PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Tommy Blake in the 7th?

Shag
04-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Haven't been able to follow the entire draft today, but from what I can tell, Tommy Blake is still on the board. I'd love to see the Chiefs take a chance on him in the 7th - could pay off HUGE. If not, hey - it's just a 7th...

Thoughts?

CosmicPal
04-27-2008, 02:18 PM
From WalterFootball.com

Tommy Blake, TCU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 272.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
Combine 40 Time: Did not run.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.78.
Benchx225: 23. Vertical 30.5.
Projected Round: 6-7.
How do you lose 10 pounds and add .1 to your 40 time? Then again, Tommy Blake actually showed up to his Pro Day, so that's an accomplishment in itself.

Blake, a guy with a shady habit of quitting on his team, gained 25 pounds since the end of the season. He didn't work out either. Caveat emptor.

Where is Tommy Blake? The former Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year has missed four straight practices because he went home, more than 300 miles away from campus. Rumors are Blake is struggling with high expectations. Will he ever return to the team? That remains to be seen.

CupidStunt
04-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Wallace Gilberry.

Shag
04-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah, he's struggled with medical issues this year (depression and social anxiety disorder, I believe), which are supposedly under control now. But, prior to that, he was a major impact player, projected into the top 10.

Definitely a risk, but with a 7th, the potential upside at a position of need (DE) is worth it, IMHO...

bowener
04-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah, he's struggled with medical issues this year (depression and social anxiety disorder, I believe), which are supposedly under control now. But, prior to that, he was a major impact player, projected into the top 10.

Definitely a risk, but with a 7th, the potential upside at a position of need (DE) is worth it, IMHO...

Those are 2 very unfun things to have. Aslo, Ricky Williams suffers from social anxiety.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 05:38 PM
A flyer on Blake as a UDFA would be well worth the risk (of which there really is none). Just try to create a comfortable bubble for the guy, and he could turn out okay.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 05:40 PM

Definitely a risk, but with a 7th, the potential upside at a position of need (DE) is worth it, IMHO...Sounds like Zach Greinke.

Mecca
04-27-2008, 05:40 PM
We basically have 2 ends so I think they should be bringing some in.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Sounds like Zach Greinke.Pretty much. He's got a bunch of talent and some chemicals ****ing with his brizzain.

SAD sucks. I'm way better now than I was a few years ago, but I still can't talk to people I don't know on the phone unless it's something I absolutely cannot avoid. It's really hard to explain, so I won't even try, but let's just leave it at that: it ****ing sucks.

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 05:43 PM
We basically have 2 ends so I think they should be bringing some in.Yeah, I'd be surprised if we didn't sign a handful of UDFA DEs.