PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports College Basketball Experience and Power and Light District Today

kcfan82
04-27-2008, 05:38 PM
If you haven't been there, you HAVE to go. The CBB Experience is the coolest ****ing thing ever. Just be sure to wear short and be prepared to sweat.

The Power & Light District is a perfect compliment to the Sprint Center. My only complaint is that the beer was so cold and good I couldn't stop drinking.

chiefqueen
04-27-2008, 05:45 PM
The only negative I've heard about P & L is that if you try to eat in one of the restaurants when an event is scheduled @ the Sprint Center getting a table is almost impossible.

Lex Luthor
04-27-2008, 05:48 PM
They run everybody through a metal detector on the way in, so make sure you leave your pocket knife in your car.

It's understandable, but sad.

alanm
04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
They run everybody through a metal detector on the way in, so make sure you leave your pocket knife in your car.

It's understandable, but sad.
By all means let all the people with weapons in and drink alcohol.
What could go wrong?:spock:

Deberg_1990
04-27-2008, 05:53 PM

ill be sure and check my "gat" at the door. Thanks.

WoodDraw
04-27-2008, 05:54 PM
The only negative I've heard about P & L is that if you try to eat in one of the restaurants when an event is scheduled @ the Sprint Center getting a table is almost impossible.

In other breaking news, those driving during rush hour may face increased traffic. Tune in to KCTV for further investigative updates.

kcfan82
04-27-2008, 06:19 PM

I'm sure it is, the best time seems to be Sunday afternoons. It has a courtyard with a huge TV and they had the Royals game on, then after that they showed the brigade game. Lots of it is outdoors which kicks ass when the weather is nice.

Wear shorts to the CBB experience if you're old like me or you'll sweat like a pig.

|Zach|
04-27-2008, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the insight.

chiefsfaninwa
04-27-2008, 07:23 PM
I was there last weekend...

Saw the Sprint center and the CBB... 10 out of 10..

All you need is the NHL or NBA and you would be good to go.. hey seattle supersonics are available!! :)

Good food.... Good Beer and wow the women have gotten better since i left 10 years ago..

Enjoy KC..

Demonpenz
04-27-2008, 07:29 PM
the whole this is great. good job guys

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
I went to the Bon Jovi concert last week and I agree that the PLT district is nice but they need more restaurants and bars. We got there a little after 5 and every place was jammed packed and you couldn't find a seat anywhere.

The plus side is the parking. We got in and out really quick.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I went to the Bon Jovi concert last week

Why??

kcfan82
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I went to the Bon Jovi concert last week and I agree that the PLT district is nice but they need more restaurants and bars. We got there a little after 5 and every place was jammed packed and you couldn't find a seat anywhere.

They are trippling the size of what is open right now..

I'll be down there at least one weekend a month.

It's just a god damn shame there in no baseball stadium down there.

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Why??

LMAO

Because they were and still are one of my favorite bands. This was the best concert I have seen in a very long time. Having Daughtry opening up was great as well.

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 07:45 PM
They are trippling the size of what is open right now..

I'll be down there at least one weekend a month.

It's just a god damn shame there in no baseball stadium down there.

I hope so because that is a major letdown when you go down there and there are no seats to grab a bite to eat or drink a beer.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
LMAO

Because they were and still are one of my favorite bands. This was the best concert I have seen in a very long time. Having Daughtry opening up was great as well.

haha....its cool, just giving you a hard time. I remember seeing them back in 88 or 89. Skid Row opened for them. :)

dirk digler
04-27-2008, 08:02 PM
haha....its cool, just giving you a hard time. I remember seeing them back in 88 or 89. Skid Row opened for them. :)

Its ok man, some guy asked me the same question the other day and told me they were a girly band. I like all kinds of music mostly rock and roll especially classic rock and roll.

I have seen them at least 5-6 times. A couple with Cinderella and one at least with Skid Row.

WoodDraw
04-27-2008, 08:22 PM

Not everything is open yet, so there will be more bars and restaurants. But the P&L district is not meant to serve every single person going downtown. There are dozens of great local bars and restaurants a quick walk from the arena. The P&L bars will be tourist traps by nature. If you want something less crowded, you'll have to adventure out and find it.