PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your Kansas City Chiefs 2008 starting offensive line...

KCChiefsFan88
04-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Branden Albert- Left tackle... a guy who started TWO games during his college career at tackle, yet the Chiefs are counting on him to hold down the most important position on their offensive line.

Brian Waters- Left guard... Mr. Waters is finding out that life without being able to play next to Roaf isn't so great.

Rudy Niswanger- Center... undrafted free agent who has never started a game at center in the NFL and wasn't even a fulltime starter at center during his college career, yet is being counted on by the Chiefs to be their starting center.

Barry Richardson- Right guard... started 45 games in college at tackle, zero at guard... yet is being counted on by the Chiefs to be their starting right guard. Gee makes me forget about Will Shields already.

Damion McIntosh- Right tackle... injury-prone, 31 year old journeyman being moved to right tackle after a failed season at left tackle.

To summarize, the Chiefs are counting on two rookies to step in and start in positions they basically have zero experience playing in, an undrafted free agent center who has never started in the NFL and two washed up players in Waters and McIntosh.

I'm sure glad the Chiefs sat on the sidelines during free agency. After all it's not like a guy like Jeff Faine or Jake Scott could have helped this offensive line. ROFL ROFL

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 03:21 PM
The line right now is 100% better than it was last year

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 03:21 PM
jackass whiner

kstater
04-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Jeebus, arguably the best draft the Chiefs have ever had and all the loonies come out of the trailer parks.

Count Alex's Wins
Yep. 3/5 of the line last year didn't have the physical traits to be good players. At least these guys do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
It's obvious to me that KCChiefsFan88 just doesn't understand what the draft is all about.

recxjake
I love the new line.. young, strong, and fast!

chiefbowe82
04-27-2008, 03:23 PM
why waste chiefs precious money on FA for the o-line for this season.

milkman
You don't like what the Chiefs have done?

Imagine my surprise.

pr_capone
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT MEDIOCRITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free agency has netted us JACK SHIT the past few seasons. Instead of doing the same thing over and over again, we are looking to the draft to fix thr problems.

Is it gonna happen in one year? No. Get over it and start getting used to the diea of 4-12 / 3-13 at the end of this year.

buddha
Yeah 88, I'm sure nothing else will be done between now and the start of the season.

DomerNKC
looks like we filled a real need with that running back in the third round though...

tiptap
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Much better line than last year. And a lot more up side than last year. A long way to go to match that 2003 line.

Delano
04-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I wonder if Albert plays at RT.

McIntosh - Waters - Niswanger/Smith - Richardson - Albert

KCChiefsFan88
Yeah 88, I'm sure nothing else will be done between now and the start of the season.

What adding more undrafted free agents? At some point the Chiefs have to stop shopping at the discount bins to rebuild their offensive line.

Direckshun
Tell you what -- there is no surprise as to the kind of rookies Herm likes to Draft.

Herb Taylor -- OG/OT
Brandon Albert -- OG/OT
Barry Richardson -- OG/OT

He likes utility and ability to play multiple positions.

Mr. Kotter

Yup. Olineman, with skill, experience, and brains.....can mesh more quickly than any other unit on the FB field.

I'm willing to see what happens. The only real concern I have at his point is Center....and Herm seems pretty high on Niswanger, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

People, we are building for the future....next year will be filled with growing pains. Let's find out who can play, and who can't....and see if we can turn this floundering franchise around the right way--through patience and commitment to the draft.

Pitt Gorilla
Let me post this for the 100th time: There will be a lot of OL talent available as undrafted FAs. Right now, Brandon Keith and Adam Spieker are both still on the board and may be available after the draft. They are local kids who are solid talents.

Here is Keith's bio:

Brandon Keith

6'5" 343

Playing in the shadows of All-American offensive tackle Chad Rinehart, Keith actually developed into a better athlete than his more heralded teammate. The massive drive blocker with an incredibly long wing span and hands the size of baseball mitts has excellent quickness for a player his size.

Needing to dispel concerns about his character and work ethic, it was commonplace to see Keith be the first player at the team facilities in the mornings, working on a cardio program that kept his weight in check and helped improve his overall flexibility.

Blessed with natural strength, he produced one of the better performances in the weight room at the NFL Combine, putting up 225 pounds 31 times. In a recent workout for NFL teams on campus, he clocked 4.98 seconds in the 40-yard dash and produced a 32-inch vertical jump with a 9'5" broad jump. That is impressive for any athlete, much less one of his size.

AMDChief
04-27-2008, 03:26 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/f6/200px-JeffGeorge.jpg

markk
04-27-2008, 03:26 PM
it's arguable that you have any of these positions right

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 03:28 PM
This is also most or all of your 2009 starting offensive line, and they'll be that much better for playing in '08.

But hey, if you'd rather bring in guys on their last legs and not have anything put in place for the future, go for it.

pr_capone
04-27-2008, 03:28 PM
looks like we filled a real need with that running back in the third round though...

Just a feeling.... but if LJ has 500 yards or more by week six, watch for a trade.

If he is fully recovered... I'm guessing a 1st & 3rd.

BigChiefFan
04-27-2008, 03:30 PM
This is how you get better, let the young guys fight it out by performing on the field.

J Diddy
04-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Just a feeling.... but if LJ has 500 yards or more by week six, watch for a trade.

we couldn't get a 1st and a 3rd for him when he was tagged before he was injured

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2008, 03:31 PM

Don't be a dumbass. Larry's contract renders him untradeable.

milkman
04-27-2008, 03:31 PM

That is quite possibly the worst feeling ever.

The Chiefs can't trade LJ.

Cap hit would be ridiculous.

pr_capone
04-27-2008, 03:32 PM
we couldn't get a 1st and a 3rd for him when he was tagged before he was injured

Just pissing in the wind here...

some team with a shot to make a run either needs a #1 RB or theirs goes down.

They will pay up..... :evil:

pr_capone
04-27-2008, 03:32 PM
GDI!!!

LEave me alone.... I've bene drinking.

:(

milkman
04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
GDI!!!

LEave me alone.... I've bene drinking.

:(

There's stupid drunk.

Then there's just plain stupid.

That post falls squarely into category two.

Logical
04-27-2008, 03:35 PM
I like all those to look to the future except Damion (you can't have a never was in such a position) this line will grow together as a group and Brian Waters should add the steady hard working influence as the veteran.

The bad thing is we still won't be able to get a good read on Brody behind that line. Oh and LJ will be mincemeat by midseason.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Waters isn't washed up. Albert should have been playing LT his whole college career because of his size, I think he will be fine at LT. McIntosh sucked it up at LT, but will be solid at RT. Easier position, he's a vet, he will be ok. Our O-Line this year will be 10x better than last year.

Logical
04-27-2008, 03:37 PM
That is quite possibly the worst feeling ever.

The Chiefs can't trade LJ.

Cap hit would be ridiculous.

True but this would be the one year we can probably afford it.

bowener
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
good god i am experiencing my first CP chiefs draft and it is actually a good draft... yet these... people.... keep crawling out....

also, who said alberts is the LT right now? Why not RT for a season? McIntosh when healthy is not awful, especialy if we are just going to run right at people.

DaneMcCloud
I wonder if Albert plays at RT.

McIntosh - Waters - Niswanger/Smith - Richardson - Albert

None.

Herb Taylor will play at RT

keg in kc
The bad thing is we still won't be able to get a good read on Brody behind that line. Oh and LJ will be mincemeat by midseason.Not necessarily. O-linemen can come along quickly. If Albert, in particular, hits at OLT, it will have a positive cascade effect on the entire line.

Not saying he will, but it's a realistic possibility.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2008, 03:39 PM

If he is fully recovered... I'm guessing a 1st & 3rd.:doh!: Not this shit again...

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 03:40 PM

I'm guessing you don't understand the salary cap. :grr:

The Chiefs just gave LJ $19 million in guarantees. He's not f*cking going anywhere.

milkman
04-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Waters isn't washed up. Albert should have been playing LT his whole college career because of his size, I think he will be fine at LT. McIntosh sucked it up at LT, but will be solid at RT. Easier position, he's a vet, he will be ok. Our O-Line this year will be 10x better than last year.

This post tells me all I need to know.

Size isn't nearly as important as athleticism when playing LT.

And Damion McIntosh has sucked ass every time he's ever been tried at RT.

The Chargers, in spite of the suckass OL they had a few years ago couldn't wait to dump his ass, and the Dolphins had to move him back to LT.

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 03:41 PM
None.

Herb Taylor will play at RT

Not as a starter. Albert is going to play tackle and has already been penciled in as the starter but I don't know which side

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Size isn't nearly as important as athleticism when playing LT.Albert looked an awful lot like Roaf and/or Shields in space on the video I've seen, so I don't think athleticism is a problem.

I'm expecting there to be some adjustment pains, though, obviously. He's probably not going to be all pro as a rookie. But he may well be 3 years from now...

cdcox
04-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Did anyone really think we were going to land land all new starting OL in one draft? Does anyone think our LBs, secondary, DE or WR were substantially better than our OL? In everyone of those units, you have about half the guys that should be playing and half that should be on the bench or even in the stands.

A few players might develop from late round picks, but even then, this was a multi-year rebuild going into this draft and is still a multi-year rebuild coming out.

Stewie
04-27-2008, 03:47 PM
People. The OL has to be a cohesive unit and one poor player can make the player next to him look bad. I'm not looking in the rear view mirror to decide on individual players. I think our draft picks are a major upgrade and will serve us well.

milkman
04-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Albert looked an awful lot like Roaf and/or Shields in space on the video I've seen, so I don't think athleticism is a problem.

I'm expecting there to be some adjustment pains, though, obviously. He's probably not going to be all pro as a rookie. But he may well be 3 years from now...

My point was that size isn't the reason that should be cited that Albert should have been playing LT.

Richardson and Otah are huge, but they should never be allowed anywhere on the left side.

Believe me, I know about Albert's athleticism.

I've been pimping him as an OT long before the "experts" started making that connection.

Stewie
04-27-2008, 03:50 PM
My point was that size isn't the reason that should be cited that Albert should have been playing LT.

Richardson and Otah are huge, but they should never be allowed anywhere on the left side.

Believe me, I know about Albert's athleticism.

I've been pimping him as an OT long before the "experts" started making that connection.

You're a legend in your own mind.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2008, 03:52 PM
This post tells me all I need to know.

Size isn't nearly as important as athleticism when playing LT.

And Damion McIntosh has sucked ass every time he's ever been tried at RT.

The Chargers, in spite of the suckass OL they had a few years ago couldn't wait to dump his ass, and the Dolphins had to move him back to LT.

Yea, uh, never said size was the only thing that matters. But OL who are bigger usually have a tendency to play tackle. And McIntosh isn't as bad as people think. He is not the answer to any of our problems, and won't be a starter next year or the year after, but he will be OK for this season at RT.

milkman
04-27-2008, 03:52 PM
You're a legend in your own mind.

Yes I am.

So glad you noticed.

HemiEd
04-27-2008, 03:53 PM
It's obvious to me that KCChiefsFan88 just doesn't understand what the draft is all about.

cluesless

milkman
04-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Yea, uh, never said size was the only thing that matters. But OL who are bigger usually have a tendency to play tackle. And McIntosh isn't as bad as people think. He is not the answer to any of our problems, and won't be a starter next year or the year after, but he will be OK for this season at RT.

No he won't.

He's ****ing useless at RT.

We might as well re-sign Terry if that's the plan.

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Not as a starter. Albert is going to play tackle and has already been penciled in as the starter but I don't know which side

Albert's played on the left side his entire career. He's a left guard/left tackle.

The Chiefs won't move him to right, especially since they drafted him at #15.

McIntosh will move to RT and if he can't cut it, Svitek or Taylor will start in front of him.

gta0012
04-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Albert should have been playing LT his whole college career because of his size, I think he will be fine at LT.

His college coach SAID he was going to put him at LT. But because albert started the program as G and was playing well he just kept him there.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 03:59 PM
From his Q&A yesterday:

Q: Why didn’t you move to tackle when T D’Brickashaw Ferguson left?

ALBERT: “Our coach wanted the five best linemen on the field. I did pretty well my freshman year at left guard and I missed spring football and that was the idea to move me out to tackle and having me change roles. But we had another redshirt freshman named Will Parker that was pretty good. So Coach kept both of us on the field with the other two seniors and had the best five linemen. It ended up working out this year.”

Rain Man
04-27-2008, 03:59 PM
I think it'll be:

LT - McIntosh
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - Taylor
RT - Albert

Or maybe Svitek at RT and Albert at RG.

Chiefshrink
04-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Start Albert at LT immediately. The sooner the better we get at running the ball. Makes no sense to repeat last year with McIntosh at LT. Brandon's a big boy and his ego can handle the speed of the NFL to adjust accordingly.

DT Fan
04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
What makes you think a 6th round pick is going to come in and start right away?

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM

How about a lack of talent on the existing roster?

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM

HERM IS A GENIUS

Direckshun
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
People don't know a lot about Richardson.

He's got 1st round ability, he's just got a reputation as being a character concern.

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 04:15 PM

He's got 1st round ability, he's just got a reputation as being a character concern.

Not at all, model citizen.

KCChiefsMan
04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
it takes more than 1 year to rebuild, you can't expect every rookie to come in and start right away.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Branden Albert- Left tackle... a guy who started TWO games during his college career at tackle, yet the Chiefs are counting on him to hold down the most important position on their offensive line.

Brian Waters- Left guard... Mr. Waters is finding out that life without being able to play next to Roaf isn't so great.

Rudy Niswanger- Center... undrafted free agent who has never started a game at center in the NFL and wasn't even a fulltime starter at center during his college career, yet is being counted on by the Chiefs to be their starting center.

Barry Richardson- Right guard... started 45 games in college at tackle, zero at guard... yet is being counted on by the Chiefs to be their starting right guard. Gee makes me forget about Will Shields already.

Damion McIntosh- Right tackle... injury-prone, 31 year old journeyman being moved to right tackle after a failed season at left tackle.

To summarize, the Chiefs are counting on two rookies to step in and start in positions they basically have zero experience playing in, an undrafted free agent center who has never started in the NFL and two washed up players in Waters and McIntosh.

I'm sure glad the Chiefs sat on the sidelines during free agency. After all it's not like a guy like Jeff Faine or Jake Scott could have helped this offensive line. ROFL ROFL

How would you have liked for the Chiefs to sign Faine? Kidnap him so he couldn't visit Tampa? Which was also his hometown and offered him a boatload of money?

I love all the wanna-be Kipers, but let's analyze this draft next year.

suds79
04-27-2008, 04:21 PM

The simple answer is because our O-line sucks.

But lets take a look.

Who's going to play RG?

We know thus far that it'll be

LG - Waters & C - Niswanger. McIntosh? Who are our Tackles then? LT - Albert & Taylor or Svitek?

I just don't see a lot of competition between him and other guys for that spot.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2008, 08:51 PM
No he won't.

He's ****ing useless at RT.

We might as well re-sign Terry if that's the plan.

OK Mr.NFL scout. Seems like you know everything about everyone.:shake:

LiL stumppy
04-27-2008, 08:52 PM
The simple answer is because our O-line sucks.

But lets take a look.

Who's going to play RG?

We know thus far that it'll be

LG - Waters & C - Niswanger. McIntosh? Who are our Tackles then? LT - Albert & Taylor or Svitek?

I just don't see a lot of competition between him and other guys for that spot.

Also, didn't we sign Wade Smith to play center, or is he not expected to make an impact?

the Talking Can
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM

someone should kick you in the pussy

i ****ing hate True Fans

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2008, 08:55 PM

Dude, in the Senior Bowl he was getting beat bad

jAZ
04-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I think it'll be:

LT - McIntosh
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - Taylor
RT - Albert

Or maybe Svitek at RT and Albert at RG.

Exactly...

Delano
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Hmm.. Herm thinks Richardson can play RT.

TEX
04-27-2008, 09:01 PM

Yep. But $hit is still $hit no matter how you twist it... :doh!:

I really don't understand why the Chiefs didn't get any significant FA help on the OL. The Chiefs had/have the money and there were players available that would have helped. It's even more puzzling as to why they didn't, when you consider our QB situation...

the Talking Can
04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Yep. But $hit is still $hit no matter how you twist it... :doh!:

I really don't understand why the Chiefs didn't get any significant FA help on the OL. The Chiefs had/have the money and there were players available that would have helped. It's even more puzzling as to why they didn't, when you consider our QB situation...:hmmm:

becuase they made an explicit decision to build through the draft and not FA...they said so many times...

they wanted to play young players already on the roster, and young players they draft....

we are no longer doing what has failed for 15 years....

TEX
04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
becuase they made an explicit decision to build through the draft and not FA...they said so many times...

they wanted to play young players already on the roster, and young players they draft....

we are no longer doing what has failed for 15 years....

Failed for 15 years? Hardly. Maybe that approach has failed team wise - but NOT at building O-lines. We've had some great FA's and some poor one's. The same can be said for our own drafted O-lineman. You just need to be smart about it.

beach tribe
04-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Failed for 15 years? Hardly. Maybe that approach has failed team wise - but NOT at building O-lines. We've had some great FA's and some poor one's. The same can be said for our own drafted O-lineman. You just need to be smart about it.

Once we build the Core of our team, which I think we may be one more off season away from, depending on the development of some of these players, we will add the pieces we didn't find at the best value in the draft, through free agency.

tk13
04-27-2008, 09:36 PM
The funny thing was, there was a time you could look back at DV's offensive line, which was the best line in the league, and pick it to shreds.

A LT that people thought was almost washed up, bad legs, given up for "just" a conditional 3rd/4th round pick.

LG that was a converted fullback.

C that was a backup.

RG that was a 3rd round pick (albeit long established as a legend by this time)

RT that was a 1st round LT who hadn't lived up to the hype.

Not that this offensive line is anywhere near as good as that group. But sometimes you can get creative.

BigRedChief
04-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Don't be a dumbass. Larry's contract renders him untradeable.
Jezuz H Christ how many times do we have to repeat this fact? :doh!:

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Failed for 15 years? Hardly. Maybe that approach has failed team wise - but NOT at building O-lines. We've had some great FA's and some poor one's. The same can be said for our own drafted O-lineman. You just need to be smart about it.Which great FA o-linemen have we signed? Wiegmann is the only decent one I can think of.

journeyscarab
04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Left Tackle-Albert
Left Gaurd-Waters
Center-Wade
Right Gaurd-Richardson
Right Tackle-McIntosh

noa
04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I was wondering when this dumbass was going to show up and pretend like he actually knows something about football.
All he knows how to do is criticize this franchise no matter what -- even if we just had our best draft in years.

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Dick Vermeil would've drafted better!

BigRedChief
04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
We didn't improve our O-Line enough. If we fail to being in some quality UFA we are screwed. We can't determine if Brodie is the man or not if he's running for his life. We should have went for O-Line help instead of back ups on day 2.

TEX
04-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Once we build the Core of our team, which I think we may be one more off season away from, depending on the development of some of these players, we will add the pieces we didn't find at the best value in the draft, through free agency.

Hope that's the case. I also hope we don't break a QB in the process.

TEX
04-27-2008, 10:12 PM
I was wondering when this dumbass was going to show up and pretend like he actually knows something about football.
All he knows how to do is criticize this franchise no matter what -- even if we just had our best draft in years.

If you can look past his jabs, he has a point. We still don't have much of an O-line to speak of.

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 10:14 PM
We didn't improve our O-Line enough. If we fail to being in some quality UFA we are screwed. We can't determine if Brodie is the man or not if he's running for his life. We should have went for O-Line help instead of back ups on day 2.

I disagree. Our Starting O-Line is pretty much set we just need some depth now

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 10:14 PM
If you can look past his jabs, he has a point. We still don't have much of an O-line to speak of.Hey, Tex, could you answer my question?

Hoover
04-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I disagree. You have to look at all they young guys already on the roster, we are only looking for a center and guard, and have the center and a plan B ready to go. So basically we are going to have on hell of a battle for the RG spot.

Should be fun.

noa
04-27-2008, 10:20 PM
If you can look past his jabs, he has a point. We still don't have much of an O-line to speak of.

Yeah, but we also can't fix our entire OL in one draft/offseason. We did a great job of picking quality talent that was there. Even though we didn't reach for OL to fill our needs, we got great value throughout the draft.
I think you have to look at fixing this OL as a multi-year project. We have a potential hell of a start by getting Albert and Richardson.

philfree
04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
No one knows how our O line is gonna line up in 2008 but we have 12 O Linemen on our roster as of right now and its set up for these guys to compete for their jobs. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the 2008 o line will be much better then the 2007 version. That's not hard to predict because '07s sucked so bad but I think we have a chance to be alot better up front.

PhilFree:arrow:

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Left Tackle-Albert
Left Gaurd-Waters
Center-Wade
Right Gaurd-Richardson
Right Tackle-McIntosh

If that line develops chemistry quickly, our OLine could be MUCH improved over the rag-tag bunch of has/been and never-were types we plugged in this past year....in three of the slots....

TRR
04-27-2008, 10:52 PM
It sounds like Herm is slating Richardson at RT. If that is the case, could McIntosh move to RG? If you want the best 5 O Lineman on the field at one time, they would be...

Waters
Albert
McIntosh
Niswanger
Richardson, Wade, Taylor and Svitek...

Also, a player like Shane Olivea is still unsigned I believe. I would still love to get a young veteran like Olivea to play RG. That would be a great start to a good OL.

blueballs
04-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Look at all the ol taken in this draft
some have to be cut
give us your weak huddled masses

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
I wish you guys would get in your head that McIntosh isnt moving to guard or right tackle. He is only good at left tackle. Hell I bet he doesnt evens start if Albert can beat him out.

LT - Albert
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - Taylor/Richardson
RT - Taylor/Richardson/Sivtek

There that is what the O-line will look like.

TRR
04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
I wish you guys would get in your head that McIntosh isnt moving to guard or right tackle. He is only good at left tackle. Hell I bet he doesnt evens start if Albert can beat him out.

LT - Albert
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - Taylor/Richardson

I disagree. McIntosh will start somewhere on the OL, even if it isn't at LT. He will not be any worse at RT than Turley/Terry was last season. McIntosh is probably the 3rd best OL on the team.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
some have to be cut
give us your weak huddled massesYup, that's what I've been thinking. Some very solid players will be cut/targeted for practice squads. I imagine Herm will be ready to pounce on some of them.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2008, 11:05 PM

LT - Albert
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - Taylor/Richardson

Well, hell....someone call Herm. Tell him the OLineman need not even report to River Falls.

ChiefsCountry here will email the line-up to him. :thumb:

:rolleyes:

FWIW, I don't care for McIntosh much either. I hope he does get beat out. But stop pretending you have all the answers....I know his history, but suffice it to say it ain't nearly as simple to explain as you are suggesting (other personnel issues-injuries-chemistry-coaching played into what you are trying to simplify into "McIntosh can't play anything but LT.")

I'd be willing to bet the FA Center (Wade?) they signed will be given every opportunity to beat out Niswanger too.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2008, 11:05 PM
I disagree. McIntosh will start somewhere on the OL, even if it isn't at LT. He will not be any worse at RT than Turley/Terry was last season. McIntosh is probably the 3rd best OL on the team.

Dude Miami and San Diego have tried McIntosh at other positions, he sucked at every single one of them expect left tackle. He is a poor run blocker, which makes him worthless on the right side.

TRR
04-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Dude Miami and San Diego have tried McIntosh at other positions, he sucked at every single one of them expect left tackle. He is a poor run blocker, which makes him worthless on the right side.

I've seen McIntosh play RG, and he is not half as bad as you say he is.

Fish
04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
some have to be cut
give us your weak huddled masses

That's a good point.

A lot of offensive linemen are going to be given rd 1 contracts. That's gonna put a few decent vet backups(maybe starters) out of a job too.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Mcintosh =LT

B.Albert=RT

BigRedChief
04-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Jeremy Zuttah out of Boston College
Cody Wallace out of Texas A&M
Anthony Collins out of Kansas
Tony Hills out of Texas
Ray Shuenning out of Orgon State
Carl Nicks out of Nebraska
All would have competed for a starting job and would not have been camp fodder.

TRR
04-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Jeremy Zuttah out of Boston College
Cody Wallace out of Texas A&M
Anthony Collins out of Kansas
Tony Hills out of Texas
Ray Shuenning out of Orgon State
Carl Nicks out of Nebraska
All would have competed for a starting job and would not have been camp fodder.

I would have loved to have Zuttah instead of the TE in round three. A blocking TE that has only caught 20 passes his entire career is not good value in round 3 IMO. I don't care how good of blocker he is.

Valiant
04-27-2008, 11:59 PM

Hopefully but I don't see them gelling until later on in the year..

Oh Snap
04-28-2008, 12:07 AM
give this line time to play with one another, and we could have at the most a decent OL. The problem last season was we had alot of injurys to the OL, so we shuffled alot of guys in and out. waters, who normally is solid, looked horrible because of this..or atleast thats my opinion.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Niswanger maybe a good player. His measurables look good and they Chiefs have been bragging on their sites how smart he is. Maybe he can become another Brian Waters type of guy and be smart enough to make the line calls coming into his 3rd year. He's progressed his first two years. I was really worried about KC not taking a C but hopefully Herm and Co. see Niswanger as a real positive a C. We'll see.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Well, hell....someone call Herm. Tell him the OLineman need not even report to River Falls.

ChiefsCountry here will email the line-up to him. :thumb:

:rolleyes:

FWIW, I don't care for McIntosh much either. I hope he does get beat out. But stop pretending you have all the answers....I know his history, but suffice it to say it ain't nearly as simple to explain as you are suggesting (other personnel issues-injuries-chemistry-coaching played into what you are trying to simplify into "McIntosh can't play anything but LT.")

I'd be willing to bet the FA Center (Wade?) they signed will be given every opportunity to beat out Niswanger too.

Let's just hope someone needs a veteran tackle before the season starts and we can dump McIntosh for a 4th or 5th.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Niswanger maybe a good player. His measurables look good and they Chiefs have been bragging on their sites how smart he is. Maybe he can become another Brian Waters type of guy and be smart enough to make the line calls coming into his 3rd year. He's progressed his first two years. I was really worried about KC not taking a C but hopefully Herm and Co. see Niswanger as a real positive a C. We'll see.

Niswanger was very solid in limited duty this past year, as was Erb Taylor.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Niswanger was very solid in limited duty this past year, as was Erb Taylor.Donald Erb Taylor?

Probably nobody but me gets that joke.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Donald Erb Taylor?

Probably nobody but me gets that joke.

You got me, Homey :shrug:

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 01:05 AM
It was a flashback to my college days; Donald Erb's a modern American composer.