PDA

View Full Version : stevieray deleted his account?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ari Chi3fs
04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
I have seen on some threads where it says his name

stevieray

post n/a

Did he post a Im leaving forever thread? Anyone know the deal?

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I can't imagine stevieray leaving. He is one of the good guys I was hoping to share a cold one with one day.

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, I don't talk to him much in the off season. I'll have to give him a call.

DaFace
Huh. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. Can users delete their own accounts?

Ari Chi3fs
if you look under "members" he is no longer there, either.

Scaga
04-28-2008, 01:12 PM
He probably decided to associate with a higher class of people.

:D

Stinger
04-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Did he say if KU loses he leaves for a month?

ChiTown
04-28-2008, 01:14 PM

That wouldn't take much............

Demonpenz
04-28-2008, 01:15 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. It seems he seems to be honorable and a good guy there is alot of trash on here (me included)

Guru
04-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Seemed like he was getting hit pretty hard in some threads a couple weeks ago for his views. maybe he just decided enough was enough.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2008, 01:17 PM
That's too bad-SR was always cool. He probably got tired of all the negativity and bickering.

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
That's too bad-SR was always cool. He probably got tired of all the negativity and bickering.
Can't say as I blame him too much.

Rain Man
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM

I'll go look for him on ... well, gee, he could be anywhere.

Frazod
04-28-2008, 01:19 PM
He's gone from my friends list as well.

Too bad he's gone. I guess he finally got sick of all jerkoffs around here.

The Bad Guy
04-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't blame him. This place peaked and now is getting flooded with the likes of Reerun, b ambuehl and kcchiefsfan88.

People who, no matter what good happens, will always call the glass half empty.

NewChief
04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Kind of concerns me, as he seemed to be getting increasingly bitter and angry in some threads. For a while, he seemed to be stalking me, as he'd reply with neg reps and angry replies to the most innocuous posts. One that comes to mind was one where I made a little dig at Halfcan (I think) about Rush and the R&R Hall of Fame as a sort of joke, and he got all indignant and angry with me in a rep. It was very out of character for him.

ChiTown
04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
He's gone from my friends list as well.

Too bad he's gone. I guess he finally got sick of all jerkoffs around here.

If you got rid of the jerkoffs, there'd be precious little left on this site. Just sayin'............

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 01:22 PM
That sucks but I noticed too that he was getting angry alot lately and I even mentioned to him in a couple of posts.

Maybe he just is taking a break. He didn't seem to post much in the Lounge I always saw him post in DC.

seclark
04-28-2008, 01:22 PM
If you got rid of the jerkoffs, there'd be precious little left on this site. Just sayin'............

2rd.
sec

DaFace
04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Huh. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. Can users delete their own accounts?

For what it's worth, the answer to this question appears to be "no." It's a conspiracy! Someone call a mod to explain this! Wait...

http://thejiveman.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/tinfoil-hat.jpg

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Just got off the phone with Stevie. Yes, he did leave the board. He said it was because of exactly what Frazod stated. Tired of the jerkoffs, the constant personal attacks and to spend more time with his family.

Bob,
He said to say that he's looking forward to seeing you at Arrowhead this year.

Troy,
He said to get off your bum and head to the Mecca for a beer!

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Just got off the phone with Stevie. Yes, he did leave the board. He said it was because of exactly what Frazod stated. Tired of the jerkoffs, the constant personal attacks and to spend more time with his family.

Bob,

Troy,

**** that sucks. :(

Stevie you will be missed by many here. Good luck to you in the future.

ChiTown
04-28-2008, 01:26 PM

Bob,

Troy,

That sucks.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2008, 01:27 PM
If you got rid of the jerkoffs, there'd be precious little left on this site. Just sayin'............ I think we all get a little crazy around here from time to time, myself included. Sometimes, I can be a real prick, but most is just said in jest.:D

Group hug.

ChiTown
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I think we all get a little crazy around here from time to time, myself included. Sometimes, I can be a real prick, but most is just said in jest.:D

Group hug.

**** off

Radar Chief
Just got off the phone with Stevie. Yes, he did leave the board.

Well shit. That sucks.

BigChiefFan
**** off
Bite me, bitch.:evil:

Stinger
04-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Bob,

Troy,

Sorry to hear that you decide to leave ....I hope you enjoy the time off and hope to see you at Arrowhead this year. Good luck in all that you do.

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Bob,

Troy,
Thanks for the update. I'll probably give him a call myself.

BTW, Oct 25 - 28, Vegas baby!

banyon
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe I did it:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182929&page=12

:sulk:

morphius

Bob,

Troy,
I haven't talked to him personally, but yes he did have Bob Dole disable his account.

Jenson71
He was increasingly irritated. It seemed he was giving up a lifetime addiction of smoking. Half of the time I liked him, and I've met him once or twice at a Chiefs game and he was very nice and personable. On here, though, he mostly seemed like an angry, lonely, old man.

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 01:33 PM
BTW, Oct 25 - 28, Vegas baby!

You're killin' me!

Demonpenz
The good news is this draft may light a fire for him and the rest of the diehards. It was sad to see everyone so down after years of horrible personal moves

morphius
Maybe I did it:

I know you didn't help matters.

Guru
04-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Maybe I did it:

That was the thread.

I stopped posting because it was obvious anyone who disagreed was wasting their time even reading it.

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 01:35 PM
You're killin' me!
When was the last time you went to Vegas?

banyon
04-28-2008, 01:37 PM
I know you didn't help matters.

I know he's a good guy in real life, but when he is in the DC forum it seems like all he did was disparage people. Not their views, but criticized the people themselves for who they were with a bunch of lawn chair psychology. I'd had enough that day when he decided to snipe at me too. So I hit him back. Then I deleted it, pretty soon I thought, and softened it up. If he's this bitter, i think it was just a matter of time.

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 01:38 PM
nah, personal attacks not political

JimNasium
04-28-2008, 01:38 PM
When this place starts to piss you off it's time to go. I don't blame him for taking break.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 01:39 PM

Bob,

Troy,

I'll get out there one of these days. I'll keep track of SR through you until then. There are WAY too many jerkoffs here now. I understand his frusteration. You can't even help anyone these days without come clueless dildo coming in and correcting you with a bunch of bad information then attacking you personally. I think you have my email address Dan, give it to Stevie when you get a chance.

Thanks

Braincase
Too bad. The board is a better place with him.

Probably better off with him and without me.

Tell him the get back on the board or I'm going to talk Carl out of that contract to muralize all the new offices.

JBucc
I honestly can't understand how people post in D.C. as much as they do. It's full of bitter people with obvious pure hate for other posters yet they continue to do it. It's like they enjoy it.

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
been awhile. I went to Reno last month and went home with $1300.00 more than I left with. Hit a $1295.00 and $750.00 slot. Moved my laundry room from upstairs to the garage and redid a bathroom this month with the winnings. Vegas in October - maybe.....

Mile High Mania
Sad to see that he left... I don't pop on as much as I used to... kids, work, etc. CP has changed quite a bit since it's inception. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but it's a lot different...

dirk digler
Damn Banyon

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I'll get out there one of these days. I'll keep track of SR through you until then. There are WAY too many jerkoffs here now. I understand his frusteration. You can't even help anyone these days without come clueless dildo coming in and correcting you with a bunch of bad information then attacking you personally. I think you have my email address Dan, give it to Stevie when you get a chance.

Thanks
will do

BIG_DADDY
Dan,

Come to think of it, give him all my contact information.

morphius
I know he's a good guy in real life, but when he is in the DC forum it seems like all he did was disparage people. Not their views, but criticized the people themselves for who they were with a bunch of lawn chair psychology. I'd had enough that day when he decided to snipe at me too. So I hit him back. Then I deleted it, pretty soon I thought, and softened it up. If he's this bitter, i think it was just a matter of time.
Hey, you can't run around in a done up Chiefs Elvis jump suite without being overly passionate in what you believe in. Good guy in person though, hopefully I will run into him again.

Guru

Thanks

These days you are better off giving advice through a PM rather than on the board itself. Too many "I am never wrongs" in this place.

ChiTown
I honestly can't understand how people post in D.C. as much as they do. It's full of bitter people with obvious pure hate for other posters yet they continue to do it. It's like they enjoy it.

QFT

I tried that place, but it's like a habitat for bears with a case of red-ass.

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Too bad. The board is a better place with him.

Probably better off with him and without me.

Tell him the get back on the board or I'm going to talk Carl out of that contract to muralize all the new offices.
He told me that he was going to be talking to Clark this week about that. Hope he gets it. He's damn good at what he does.

banyon
04-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Damn Banyon

Sorry to be the final straw.

Frazod
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM

That pretty much sums it up. I got sucked into meme's smoking thread a couple of weeks ago and still haven't managed to clean off the stench of it.

Just be glad there is a DC. Once upon a time, all that shit was in the main forum. At least now you know what you're getting into, and if you get sucked in, you've got no one but yourself to blame.

eazyb81
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Maybe I did it:

Damn, RaiderH8er pwned pete in that thread.

StcChief
04-28-2008, 01:45 PM
SR is a classy guy, he will be missed, I could see why he bailed....

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
These days you are better off giving advice through a PM rather than on the board itself. Too many "I am never wrongs" in this place.

Yea I started only giving fitness advise through PMs awhile back. The worst workout advise I have ever seen anyone give was posted right here.

Now I am running into that with nutrition advise. There is nothing worse than being corrected by Dr. Soy I can assure you. I am pretty much done with both at this point.

I am not quite where Stevie is but not far off. I certainly understand why he is doing what he is doing.

morphius
04-28-2008, 01:47 PM
That pretty much sums it up. I got sucked into meme's smoking thread a couple of weeks ago and still haven't managed to clean off the stench of it.

Just be glad there is a DC. Once upon a time, all that shit was in the main forum. At least now you know what you're getting into, and if you get sucked in, you've got no one but yourself to blame.
Yup, you just can't go in there and take things personally, 'cause if you do, you are gonna get pissed and leave.

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 01:49 PM

I've forgotten that place even exists. Too bad Stevie couldn't have done the same.

To his credit, when he'd had enough, he just up and left. No "I'm leaving forever" attention whoring thread.

Guru
04-28-2008, 01:50 PM

Yeah, I finally delved into that forum this year and paid for it. Not giving up easily though. I still toss an opinion occasionally when I feel it is necessary.

Oh, and Mizzou sucks.:evil:

seclark
04-28-2008, 01:53 PM
To his credit, when he'd had enough, he just up and left. No "I'm leaving forever" attention whoring thread.
^truth^
hope stevieray comes back soon. good person/good father
sec

Skip Towne
04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Sorry to see SR go. He is one of the good guys. That DC is the debbil. I stay out of there.

Fish
04-28-2008, 01:55 PM
It's times like these when I hate most of you.....

Stevie is a great guy and will be missed...

shakesthecat
04-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Bummer

I consider Steve a good friend, and will miss seeing him around here.

It's too bad the dipshits never seem to leave.

Frazod
04-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I've forgotten that place even exists. Too bad Stevie couldn't have done the same.

It's very sad, though. And God knows I contribute to the nasty level around here far more than I should, so I can't help but feel a bit responsible for this as well. :(

I shouldn't let people push my button so much, but sometimes I just can't help it. Staying the hell out of DC and ignoring two or three specific posters should do the trick.

BigRedChief
04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
If you don't come back StevieRay no more jaggerbombs for you!

DaFace
04-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Random plug for this CPIggy-like Firefox extension for those of you still looking for an option to completely ignore a user.

http://www.tycamtech.com/extensions/firefox/ffvb/

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Bummer

Yep

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 02:01 PM
The DC is definitely a place where things tend to get real personal. I have said some things in there that I had to apologize for because certain posters, Denise mainly, really get on my last ****ing nerve.

IMHO it is time to take out some of the trash and clean this place up a little.

morphius
04-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Bummer

It is worse yet when we are made mod's...

Stinger
04-28-2008, 02:02 PM

IMO we (the Planet) seems to encourage them to stay. Go figure.

Demonpenz
04-28-2008, 02:03 PM
I like SR's views on family, treating women, etc. An old schooler

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
He was increasingly irritated. It seemed he was giving up a lifetime addiction of smoking. Half of the time I liked him, and I've met him once or twice at a Chiefs game and he was very nice and personable. On here, though, he mostly seemed like an angry, lonely, old man.He had really taken to the personal attacks. I would imagine that something else was probably bothering him, as I can't see a silly BB making someone that angry all the time.

Stinger
04-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakesthecat
Bummer

It is worse yet when we are made mod's...

The mods are bigger dipshits??????

I'll go ahead clean out my locker :D

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Sorry to see SR go. He is one of the good guys. That DC is the debbil. I stay out of there.

Yup. I'm coming to this conclusion....much later than I should have. That place really is a cess pool more often than not. I still get sucked into it some....but I'm getting closer to being able to stay away.

There's really only a handful of jerkoffs that really ruin it for everyone else ..... because they know just the buttons to push, to bring out the ugliness in others--and, worse, they revel in it.

There was a time where I thought, well....I guess you just gotta fight fire with fire. I'm getting past that slowly. Seriously, I enjoy political discussion, but when it becomes personal attacks or deliberate attempts to fugg with someones real life....then a line has been crossed. And it's a line that shouldn't be crossed....even on the "internet." I don't know what Stevie did/said to provoke that banyon, but that was over-the-top IMHO.

chagrin
04-28-2008, 02:13 PM

Bob,

Troy,

Damn, too bad - he's a good human

ChiTown
I hate to sound like one of "those guys", but this place changed a LONG time ago. It went from a group of guys that all seemed to get along, to a bunch of kids that couldn't wait to fight.

Unfortunately, for you fuggers, I'll never leave. However, I do find myself turning into more of a lurker. In all actuality, it's making this place much more enjoyable for me.

Mr. Kotter

IMHO it is time to take out some of the trash and clean this place up a little.

I'm beginning to think so too. But I'm sure we'll be shouted down by the "First Amendment and Free Speech for all!" to all idiots and trolls!!! " crowd....

chagrin
04-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Random plug for this CPIggy-like Firefox extension for those of you still looking for an option to completely ignore a user.

http://www.tycamtech.com/extensions/firefox/ffvb/

thank you

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 02:14 PM
I hate to sound like one of "those guys", but this place changed a LONG time ago. It went from a group of guys that all seemed to get along, to a bunch of kids that couldn't wait to fight.

Unfortunately, for you fuggers, I'll never leave. However, I do find myself turning into more of a lurker. In all actuality, it's making this place much more enjoyable for me.

Precisely right. It's kinda where I am finding myself headed as well.

Rain Man
04-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I blame myself for this. I was never there for him when "Child in the Ghetto" bombed on the charts.

JBucc
04-28-2008, 02:15 PM

http://www.tycamtech.com/extensions/firefox/ffvb/This works well. I just tested in on KC Dan and it doesn't show posts or posts where he's quoted. I'll take him off in a minute.

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 02:16 PM

Exactly.

Ari Chi3fs
04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I can't stand DC. Horrible mean spirited egotistical banter in there...

Sorry stevieray. We will miss you man. This seems like a funeral.

Go to FatChatter.com /phobia

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
The really cool thing is that if he ever decides to come back, we can call him a n00b and make fun of him.

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Go to FatChatter.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI) /phobia
Heh. I just found out today that Gaz has been hanging out there.

DaFace
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
This works well. I just tested in on KC Dan and it doesn't show posts or posts where he's quoted. I'll take him off in a minute.

It's not as flashy as CPIggy was, but it works for just getting rid of someone.

I wish the dude would focus more on the ignore features than the sidebar crap. The latter is pretty useless, IMO.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm beginning to think so too. But I'm sure we'll be shouted down by the "First Amendment and Free Speech for all!" to all idiots and trolls!!! " crowd....

****'em. I think this is a perfect time to do this. We lost a great member of this board because of people who take things way to personally. I am not blaming Banyon for it that was just the last straw though what he said was over the line IMHO.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 02:23 PM

Go to <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI">FatChatter.com</a></a></a> /phobia

There's a side of me that hopes that site, or another alternative site takes off....this is also about the time of year, I take my tour of other Chief's Bulletin Boards to see if anything better has come along, anyway.

I know it goes with the territory of being a highly visible board, but we do seem to be losing quite a few quality posters (if not entirely, many who are less frequent in their posting).....and having them replaced with four or five younger shit-for-brains types who have apparently watched far too many Beavis and Butthead, JackAss, and Jerry Springer episodes.

Don't get me wrong, dumbassery is still appreciated....and encouraged. But the quality just ain't what it use to be....:shake:

Ari Chi3fs
04-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Go to FatChatter.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI) /phobia

FOr the record... this is not my rickroll... who made a filter to put a rickroll on Fatchatter.com ?

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM

Oh hell... all you had to do was say that and thw swarm to fatchatter is on. :D

Honestly, I do think the creation of the DC area was a great day in the history of this site... you have to go out of your way to get all worked out about shit now. And, if you do go there and you get pissed off... well, I hate to say it, but this is the Internet and nobody made you go there.

I may log on to that part of the site once a month.

Sometimes it's good to walk away from things if they're pissing you off and then see if you miss it... maybe you go back, maybe you don't.

Stevie's a good guy, sounds like he has moved on... everyone else should do the same.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 02:26 PM

:spock:

MrBlond/LVNHack/Clint In Wichita/Jazzzlover/gobowe/Raderhader/beerme/etc...etc....etc... hangin' out over there too, by chance?

Well, damn....I guess I'll begin that annual tour of mine sooner than I thought.... :hmmm:

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Damn I have noticed Luv never posts over here anymore either and now she is on phil and simplex's site.

Frazod
04-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Oh irony. :rolleyes:

Coogs
04-28-2008, 02:28 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
****'em. I think this is a perfect time to do this. We lost a great member of this board because of people who take things way to personally. I am not blaming Banyon for it that was just the last straw though what he said was over the line IMHO.

I don't know what he said or did ... but, unless it was something so horribly over the top in the offensive category... just let it be. Two things can happen when tempers flare on a freaking MESSAGE BOARD... you can get all pissy or you can ignore it.

I'm not tyring to sound like I am glad the guy left... as I've said, Stevie is a good guy. But, it's his choice to leave. This place will never be all "hugs and kisses".

seclark
04-28-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't know what he said or did ... but, unless it was something so horribly over the top in the offensive category... just let it be. Two things can happen when tempers flare on a freaking MESSAGE BOARD... you can get all pissy or you can ignore it.

I'm not tyring to sound like I am glad the guy left... as I've said, Stevie is a good guy. But, it's his choice to leave. This place will never be all "hugs and kisses".

you know, you're pretty frickin smart for a bronco fan...
sec

JBucc
04-28-2008, 02:31 PM
I want my 4th and Long back :deevee:

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Me too. I started the "lurking" about 7-8 months ago.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Maybe he just is taking a break. He didn't seem to post much in the Lounge I always saw him post in DC.

That explains a lot, he is friend. I have not seen him here much and try and avoid DC.

I try my best to avoid hanging out where there might be some Obama/Clinton supporters. :D

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 02:33 PM
This works well. I just tested in on KC Dan and it doesn't show posts or posts where he's quoted. I'll take him off in a minute.
dat suks......................................

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 02:33 PM
you know, you're pretty frickin smart for a bronco fan...
sec
I've met MHM and he truly is a nice guy. Much too nice for the Donkeys. I think he's a closet Chiefs fan.

seclark
04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
I've met MHM and he truly is a nice guy. Much too nice for the Donkeys. I think he's a closet Chiefs fan.

i say we swap 3 of our dipshits and a conditional for mhm.
sec

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 02:35 PM

That is such a bastardly thing to say... you guys are alright, I mean anyone who regularly and voluntarily attends games in the weather like they had on that day cannot be mentally sound... but, you guys are ok.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 02:36 PM

I agree but sometimes it is hard to ignore a personal shot.

The reason for the success of this place was because of people like Stevie and some of the other long time posters, that is what made it great and fun.

Calcountry
04-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Can't say as I blame him too much.You don't see me on here too much anymore do you?

dirk digler
I want my 4th and Long back :deevee:

Yeah where did he go too?

dirk digler
You don't see me on here too much anymore do you?

Who gives a shit? :D

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I don't know what he said or did ...

FTR, not to "out" you banyon...but we'll let folks judge for themselves. :grr:

Originally Posted by banyon
I took a pay cut to get courtroom experience. Plenty of criminals out here. Do you ever get tired of judging people?

Don't worry, I'll be back in a couple of years to eastern Kansas and make 3-10x more than you thought about making. I'm sorry I'm young and didn't waste my life yet to built it around a fake Elvis identity, some apparently unmemorable artwork, and banging my hyper-mundanely average wife.

Clearly, you're much better than me.

FTR, I've said and done some pretty stupid shit on here.....but, IMHO, that's over-the line. :shake:

Unless Zach pisses me off again, I'm gonna resolve to just...push myself away from the keyboard, if I ever feel like I want to post something like that...ever again.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Damn Banyon

:cuss:

banyon
04-28-2008, 02:39 PM

FTR, I've said and done some pretty stupid shit on here.....but, IMHO, that's over-the line. :shake:

You could put his personal shot on there too, if you wanted to be fair. And I did delete it. I might've posted WI on that one too, not to borrow a line from you.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Well that kinda sucks, I know he wasn't the biggest fan of me...

Nzoner
The "Who gives a shit" tag at the bottom of the thread is a perfect example of why Stevie left.I talk to him on a regular basis and he told me he was done and like others I don't blame him one bit,this board has definitely changed even in the last 4 years I've been a member.

Stevie was one one of the first planeteers I met in person and we've developed a helluva friendship in 4 years.He will truly be missed around here.

dirk digler
Well that kinda sucks, I know he wasn't the biggest fan of me...

Who is? :)

Mecca
You could put his personal shot on there too. If you wanted to be fair.

Oh cmon people take shots at me all the time, it's not a huge deal.

Dartgod
That is such a bastardly thing to say... you guys are alright, I mean anyone who regularly and voluntarily attends games in the weather like they had on that day cannot be mentally sound... but, you guys are ok.
That was a cold day wasn't it? IIRC, you were a bit under dressed as well.

JBucc
04-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah where did he go too?htismaqe hasn't been on in a month either. Not even for the draft. And Fax is doing his usual disappearing act.

Mr. Kotter
You could put his personal shot on there too, if you wanted to be fair. And I did delete it. I might've posted WI on that one too, not to borrow a line from you.

Please feel free to do so....I perused the thread quickly, and missed what provoked it.

Mile High Mania

Unless Zach pisses me off again, I'm gonna resolve to just...push myself away from the keyboard, if I ever feel like I want to post something like that...ever again.

Yeah, that was pretty much an uber-dick thing to do... I can't stand GoatseChiefsMommasBasementMeatPeeker ... but, I don't think I've ever delivered a cyber crotch kick like that to him...

HemiEd

You should give it another try, don't give up! :D

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 02:42 PM
The "Who gives a shit" tag at the bottom of the thread is a perfect example of why Stevie left.I talk to him on a regular basis and he told me he was done and like others I don't blame him one bit,this board has definitely changed even in the last 4 years I've been a member.

Stevie was one one of the first planeteers I met in person and we've developed a helluva friendship in 4 years.He will truly be missed around here.
The good thing is that you, KC Dan and I (and others) have a personal relationship with him outside of this place.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
htismaqe hasn't been on in a month either. Not even for the draft. And Fax is doing his usual disappearing act.

I wonder what happened to htismaqe. He was here for awhile after he came back and now he is gone. It would have been cool to chat with him during the draft.

I feel bad I need to pay more attention because I hadn't noticed Fax not being around until you mentioned it.

This is depressing

Mecca
04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Who is? :)

Hey, my popularity is at an all time high right now! :eek:

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 02:45 PM
That was a cold day wasn't it? IIRC, you were a bit under dressed as well.

Yeah, well I live in Dallas and it gets NOWHERE near 0 or minus anything with windchill. I cannot recall the game day temp, but with wind... it was minus something ugly.

I had thermals... warm pants, sweatshirt and a Broncos sweatshirt, thermal socks... gloves and a hat that covered my ears. So, yeah... I was ready to ski, but not freeze my a$$ off in the stands. If it's too cold for ME to drink beer... it's just too damn cold.

Monty
Me too. I started the "lurking" about 7-8 months ago.

Hell, I started lurking 3-4 years ago.......but I have to admit it was due to workload more than anyone pissing me off.

Besides that, I really don't have that much to add in the first place. :)

Sorry to see SR go elsewhere though.....can't blame him a bit though.

dirk digler
Hey, my popularity is at an all time high right now! :eek:

They are just being nice to you for your good draft work. Now when you start bashing the Chiefs again they will stab you in the back.

Mile High Mania
The good thing is that you, KC Dan and I (and others) have a personal relationship with him outside of this place.

Cue the Brokeback theme...

(sorry if that offended you... )

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Cue the Brokeback theme...

(sorry if that offended you... )

said the donkey fan....

Calcountry
04-28-2008, 02:47 PM
If you don't come back StevieRay no more jaggerbombs for you!
No doubt about that. I won't ever drive out to KC again either, stevie. It was EXTREMELY cool to meet you dude.

I tell my kids when you get face time on TV, "Hey, I know that guy".

Peace.

Nzoner
04-28-2008, 02:49 PM

Yep,if some of these dipshits around here would get out from behind the screens and take the time to meet some of the people here they'd find there are some great folks here and a life outside of their computer.

Calcountry
04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
It's very sad, though. And God knows I contribute to the nasty level around here far more than I should, so I can't help but feel a bit responsible for this as well. :(

I shouldn't let people push my button so much, but sometimes I just can't help it. Staying the hell out of DC and ignoring two or three specific posters should do the trick.
The main reason I go there, is to give shit to people who have pushed my buttons in the past.

Revenge is best served cold.

Nevertheless, I should stay away from that shit, because it is nothing but self gratification(circle jerk) the "intelligent" people.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah where did he go too?

He married a hot nurse, and she will not let him have his nuts back, yet.

Adept Havelock
04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll miss ya, stevie. We went 'round a few times, but it was always fun.

Hopefully we'll cross paths someday at Arrowhead, collect on those beers you offered, and I'll buy you a few as well. :toast:

So long, and thanks for all the sideburns. Vaya Con Huevos. You never know when you'll get hungry.

Mile High Mania
Millenials lack social skills... if they're communication cannot be done by texting, forums or myspace... it won't get done.

Dave Lane
Oh well he was a very angry person

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh cmon people take shots at me all the time, it's not a huge deal.

You handle it rather well.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
said the donkey fan....

Hey, it's understandable; having Horseface as the franchise mascot....makes homosexual pedophilia less repulsive to Donko fans....

;)

Reerun_KC
04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Yep,if some of these dipshits around here would get out from behind the screens and take the time to meet some of the people here they'd find there are some great folks here and a life outside of their computer.
Pretty much sums it up..

I enjoy meeting other Planeteers.... I have met a couple and have become good friends with them...

Want to make the Plant bash and meet some more, would be a great time!

Reerun_KC
04-28-2008, 02:54 PM
You handle it rather well.
Hell I have people wishing and praying I would die in a fire on here, but that doesnt hurt my feelings...

Its just a message board, no different than talking sports with your buddies over a beer.

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey, it's understandable; having Horseface as the franchise mascot....makes homosexual pedophilia less repulsive to Donko fans....

;)

Now, that's doesn't make any sense and it's just not right... you know what...

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2007/08/cartman.jpg

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 02:55 PM

Yep. I am going to try to make it to a Planet party this year who ever is having it.

KC Dan
04-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Now, that's doesn't make any sense and it's just not right... you know what...

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2007/08/cartman.jpg

ROFL

Spectre
04-28-2008, 02:56 PM
What a great bunch of folks! run off the few good posters around here right?

bunch of ****in' idiots. cesspool of the NFL!

morphius
04-28-2008, 02:57 PM
FOr the record... this is not my rickroll... who made a filter to put a rickroll on Fatchatter.com ?
You mean the one I setup last Friday got the guy who tried to start a thread with one this morning? That is CLASSIC! ROFL

Nzoner
Pretty much sums it up..

I enjoy meeting other Planeteers.... I have met a couple and have become good friends with them...

Want to make the Plant bash and meet some more, would be a great time!

Planet Bash may be a thing of the past as well,still haven't made a final decision yet.

Reerun_KC

WTF?

Keep bringing class, your representing your team well...

:doh!:

seclark

^we have a wiener!!!^
sec

Reerun_KC
04-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Planet Bash may be a thing of the past as well,still haven't made a final decision yet.
Bummer, this was the first time the wife and I really thought about coming and actually could come.

OnTheWarpath58
04-28-2008, 02:58 PM

Same here, Joe.

He had mentioned leaving to me in our last couple of conversations over the past 2-3 months. I guess he finally had enough.

I'm glad I have a relationship with him outside this board, if anything, this will make ME a better friend and force me to pick up the phone more often and check in with him.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh well he was a very angry person

Then you don't know him in real life like several of us here do. :shake:

In my opinion, he just got sick of the pathetic games that ideological nutcases play over in DC.....when he was genuinely interested in dialogue aimed at helping people to understand, that all the petty bickering and partisan bullshit that so many ignorant asses and ideologically charged wind-bags are so engaged in...is nothing but a waste of time.

I'm one of those who eventually understood his point. I'm a slow learner, but there ain't no waking up people who are committed to being.....stupid, and part of the problem rather than part of the solution to the problem.

Nzoner
04-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Bummer, this was the first time the wife and I really thought about coming and actually could come.

It's not a done deal just yet but we're going to have some growth with it because it is a shitload of work.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I think ChiefsPlanet is just the kind of place you need really thick, leathery skin.

Stevie was a good guy, and he loved to dish it out, but I think over time he got tired of taking it.

*shrug*

Reerun_KC
04-28-2008, 03:03 PM
It's not a done deal just yet but we're going to have some growth with it because it is a shitload of work.
Ah, I see...

Well if i was closer, i should would offer to help...

Dave Lane

In my opinion, he just got sick of the pathetic games that ideological nutcases play over in DC.....when he was genuinely interested in dialogue aimed at helping people to understand, that all the petty bickering and partisan bullshit that so many ignorant asses and ideologically charged wind-bags are so engaged in...is nothing but a waste of time.

I'm one of those who eventually understood his point. I'm a slow learner, but there ain't no waking up people who are committed to being.....stupid, and part of the problem rather than part of the solution to the problem.

He seems rather committed to your last point. I have met him a few times outside of the board and he seemed OK there.

Dave

Mile High Mania

So, he ran up against people in politcal conversations... odd. Seriously, that's why I'm glad the DC forum was created - I hate politics and it's rare that you can have an enlightened conversation with people you work with... family, etc. I can't imagine why anyone would want to piss in the wind with political discussions on the Internet.

morphius
04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
That would really suck.

Douche Baggins
04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
He'll be back.

mikey23545
04-28-2008, 03:06 PM
<b>Originally Posted by banyon
I took a pay cut to get courtroom experience. Plenty of criminals out here. Do you ever get tired of judging people?

Don't worry, I'll be back in a couple of years to eastern Kansas and make 3-10x more than you thought about making. I'm sorry I'm young and didn't waste my life yet to built it around a fake Elvis identity, some apparently unmemorable artwork, and banging my hyper-mundanely average wife.

Clearly, you're much better than me.</b>

Sweet Jeebus. That is just ****ing sickening.

I don't give a damn what anyone thinks of this, but the mf'n people of a certain political persuasion who hang out on this board (like most in the "real" world) are almost all POS's. They are the most bitter, obsessive, mean-spirited know-it-alls who have ever typed on a keyboard. It's only natural I guess since the level of self-loathing and humanity-hatred it takes to be one of them must be overwhelming to one's soul.

Keep up the good work, Stevie...You will be missed!

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 03:06 PM
He'll be back.

Speaking of someone that... ahhh, never mind.

seclark
04-28-2008, 03:07 PM
He'll be back.

no reason for him not to...
he didn't lose a bet
he didn't start a "i'm leaving" thread
he's never spammed the board
he's never been banned
etc.
sec

Nzoner
That would really suck.

Yeah,normally by mid-May we've got the wheels in motion.I think what I'm going to do is post a poll with several options(I've got some new ideas) and get a better feel for it since we've seen so many changes this last year.

Bob Dole

Do you have a wiretap on Bob Dole's phone?

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Sweet Jeebus. That is just ****ing sickening.

I don't give a damn what anyone thinks of this, but the mf'n people of a certain political persuasion who hang out on this board (like most in the "real" world) are almost all POS's. They are the most bitter, obsessive, mean-spirited know-it-alls who have ever typed on a keyboard. It's only natural I guess since the level of self-loathing and humanity-hatred it takes to be one of them must be overwhelming to one's soul.

Keep up the good work, Stevie...You will be missed!

This is ironic since you act like a 2 year old most of the time.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 03:08 PM
So, he ran up against people in politcal conversations... odd. Seriously, that's why I'm glad the DC forum was created - I hate politics and it's rare that you can have an enlightened conversation with people you work with... family, etc. I can't imagine why anyone would want to piss in the wind with political discussions on the Internet.

Pissin' in the wind is all that DC is anymore. I'm embarrassed it's taken me so long to figure it out.

Though I'm sure I won't quit entirely posting over there.... :doh!:

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 03:09 PM
he didn't lose a bet
he's never been banned
etc.
sec

LMAO

Nzoner
04-28-2008, 03:09 PM
he didn't lose a bet
he's never been banned
etc.
sec

BADA BING!!!

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Pissin' in the wind is all that DC is anymore. I'm embarrassed it's taken me so long to figure it out.

Just walk away... it's ok. Admit that you receive no added value and that it only causes you stress. Admit that you've devoted too much time to a lost cause. Say, I'm tired of being lame.

Then, once you have denounced your love of the Chiefs... you can stop visiting the DC Forum too.

ROFL Now, that's good stuff...

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 03:11 PM
He seems rather committed to your last point. I have met him a few times outside of the board and he seemed OK there.

Dave

I'd agree he was/is more persistent with stupid people than I am. I'm sure that has to be frustrating if you can't let it go....especially when such clowns resort to personal attacks. Again, I'm not saying I haven't crossed the line on occasion. The difference is I've been remorseful about it....even if that is a big no-no around here.

StcChief
04-28-2008, 03:12 PM
he didn't lose a bet
he's never been banned
etc.
secexactly. rep.:clap:

vailpass
04-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Count me among those who feel this board is the lesser for Stevie Ray's abscence.
Peace on ya SR.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM

I think I have heard you say that about 100 times. DC is like an addiction that you can't kick.

banyon
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I'd agree he was/is more persistent with stupid people than I am. I'm sure that has to be frustrating if you can't let it go....especially when such clowns resort to personal attacks. Again, I'm not saying I haven't crossed the line on occasion. The difference is I've been remorseful about it....even if that is a big no-no around here.

I am not saying I don't regret the post, that's why i deleted it. It was a reply to a personal attack though, and not "resorting to a personal attack". I answered a knife stab with a bullet.

JBucc
04-28-2008, 03:14 PM
I am not saying I don't regret the post, that's why i deleted it. It was a reply to a personal attack though, and not "resorting to a personal attack". I answered a knife stab with a bullet.Forum murderer!

|Zach|
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
He was increasingly irritated. It seemed he was giving up a lifetime addiction of smoking. Half of the time I liked him, and I've met him once or twice at a Chiefs game and he was very nice and personable. On here, though, he mostly seemed like an angry, lonely, old man.

Pretty much.

siberian khatru
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, this is definitely depressing.

I understand Stevie's need to get away -- I've taken two extended sabbaticals myself, and it did a lot of good. I wish he hadn't deleted his account, but I hope he comes back.

I also feel really, really bad that I hadn't noticed that htismaqe and Fax have been absent. I should have. I really like those guys. I knew Parker was back for awhile, but I can't believe he at least didn't drop in during draft week.

BigRedChief
04-28-2008, 03:18 PM

I understand Stevie's need to get away -- I've taken two extended sabbaticals myself, and it did a lot of good. I wish he hadn't deleted his account, but I hope he comes back.

I also feel really, really bad that I hadn't noticed that htismaqe and Fax have been absent. I should have. I really like those guys. I knew Parker was back for awhile, but I can't believe he at least didn't drop in during draft week.

What happened to Fax?

Friendo
04-28-2008, 03:19 PM

same here--found it better in some ways on the rebound--cept for the NCAA's. always has been & will continue to be one of the best general resources on the net.

Douche Baggins
he didn't lose a bet
he's never been banned
etc.
sec

Yup, Steve is a great person unlike me. I suck.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The one thing that surprised me is how absolutely vile the smoking ban became. I mean, it's f*cking smoking...c'mon. But people were ready to go to Armageddon over it.

Ultimately, I think it's all Duhnise's fault. Everyone from banyon to Radar Chief hates that degenerate misanthrope, but since we can't put her in the camel clutch, and break her back, make her humble, we take it out on others.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Really missed him during draft week. Both go over to the other BB?

seclark
04-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Yup, Steve is a great person unlike me. I suck.

i'm not exactly saying that, but you do see the difference.
sec

KCJohnny
04-28-2008, 03:21 PM

That explains the atmosphere of near civility.

Frazod
04-28-2008, 03:25 PM
The one thing that surprised me is how absolutely vile the smoking ban became. I mean, it's f*cking smoking...c'mon. But people were ready to go to Armageddon over it.

Ultimately, I think it's all Duhnise's fault. Everyone from banyon to Radar Chief hates that degenerate misanthrope, but since we can't put her in the camel clutch, and break her back, make her humble, we take it out on others.

She should have been liberated years ago. She lives to create hate and discontent in DC in particular and on this BB in general.

But apparently the mods think its cute.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 03:25 PM

I say we ban her and see if things improve over there. :D

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 03:26 PM

You got my vote. I can think of a few to send with her too.

DaFace
04-28-2008, 03:28 PM
She should have been liberated years ago. She lives to create hate and discontent in DC in particular and on this BB in general.

Haven't there been a few votes on whether or not to ban her that have failed? Seems like I remember seeing at least one in the past year or so.

Adept Havelock

I think it would be better to simply put her on mass iggy. I'm willing to bet just about everyone that posts over there would agree.

Let her splutter and spew to no response for a while, and see how long she sticks around.

Haven't there been a few votes on whether or not to ban her that have failed? Seems like I remember seeing at least one in the past year or so.

Yeah. As I said recently when the topic came up, I may strenuously disagree with how she s*its herself in public, but I will defend pretty much anyones right to do it in the face of a banning.

However, I think a voluntary mass-iggy would be amusing, if nothing else.

dirk digler
I think it would be better to simply put her on mass iggy. Let her splutter and spew to no response, and see how long she sticks around.

I am good with that. Mods make it happen.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 03:30 PM

LMAO

You wanna know what? As sad as that is, there is a ring of truth to what you are getting at....

Shit-stirring is one thing; reveling in the shit-stirring, and INCREASING the shit being stirred.....well, different people break at different points.

Adept Havelock
04-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I am good with that. Mods make it happen.

Why get the mods involved? Find her username and do it yourself.

Who else is with me on this experiment? Observation- It will take self-restraint to not respond to threads. It appears iggy won't block those, but if that's too much there is that firefox extension DaFace (?) mentioned earlier.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Why get the mods involved? Find her username and do it yourself.

Who else is with me on this experiment?

Because that will never work. Some people will just quote her. Either ban her or put her on the mass ignore like Phil did Redrum.

Rain Man
04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Actually, I've been pondering taking a break myself. Maybe now would be a good time.

Rain Man
04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Okay, I'm back. I feel much better now.

Adept Havelock
04-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Because that will never work. Some people will just quote her. Either ban her or put her on the mass ignore like Phil did Redrum.

It will take some self-restraint on people's part, but I think that might make it even more amusing. She'll know people can read her crap, but still aren't responding.

Passive-Agressive? Sure. Entertaining? I think so.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2008, 03:37 PM
It will take some self-restraint on people's part, but I think that might make it even more amusing. She'll know people can read her crap, but still aren't responding.

Passive-Agressive? Sure. Entertaining? I think so.

That's been suggested since forever....everyone just ignoring here.

Unfortunately, as a community....we, seemingly, have the self-control of a three year old in a candy store. :doh!:

Mile High Mania
04-28-2008, 03:37 PM

Yes... just one of a list of things that you guys have screwed up. :)

Demonpenz
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
one thing that was wierd is i went to raytown buffalo wild wings and it was smokey as hell must be because it was in raytown

Friendo
04-28-2008, 03:40 PM

good to see you back-you were missed.

siberian khatru
04-28-2008, 03:41 PM

I'm sorry, who are you?

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM

Parker was close to dropping the hammer once, then a bunch people got it all twisted IIRC. I think that is why we don't see Overhead around here anymore.

Bwana
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Hmm? Sorry to see this, he's a good guy. I hope he is just taking a break and turns up around here again in the future. For now, Best of luck Steve.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2008, 03:44 PM

LMAO Smoking threads are one of my favorite past times here. That sucks that Stevie left. I hoped to meet him when I finally made it to Arrowhead. Regardless of your opinion of his political views, it's never a good thing to drive off the few honest to goodness good guys you have. I hope he finds his way over to fatchatter.

Nzoner
04-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Who's the n00b

Adept Havelock
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
That's been suggested since forever....everyone just ignoring here.

Unfortunately, as a community....we, seemingly, have the self-control of a three year old in a candy store. :doh!:

I can't really argue with that. I made a couple of comments to her recently until TJ made his "poking the bloated pig carcass in a swamp of feces" analogy.

I still think it would be pretty damn hilarious if we could pull it off.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Parker was close to dropping the hammer once, then a bunch people got it all twisted IIRC. I think that is why we don't see Overhead around here anymore.

Overhead is another guy. Gaz. I'm sure there are tons more. Who'd we get in return? Douchebags like Mr. Flopnuts? Wait.........

ChiTown
04-28-2008, 03:46 PM

ChiefsPlanet was the same place that thought TACObell would be a good moderator. There have been some real WTF moments around this place............

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2008, 03:47 PM
ChiefsPlanet was the same place that thought TACObell would be a good moderator. There have been some real WTF moments around this place............

LMAO Yeah. Let's have a donko fan help run our board. Sweet.

Calcountry
04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Look at the fruit that produced. lmao.

Frazod
04-28-2008, 03:50 PM

It's like trying to kill Jason from Friday the 13th. There are always enough n00bs, freedom of speech junkies (who don't want anyone banned for any reason, ever), and fans of eternal strife to save her. I've never understood it and I never will.

Rain Man
04-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I only come here to watch the fights. It's like having on-demand hockey.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Overhead is another guy.
He was a lot of fun, along with RNR they actually gave me whole new perspective of Raider fans.

noa
04-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I've only been a member of the Planet a couple years, but that was enough to know how highly regarded and highly valued Stevie was as a poster. He's one of the few guys I wish I had met. The rest of you assholes, not so much.

I'm glad that things never really got personal between me and Stevie even though we disagreed from time to time. We exchanged a couple nice messages, and I really respected that about him. I think what riled him up was when people attacked him personally or his religion, and both of those are understandable to me. Even though its just a message board, some people post really nasty, bitter stuff that can gnaw at you and get under your skin. Its tough to just put that out of your mind, so I understand why it was taxing him so much. A message board isn't worth that much grief.

I really hope that his absence isn't permanent. I wasn't around for the heyday of the Planet, but its always sad to lose and icon who was friends with so many of you. I hope comes back and people can keep from escalating every argument into a Defcon 1 situation.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 03:54 PM
It's like trying to kill Jason from Friday the 13th. There are always enough n00bs, freedom of speech junkies (who don't want anyone banned for any reason, ever), and fans of eternal strife to save her. I've never understood it and I never will.

Maybe we should try one more time but set the options as ban or mass ignore that is it.

Demonpenz
overhead and animal the drummer

HemiEd

That would have really set this place up, for a whole different spin..........out.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 03:55 PM

ROFL You never dissapoint.

Douche Baggins
04-28-2008, 03:57 PM

And then the center pulls you into the rink....

Mark M
04-28-2008, 04:00 PM

--Mr. Kotter

Not to be a dick and crush all the stevieray love, but unless he's changed in the past few years, that's not quite accurate.

The guy never hesitated to make a personal attack, and looked upon anyone who disagreed with his political opinions as having some sort of glitch ... he'd accuse others of being attention whores, apparently unaware of the irony ... he made it nearly impossible to have a "dialogue" by replying with snide 20-word replies that weren't funny (unlike sec's snide 20-word replies, which are funny) ... he was, in in the end, one of the "ideologically charged" windbags on this board. As am I and many, many others on occasion.

In person, though, he is one of the nicest guys around and has some ridiculous talent. He also has an absolutely wonderful family. In short, a terrific guy.

It's that dichotomy between what people appear as on this board and what they are in person that used to make it so unique. Sure, we disagreed with a passion and took numerous shots at each other, but there was always this understanding of it stopping at a certain point, agreeing to disagree, and moving on.

That just doesn't seem to happen as much any more. Not sure if the passions are just too heated due to the way things are now -- for the war vs. against, the election coming up, the economy in the crapper, etc. -- or the Chiefs sucking sweaty donkey balls, but things are just ... I dunno ... different.

MM
~~:shrug:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2008, 04:01 PM
He was a lot of fun, along with RNR they actually gave me whole new perspective of Raider fans.

Agreed. I had 1 buddy growing up that was a Raider fan, but I already pictured they were all just like him. :D

|Zach|
04-28-2008, 04:05 PM

--Mr. Kotter

Not to be a dick and crush all the stevieray love, but unless he's changed in the past few years, that's not quite accurate.

The guy never hesitated to make a personal attack, and looked upon anyone who disagreed with his political opinions as having some sort of glitch ... he'd accuse others of being attention whores, apparently unaware of the irony ... he made it nearly impossible to have a "dialogue" by replying with snide 20-word replies that weren't funny (unlike sec's snide 20-word replies, which are funny) ... he was, in in the end, one of the "ideologically charged" windbags on this board. As am I and many, many others on occasion.

In person, though, he is one of the nicest guys around and has some ridiculous talent. He also has an absolutely wonderful family. In short, a terrific guy.

It's that dichotomy between what people appear as on this board and what they are in person that used to make it so unique. Sure, we disagreed with a passion and took numerous shots at each other, but there was always this understanding of it stopping at a certain point, agreeing to disagree, and moving on.

That just doesn't seem to happen as much any more. Not sure if the passions are just too heated due to the way things are now -- for the war vs. against, the election coming up, the economy in the crapper, etc. -- or the Chiefs sucking sweaty donkey balls, but things are just ... I dunno ... different.

MM
Bingo.

The guy got so many passes from people around here because they liked him in person. I think his "but you have to know him in person" capital was all spent. If he didn't go to any CP functions then he is probably a member who is universally disliked.

It is all a shame because I feel the same way, met the guy in person...really fun...really nice. And then you get online and it is...well...no reason to dig a bunch of stuff up so I will just say it is a totally different story.

Which is too bad, his loss and our loss.

dirk digler
04-28-2008, 04:08 PM

--Mr. Kotter

MM

Mark for the most part you nailed it. Though, and maybe I just didn't notice, but it seemed the last several months he was angry alot but when I first joined he was never like that.

The guy is totally cool in person though and is a great guy.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 04:14 PM
If he didn't go to any CP functions then he is probably a member who is universally disliked.

Univerally disliked? I totally disagree. I think there was a small percentage that really disliked him just like you or me. You could put either one of us in the same category.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 04:14 PM
MarkM,

Wow, I thought you died or something bro.

bogey
04-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry to see SR go. I think he's cool as 1st Down Elvis and I enjoy telling my friends that he's a regular poster on a website I belong to. I would have liked to have met him in person some day and introduce myself to him. On that note, I'm sorry to see anyone take this place so seriously that they can't filter out the BS and enjoy the good stuff. There is a lot of good stuff on Chiefsplanet.

tiptap
04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
I will simply leave it at this. And it is not meant to be just a political statement. When Bush won the first time around and things drifted to the right, there were quite a few names that quit the board. Now when the winds are turning in another direction, others will not wish to hear the arguments that sway the day. Without all the other depth that does come with a real interaction with a person, there is not always good and healthy retreats by both parties.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2008, 04:35 PM
It sucks that he's gone, but I'm not going to deify the man. He came across as really spiteful the past few years, and I hope he finds whatever peace he hopes to find by leaving this place.

Unless Zach pisses me off again, I'm gonna resolve to just...push myself away from the keyboard, if I ever feel like I want to post something like that...ever again.Stevie was being a complete jerkoff (in that thread and everywhere in DC), so Banyon responded in kind. One single post isn't at fault, anyways.

when he was genuinely interested in dialogue What-

aimed at helping people to understand, that all the petty bickering and partisan bullshit that so many ignorant asses and ideologically charged wind-bags are so engaged in...is nothing but a waste of time.Holy shit.

Stevie was on the DC Shitbirds All-Star Team. I don't recall ONE substantive post from him, and to portray him as some sort of DC Ghandi is ridonkulous.

HemiEd
04-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Agreed. I had 1 buddy growing up that was a Raider fan, but I already pictured they were all just like him. :D

I have to admit, the problem was all me. I hated the Raiders so much, I was irrational with my hate. It was sick, like they were all actually Raiders or something. Ugly Duck, Overhead and RNR fixed that.

In fact, when I first found this place, I was offended that Raider fans were even here. Stupid me.

NUMBER7
04-28-2008, 04:45 PM
So long Stevie Ray....yee will be missed.

It is too bad SR is gone. He sits one section over from me in Arrowhead and I have enjoyed speaking to him on a couple of occassions. From what I have read today in this thread it confirms my beliefs that it is not a good idea to mix politics and sports. For me sports, specifically the Chiefs are a great escape from the day to day BS that occurs. I will miss his posts and will look forward to seeing him this fall.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Stevie was being a complete jerkoff (in that thread and everywhere in DC), so Banyon responded in kind. One single post isn't at fault, anyways.

What-

Holy shit.

Stevie was on the DC Shitbirds All-Star Team. I don't recall ONE substantive post from him, and to portray him as some sort of DC Ghandi is ridonkulous.

Stevie and you are two people on completely different paths in life. Stevie was a great member of the community who contributed to it's success. People like you are the reason people keep leaving.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Stevie and you are two people on completely different paths in life. Stevie was a great member of the community who contributed to it's success. People like you are the reason people keep leaving.Oh hey, there's more of that wonderful community spirit! You trying (and failing) to mock me for being transgendered every time I happen to post in the same thread as you is totally the sort of atmosphere that improves this place. And this one, wow. "Ultra Nutless." That hurts my feewings SO MUCH.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Oh hey, there's more of that wonderful community spirit! You trying (and failing) to mock me for being transgendered every time I happen to post in the same thread as you is totally the sort of atmosphere that improves this place. And this one, wow. "Ultra Nutless." That hurts my feewings SO MUCH. Have another smoke dude.

Fairplay
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
I posted a few times in the D.C forum, mainly just a little reading here and there. I did not want to come against a few people who wanted to debate with me and dispute what i believe in so i let it be. Thats the main reason i wanted that forum separate from the lounge, way to much arguing going on.

You can't let a fan forum control and get to you. But if you open yourself up prepare for it to hit you back, maybe twice as hard.

Myself i try to respect the veterans that have been on this board. Tried not to give them crap. Maybe a tease here or there. I would have never thought to unload on him or a lot of you others on here, because its just not me to do that.

I can understand that a few of you were just slinging it back at him.

I won't play judge and jury on whose at fault.
I just wish it all didn't happen i guess.

I'm sorta humiliated that such a great fan has left.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I posted a few times in the D.C forum, mainly just a little reading here and there. I did not want to come against a few people who wanted to debate with me and dispute what i believe in so i let it be. Thats the main reason i wanted that forum separate from the lounge, way to much arguing going on.

You can't let a fan forum control and get to you. But if you open yourself up prepare for it to hit you back, maybe twice as hard.

Myself i tried to respect the veterans that have been on this board. Tried not to give them crap. Maybe a tease here or there. I would have never thought to unload on him or a lot of you others on here, because its just me to do that.
I can understand that a few of you were just slinging it back at him.

I won't play judge and jury on whose at fault.
I just wish it all didn't happen i guess.

I'm sorta humiliated that such a great fan has left.

Awesome avatar. Got anymore of that flavor?

Fairplay
04-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Awesome avatar. Got anymore of that flavor?

A few. Thats my favorite i guess. I don't even know who the girls name is. Found it a couple years ago perusing the 'net.

BTW, lol at that jpg. you just posted.

Fairplay
04-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Actually, I've been pondering taking a break myself. Maybe now would be a good time.

No one gives you crap Rain Man.

And if they do, you're like the Teflon Don. Nothing sticks to you.

Deberg_1990
04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Bingo.

The guy got so many passes from people around here because they liked him in person. I think his "but you have to know him in person" capital was all spent. If he didn't go to any CP functions then he is probably a member who is universally disliked.

It is all a shame because I feel the same way, met the guy in person...really fun...really nice. And then you get online and it is...well...no reason to dig a bunch of stuff up so I will just say it is a totally different story.

Which is too bad, his loss and our loss.

I think alot of people are like that Zach.

We all say things on-line that we probably would never say face to face.

Douche Baggins
04-28-2008, 05:26 PM
I think alot of people are like that Zach.

We all say things on-line that we probably would never say face to face.

Not everyone. The first thing Bob Dole did when I met him was pin my ass to the ground with his boot. It was a real-life "ban."

Chiefaholic
04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry to see a deeply respected veteran poster leave the Planet. This place used to be alot of fun and addictive as hell. Unfortunatly a handful of assholes drug the Planet through the mud and ran away alot of us who use to post and read this place every day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
It sucks that he's gone, but I'm not going to deify the man. He came across as really spiteful the past few years, and I hope he finds whatever peace he hopes to find by leaving this place.

Stevie was being a complete jerkoff (in that thread and everywhere in DC), so Banyon responded in kind. One single post isn't at fault, anyways.

What-

Holy shit.

Stevie and I made our peace, but it wasn't like he was HH when it came to thoughtful posts over there.

+1, Peanut.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 05:49 PM

MM
~~:shrug:That sums it up for me. I liked stevie, but sometimes he had a real hard time with anybody who didn't agree with him about whatever the topic at hand was.

Generally, in my experience, people leave because they're started to read their own posts like it's more than bulletin board bullshittery, started to take themselves too seriously; it's more about that, I think, than about the behavior of the rest of us. When people start taking conversations personally, start treating dissenting opinions or beliefs like they're somehow an affront to or a reflection against their own ideals, that's when it's time to take a step back. We've all seen it happen...

We're all a bunch of idiots on the internet. That's it, that's all we are. Don't ever forget that. You (if anybody is actually crazy enough to read this) are no more or less intelligent than anybody else here, what you believe is no more 'right' or 'wrong'. We're all the same, just a bunch of shmoes wasting time we should probably be spending doing something more constructive. Don't take this place too seriously, don't take yourself too seriously, just shoot the shit and try to have a little fun while you escape whatever it is you're here escaping from...

If you can't do that, well, then take your ball and go home. That's fine, too. And I'll give it up to stevie for not making a scene about it. We've had a lot of asscheek bared over the years in "I'm never coming back"ification.

Nzoner
04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Generally, in my experience, people leave because they're started to read their own posts like it's more than bulletin board bullshittery, started to take themselves too seriously; it's more about that, I think, than about the behavior of the rest of us. When people start taking conversations personally, start treating dissenting opinions or beliefs like they're somehow an affront to or a reflection against their own ideals, that's when it's time to take a step back. We've all seen it happen...

We're all a bunch of idiots on the internet. That's it, that's all we are. Don't ever forget that. You (if anybody is actually crazy enough to read this) are no more or less intelligent than anybody else here, what you believe is no more 'right' or 'wrong'. We're all the same, just a bunch of shmoes wasting time we should probably be spending doing something more constructive. Don't take this place too seriously, don't take yourself too seriously, just shoot the shit and try to have a little fun while you escape whatever it is you're here escaping from...

If you can't do that, well, then take your ball and go home. That's fine, too. And I'll give it up to stevie for not making a scene about it. We've had a lot of asscheek bared over the years in "I'm never coming back"ification.

Well said dude :thumb:

Mecca
04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
That pretty well sums up how I feel, I don't know the guy in person, but if you wanna disagree with me that's fine it doesn't make me hate you or anything he would always gave me that vibe that "I hate you and you're a piece of shit because I disagree with you"

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
That sums it up for me. I liked stevie, but sometimes he had a real hard time with anybody who didn't agree with him about whatever the topic at hand was.

You remind me of some dude I saw at a funeral Friday rambling on and on about how everybody should feel and deal with everything. Spare me, there is just no way you're ever convincing me that I'm not better than you. You can't even hold my jockstrap dude.

|Zach|
04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Spare me, there is just no way you're ever convincing me that I'm not better than you. You can't even hold my jockstrap dude.

ROFL

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
You remind me of some dude I saw at a funeral Friday rambling on and on about how everybody should feel and deal with everything. Spare me, there is just no way you're ever convincing me that I'm not better than you. You can't even hold my jockstrap dude.I wouldn't want to hold your jockstrap, at least not without some rubber gloves and good, sturdy tongs. Maybe a mask.

But, hey, believe whatever you want if it makes you feel better. Doesn't matter to me either way.

Sully
04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
SR must be an absolutely great guy in person, because in my short time here, I didn't see it on the board. Sure, I got off on the wrong foot with the guy due to my dislike of people wearing costumes to games, and he and I had our rounds a few times, but even when I was actively trying to make up with the guy, I never saw the greatness that many here are claiming.
He neg repped me for seemingly minor stuff from time to time, did his best to insult me whenever I posted something he disagreed with, and apparently neg repped my wife every time she posted about religion. I did see small flashes of him being nice, but those times (until very recently) came few and far between.
Finally, after the last blowup, we came to a pretty good understanding of each other. I felt I was finally going to see the greatness that people always post about... but obviously I won't. I'm sorry he's gone, I guess only because I was looking forward to seeing what everyone posted about (him being great...). I genuinely wish the guy well, and maybe I'll meet him in person one day... but lets not deify him like he was innocent on this site, and unfairly attacked. He did at least his share of attacking, as well.
As far as Banyon's post that broke the camel's back, I think it's unfair to lay that at his feet. I've seen much worse from other "respected" posters on here, and those types of posts are celebrated. I also know that Banyon isn't the only one to say shitty stuff to SR. I'll take part of the responsibility for that, as well. But I don't remember EVER going at him before he went at me first.
If SR's reading this, I think he'd agree. But what do I know?

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
ROFL

Good to see somebody got it. :D

|Zach|
04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
SR must be an absolutely great guy in person, because in my short time here, I didn't see it on the board. Sure, I got off on the wrong foot with the guy due to my dislike of people wearing costumes to games, and he and I had our rounds a few times, but even when I was actively trying to make up with the guy, I never saw the greatness that many here are claiming.

What I'm sayin...

Most people that didn't meet him don't get it at all.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
I must've missed something.

Speaking of escape, I'm actually at work right now animating a rastered 2d image of a flower into a 3d rendering of a blossom opening, for a client (drug company...).

Let's just say this has been a test of my animation skills. I could strangle somebody right now.

Rausch
04-28-2008, 06:10 PM
What I'm sayin...

Most people that didn't meet him don't get it at all.

****'n awesome guy to meet. Friendly cat and a fun loving nature...