PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Herm out-scouted the entire NFL.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Say that out loud. Or just type it out.

It's truly amazing what they did. They out-scouted the entire NFL not just in rookies, but in what other teams wanted and were looking for (note how they beat the Eagles to Albert). They out-scouted them with small school players, they out-scouted Draft experts, they out-scouted everybody.

Merritt's the perfect example. Everybody who heard about Central Florida watched their games for Kevin Smith. But the Chiefs watched the games, and they came away with a high opinion of a blocking tight end with a massive frame that nobody else in the NFL even acknowledged existed.

Carr as a 5th rounder looks like amazing value for one of the best CBs to have played in DII over the last decade or so, and has the measurables to compete in the NFL.

This is just a great weekend for Chiefs fans. A time not to just enjoy your team but to be proud of them. Who the hell knew Herm was capable of this?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 12:32 AM
new tag added.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 12:34 AM
new tag added.
direckshun=bipolar?
Hey, I liked our Draft!

I didn't like the Albert pick and I thought the Flowers pick was risky, but I believe our Draft was above average and one of the best in the entire league!

Jackass.

I'm scouting you and taking all your pet choices in next year's mock.

Mr Luzcious
04-28-2008, 01:05 AM
You know.. its not just Herm. I think the chiefs just put a lot more effort into scouting than usual this year. As a whole.. not just him.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2008, 01:09 AM
You know.. its not just Herm. I think the chiefs just put a lot more effort into scouting than usual this year. As a whole.. not just him.

Well, you would be wrong.

It's been made public that Clark Hunt handed the keys of the draft (and possibly the franchise) over to Herm.

This was HIS draft. Not "Hot" Carl's. Not Kuharich.

Herm's.

Mr. Scout.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 01:11 AM
I just want to say that the Chiefs took several players that I was on for months...

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2008, 01:16 AM
I just want to say that the Chiefs took several players that I was on for months...

Was it good for them while you were "on them"?

Or just for you?

Just giving you crap. Great job (unlike Direckshun, whose cu*nt is still sore)

Mecca
04-28-2008, 01:17 AM
He's taking the Flowers character thing way to seriously, it was a picture, it wasn't like he punched a cop in the head.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2008, 01:18 AM
He's taking the Flowers character thing way to seriously, it was a picture, it wasn't like he punched a cop in the head.

And his tits are sore from the Albert trade

CrazyPhuD
04-28-2008, 02:23 AM
Wow I'm really liking some of our picks. I was most curious/disappointed about the DE part of the draft. However after reading this tidbit about our 7th round DE I'm very curious what will happen. If only KC had a tradition of developing these small school DE's....:D Athletic numbers seem interesting...well that and 1/3 of his tackles last year were behind the line of scrimmage(24/74).

Gardner-Webb product Brian Johnston, a rising prospect for this April's NFL Draft, wowed scouts at his first workout Saturday. Working out at San Diego State for a handful of NFL scouts, Johnston showed exactly why he is one of the top defensive end prospects heading into April's annual draft. Measuring in at 6-foot-5, 274 pounds, Johnston ran his first 40-yard dash in 4.66 seconds. Johnston's 40-yard dash time would have been the fourth best at the NFL combine for defensive ends, and the best for any lineman weighing more than 260 pounds. Johnston's most impressive stat from the 40-yard dash came with a very strong 1.51-second time through the first 10 yards, an important time with regards to a players quickness. By comparison, Johnston's 10-yard split was the same as Arkansas' running back Darren McFadden turned in at the Combine earlier this year. Johnston pulled off an impressive 35-inch vertical leap as well on Saturday, which would have ranked second among defensive linemen at the NFL Scouting Combine - and best for a player of his size. The most impressive result overall, however, may have been Johnston's time in the 20-yard shuttle. He turned in a 4.18-second time, which is better than any lineman at the NFL's Scouting Combine. In fact, the 4.18-second time was faster than any running back at the event - with Illinois' Rashard Mendenhall the only back to match that time. - Shelby Star

Short Leash Hootie
04-28-2008, 04:42 AM
C+

Otter
04-28-2008, 04:57 AM
Herm may have a game plan.

I'm a little cynical because of the last 20 years but that was a good weekend for the Chiefs.

MahiMike
04-28-2008, 05:33 AM
I'd say day 1 was as good as they could get. 3 guys that'll start. Few teams get that. Of course, you need to be a 4-12 teams to find 3 starters in the draft.

The other 9 picks will undoubtedly get some practice teams guys. Maybe 2 will make the team. Which begs the question: Why not trade 5 of those picks for Jason Taylor?

King_Chief_Fan
04-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Herm should be a scout or take CP's job or Bill K.'s job. I still don't want or like him as HC.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2008, 06:42 AM
The other 9 picks will undoubtedly get some practice teams guys. Maybe 2 will make the team. Which begs the question: Why not trade 5 of those picks for Jason Taylor?

I'll bet at most 2 of them don't make the team in some capacity. 10 of these guys make the squad, IMO (possibly even 11).

All of the first 6 make the squad. Franklin and Robertson make it as a slot WR and KR respectively.

So of Richardson, Carr, Merrit and the DE (Anderson?) I think 2 of 'em make the squad, 2 don't. My guess would be that Merrit and Carr don't make the cut, but it's close on Carr.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Just giving you crap. Great job (unlike Direckshun, whose cu*nt is still sore)

And his tits are sore from the Albert trade

Nice.

Stryker
04-28-2008, 07:16 AM

It's truly amazing what they did. They out-scouted the entire NFL not just in rookies, but in what other teams wanted and were looking for (note how they beat the Eagles to Albert). They out-scouted them with small school players, they out-scouted Draft experts, they out-scouted everybody.

Merritt's the perfect example. Everybody who heard about Central Florida watched their games for Kevin Smith. But the Chiefs watched the games, and they came away with a high opinion of a blocking tight end with a massive frame that nobody else in the NFL even acknowledged existed.

Carr as a 5th rounder looks like amazing value for one of the best CBs to have played in DII over the last decade or so, and has the measurables to compete in the NFL.

This is just a great weekend for Chiefs fans. A time not to just enjoy your team but to be proud of them. Who the hell knew Herm was capable of this?

Agreed! :clap:

Hoover
04-28-2008, 07:28 AM
The best thing Herm and Co did was draft Johnston in the 7th. I'm sure he reads the Planet and knows it doesn't matter who goes first as long as there is some long shot we can root for like Joe Hall, Terd, and so on.

:d

Just kidding love that pick

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 07:31 AM
The best thing Herm and Co did was draft Johnston in the 7th. I'm sure he reads the Planet and knows it doesn't matter who goes first as long as there is some long shot we can root for like Joe Hall, Terd, and so on.

:d

Just kidding love that pick
If he doesn't know it, he'll know it soon.

KcMizzou
04-28-2008, 07:37 AM
I'd say day 1 was as good as they could get. 3 guys that'll start. Few teams get that. Of course, you need to be a 4-12 teams to find 3 starters in the draft.

The other 9 picks will undoubtedly get some practice teams guys. Maybe 2 will make the team. Which begs the question: Why not trade 5 of those picks for Jason Taylor?With all due respect, you're nuts. Most, if not all, of those guys will make the team.

Hoover
04-28-2008, 07:43 AM
With all due respect, you're nuts. Most, if not all, of those guys will make the team.
I agree. This isn't a DV draft where only the top picks make the team. Look at Herm's past drafts, those dudes make the team.

Hoover
04-28-2008, 07:47 AM
In fact in Herm's last 2 drafts only 2 5th round picks are still not with the Chiefs. Maxey and that stupid kicker.

Dave Lane
04-28-2008, 07:52 AM
OK everyone take a breath. We haven't won anything yet there is NO idea how ANY of these guys will turn out. Tennessee which I thought had the worst draft in recent history could turn out to be the big winner.

So far the draft picks while I really like them have just been good picks thay have yet to touch the field. I also would like everyone in the draft room to get credit as Herm was just one voice. This will be his first really good draft as far as we can tell.

Dave

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2008, 07:58 AM
OK everyone take a breath. We haven't won anything yet there is NO idea how ANY of these guys will turn out. Tennessee which I thought had the worst draft in recent history could turn out to be the big winner.

So far the draft picks while I really like them have just been goodpics thay have yet to touch the field. I also would like everyone in the draft room to get credit as Herm was just one voice. This will be his first really good draft as far as we can tell.

Dave

I think the credit is spread around but a lot, IMO, goes to Bill Kuharich.

El Jefe
04-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Took a big step forward in rebuilding in this draft.

Delano
04-28-2008, 08:21 AM
I'll bet at most 2 of them don't make the team in some capacity. 10 of these guys make the squad, IMO (possibly even 11).

All of the first 6 make the squad. Franklin and Robertson make it as a slot WR and KR respectively.

So of Richardson, Carr, Merrit and the DE (Anderson?) I think 2 of 'em make the squad, 2 don't. My guess would be that Merrit and Carr don't make the cut, but it's close on Carr.

Merritt will be given every chance to be the blocking TE since there really isn't another option.

Carry three tight ends - Gonzalez, Cottam, Merritt. However, if Cottam can develop his blocking skills, he kills all need of a third, blocking TE.

Herm really likes Carr and I bet he makes the 53 man roster on physical ability alone.

With the depth situation at DE, I really wonder if Johnston makes it as a situational pass-rusher.

Richardson is a lock, IMO. Big guy that just needs a little motivation.

BigRedChief
04-28-2008, 08:25 AM
In fact in Herm's last 2 drafts only 2 5th round picks are still not with the Chiefs. Maxey and that stupid kicker.
They may be with the team but they are not starters.

The 2006 draft produced Hali and Page and maybe Croyle if he pans out.

2007 we got Bowe and thats it.

The rest are now backups. And in the 2008 3rd round we took more backups.

2008 - picking that high we have to get some quality staarters and looks like we got 4 good ones and a couple of maybes.

Mr Luzcious
04-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Well, you would be wrong.

It's been made public that Clark Hunt handed the keys of the draft (and possibly the franchise) over to Herm.

This was HIS draft. Not "Hot" Carl's. Not Kuharich.

Herm's.

Mr. Scout.

Well, there you go then, my bad.

Phobia
04-28-2008, 08:29 AM
OK everyone take a breath. We haven't won anything yet there is NO idea how ANY of these guys will turn out.

No kidding. There's still developmental and contractual issues. We won't know how this draft really worked for 3-4 years. Though, I'm pretty sure the LSU product is a safe bet, heh.

StcChief
04-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm glad 'the King' had little influence in draft.... looks like Bill/Herm did their homework, let's hope 1/2 or more of picks pan out.

DT Fan
04-28-2008, 08:34 AM

So if the Chiefs knew what everyone else wanted and they found a kid that no one else knew existed, why did they waste a 7th round pick on him instead of bringing him in as an undrafted free agent and using the pick on someone that another NFL team might compete for?

Just sayin...

the Talking Can
04-28-2008, 08:36 AM
So if the Chiefs knew what everyone else wanted and they found a kid that no one else knew existed, why did they waste a 7th round pick on him instead of bringing him in as an undrafted free agent and using the pick on someone that another NFL team might compete for?

Just sayin...

becuase a 7th is worth the guarantee of getting him...

and you're nitpicking to an absurd degree....just sayin...

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2008, 08:36 AM
With the depth situation at DE, I really wonder if Johnston makes it as a situational pass-rusher.

I think Johnston makes it. Both Allen and Wilkerson are gone and I'm not sold on Boone switching to DE.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:42 AM
When I spoke to Brian Billick in Baghdad in February, he spoke very respectfully of Herman Edwards and said he is one of the best coaches in the NFL and that the Chiefs had the right man for this period in their franchise history. I think Herm's going to be in KC for a decade or more.

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2008, 09:46 AM
When I spoke to Brian Billick in Baghdad in February, he spoke very respectfully of Herman Edwards and said he is one of the best coaches in the NFL and that the Chiefs had the right man for this period in their franchise history. I think Herm's going to be in KC for a decade or more.

I'm one of the few who like Herm, but did you really expect Billick to badmouth anyone on a trip to Iraq?

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm one of the few who like Herm, but did you really expect Billick to badmouth anyone on a trip to Iraq?

He was very candid. I mean, he's a millionare with ZERO in common with us dog faces, but he was warm and sincere. He openly praised Herm and I thought he meant it. It was not during an autograph session or a speech. We ate breakfast together in the little chow hall.

Fish
04-28-2008, 09:52 AM

LMAO

Well son..... you might as well tapdance on an IED tomorrow, cause Edwards is a bum and he'll never win you shit. Dumbest damn coach I've ever known. Well...... anyway, thanks for your service in our armed forces!

Chief_in_Commander
04-28-2008, 10:01 AM
They may be with the team but they are not starters.

The 2006 draft produced Hali and Page and maybe Croyle if he pans out.

2007 we got Bowe and thats it.

The rest are now backups. And in the 2008 3rd round we took more backups.

2008 - picking that high we have to get some quality staarters and looks like we got 4 good ones and a couple of maybes.

From 06 i'm pretty sure that Pollard is a starter and Webb is definitley going to compete for 2nd/3rd wr spot.

DT Fan
04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
becuase a 7th is worth the guarantee of getting him...

and you're nitpicking to an absurd degree....just sayin...

I was just playing because of the bad logic in the post. If they knew what everyone else was doing and knew that no one else had heard of our last pick (both of which are alleged in the post), than there was no reason to use one of the picks on him.

I think they did a great job in the draft, but the logic in the post was a bit silly.

vailpass
04-28-2008, 10:10 AM
No kidding. There's still developmental and contractual issues. We won't know how this draft really worked for 3-4 years. Though, I'm pretty sure the LSU product is a safe bet, heh.

Congrats on a nice draft. I was just reading on Yahoo that a dark spot on Dorsey's leg x-ray gave some NFL doctors concern that it might be more than a stress fracture. Read somewhere else that it might be something that requires surgery down the line.
They said that was why Dorsey fell to #5.
Of course just because you read it on the intertubes doesn't necessarily mean its true.

Have you heard anything about this?

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Congrats on a nice draft. I was just reading on Yahoo that a dark spot on Dorsey's leg x-ray gave some NFL doctors concern that it might be more than a stress fracture. Read somewhere else that it might be something that requires surgery down the line.
They said that was why Dorsey fell to #5.
Of course just because you read it on the intertubes doesn't necessarily mean its true.

Have you heard anything about this?

I am fairly certain that both his legs are dark.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 10:26 AM

Wow, Ed, you should be a scout!

vailpass
04-28-2008, 10:26 AM

ROFL
Guess I should have quoted the article since I don't seem to be able to typw without putting my foot in my mouth. I like the parts about Mssrs. Nagurski, Lombardi and Outland:

"So I don't know what we should believe about Glenn Dorsey's leg. Mr. X-ray machine is probably not lying about the dark spot on the X-ray, and some GMs are concerned about it, according to STLtoday.com. Dorsey says he suffered a stress fracture there in his junior year when he banged it against something in the weight room, but that he played two years with the injury, and it never bothered him.

He also suffered a sprain of the right knee last year, but again, he never missed a game, and says it's not an issue. Backing Dorsey up on this are the Nagurski (best defensive player), Lombardi (best lineman or linebacker), and Outland (best interior lineman) awards on his mantle.

Two things concern me about Dorsey. One, it's a stress fracture, and Dorsey says he suffered it while banging into something in the weight room. That's not what a stress fracture is. Stress fractures are caused by repetitive motions.

And two, there were too many times last year where Dorsey went for long stretches of a game being pretty blockable. He made as many spectacular, eye-popping plays as any defensive lineman you can mention, but there were also a lot of times when he'd disappear for a good stretch of the game."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Vital-draft-body-parts-Glenn-Dorsey-s-right-leg?urn=nfl,78102

Hoover
04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
so he's your new Gunter?

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 10:48 AM
I'd like to hear Herm's view on fixing the economy... healthcare and border control. Maybe he should run for President.

dj56dt58
04-28-2008, 10:53 AM
We had a great draft..hopefully it will translate onto the field soon

Chief_in_Commander
04-28-2008, 10:54 AM
I'd like to hear Herm's view on fixing the economy... healthcare and border control. Maybe he should run for President.

:shake:

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 10:59 AM
ROFL
Guess I should have quoted the article since I don't seem to be able to typw without putting my foot in my mouth. I like the parts about Mssrs. Nagurski, Lombardi and Outland:

Just having fun, it is ****ing snowing here!

vailpass
04-28-2008, 11:06 AM

No sh*t? Snowing? Heavy stuff or flurries?

Coach
04-28-2008, 11:14 AM

I would love to see what's your pick-by-pick grade, like I provided mine at this thread. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183909&page=3)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4721330&postcount=45

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 11:32 AM
:shake:

Settle down, nOOb... enjoy the sarcasm.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Why the sudden change, Direckshun? I thought you gave our draft grade a C+?

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 11:36 AM

He's off the meds...

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
No sh*t? Snowing? Heavy stuff or flurries?

Just wet flurries, nothing is going to stick. In fact, it has turned to just a drizzle now. Gotta cover the tulips up tonight though, it is supposed to freeze!

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I thought we had an unbelievably great second day. Every pick I loved.

The first day was a mixed bag. But it was the second day that Herm turned the screws on the Draft.

Overall it's a high B with far and away the best second day in the league.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 11:45 AM

My impression, that was the first day grade, due to giving up picks to get to Albert.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-28-2008, 11:48 AM

Snowing?

75 and sunny down by the beach.

:shrug:

aturnis
04-28-2008, 11:50 AM

I understand your point, it's a picture...but, it's what the picture says. I am a big play in a college coke ring. Look at all this money that is not legit, and the little bag of coke we have here. Look at how cool we are...this, this is cool.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Snowing?

75 and sunny down by the beach.

:shrug:

Yep, it is miserable out here. Thanks to Herm and the crew for speading a little sunshine.

vailpass
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Just wet flurries, nothing is going to stick. In fact, it has turned to just a drizzle now. Gotta cover the tulips up tonight though, it is supposed to freeze!

Stay warm, Spring is just around the corner. :)

FringeNC
04-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Funny to say Herm out-scouted the rest of the NFL when the reason we are thrilled is that the Chiefs for once picked according to consensus/composite draft boards. We had a good draft because for ONCE we didn't TRY to out-scout the rest of the NFL. Someone, and I am guessing Clark Hunt, was able to hold Carl's ego in check, and not let him **** it up with his genius.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 12:23 PM
My impression, that was the first day grade, due to giving up picks to get to Albert.
Right. I wasn't crazy about Albert -- I think he's a great player, I just didn't think he was worth it for us. But then again, I always reserve the right to be wrong.

I was also sketchy about the Flowers pick. I graded him as 1st round talent, but then he emerged as a very serious character concern.

Couldn't complain about the Dorsey pick.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I understand your point, it's a picture...but, it's what the picture says. I am a big play in a college coke ring. Look at all this money that is not legit, and the little bag of coke we have here. Look at how cool we are...this, this is cool.
Right. Mecca and I have disagreed with this for a couple days now, and it's a well taken point.

Mecca says the guy's clean, it was a stupid prank, it's not like he was hurting anybody.

I say, on the other side, that the picture was put up during Draft season and exhibits some extremely bad decision-making.

If he keeps his nose clean, and if Albert makes a good conversion to OT, this was a grand slam.

alanm
04-28-2008, 12:29 PM

While that's all nice and everything. The bottom line is..
Can they play?

blueballs
04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
They had two first rounders(5 - 15) and a boat load of high round picks
they could afford to be choosey -that makes a dif
last couple of years was low mid picks

Hydrae
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Merritt will be given every chance to be the blocking TE since there really isn't another option.

Carry three tight ends - Gonzalez, Cottam, Merritt. However, if Cottam can develop his blocking skills, he kills all need of a third, blocking TE.

Herm really likes Carr and I bet he makes the 53 man roster on physical ability alone.

Richardson is a lock, IMO. Big guy that just needs a little motivation.

Um, Michael Allan?

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't really know what to make of Allan.

The guy seemed to play well in last year's preseason. Made a few really hard catches.

Only explanation I can think of is that the Chiefs are going to be running a buttload of 2-TE sets and they need as many as four TEs to keep the offense fresh.

Tony G -- #1 receiver, can block
Cottam -- #2 receiver, can block
Allan -- pure receiver
Merritt -- #1 blocker

???

38yrsfan
04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Obviously no single player is a sure-thing and after watching more drafts than I hate to acknowledge - I think/feel/hope that this years' selections have considerable potential.

Hopefully we'll never see the team in a situation again where Dorsey is in the position to catch a TD.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Herm is one of the best at evaluating talent, period. He just isn't a HC.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Obviously no single player is a sure-thing and after watching more drafts than I hate to acknowledge - I think/feel/hope that this years' selections have considerable potential.

Hopefully we'll never see the team in a situation again where Dorsey is in the position to catch a TD.
Yeah, I'd rather have Dorsey lined up in an I-formation. ;)

Delano
04-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Um, Michael Allan?

I thought about that as well, but Michael Allan is only really comparable to Cottam and they aren't going to take Allan over the third rounder IMO.

Merritt could be VERY valuable in Gailey's offense, as has been noted here.

I think Allan is the odd man out right now.

Buehler445
04-28-2008, 06:33 PM

Yeah dude, it snowed here on Saturday for like 4 damn hours :cuss:. It was a high of thirty ****ing three. I was pretty furious. 75 and sunny now though:)

Mecca
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Allan probably won't be on the team, generally to carry a TE that is a pure receiver like that he has to be great at getting open and creating mismatches....

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah dude, it snowed here on Saturday for like 4 damn hours :cuss:. It was a high of thirty ****ing three. I was pretty furious. 75 and sunny now though:)Looking forward to June and July!

Deberg_1990
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Great,

So when is Herm going to start outcoaching 31 other teams??

Mecca
04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I would love to see what's your pick-by-pick grade, like I provided mine at this thread. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183909&page=3)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4721330&postcount=45

Put it this way.....

As Direckshun told me, I'm pretty much married to this draft class at this point, if these guys don't pan out I'll never hear the end of it.

FAX
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
None of this has changed my mind about Hermoine or CP. In fact, it reinforces my firm belief that Hermine belongs in a scouting role. Nevertheless, this was a fabulous draft for the Chiefs. Tons of talent at key positions and, from all accounts, great value in the lower rounds. For a Chiefs fan, this was probably the highest point in the last several years. I'm looking forward to seeing how these guys perform. I pray that at least a couple of these guys kick Donk ass for us for years to come.

FAX

Basileus777
04-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Put it this way.....

As Direckshun told me, I'm pretty much married to this draft class at this point, if these guys don't pan out I'll never hear the end of it.

So you're going to have to defend this draft class all season? That will be quite a turn around.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 06:54 PM
So you're going to have to defend this draft class all season? That will be quite a turn around.

When you talk about guys like DaJuan Morgan and Barry Richardson in January and then the team actually drafts them...

Basileus777
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
None of this has changed my mind about Hermoine or CP. In fact, it reinforces my firm belief that Hermine belongs in a scouting role. Nevertheless, this was a fabulous draft for the Chiefs. Tons of talent at key positions and, from all accounts, great value in the lower rounds. For a Chiefs fan, this was probably the highest point in the last several years. I'm looking forward to seeing how these guys perform. I pray that at least a couple of these guys kick Donk ass for us for years to come.

FAX

Hermoine? You're in the wrong thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183640