dtrain
04-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Barry Richardson out of Clemson 6'6 320 OT it is

Deberg_1990
04-27-2008, 02:26 PM
good god, hes huge

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Exactly who Mecca picked in the CP Mock, although he did it a round earlier.

Good value for the Chiefs again, IMO.

Now, just maybe, the OL whiners will STFU for 10 F'ing seconds.

dtrain
04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Barry Richardson out of Clemson 6'6 320 OT it is

Overall: As a freshman in 2004, Richardson played in Clemson's first four games as a reserve, then entered the starting lineup at left tackle to stay. He started every game over his last three seasons (2005-'07), finishing his career with a streak of 45 consecutive starts and having appeared in each of his team's 49 games in his four seasons. Richardson isn't a powerful drive blocker who dominates the point of attack despite his excellent size and his lack of aggressiveness cannot be overlooked. However, he has the frame, athletic ability and range to develop into a serviceable starter or valuable backup so he projects as a late fourth or early fifth round pick.

aturnis
04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
He was listed as a OG.

Hoover
04-27-2008, 02:28 PM
I think we should nab a center a before the end of the day as well. I also think we will draft a kicker

tomahawk kid
04-27-2008, 02:29 PM
He was listed as a OG.

Scouting report mentioned he doesn't have great feet, so I'm guessing we'll push him inside.

HolmeZz
04-27-2008, 02:29 PM
He was listed as a OG.

He definitely qualifies as an original gangsta.

dtrain
04-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I think we should nab a center a before the end of the day as well. I also think we will draft a kicker

Sullivan from Notre Dame or Spanos from USC seem like a good fit for us

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Exactly who Mecca picked in the CP Mock, although he did it a round earlier.

Good value for the Chiefs again, IMO.

oh doubt it

guy sounds like a beast

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 02:33 PM
He's smart too, read his bio? He's a new Will Shields.

Vegas_Dave
04-27-2008, 02:34 PM
I do like this pick. I think he helps provide depth on our line. He has also been healthy/reliable...

Hoover
04-27-2008, 02:34 PM
yes, i like the kid from Notre Dame.

Cave Johnson
04-27-2008, 02:36 PM

Not bloody likely.

engths:
Outstanding size with a huge frame and long arms...Terrific athleticism...Very light on his feet...Great lateral mobility and range...Gets to the second level...Excellent pass blocker...Good body control...Once he locks on the battle's over...Has a lot of experience against big-time competition...Offers some versatility...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Plays soft...Lacks a killer instinct and is not aggressive...Has to get stronger...Gets pushed around and doesn't play to his size...Poor technique and he does not play with good leverage...Gets caught reaching too often...Effort is pretty inconsistent.

Notes:
Graduated from high school in just three years..A four-year starter at left tackle in the ACC...Held future #1 overall pick Mario Williams without a sack in '05...Classic case of a prospect who "Looks like Tarzan, Plays Like Jane"...Has all the physical tools you look for but is an underachiever...Could be a steal if some coach can get him to be more nasty but it's difficult to change a guys demeanor and personality.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/barryrichardson.html

ct
04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
One Tackle conversion to Guard project in the 6th. How about 2?

OG Kirk Barten, Ohio St.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/kirkbarton.html

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Not bloody likely.

engths:
Outstanding size with a huge frame and long arms...Terrific athleticism...Very light on his feet...Great lateral mobility and range...Gets to the second level...Excellent pass blocker...Good body control...Once he locks on the battle's over...Has a lot of experience against big-time competition...Offers some versatility...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Plays soft...Lacks a killer instinct and is not aggressive...Has to get stronger...Gets pushed around and doesn't play to his size...Poor technique and he does not play with good leverage...Gets caught reaching too often...Effort is pretty inconsistent.

Notes:
Graduated from high school in just three years..A four-year starter at left tackle in the ACC...Held future #1 overall pick Mario Williams without a sack in '05...Classic case of a prospect who "Looks like Tarzan, Plays Like Jane"...Has all the physical tools you look for but is an underachiever...Could be a steal if some coach can get him to be more nasty but it's difficult to change a guys demeanor and personality.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/barryrichardson.html

6'6 320 and plays soft?

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Every year the Chiefs pick one or 2 offensive lineman in rounds 5-7. They stick around for a year or 2 and move on. This guy doesn't sound any different.

rad
04-27-2008, 04:01 PM
6'6 320 and plays soft?

Basically a big teddy bear.

suds79
04-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I actually DVRed some Clemson games this year just to check this guy out.

He was playing Tackle at the time. He is just massive. Seemed to really excel in the run game. There was no secret after watching those games which direction they were running... Just behind Richardson.

With our O-line? He should easily start at RG and I love this pick.

DT Fan
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
And maybe Eric Young keeps falling and we can get him at 7-32. That would be a nice 6th-7th round recovery after ignoring OL in the mid-rounds for Best Available Player.