dunn packin ...

milkman
04-27-2008, 09:28 AM

Morgan will be a starter.

Pollard either rides the pine, or, my guess, they try to convert him to LB.

xbarretx
04-27-2008, 09:28 AM

your killinf us with your dam negativity .. j/k :p

ANTIFREEZE

Marco Polo
04-27-2008, 09:29 AM

I thought Dunn was already gone?

milkman
You also have to think that Cottam will see the field alot in Gailey's two TE sets.

morphius
they already did that, which is why we needed to take a TE this early again...

markk
04-27-2008, 09:30 AM
with jason dunn and kris wilson gone, you can see us needing another TE. i'm fine with it. just stick to the plan.

irishjayhawk
This isn't just the best draft this year, it's a candidate for the best overall draft of the last 10 years.

Truly amazing work.

On Paper.

I mean the Giants had a hell of a draft last year. All 7 played. And most in the post season and Superbowl. That would be a draft class that produced.

Huffman83
Upon doing my homework on Jamaal Charles RB, strength is a main concern. For his size you would think he would run over people but it's said he has excellent speed and cut-back ability. He's also got kick return ability.

Another negative I found is he puts the ball on the ground too much. And that opinion was universal from what I heard on NFL network and Pro-football weekly's draft guide.

However the TE pick is my wft? He's huge....but it's looking like a Michael Allen #2, only more expensive. If the Chiefs picked up a blocking TE fine...but all I'm finding is receiving TE info.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I hate the Morgan pick in almost every way I look at it.ROFL How do you hate this pick?

Spott
04-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I thought Dunn was already gone?

IIRC, we was released at the end of February when free agency started.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2008, 09:33 AM
I disagree. I am scratching my head right now. Not that the picks were all that bad, but we went into this draft hoping for 5-6 starters. We did not get one from 3 picks in round 3. Doucet would have started day 1. Nicks would have started. Justin King would have been Surtains replacement. Instead we take RB, TE and S. Guaranteed no starters there.Morgan, possibly.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Which two picks were from the Vikings?

jjchieffan
04-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Obviously, I am one of the BPA, based on need crowd. I do like the players picked, don't get me wrong. I just feel that they will have less impact on the team due to their position. I mean, we have lots of need, but our strongest positions are RB and TE on offense, and safety isn't in nearly as bad of shape as most other positions. We could have gotten just as good of value at WR, CB, and OL and helped the rebuild process at the same time.

Bwana
04-27-2008, 09:37 AM
The NFL Network still claims we have had the best picks in the draft so far and loves ALL the picks.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Obviously, I am one of the BPA, based on need crowd. I do like the players picked, don't get me wrong. I just feel that they will have less impact on the team due to their position. I mean, we have lots of need, but our strongest positions are RB and TE on offense, and safety isn't in nearly as bad of shape as most other positions. We could have gotten just as good of value at WR, CB, and OL and helped the rebuild process at the same time.

I agree, I don't like the third round (although I can live with the S).

boogblaster
04-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't know ... hopefully you're right ...

GoHuge
04-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I hope our next pick is on the O-Line. One more solid guy would have me feeling pretty good. That or a reciever.

buddha
04-27-2008, 09:39 AM
The TE is the only WTF moment so far. The Chiefs must be looking for the big thug TE to fill JD's old role. Fine. That guy is there much later, IMO. There are other needs and it's the 3rd round. However, it could work out...who knows? Jamal Charles is a star running back. The guy can flat out fly. No, he is not a power runner, but he is screaming fast and it's been ages since we've had a back THIS fast.

jjchieffan
04-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Tell me this. From the Jared Allen trade, are you satisfied with a Starting tackle, backup TE, and a potential starting safety instead of 2 starting tackles and a starting wide reciever?

Bwana
04-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Tell me this. From the Jared Allen trade, are you satisfied with a Starting tackle, backup TE, and a potential starting safety instead of 2 starting tackles and a starting wide reciever?

Only time will answer that question. It will take more than this years draft to rebuild this team as well.

irishjayhawk
04-27-2008, 09:43 AM

How do you figure?

boogblaster
04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Allen wanted to leave .. so go with what we got dealt .. I think if we pick up a WR and get some FA help at OL and WR we'll be better this year ...

Chiefnj2
04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
How do you figure?

Weren't those the Viking picks?

To me, for now, I would have rather kept the all Pro defensive end.

irishjayhawk
04-27-2008, 09:48 AM

I didn't get the 2 starting tackles and 1 starting receiver line.

the Talking Can
04-27-2008, 09:48 AM

i'm happy the Chiefs stuck to their board....we don't have to draft for next year...we are - thankfully - just taking the best players we can get....

markk
04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
what is more accurate is, are you happy with Albert, who will likely be a long term starter on the offensive line, and Flowers, who was a steal and first half of the first talent except for his 40 time at the combine... they wouldn't have been able to pick flowers without having had the middle of the first pick to use on the offensive line

jjchieffan
04-27-2008, 09:54 AM
I didn't get the 2 starting tackles and 1 starting receiver line.

I was saying we could have had Albert, Doucet, and Nicks.

the Talking Can
04-27-2008, 09:56 AM

people are so determined to be unhappy

you can't evaluate the picks in isolation....the trade caused a ripple effect allowing us to draft BAA instead of reach

if we keep Allen then we probably trade down in the 1st for an OL, missing on Dorsey...or Albert...all 3 thirds are picks for the future, even though 2 of them will play right away, imo...value over the long term will pay off

plus we have 30 mill in cap space to spend in the coming years...

siberian khatru
04-27-2008, 09:57 AM
value over the long term will pay off

Learn it.

Know it.

Live it.

blueballs
04-27-2008, 10:34 AM
We need a trampoline champion
for the 2nd day win

Chiefnj2
04-27-2008, 10:35 AM
people are so determined to be unhappy

you can't evaluate the picks in isolation....the trade caused a ripple effect allowing us to draft BAA instead of reach

if we keep Allen then we probably trade down in the 1st for an OL, missing on Dorsey...or Albert...all 3 thirds are picks for the future, even though 2 of them will play right away, imo...value over the long term will pay off

plus we have 30 mill in cap space to spend in the coming years...

There is no basis to say that if we kept Allen KC trades down and misses on the best defensive prospect in the draft. The DL could have been great with Tamba, Tyler/Boone, Dorsey and Allen.

Day 2 of the draft is completely underwhelming.

Coach
04-27-2008, 10:48 AM
One has to think that these picks tell (most of) us that, not only are the Chiefs sticking to their board, they also have higher hopes for guys like Herb Taylor and Rudy Niswanger than the average fan.

Good point. I still would like to spend a 6th or a 7th on a O-line for depth. If we're rebuilding, we might as well rebuild the whole line while we still can, at least for this year.

markk
04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
whatever. i think people were either going to be pissed about the picks or just be pissed they don't have something to bitch about. we are chiefs fans so we have forgotten what it's like to be happy. the unknown frightens us

ChiTown
04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Day 2 of the draft is completely underwhelming.

Sweet Jesus - beyond Day 1, you, me and just about everyone else on this bb have NO freaking idea how underwhelming or overwhelming these picks will be for a while. Relax

Wilson8
04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
The Chiefs really have not reached on any of these second day picks. I’ve looked at several rating services and they had all four rated 2nd or 3rd round selections.

Great Blue North Draft Report had Jamaal Charles rated as the highest rated pick going into day two. Walter’s Football said he would normally be a 2nd round pick, but this year with all of the junior running backs coming out it, dropped him into the 3rd round. As others have said you can never have enough running backs. Jamaal was just too much value to pass on.

With Jason Dunn and Kris Wilson, both gone, it was logical for KC to look at tight ends. Much like Jamaal Charles, Brad Cottam at 6’8” 270 lbs and 4.6 forty time, was too tempting to pass on. He has the ability to catch the ball as-well-as block for our runners.

DaJuan Morgan was also a value pick. Mike Mayock had Morgan rated as the 2nd best free safety in the draft. With Greg Wesley wanting to be traded or released, it makes sense for the Chiefs to try and address that position. He is a good football player that can start for the Chiefs. It is always good to have competition at positions and this makes Kansas City better at the safety position.

Will Franklin from Missouri was rated as a 3rd round pick (we got him in the 4th). His size and speed will allow him to compete with Davard Darling and Jeff Webb for a starting position with KC.

Now my concerns…we still have so many holes to fill at defensive end and offensive line. I was also hoping to use some of the later round pick for selections like kicker, extra cornerback, linebacker, and fullback. Instead we almost have to use them for offensive line and defensive end. At 3rd and 4th round a team can still pick up some good value at the offensive line position. Our normal late round offensive linemen picks have not been that helpful.

Bwana
04-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Sweet Jesus - beyond Day 1, you, me and just about everyone else on this bb have NO freaking idea how underwhelming or overwhelming these picks will be for a while. Relax

QFT

After the first day, it's a crap shoot. Let these guys show up in camp and lets see what we have. :thumb:

markk
04-27-2008, 11:06 AM
if you are a starving man in africa with a starving family back at your home, do you walk up to the food aid truck and pick over everything trying to come up with meal plans? f*ck no you grab all food you carry and sort it out later. once you are not dying of malnourishment you can worry about what wine goes with tilapia

Chiefnj2
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM

I didn't realize it was Homers Only Sunday. Yay, they are all great picks, can I join the club now?

ChiTown
04-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I didn't realize it was Homers Only Sunday. Yay, they are all great picks, can I join the club now?

You are already in the biggest fkn club on this bb. The knee-jerk, uninformed, know-it-all clan. Congrats!

NaptownChief
04-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Hard not to like the guys they have picked. Assuming they know best on the positions of need and I were to stay with the same positions in the same rounds the only thing I would have probably done different is take Tom Zibikowski over Morgan but Morgan seems like a solid pick based on what I have read.

Franklin is a great size/speed combo but I never like skilled position players that have great size/speed combinations and can't translate it to dominate performance at the college level. If you can't dominate at the college level being one of the biggest and fastest guys on the field than that usually tells me you don't have the football intagibles to play at the NFL level. It is very rare that a player with great measurables but didn't perform at a really high level in college that goes on to be a really good NFL player.

Sure-Oz
04-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Hard not to like the guys they have picked. Assuming they know best on the positions of need and I were to stay with the same positions in the same rounds the only thing I would have probably done different is take Tom Zibikowski over Morgan but Morgan seems like a solid pick based on what I have read.

Franklin is a great size/speed combo but I never like skilled position players that have great size/speed combinations and can't translate it to dominate performance at the college level. If you can't dominate at the college level being one of the biggest and fastest guys on the field than that usually tells me you don't have the football intagibles to play at the NFL level. It is very rare that a player with great measurables but didn't perform at a really high level in college that goes on to be a really good NFL player.

Daniel also had 5 other targets and it was a spread offense, possibly why he didnt have more yardage

Rausch
04-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Learn it.

Know it.

Live it.

And there aren't a lot of projects either. These were guys that for the most part where valued where we picked them and all of them have the chance to start or improve the depth at their positions.

We took value over need more in the 3rd but we got good value. And I ecstatic we waited until the 3rd to draft our annual safety...:clap:

Coach
04-27-2008, 11:23 AM

Whoever the team grabbed Zibikowski, reached, IMHO. Morgan > Zibikowski.

Micjones
04-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Upon doing my homework on Jamaal Charles RB, strength is a main concern. For his size you would think he would run over people but it's said he has excellent speed and cut-back ability. He's also got kick return ability.

Sounds a lot like McFadden.

NaptownChief
04-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Whoever the team grabbed Zibikowski, reached, IMHO. Morgan > Zibikowski.

We will see...But I bet Zibs does quite well for himself. Why do you say he is a reach in the 3rd round?

Because he is a white guy playing a DB position I'm sure the typical bias is to assume he isn't a good athlete but that is far from the truth.

NaptownChief
04-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Daniel also had 5 other targets and it was a spread offense, possibly why he didnt have more yardage

IU runs a spread offense and probably the deepest talent on the team was at WR and yet it didn't stop James Hardy from dominating and posting big numbers. That is what a big kid with great speed should do at the college level. I only watched parts of two games this year with Mizzou so I can't speak much to their situation but history has told me that true NFL talent at the WR position usually dominates at the college level....to that point there are a lot of college WR's that dominate at the college level that don't even come close to having NFL talent.

Just going off experience I'm guessing this was nothing more than getting caught up in the size/speed measurements and overlooking football shortcomings but I certainly could be wrong.

markk
04-27-2008, 11:41 AM
IU runs a spread offense and probably the deepest talent on the team was at WR and yet it didn't stop James Hardy from dominating and posting big numbers. That is what a big kid with great speed should do at the college level. I only watched parts of two games this year with Mizzou so I can't speak much to their situation but history has told me that true NFL talent at the WR position usually dominates at the college level....to that point there are a lot of college WR's that dominate at the college level that don't even come close to having NFL talent.

Just going off experience I'm guessing this was nothing more than getting caught up in the size/speed measurements and overlooking football shortcomings but I certainly could be wrong.

The had at least 4 guys in the passing offense who are true nfl talent.

Coach
04-27-2008, 11:45 AM
We will see...But I bet Zibs does quite well for himself. Why do you say he is a reach in the 3rd round?

Because he is a white guy playing a DB position I'm sure the typical bias is to assume he isn't a good athlete but that is far from the truth.

No, not becuase of what you mentioned. I just think his value is better in 4th than 3rd.

Either way, I'm glad that the Chiefs got Morgan over Zibs. I think Morgan is the perfect S for the Cover 2 defense.

NaptownChief
04-27-2008, 11:48 AM
The had at least 4 guys in the passing offense who are true nfl talent.

So are you going on record as saying he is a really good pick in the 4th? I never watched him and really don't have an opinion other than his numbers are very underwhelming on the field and just know from experience that very few who put up modest numbers in college(except for injury reasons)rarely find something when the competition gets much tougher. Flordia, Miami, Ohio State, Tennessee type programs generally have 3 or 4 WR's on their team each year with NFL caliber talent yet the really good ones rise up above the pack and post high quality numbers.

markk
04-27-2008, 11:50 AM
i said he is good value in the 4th round and your characterization of him as someone who wasn't even good on his team in d1 is not accurate.

NaptownChief
04-27-2008, 11:54 AM
No, not becuase of what you mentioned. I just think his value is better in 4th than 3rd.

Either way, I'm glad that the Chiefs got Morgan over Zibs. I think Morgan is the perfect S for the Cover 2 defense.

A guy going in the later part of the 3rd round that you think is a 4th round talent isn't enough of a difference to call a "reach" IMO. A reach is taking a guy 10 or more spots too early at the top of the first round but when talking about the middle rounds taking a guy a couple rounds too early would be required to call a guy a reach in my book not 9 or 10 spots.

NaptownChief
04-27-2008, 11:56 AM
i said he is good value in the 4th round and your characterization of him as someone who wasn't even good on his team in d1 is not accurate.

Where did I say he wasn't even good on his team? I stated that he clearly didn't dominate at the college level which is what most legitimate NFL WR's do.

siberian khatru
04-27-2008, 11:57 AM
If Cottam is a head scratcher, than Carr is a ball scratcher.

Gravedigger
04-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Where the **** are the offensive linemen? Srsly this is starting to not address our key problems at all!

NaptownChief
04-27-2008, 12:01 PM

I liked the Cottam pick. I watched the TE's workout during the combine and he was extremely impressive. Big SOB with skills more in line with a 6'2" type of pass catcher rather than a 6'7" giant.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 12:24 PM
The nice thing this year is that it took until the 3rd round for most people to even remotely question a pick. I didn't wake up until about noon, and my initial reaction when I saw the names on ESPN's scroll was WTF? but once I read up on these guys, it's not bad, although I'm still wondering why they took the TE so high, especially with Doucet on the board. But taking flyers like that don't really bother me when we're talking about a 3rd round pick in a year where we have 3.

the Talking Can
04-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Where the **** are the offensive linemen? Srsly this is starting to not address our key problems at all!

take a left, walk 5 miles to the city dump, look for the porta-potty with the star wars stickers on it....knock three times, say "we should trade down for OL" and you will be admitted to the WPI forum....

you'll feel at home there

Chief Faithful
04-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I was super excited about the Cottam pick. Before the draft I saw Cottam as the perfect replacement for Jason Dunn. Everyone knows how important Dunn was for the running game and Cottam was the only TE in the draft with the size, skill, and aggressiveness to fully fill the position.

I see Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, and Cottam as starters from this draft. The rest I see as special teams contributors for next year.

I'm also interested in what people think of the Franklin pick. He sure fits Herm's profile for WR, tall and fast.

NaptownChief
04-27-2008, 12:32 PM
The nice thing this year is that it took until the 3rd round for most people to even remotely question a pick. I didn't wake up until about noon, and my initial reaction when I saw the names on ESPN's scroll was WTF? but once I read up on these guys, it's not bad, although I'm still wondering why they took the TE so high, especially with Doucet on the board. But taking flyers like that don't really bother me when we're talking about a 3rd round pick in a year where we have 3.

I liked the Cottam pick and when they passed on Doucett at that point made me think they feel better about the WR's they have than I do...however when they turned around and took Frankilin in the 4th made me realize that may not be the case and taking Doucett would have been a good move in my book.

Chief Faithful
04-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Cottam is the perfect pick for two tight end sets replacing Dunn. He should have gone in the second round except for a slow 40 time at the combine. Cottam is considered to be the most complete TE in the draft mostly because he is a good blocker.

The Chiefs are fortunate he was available at that pick and he should provide immediate help in the running game.

siberian khatru
04-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Cottam is the perfect pick for two tight end sets replacing Dunn. He should have gone in the second round except for a slow 40 time at the combine. Cottam is considered to be the most complete TE in the draft mostly because he is a good blocker.

The Chiefs are fortunate he was available at that pick and he should provide immediate help in the running game.

I'm not disputing the pick. My comment was directed to the thread starter, simple as that. It was a joke.

TEX
04-27-2008, 12:51 PM

Exactly. Honestly, I don't know if it's good or bad. I mean last year they thought we'd be "ok" at OL, when most saw the situation as a train wreck.

StcChief
04-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I was super excited about the Cottam pick. Before the draft I saw Cottam as the perfect replacement for Jason Dunn. Everyone knows how important Dunn was for the running game and Cottam was the only TE in the draft with the size, skill, and aggressiveness to fully fill the position.

I see Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, and Cottam as starters from this draft. The rest I see as special teams contributors for next year.

I'm also interested in what people think of the Franklin pick. He sure fits Herm's profile for WR, tall and fast.

Franklin is a "butts in the Arrowhead seats" player. Good MU local.

beer bacon
04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Franklin should also be a good deep threat. He always was at MU, and he ran a 4.3 40 at the Combine.

bowener
04-27-2008, 01:36 PM
I actually think the RB is more of a head-scratcher than the TE. We didn't need a 3rd RB in round 3. There was still plenty of talent at WR. I also think we need a guard soon.

I kind of fgured him to be a KR/PR type guy possibly?

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 01:37 PM

I like Niswanger. If he can stay healthy, he's going to be an asset on the offensive line.

Herb Taylor was ranked in the top ten overall last year for offensive tackles. I don't know if that means anything but hopefully he'll become at the very least, a serviceable backup.

bowener
04-27-2008, 01:49 PM
I like Niswanger. If he can stay healthy, he's going to be an asset on the offensive line.

Herb Taylor was ranked in the top ten overall last year for offensive tackles. I don't know if that means anything but hopefully he'll become at the very least, a serviceable backup.

Right now we have 4 starters on the line right?? Assuming Niswanger gets the nod at least. McIntosh (LT as of now right?), Waters (G), Niswanger (C), Alberts (G or RT??? somebody give me some insight please!!!!) [boner in shorts right now typing that btw].

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I was saying we could have had Albert, Doucet, and Nicks.

The Chiefs clearly weren't interested in Nicks or his baggage.

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Right now we have 4 starters on the line right?? Assuming Niswanger gets the nod at least. McIntosh (LT as of now right?), Waters (G), Niswanger (C), Alberts (G or RT??? somebody give me some insight please!!!!) [boner in shorts right now typing that btw].

I think it's going to be Albert, Waters, Smith, Niswanger and McIntosh. Taylor and Richardson may fit in there at some point as well, especially if Niswanger and McIntosh continue to have injury issues.

Hopefully, Allan or Cottam will be ready to play opposite of Gonzalez in two tight-end sets.