PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So are we targeting OL in the FA/trade market, then?

jAZ
04-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Seems like we have holes to fill still.

How about trying to get NO to pull that trade using next year's (conditional) picks? Anyone else likely to shake out?

Mecca
04-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Uh no.....

They'll probably sign some UDFA guys though.

KevB
04-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Seems like we have holes to fill still.

That was inevitable. There could still be a player or two worth grabbing after June 1 cuts I suppose.

banyon
04-27-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm down for trading for Jamaal Brown, what's not to like?

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Only for depth we have our starters set IMHO

Mecca
04-27-2008, 02:50 PM
The Chiefs are going young, they are not trading away picks, especially when they may have the #1 pick next year.

suds79
04-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Well what are we looking at right now?

LT - Albert?
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - Richardson (I like this pick)
RT - McIntosh

keg in kc
04-27-2008, 02:51 PM
They're going to go crazy in UDFA's, looking for depth and PS projects.

banyon
04-27-2008, 02:53 PM
The Chiefs are going young, they are not trading away picks, especially when they may have the #1 pick next year.

I didn't mean for a #1 that will undoubtedly be really high.

jAZ
04-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Well what are we looking at right now?

LT - Albert?
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - Richardson (I like this pick)
RT - McIntosh

Somehow I have a feeling that it really is this...

LT - (no one)
LG - Waters (need depth)
C - Niswanger
RG - Albert (Richardson)
RT - McIntosh (need depth)

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 02:55 PM

LT - (no one)
LG - Waters (need depth)
C - Niswanger
RG - Albert (Richardson)

LT - McIntosh
LG - Waters (need depth)
C - Niswanger
RG - Richardson
RT - Albert(need depth)

banyon
04-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Matt Flynn?

Our turn

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 02:57 PM
I thought Waters was penciled in at C? When did that change? (I've been away)

Direckshun
04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
LT -- Albert, McIntosh
LG -- Waters, ???
C -- Niswanger, W. Smith
RG -- Richardson, ???
RT -- Taylor, Richardson

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 02:58 PM

LT - (no one)
LG - Waters (need depth)
C - Niswanger
RG - Albert (Richardson)

NO WAY they move Albert to the right side.

No. Friggin'. Way.

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2008, 02:59 PM
LT -- Albert, McIntosh
LG -- Waters, ???
C -- Niswanger, W. Smith
RG -- Richardson, ???
RT -- Taylor, Richardson

Don't forget about Svitek on the right side.

He was actually quite serviceable as a right tackle. If he goes into training camp and stays on the right side the entire time, he may end up starting.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-27-2008, 03:02 PM
NO WAY they move Albert to the right side.

No. Friggin'. Way.

Project LT.

Rausch
04-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Only for depth we have our starters set IMHO

Exactly. We have our starting 5. We have one year to play this team and narrow down the needs for next draft.

The upside is that CB and DT won't be a need next year. We may still go OL high but we won't have to.

Looks like QB, WR, and DE will be the only real needs next year. Not bad, all in all...:)

philfree
04-27-2008, 03:05 PM
We've have quite a few O linemen at this point. Aberts will be a OT and Richardson will be a G. We picked up an OT from the Jets off waivers and we signed a guy to compete for C. We still have a few young guys on the roster from last year too and as was mention we still have Stivek. Our O line is better then last year and we have'nt even beeb to mini camps yet.

PhilFree:arrow:

suds79
04-27-2008, 03:08 PM
With the 15th pick in the draft, if Albert ends up at Guard for us, then that was a bad pick because those guys are easily found later on.

He'd better play either LT or RT.

KCChiefsFan88
04-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Exactly. We have our starting 5. We have one year to play this team and narrow down the needs for next draft.

Let me "narrow" down the needs for next year now...

left tackle, right guard or right tackle (wherever Albert doesn't end up ultimately starting at), center, defensive end to replace Jared Allen, a starting cornerback to replace Surtain, startng QB, a #2 WR, a head coach, and GM.

Dick Bull
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Let me "narrow" down the needs for next year now...

left tackle, right guard or right tackle (wherever Albert doesn't end up ultimately starting at), center, defensive end to replace Jared Allen, a starting cornerback to replace Surtain, startng QB, a #2 WR, a head coach, and GM.

I wish cpiggy would still work

Short Leash Hootie
04-27-2008, 03:26 PM
they might start Albert at RT and ease him into the LT position...I wouldn't be opposed with that...put Albert on the right (better run blocker than McIntosh anyways) and keep McIntosh on the left (he did an adequate job last year)...

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 03:29 PM

The upside is that CB and DT won't be a need next year. We may still go OL high but we won't have to.

Looks like QB, WR, and DE will be the only real needs next year. Not bad, all in all...:)

I agree. The only other position we will need to fill next year is Middle Linebacker and our LB core in general

Frankie
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Don't forget about Svitek on the right side.

He was actually quite serviceable as a right tackle. If he goes into training camp and stays on the right side the entire time, he may end up starting.

How about Herbie T?

Frankie
04-27-2008, 06:38 PM

ILB?

the Talking Can
04-27-2008, 06:48 PM

and LB...we really need good young LB

and we need to put a stud MLB behind Dorsey to clamp down on the run once and for all....

we'll starting spending some real FA dollars next year, i think...maybe even for a QB if Croyle flames out...

EyePod
04-27-2008, 07:00 PM
With the 15th pick in the draft, if Albert ends up at Guard for us, then that was a bad pick because those guys are easily found later on.

He'd better play either LT or RT.

The past 9 guards who were chosen in the first round have all met or exceeded expectations. I saw an article about it. If he is a great guard then I am fine with it, especially cause we can target LT next year in the draft.