PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Expectations

Chiefs=Good
04-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Wow, what a Draft!!! Like a few have said Herm Kuharich and *ahem*...carl... really did a great job and are really going to give one all mighty crack at this rebuild, build through the draft strategy.

However now with such a great group of picks have your expectations changed? And would 4-12 be a very disappointing year...?

In my opinion no, but perhaps others think differently...

MahiMike
04-28-2008, 05:45 AM
Have to admit that it's one of their better drafts on day 1. 3 picks in 1st round better pan out. It was great that they got Albert 10 picks later than where I was afraid he'd be picked.

The draft is still way overrated. How the hell can they pay these children so much money before they play a down? I'd rather they package all of day 2's picks for Jason Taylor or some other PROVEN guy...

raybec 4
04-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Have to admit that it's one of their better drafts on day 1. 3 picks in 1st round better pan out. It was great that they got Albert 10 picks later than where I was afraid he'd be picked.

The draft is still way overrated. How the hell can they pay these children so much money before they play a down? I'd rather they package all of day 2's picks for Jason Taylor or some other PROVEN guy...

That would be the stupidest possible thing they could do. They went 4-12 with JA, who is better than Taylor, what the hell would make you think they could do better with a guy who only has a couple of years left in him. That kind of goes against the entire rebuild philosophy.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 08:02 AM
I can't believe they did it, but the Chiefs found five starters, maybe six if Franklin pans out. Maybe even more.

Dorsey -- starter
Albert -- starter
Flowers -- starter
Charles -- #2 RB
Cottam -- #2 TE
Morgan -- starter
Franklin -- slot
Carr -- #3 CB
Richardson -- starter
Robinson -- KR/PR
Johnston -- #3 DE
Merritt -- practice squad

KcMizzou
04-28-2008, 08:04 AM
The draft is still way overrated. How the hell can they pay these children so much money before they play a down? I'd rather they package all of day 2's picks for Jason Taylor or some other PROVEN guy...:doh!:

No offense man, but just the thought of that makes my head hurt.

Scaga
04-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm not counting "carl" into this equation until we get them signed. We rarely get ONE 1st round pick signed in time. Now we've got the #5 pick that is going to want to be paid like the #1-#2 pick, in addition to a #15 pick that most thought might go in the top 10. I won't even mention our 2nd round pick that I thought would go in the first round.

This is going to take a miracle to have these guys in camp on time.

I guess weirder things have happened.

Fish
04-28-2008, 09:04 AM

:banghead:

:shake:

noa
04-28-2008, 09:09 AM
I can't believe they did it, but the Chiefs found five starters, maybe six if Franklin pans out. Maybe even more.

Dorsey -- starter
Albert -- starter
Flowers -- starter
Charles -- #2 RB
Cottam -- #2 TE
Morgan -- starter
Franklin -- slot
Carr -- #3 CB
Richardson -- starter
Robinson -- KR/PR
Johnston -- #3 DE
Merritt -- practice squad

You're all over the place man. Morgan is a starter here but a backup in your thread in the draft lounge.

StcChief
04-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Clark better cut loose the purse a bit to get this team gellin' together early.

OR the fans/media will say... Draft and not sign?

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2008, 09:11 AM
I'd rather they package all of day 2's picks for Jason Taylor or some other PROVEN guy...

The intelligence of anyone who wants to trade 9 picks for a 33 year old DE is overrated.

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2008, 09:12 AM
You're all over the place man. Morgan is a starter here but a backup in your thread in the draft lounge.

He's gotta cover all the bases. He'll be right.... somewhere.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I think 1 discrepency out of 12 picks is forgivable.

For the record I think he's an eventual starter, but not a starter in 2008.

Stryker
04-28-2008, 09:29 AM
I think this was an awesome draft! Do I expect us to go to the playoffs - naah. This is a foundation that is still being built upon and a dismal season like 2007 would not offend me. I think it will be 2010 before things turn around in the W -L column.

Rausch
04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't think the defense (this year) is better without Allen but I think the team is as a whole. As long as we stay healthy there's no reason to expect less than a 6-10 season.

Most of the people we lost in the offseason contributed little anyway. Weigman sucked, Kennison was hurt all year, Flowers can fall down and get burned as easy as Law, and any rookie can catch the ball and fall down like Parker.

Pablo
04-28-2008, 10:19 AM

The draft is still way overrated. How the hell can they pay these children so much money before they play a down? I'd rather they package all of day 2's picks for Jason Taylor or some other PROVEN guy...Yeah, and maybe we can lure Brett Favre outta retirement. Nothing like experience. Better stock up on Metamucil, shredded wheat, and prune juice for training camp. We should really consider bringing Neil Smith and Nick Lowery back too. Experience abound..now those guys are proven.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-28-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't think the defense (this year) is better without Allen but I think the team is as a whole. As long as we stay healthy there's no reason to expect less than a 6-10 season.

Most of the people we lost in the offseason contributed little anyway. Weigman sucked, Kennison was hurt all year, Flowers can fall down and get burned as easy as Law, and any rookie can catch the ball and fall down like Parker.

But I've never seen a rook celebrate like Samie.

beach tribe
04-28-2008, 10:30 AM

Is this a joke?

Pablo
04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Is this a joke?It's not a very funny one.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-28-2008, 12:45 PM

ya, because no player picked after the 3rd round has ever contributed in the NFL....typical "true fan"?

CupidStunt
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
2-14 to 5-11.

Weak QB, young, inexperienced and shaky OL, lack of WR talent, lack of pass-rush, very young secondary.

It's all about building a foundation. Get guys like Franklin experience as a slot receiver so the QB has another weapon. Cottam as a blocker and red-zone threat. Flowers as a No. 1 CB. Then load up again in 2009.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 12:59 PM
2-14 to 5-11.

Weak QB, young, inexperienced and shaky OL, lack of WR talent, lack of pass-rush, very young secondary.

It's all about building a foundation. Get guys like Franklin experience as a slot receiver so the QB has another weapon. Cottam as a blocker and red-zone threat. Flowers as a No. 1 CB. Then load up again in 2009.
I'm going to love this team in the Red Zone.

Bowe, Gonzalez, Webb, and 6'8" Cottam running routes into the endzone.

Pestilence
04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
This season is all going to fall on the back of Brodie. I still don't see us winning more than 6 games though.

Coogs
04-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm actually think we are going to be in the 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 range this season. It really seems to me Clark is holding everyone accountable for everything now. He even went to meetings on drafting players to learn/evaluate how our scouts and player personal people are doing. And it looks like they all earned passing grades this April/off-season.

I expect the coaching to be much improved this year as well. With so many young guys on the team, and incredible amout of coaching is going to have to take place... and quite possibly more learning by the players. Sometimes veterans just "show up" if you know what I mean.

And I think haveing Croyle as the number 1 QB from day one will do nothing but help this team. I personally feel like the "fair competition" created by Green's departure was not a good thing for the Chiefs.

And no I will not be totally surprised or disappointed if we do finish at 4-12 or so, but I just have a feeling that we have bottomed out and are going to be pleasently surprised by this team this fall.