PDA

View Full Version : News Chiefs should have taken few more local players

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Rich Baldinger even said we should have taken Rucker.

Baldy also said it will take BA a YEAR to learn the speed of the game at RT. Enjoy.

We also should have taken WR and OT from KU too.

kcfan82
04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm trying to think of all the recent KU and MU stars in the league and I'm drawing a blank.

Probably the most recent for KU was Don Davis and for MU Justin Smith?

Ari Chi3fs
04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
i like Anthony Collins, but he would have been wise to stay one more year. He could have bumped into 2 round easily if he had stayed.

Marcus Henry would have been nice, but I dont think he will be in the league very long. But, who knows?

Pablo
04-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah...and next year we should draft Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing and they can fight for the starting QB position. Probably better get every lineman, defensive and offensive from these two squads.

noa
04-27-2008, 10:28 PM
This thread is funny

Mecca
04-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Rucker doesn't fit, he's a straight receiver. The Chiefs needed guys that can block.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
I see a lot of people have taken my use of "gargle" to the next level. ROFL

Another genius thread from MarlboroChiefmanwillKKKyou.

jjchieffan
I wouldn't call him a star, but Brad Smith did start 9 games for the Jets last year.

Pablo
Rucker doesn't fit, he's a straight receiver. The Chiefs needed guys that can block.Why does that matter? He went to MU, that's only a couple hours from KC. By default, we should have drafted him. Henry was even more local, shouldn't have let him slip through out fingers.

HolyHandgernade
I'm trying to think of all the recent KU and MU stars in the league and I'm drawing a blank.

Probably the most recent for KU was Don Davis and for MU Justin Smith?

Dana Stubblefield?

-HH

eazyb81
04-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Well if Rich Baldinger said it (who?), it must be accurate.

:banghead:

Ari Chi3fs
04-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Damn the Royals should have Drafted Albert Pujols!

kcfan82
04-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Dana Stubblefield?

-HH

Don Davis started for the Pats a few years ago when they won a Super Bowl.

I played against him when he was at Olathe South. He was a friggin monster.

Adept Havelock
04-27-2008, 10:43 PM

Baldy also said it will take BA a YEAR to learn the speed of the game at RT. Enjoy.

Baldie took a few too many blows to the head, and I will enjoy. We won't win many games, but if we can start to develop these kids, it's a damn good foundation to build on.

eazyb81
04-27-2008, 10:47 PM
I played baseball with Dwayne Blakeley from Mizzou. He's made a nice little career for himself as a blocking TE.

KCJohnny
04-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Baldy is right. His analysis is spot on 99% of the time. Cottam is not as good as the KU TE who went in the 4th rd.

Brock
04-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Cottam is 6-8 270. I'd take a guess that he's going to be used for different purposes than Rucker or Fine.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 11:01 PM
I love T-Ruck, but the Chiefs made a good choice with Cottam. T will be an outstanding receiver, but Cottam has a chance to be a special player (if he stays healthy).

Bowser
04-27-2008, 11:19 PM
This draft was a complete failure. [/True Fan]

OmahaChief
04-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I love T-Ruck, but the Chiefs made a good choice with Cottam. T will be an outstanding receiver, but Cottam has a chance to be a special player (if he stays healthy).

And Rucker has not shot at being special? I have no idea where you are going with your train of thought on this one. Rucker was a heck of a blocker to go with his pass catching skills. Seems to be Rucker is basically Cottam only he actually saw the field. Don't get me wrong I like what I have heard about Cottam but from what I saw ON THE FIELD Rucker was the special one.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2008, 11:39 PM
And Rucker has not shot at being special? I have no idea where you are going with your train of thought on this one. Rucker was a heck of a blocker to go with his pass catching skills. Seems to be Rucker is basically Cottam only he actually saw the field. Don't get me wrong I like what I have heard about Cottam but from what I saw ON THE FIELD Rucker was the special one.Rucker was a decent blocker and a good receiver, but he doesn't have the size or speed of Cottam. Cottam could be a bust, but he could also be a prototype.

I like Coffman better than both.

Captain Obvious
04-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I know I like to get all of my football information from Rich Baldinger.

|Zach|
04-27-2008, 11:51 PM
I love Rucker but I don't think he is a good fit for the this team. The guy isn't a good blocker.

SNR
04-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Seriously, are you retarded? We have a great draft and all you're doing is sitting in a high chair in a diaper with your fingers in your ears yelling, "LALALALALALALA THE CHIEFS ARE BAD I CAN'T HEEEEAR YOOOOUUU!"

PastorMikH
04-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Yeah...and next year we should draft Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing and they can fight for the starting QB position. Probably better get every lineman, defensive and offensive from these two squads.

I love watching Chase play, but I don't think he'll make it in the NFL. He's got the heart and intelligence, but size is a problem. Mizzou lists him at about 6'0" but I've heard a number of people around Columbia say he's closer to 5'10". Seeing the field with 10 guys on the LOS at 6'6" and each weighing in at 300lbs each will make seeing the field more difficult for Chase than he currently has at MU.

Also, Chase has played this system since HS. I think that is a big help to him in moving MU down the field. Throw him into another system and he may not be as sucessful.

Now, I do HOPE he makes it in the pros, I just think it will be difficult for him to do.

PastorMikH
04-28-2008, 02:19 AM
I like Coffman better than both.

Yep. Coffman's name was heard a lot last year when Daniels NEEDED a play.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2008, 02:20 AM

Wow, even Rich Baldinger? Really?

I don't think I'm ever going to recover!

Rich Baldinger?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Stick to white supremacy and tobacco.

Football's out of your realm of comprehension

Extra Point
04-28-2008, 08:04 AM

You got that right. Coffman would be a great pick for the Chiefs next draft.

StcChief
04-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Phil Bradley...will he played ML Baseball.

El Jefe
04-28-2008, 09:17 AM

Rucker isn't a blocking TE, he is a pure pass catcing TE.

hawk217
04-28-2008, 11:00 AM
This is why none of you have a shot at being GMs, haha. What a ridiculous reason to draft. It's definitely a plus when you can pull a guy from the surrounding area, but it doesn't warrant reason for a pick. Rucker does not fit into our system, mainly cuz his blocking skills are not good. He is a spread offense, in line TE.

At every round, you evaluate your board and take the best player available. Everybody just need to calm down and realize KU and MU had one good season where they overachieved. That's the truth.

Pablo
04-28-2008, 11:13 AM
I love watching Chase play, but I don't think he'll make it in the NFL. He's got the heart and intelligence, but size is a problem. Mizzou lists him at about 6'0" but I've heard a number of people around Columbia say he's closer to 5'10". Seeing the field with 10 guys on the LOS at 6'6" and each weighing in at 300lbs each will make seeing the field more difficult for Chase than he currently has at MU.

Also, Chase has played this system since HS. I think that is a big help to him in moving MU down the field. Throw him into another system and he may not be as sucessful.

Now, I do HOPE he makes it in the pros, I just think it will be difficult for him to do.Oh...I was in no way shape or form close to being serious in that post. Daniel and Reesing are both spread offense hobbits with no NFL upside. They're the Big 12 versions of Colt Brennan.

Pablo
04-28-2008, 11:15 AM
This is why none of you have a shot at being GMs, haha. What a ridiculous reason to draft. It's definitely a plus when you can pull a guy from the surrounding area, but it doesn't warrant reason for a pick. Rucker does not fit into our system, mainly cuz his blocking skills are not good. He is a spread offense, in line TE.

At every round, you evaluate your board and take the best player available. Everybody just need to calm down and realize KU and MU had one good season where they overachieved. That's the truth.Aw damnit, I printed up a fancy resume and put on my Sunday best, you sure Clark won't even consider me for the job???

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 11:18 AM

His name is Daniel. No "s." Chase Daniel....:doh!:

bkkcoh
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM

I would agree if they were the best player for that position, but don't draft a local guys just because he is a local guy.

Drafting locals guys just because they are local isn't a good philosophy! :banghead:

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 11:22 AM

At every round, you evaluate your board and take the best player available. Everybody just need to calm down and realize KU and MU had one good season where they overachieved. That's the truth.

MU wins 12 games and destroyed a team in the "powerhouse" SEC and KU wins the Orange Bowl.

Yeah, we overachieved. Good call. LSU overachieved also. So did KU basketball.

Pablo
04-28-2008, 11:22 AM
His name is Daniel. No "s." Chase Daniel....:doh!:Whatever you say Mizzou_8541s.

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Whatever you say Mizzou_8541s.

No worries. Chase McDaniels and Todd Reesy overachieve anyway, right?

Pablo
04-28-2008, 11:31 AM
No worries. Chase McDaniels and Todd Reesy overachieves anyway, right?Todd Reesy is nice..but I really enjoy the good ol' Todd Reese's. As in the candy. That's my favorite.

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Todd Reesy is nice..but I really enjoy the good ol' Todd Reese's. As in the candy. That's my favorite.

ROFL

Pat Summerall must be in the house.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
This thread is funny

Yes it is, and it is good to see it not happening the way it used to.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Why does that matter? He went to MU, that's only a couple hours from KC. By default, we should have drafted him. Henry was even more local, shouldn't have let him slip through out fingers.

retart

Pablo
04-28-2008, 11:41 AM
retartWow..guess I should start ending most everything I post with /sarcasm.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 11:42 AM
This draft was a complete failure. [/True Fan]

Yep, no kickers or tight ends. Surely Kansas or Mizzou had a decent one of those, the Chiefs could have drafted.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Wow..guess I should start ending most everything I post with /sarcasm.

me too

PastorMikH
04-28-2008, 01:12 PM

Well excuuuuusssseeee me mr 44 posts. I was typing at like 3 am. You knew who I was talking about, that's good enough for me. But hey, if you like criticizing typos, feel free to search my post history, you'll probably find a few more since I don't view my posting on the planet as a high enough priority to have my secretary proof read for me.

Nothing like a nOOB trying to play spelling cop.:shake:

royr17
04-28-2008, 01:17 PM

Hey we can him whatever we want, Hell as far as Im concerned he's a dipshit, hehe.

markk
04-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey we can him whatever we want, Hell as far as Im concerned he's a dipshit, hehe.

says the guy who wanted us to spend a third on Booty

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-28-2008, 01:29 PM
i can't believe people take this guy seriosly.

PastorMikH
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey we can him whatever we want, Hell as far as Im concerned he's a dip, hehe.

Say, PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of that dipstick playing a football game on 11/24/07. I've already sent copies to all of my wife's family in KS, they loved it!

:)

royr17
04-28-2008, 01:41 PM
says the guy who wanted us to spend a third on Booty

I just have a problem with Mizzou players. Nothin against you.

royr17
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Say, PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of that dipstick playing a football game on 11/24/07. I've already sent copies to all of my wife's family in KS, they loved it!

:)

Well I dont like Mizzou so I could really give 2 cents about this guy, plus he's too small and wont ever be a quarterback in the NFL, but if he is then he wont be a starter, so enjoy him while he's at Mizzou.

aturnis
04-28-2008, 01:43 PM

Homer.

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Well excuuuuusssseeee me mr 44 posts. I was typing at like 3 am. You knew who I was talking about, that's good enough for me. But hey, if you like criticizing typos, feel free to search my post history, you'll probably find a few more since I don't view my posting on the planet as a high enough priority to have my secretary proof read for me.

Nothing like a nOOB trying to play spelling cop.:shake:

Not sure what being a "nOOB" has to do with correcting this misspelling of a man's name, but whatever.

And I wasn't necessarily correcting your spelling, it was more of a catagorical thing as it is misspelled so often (actually, misspoken).

How many posts do I need before I can become the spelling cop, BTW?:D

go bowe
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Not sure what being a "nOOB" has to do with correcting this misspelling of a man's name, but whatever.

And I wasn't necessarily correcting your spelling, it was more of a catagorical thing as it is misspelled so often (actually, misspoken).

How many posts do I need before I can become the spelling cop, BTW?:Doh, twenty thousand, more or less...

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Daniel needs to go to a team that runs a spread offense like New Orleans.

hawk217
04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
MU wins 12 games and destroyed a team in the "powerhouse" SEC and KU wins the Orange Bowl.

Yeah, we overachieved. Good call. LSU overachieved also. So did KU basketball.

Haha you are ridiculous in your claim. Arkansas never looked more pathetic in that game against MU, not the same team you saw beat LSU. Further, they do not have the sort of talent coming in which will sustain any sort of consistent excellence. And your statement relating LSU and KU basketball to MU and KU football is ignorant.

Don't let your fanhood blind your sports knowledge, it happens to me too.

hawk217
04-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Aw damnit, I printed up a fancy resume and put on my Sunday best, you sure Clark won't even consider me for the job???

haha nice. I'm no guru either. I'm a broke college student with false sense of credibility.

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Haha you are ridiculous in your claim. Arkansas never looked more pathetic in that game against MU, not the same team you saw beat LSU. Further, they do not have the sort of talent coming in which will sustain any sort of consistent excellence. And your statement relating LSU and KU basketball to MU and KU football is ignorant.

MU has 10 starters back on defense and 6 on offense to include two all-americans and a heisman candidate.

KU has many returning as well including a possible heisman QB, although my knowledge about them is considerably less. They will both challenge for the North and many experts are picking MU to be in the top 5 and KU in the top 20 and 15.

MU's recruiting class was ranked 24th and KU's 40th. Both higher than in previous years. I am not claiming either will win a national title, but both will be very competivie. The MU-KU game last year had the highest rating of any ESPN gameday segment and there is nothing but good things happening in both programs.

Your arguments lack credibilty and merit.

hawk217
04-28-2008, 04:08 PM
in order to keep up with the top programs, a consistent top 15 recruiting class is needed. I mean look how MU played against OU, close but not close enough. KU has lost considerable talent, and I feel their football success is a flash in a pan. The big 12 north is a joke and continues to be.

That's my opinion, you can whine about it if you want to.

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 04:17 PM
in order to keep up with the top programs, a consistent top 15 recruiting class is needed. I mean look how MU played against OU, close but not close enough. KU has lost considerable talent, and I feel their football success is a flash in a pan. The big 12 north is a joke and continues to be.

That's my opinion, you can whine about it if you want to.

Not whining. Just saying what many people a lot smarter than you and I are saying. Honestly, I am an MU fan but I hope that ours and KU's success isn't short lived. The rivalry is good for both programs and will do nothing except make us better. All signs are pointing that direction. I also disagree with your recruting statement. How many times has Florida State had one of the better recruiting programs in the last 5 years and nothing to show for it? A program needs system players to be successful.

afchiefs
04-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Well I dont like Mizzou so I could really give 2 cents about this guy, plus he's too small and wont ever be a quarterback in the NFL, but if he is then he wont be a starter, so enjoy him while he's at Mizzou.

SShhh! STFU New Orleans doesn't want Brees to know he's to short for the NFL.

afchiefs
04-28-2008, 04:24 PM

If your revering to MU you might want to research a little before spewing!

OnTheWarpath58
04-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Baldy is right. His analysis is spot on 99% of the time. Cottam is not as good as the KU TE who went in the 4th rd.

ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
04-28-2008, 04:34 PM
So I guess this means we're not winning the SB next year?

blueballs
04-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Mizzu

boogblaster
04-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Local talent comes cheap this time of the year ...

Skip Towne
04-29-2008, 10:28 AM

How many posts do I need before I can become the spelling cop, BTW?:D

acesn8s
04-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Cottam is 6-8 270. I'd take a guess that he's going to be used for different purposes than Rucker or Fine.
Look for the high pass in the corner of the endzone.