PDA

View Full Version : Royals So whats with Gil Meche?

Deberg_1990
04-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Looking at the stat line he didnt have too bad a day today, but still gets the loss..

So far, id have to say hes been a huge disappointment overall....

IP H R ER BB K HR Season ERA
G. Meche (L, 1-4) 6.2 9 3 3 1 3 1 7.22

KCUnited
04-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Not nearly as disappointing as Gordon's 0-4 with 3 strike outs and grounding into a dp.

alnorth
04-27-2008, 06:01 PM
When your on a team which isnt contending for a playoff spot, you should really ignore the wins and losses because thats largely a product of being on a team with a crappy offense.

Unfortunately, the stats you can pay attention to are also not good, but its still early.

WoodDraw
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
He's giving up too many walks and HRs, but aside from that the main difference between '07 Meche and '08 Meche is luck. Last year, hitters hit .263 against him. This year, almost .400. A big part of that is pure luck.

He's not going to put him career numbers like he did last year, but he'll be better than he's been so far this season.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I was amazed he did as well as he did last year. Being a Mariners fan, I'm familiar with his career. I think he was overpaid, and won't live up to that contract. I hope he turns it around, but he's consistantly inconsistant.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2008, 06:53 PM
I was amazed he did as well as he did last year. Being a Mariners fan, I'm familiar with his career. I think he was overpaid, and won't live up to that contract. I hope he turns it around, but he's consistantly inconsistant.

I agree. Hes NOT a #1 guy. Seems like a solid innings eater, but nothing more.

DeezNutz
04-27-2008, 07:04 PM
He's been off this year, but today's performance was a good one. He didn't have his best stuff and kept a woeful offensive club in the game. We're definitely going to get our money's worth out of his contract. $11 mil. is a lot, no doubt, but this will look like a bargain in 2 years, unfortunately.