PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Imagine this O line

tooge
04-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I know I am being optimistic here, but it isn't too farfetched to think that this line could be a very good one.

LT Brandon Albert
LG Brian Waters
C Rudy Nieswanger (or Wade)
RG Barry Richardson
RT Damion Macintosh (or Herb Taylor)

This would be one badass drive blocking line for Herm's running game

eazyb81
04-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Herm has already said they see Richardson as a RT.

Brock
04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
There's going to be a ton of student body right this year.

Short Leash Hootie
04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
we're on the right track...

el borracho
04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I like to imagine this line:
Oher
Albert
Waters
Niswanger
Richardson

Of course, that can't happen until next year.

Blindside58
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't know why, But it drives me nuts that you started with Left tackle at the top and right tackle at the bottom.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Don't forget the 2 TE sets and (hopefully) a real FB.

StcChief
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
MacIntosh/Taylor RG?

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Dam.Mac. is part of the problem.

El Jefe
04-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I know I am being optimistic here, but it isn't too farfetched to think that this line could be a very good one.

LT Brandon Albert
LG Brian Waters
RG Barry Richardson

Im with you, I really think this is going to be a dang good line IMO.

aturnis
04-28-2008, 01:25 PM
More like...

LT Brandon Albert
LG Brian Waters
C Rudy Niswanger
RG Damion Macintosh
RT Barry Richardson(or Herb Taylor)

The right tackle position is where the most competition will be. Interested to see where they decide to place people.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
can mac even play guard at a decent level? seems he isn't a power blocker. i'd rather go with young guys and have big barry at RT and try herb at RG.

Frankie
04-28-2008, 01:41 PM

LT Brandon Albert
LG Brian Waters
RG Barry Richardson

Why? There are three untested linemen there. How are you so sure?

aturnis
04-28-2008, 01:41 PM
MacIntosh:

Miami (2004-06): Opened 43 games, starting 41 contests at left tackle and two at right guard.

Well...either it's good b/c he has some experience there.
Bad b/c he didn't work there.
Or alright b/c he's was just too good at LT.

Jenson71
04-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Imagine this O line:

LT Bob Skoronski
LG Fuzzy Thurston
C Jim Ringo
RG Jerry Kramer
RT Forrest Gregg

tomahawk kid
04-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Imagine this O line:

LT Bob Skoronski
LG Fuzzy Thurston
C Jim Ringo
RG Jerry Kramer
RT Forrest Gregg

Power Sweep bitches!!

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I see it playing out....

LT Albert, McIntosh
LG Waters, McDuffie
C Niswanger, Smith
RG Taylor, McIntosh
TR Richardson, Taylor

Ari Chi3fs
04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
with 2 rooks on the line... Brodie is gonna get pummeled. heh. 2009 after a bit of seasoning... better. But next year, oh man... run for your life, Brodie.

Fire Me Boy!
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Imagine this O line:

LT Bob Skoronski
LG Fuzzy Thurston
C Jim Ringo
RG Jerry Kramer
RT Forrest Gregg
Imagine this one:

LT Willie Roaf
LG Brian Waters
C Casey Weigman
RG Will Shields
RT John Tait

Oh... we can dream.

dj56dt58
04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Imagine this one:

LT Willie Roaf
LG Brian Waters
C Casey Weigman
RG Will Shields
RT John Tait

Oh... we can dream.

Or pop in a 2003 Chiefs DVD

Hoover
04-28-2008, 02:29 PM
All of you who think MacIntosh will not find a starting spot on the oline are nuts.

xbarretx
04-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Im with you, I really think this is going to be a dang good line IMO.

i concur :thumb:

Stewie
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I don't know why, But it drives me nuts that you started with Left tackle at the top and right tackle at the bottom.

It's because they're driving left to right across your radio dial.

Fruit Ninja
04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
with 2 rooks on the line... Brodie is gonna get pummeled. heh. 2009 after a bit of seasoning... better. But next year, oh man... run for your life, Brodie.

Its not like he's not used of it. lol

Mr. Arrowhead
04-28-2008, 02:55 PM
i hope richardson wins the starting RT spot, if so then we are in great shape with our starting Oline. We can just move Mac to guard. The only problem right now is depth and that is where we can that in next years draft. right now i see it like this

LT- Alberts
LG- Waters
C- Niswanger
RG-Mac
RT- Richardson

BigMeatballDave
04-28-2008, 03:02 PM
with 2 rooks on the line... Brodie is gonna get pummeled. heh. 2009 after a bit of seasoning... better. But next year, oh man... run for your life, Brodie.Won't be any worse than last season.

tooge
04-28-2008, 03:41 PM

I didn't say i was sure. I said it wouldn't be too farfetched if this line was a good one. It could also be a crappy one. If Albert pans out, Rudy wasn't bad when he played last year, waters is waters, and Mac should be better than adequate at right tackle. Then, if Richardson is the mauler they say he is, I am just saying it COULD be a pretty good line.

Stewie
04-28-2008, 04:12 PM
What are the chances they turn one of their tight end picks into a lineman? I think that possibility is there with either Cottam or Merritt. Waters was a tight end in college and morphed into a great line player.

jAZ
04-28-2008, 04:15 PM
LT Damion Macintosh
LG Brian Waters
C Rudy Niswanger
RG Brandon Albert
RT Barry Richardson

eazyb81
04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
LT Damion Macintosh
LG Brian Waters
C Rudy Niswanger
RG Brandon Albert
RT Barry Richardson

Herm has said a few times now that Albert is our left tackle.

CupidStunt
04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Albert's too talented and athletic to play guard. You HAVE to start him at tackle and see how he handles the power rushers in the NFL (he'll have no problems destroying speed rushers).

OnTheWarpath58
04-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I see it playing out....

LT Albert, McIntosh
LG Waters, McDuffie
C Niswanger, Smith
RG Taylor, McIntosh
TR Richardson, Taylor

I hope that's EXACTLY how it works out.

tooge
04-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I hope that's EXACTLY how it works out.

Pretty close to what I started it with. I really think there could be some hope for this offense this season, even if it is mainly rushing 50 times a game. They still need some more depth, but with Wade Smith, Svitek, and possibly a guy or two from free agency, there seems to be hope.

Valiant
04-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Don't forget the 2 TE sets and (hopefully) a real FB.

Because nothing says 'stack the box more' then they already do, then having 10 guys right on the Oline..

chiefbowe82
04-28-2008, 06:17 PM
i think the line will be dogshit until i see otherwise

Deberg_1990
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
imagine this O-Line!

Willie Roaf
Brian Waters
Casey Weigmann
Will Shields
John Tait

Deberg_1990
04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Because nothing says 'stack the box more' then they already do, then having 10 guys right on the Oline..

Ive got to give Gailey the benefit of the doubt.

I remember him being pretty creative in Pittsburgh and with the Cowboys.

At times they would go power rushing game. Other times he would have 4 and 5 WR sets.

Remember, hes the guy who created the Kordell Stewart/Slash thing.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't see Albert at LT this year.

POND_OF_RED
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Dorsey is such a competitor that if our line struggles he will step up and become the first player to be a Pro Bowl OT and DT.

Pestilence
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
imagine this O-Line!

Willie Roaf
Brian Waters
Casey Weigmann
Will Shields
John Tait

Imagine Post #19!!!

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 06:58 PM

Get used to it. Gailey will not be anywhere near as predictable as your post suggests, but there will be a lot of running the ball in 2008. However, the R2P2 is a thing of the past, and when we do run the ball, there will be a real FB to plow LBs and drive blockers who will keep LJ from getting tackled in the backfield.

Tribal Warfare
04-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Oher
Albert
Waters
Niswanger
Richardson

:rockon:

Deberg_1990
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Imagine Post #19!!!

Oops! I knew i should have read!

rad
04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I read a scouting report about Richardson being soft, kinda a big teddy bear type. No mean streak. If there's any truth to that I can't see him starting in '08.

Unless something like that can be coached into a kid...anyone else hear this?

BigChiefFan
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I read a scouting report about Richardson being soft, kinda a big teddy bear type. No mean streak. If there's any truth to that I can't see him starting in '08.

Unless something like that can be coached into a kid...anyone else hear this?Will Shields isn't exactly a barbarian.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Get used to it. Gailey will not be anywhere near as predictable as your post suggests, but there will be a lot of running the ball in 2008. However, the R2P2 is a thing of the past, and when we do run the ball, there will be a real FB to plow LBs and drive blockers who will keep LJ from getting tackled in the backfield.Your one more tackle nets the Chiefs a good draft grade is a bit hypocritical. The team still has along ways to go and you act like we just put drafted 10 all-pros, settle down.

Rausch
04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Get used to it. Gailey will not be anywhere near as predictable as your post suggests, but there will be a lot of running the ball in 2008. However, the R2P2 is a thing of the past, and when we do run the ball, there will be a real FB to plow LBs and drive blockers who will keep LJ from getting tackled in the backfield.

Gailey is also a big fan of the trick play. And I don't mean some artsy $#it that Saunders pulled with Dante. Gailey would suck you in with the conservative stuff and just when you know they'll hammer LJ up the gut on 3rd and 1 we pull the old Bono Bootleg.

Cowher really got to tinkering with the trick play with Gailey. And they didn't just try it, they sold it and it was effective...

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Screw the I and a fullback. Get Charles on the field with LJ. Go pro set, mix up between 3 wide, 2 wide/TE and a big set with 2 TE and Bowe. Or even run the I with LJ/Charles and Smith swapping around.

aturnis
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by KCJohnny View Post

Who is this real FB you speak of?

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Your one more tackle nets the Chiefs a good draft grade is a bit hypocritical. The team still has along ways to go and you act like we just put drafted 10 all-pros, settle down.

Not really. The team was passing for 198 ypg last year with the worst pass protect/rushing avg in the NFL. This year they'll have a younger, hungrier OL, a real FB, a blocking TE not fighting back injuries, a real OC that will not be as predictable as R2P2, perhaps some speed at the Z receiver position, and a simplified, athlete-friendly playbook. Not to mention a healthy LJ.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 07:37 PM

There are 3 true FBs on the current roster. None are converted TEs or LBs which is what we had last season.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Not really. The team was passing for 198 ypg last year with the worst pass protect/rushing avg in the NFL. This year they'll have a younger, hungrier OL, a real FB, a blocking TE not fighting back injuries, a real OC that will not be as predictable as R2P2, perhaps some speed at the Z receiver position, and a simplified, athlete-friendly playbook. Not to mention a healthy LJ.
Good, so if they fail from making the playoffs, the whole lot should be canned, since the have all the tools to be successful, right?

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Oliver Hoyte

ChiefsCountry
There are 3 true FBs on the current roster. None are converted TEs or LBs which is what we had last season.

The main one we signed this offseason from the Cowboys was a converted LB.

DaneMcCloud
Good, so if they fail from making the playoffs, the whole lot should be canned, since the have all the tools to be successful, right?

ROFLROFLROFL

The Chiefs will be lucky to win 4 games in 2008.

rad
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Will Shields isn't exactly a barbarian.

OFF the field? No

I'm talking about how the guy plays, on the field. It said he played soft.

keg in kc
Oliver HoyteIs he related to Oliver Klozoff?

ChiefsCountry
Oliver Hoyte

Cowboys converted him to FB from LB

Deberg_1990
04-28-2008, 07:42 PM

Thats alot of different things that all need to gel together at once. Honestly, we are still looking at a 4-6 win season at best. Nothing wrong with that. Thats what happens when you have a young team.

Next year we should be looking at 7-9 wins, and after that 10-12. Thats how things are supposed to work if the team is built right.

aturnis
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Who? We have:

Chris Manderino
Mike Cox (Unproven Rookie)
Oliver Hoyte (Converted Linebacker)

KCJohnny, you so craze-ay!

Homer.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

The Chiefs will be lucky to win 4 games in 2008.
I know that. I don't think KCJ gets it.

WhitiE
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
i think the line will be dogshit until i see otherwise

lol ROFL

DT58HOF
04-28-2008, 08:33 PM

Frankie they should play u at right tackle and see if u can guard WWE's Hornswoggle, love to see him put u on ur ass

jspchief
04-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Is there seriously a thread pimping our 2008 O-line? omgwtfbbq1

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
The main one we signed this offseason from the Cowboys was a converted LB.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Thats alot of different things that all need to gel together at once. Honestly, we are still looking at a 4-6 win season at best. Nothing wrong with that. Thats what happens when you have a young team.

Next year we should be looking at 7-9 wins, and after that 10-12. Thats how things are supposed to work if the team is built right.

I posted on another thread that I predicted a 3-13 finish next year with some close games and few blow outs.

Basileus777
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
I know everyone wants to believe Richardson is going to be some stud, but there is a reason he fell so far. He is a good pick and I hope he works out, but everyone here thought Svitek was going to go a star a few years ago too.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Who? We have:

Chris Manderino
Mike Cox (Unproven Rookie)
Oliver Hoyte (Converted Linebacker)

KCJohnny, you so craze-ay!

Homer.

Crazy? Umkay.
Homer? Without a doubt.

At least 2 of those guys are real FBs. That's all I was saying.

FAX
04-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Is there seriously a thread pimping our 2008 O-line? omgwtfbbq1

Word.

("omgwtfbbq1" is a word, isn't it?)

FAX

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:26 PM
I know that. I don't think KCJ gets it.

KCJ gets it just fine. I posted on another thread that we will probably finish 3-13 in 2008.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I know everyone wants to believe Richardson is going to be some stud, but there is a reason he fell so far. He is a good pick and I hope he works out, but everyone here thought Svitek was going to go a star a few years ago too.

Richardson profiles as a guy that usually makes it though, he has over 40 college starts.

FAX
I note with some interest that there are several new posters on board with wacky ideas, uninformed opinions, and an affinity for poor spelling and pitiable grammar.

Good to see things are improving.

FAX

jspchief
I know everyone wants to believe Richardson is going to be some stud, but there is a reason he fell so far. He is a good pick and I hope he works out, but everyone here thought Svitek was going to go a star a few years ago too.For real. Just because he's an instant starter on our miserable O-line, that doesn't mean he's a good NFL lineman.

And Rudy Niswanger?

The O-line on paper looks about like our D-line the last few years. One good player, one hopefully good player, and a bunch of ho-hums.

FAX
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Richardson profiles as a guy that usually makes it though, he has over 40 college starts.

How close was the actual draft to your mock board, Mr. Mecca? Things started off a little oddly, it seemed to me. I wonder about Dorsey's leg bone.

FAX

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
For real. Just because he's an instant starter on our miserable O-line, that doesn't mean he's a good NFL lineman.

And Rudy Niswanger?

The O-line on paper looks about like our D-line the last few years. One good player, one hopefully good player, and a bunch of ho-hums.

Its better than the 2007 line and they haven't played a single snap. Be happy.

cdcox
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I have a feeling one of the starters isn't on the roster, yet.

FAX
04-28-2008, 09:46 PM
I have a feeling one of the starters isn't on the roster, yet.

I sure hope you're right, Mr. cdcox. The Big Apple has yet to impress, Niswanger (sp?) is unproven, and the rest are mere question marks soon to become either exclamations or just little dots on the road to 0 and 16. It takes time for an offensive line to "gel" ... obviously even longer when half or more of them are young players. I'd sure like to see some maturity/experience in the mix somewhere.

FAX

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Well sometimes you have to go with young unproven guys to see if they are any good, we aren't contending for anything...

jspchief
04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Well sometimes you have to go with young unproven guys to see if they are any good, we aren't contending for anything...
Which is an entirely different viewpoint than "I'm excited about this O-line" IMO.

I don't have a problem with taking steps to improve probably the worst unit on the team. I just think the tone of this thread was more than a little homerish.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Which is an entirely different viewpoint than "I'm excited about this O-line" IMO.

I don't have a problem with taking steps to improve probably the worst unit on the team. I just think the tone of this thread was more than a little homerish.

Ah ok I got you..

I think Albert and Richardson can be good starters I suspect the Chiefs will draft 2 more OL next year though, it's a process.

Frankie
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
How close was the actual draft to your mock board, Mr. Mecca? Things started off a little oddly, it seemed to me. I wonder about Dorsey's leg bone.

FAX

Heeeeey. Mr. FAX is back. :clap: All is well again. I was wonderin' if it was something I said.:)

Mecca
04-28-2008, 10:09 PM
For what Fax asked the Chiefs took a bunch of guys I personally really like.

Frankie
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM

Yep. Like Brodie Croyle.

KCChiefsMan
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
It will be interesting to see how Richardson does. You really think he will start week 1?

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
It will be interesting to see how Richardson does. You really think he will start week 1?

Herm's already said the kids will play, many will start. I think the depth chart will be shaken out in preseason, but my hunch is that Richardson starts. Cdcox may be right - KC may acquire another OLman by opening day. We'll see who's available in June.

Brock
04-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Yep. Like Brodie Croyle.

I personally am very saddened by the fact that you like Croyle. This means that despite the fact that I want him to be successful, there is no way in hell that's going to happen now.

cdcox
04-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Herm's already said the kids will play, many will start. I think the depth chart will be shaken out in preseason, but my hunch is that Richardson starts. Cdcox may be right - KC may acquire another OLman by opening day. We'll see who's available in June.

I'm just going by the following observations:

It doesn't look like McIntosh will be at LT, at that seems to be the only position he can (barely) play.

Taylor and Richardson both seem slated for RT and neither one is proven at ANY position.

Niswanger has never started.

No one is an heir-apparent to the RG spot.

That is too many things that have to come together in order to be confident that all the starters have been identified. Hell, on the DL (which most perceive as a lot further along in development) we are projecting Boone as RDE. I haven't heard the Chiefs even offer an absurd suggestion for a projected starting RG. They must be planning to bring someone in.

Tribal Warfare
04-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Yep. Like Brodie Croyle.

I concur

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm just going by the following observations:

It doesn't look like McIntosh will be at LT, at that seems to be the only position he can (barely) play.

Taylor and Richardson both seem slated for RT and neither one is proven at ANY position.

Niswanger has never started.

No one is an heir-apparent to the RG spot.

That is too many things that have to come together in order to be confident that all the starters have been identified. Hell, on the DL (which most perceive as a lot further along in development) we are projecting Boone as RDE. I haven't heard the Chiefs even offer an absurd suggestion for a projected starting RG. They must be planning to bring someone in.

I heard Tamba was projected as RDE and that LDE was up for grabs. The OL will coalesce around Waters. MacIntosh performed admirably at OLT last year with little support. The kids will have to learn the simpler O Gailey plans to run this season.

cdcox
04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I heard Tamba was projected as RDE and that LDE was up for grabs. The OL will coalesce around Waters. MacIntosh performed admirably at OLT last year with little support. The kids will have to learn the simpler O Gailey plans to run this season.

Right and left are not my strong points.

You can't coalesce 5 guys around Waters. Didn't work last year, won't this year. They have to make their own blocks. I don't think MacIntosh starts at OLT, Albert does. If they play Ablert at ROT, that makes 3 at that position (with Richards and Herb).

Herm simplified the offense at least twice, if not three time since he came. I'm not sure Gailey can simplify it more.

FAX
04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
All well and good, Mr. KCJohnny. Still, the enemy can be expected to continue to move 8 or 9 gruesome bastards up to the LOS and dare us to put the ball in the air. Regardless of how "simplified" our blocking scheme might be, rookies will have a tough time in that situation just figuring out their assignment. I foresee a very rough year for our offense.

FAX

cdcox
04-28-2008, 11:34 PM
All well and good, Mr. KCJohnny. Still, the enemy can be expected to continue to move 8 or 9 gruesome bastards up to the LOS and dare us to put the ball in the air. Regardless of how "simplified" our blocking scheme might be, rookies will have a tough time in that situation just figuring out their assignment. I foresee a very rough year for our offense.

FAX

Bloody Croyle is in for a rough year.

FAX
04-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Bloody Croyle is in for a rough year.

Undoubtedly, Mr. cdcox. Which brings up another point ... after all the draft and free agent smoke has cleared, who will be the actual persons lining up as receivers with Bowe? Do we have a handle on that?

FAX

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Undoubtedly, Mr. cdcox. Which brings up another point ... after all the draft and free agent smoke has cleared, who will be the actual persons lining up as receivers with Bowe? Do we have a handle on that?

FAX

Webb/Darling/Franklin may the best man win.

cdcox
04-28-2008, 11:44 PM
John Elway had the 3 amigos.

Bloody Croyle has Bowe and the 2 enemigos.

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Right and left are not my strong points.

You can't coalesce 5 guys around Waters. Didn't work last year, won't this year. They have to make their own blocks. I don't think MacIntosh starts at OLT, Albert does. If they play Ablert at ROT, that makes 3 at that position (with Richards and Herb).

Herm simplified the offense at least twice, if not three time since he came. I'm not sure Gailey can simplify it more.

Herm simplified the Euclidian playbook of Al Saunders' flying circus. Gailey will build an O around the talent assembled. Do you really think Gailey is no improvement over Solari (remember R2P2)?

Young players can play well on the OL if they are superior athletes, which by every indicator available, Richardson and Albert are. Besides, Gailey likes trick plays, so let 'em cheat 9 men in the box and we'll sting 'em with flea flickers, HB passes and double reverses. MacIntosh can play OLT if needed, no problem.

Oh Snap
04-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Oher
Albert
Waters
Niswanger
Richardson

didnt waters used to play center? That actually makes sense. But waters can be a dominant LG. I think Albert has the size to play LT and the athleticism.

Frankie
04-29-2008, 06:48 AM
I personally am very saddened by the fact that you like Croyle. This means that despite the fact that I want him to be successful, there is no way in hell that's going to happen now.

ROFL
Ah that's a good one! You desperately want Croyle to fail and have said as much repeatedly. Which is the issue I have with all you Croyle haters. You don't realize that the best possible scenario for the Chiefs is that our former 3rd rounder become a legit NFL QB.:shake:

tiptap
04-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Running game. Isn't that what we want first. And two tight end set with pulling guards. I think blocking for the running game is easier to pick up. It is true we won't be coming back from lopsided games but what you want to see is the progress in the running game. Brodie doesn't have to take lumps because he won't be asked to gunsling with the expectation that we won't be competing. The question is can both the players and the fans be positive about the improvement in play.

suds79
04-29-2008, 07:53 AM
ROFL
Ah that's a good one! You desperately want Croyle to fail and have said as much repeatedly. Which is the issue I have with all you Croyle haters. You don't realize that the best possible scenario for the Chiefs is that our former 3rd rounder become a legit NFL QB.:shake:

I certainly wouldn't consider myself a Croyle hater so I don't know if this comment included me. I just don't think it's going to happen for the guy. As much as I'd love for him to blossom into a pro bowl QB someday (because that would be best for the Chiefs), I think history will repeat itself and he'll struggle to make it through our first 8 games without getting injured.

TEX
04-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Oher
Albert
Waters
Niswanger
Richardson

Yep. So Big Mac gets my vote to stay at LT to "hold" down the fort until then...

TEX
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
ROFL

I agree that the best possible scenario is for Croyle to succeed - I've learnd to dislike (hate is such a stron word) Croyle because he $ucks. If he gets good, I'll like him. But he has shown nothing for me to think he'll ever be anything more than a clipboard holder in the NFL. .

KCJohnny
04-29-2008, 09:24 AM
I certainly wouldn't consider myself a Croyle hater so I don't know if this comment included me. I just don't think it's going to happen for the guy. As much as I'd love for him to blossom into a pro bowl QB someday (because that would be best for the Chiefs), I think history will repeat itself and he'll struggle to make it through our first 8 games without getting injured.

God forbid he gets injured. But if he does, does Herm go with Huard, a guy with no future, or does he plug in QB #3? I mean, at what point do you just throw in the towel and play 16 preseason games? The Chiefs have almost no shot at winning the AFCW and will certainly begin the season with a humiliating blow out loss (at NE).

FAX
04-29-2008, 09:29 AM
It's all good, Mr. KCJohnny. Even if Croyle goes down, there's still butter in the ass.

FAX

John_Wayne
04-29-2008, 09:54 AM

LT Brandon Albert
LG Brian Waters
RG Barry Richardson

This is a possibility as well. It's been speculated that MacIntosh would go to Gaurd. I like this lineup.

LT Brandon Albert
LG Brian Waters
C Rudy Nieswanger
RG Damion MacIntosh
RT Barry Richardson

Frankie
04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
This is a possibility as well. It's been speculated that MacIntosh would go to Gaurd. I like this lineup.

LT Brandon Albert
LG Brian Waters
C Rudy Nieswanger
RG Damion MacIntosh
RT Barry Richardson

Keep f***ink doubting Herbie.
:p

Direckshun
04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah I don't think we should doubt Taylor. I also think we'll see an UDFA or two.

LT Albert, McIntosh
LG Waters, McDuffie
C Wiegmann, Smith
RG Taylor/Richardson, McIntosh
RT Richardson/Taylor, Svitek

tiptap
04-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Your fingers have a memory of their own typing Wiegmann.