PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Need some help in an argument

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2008, 06:27 PM
These dumb Rams fans keep trying to tell me that the Rams are the most popular NFL team in the state mainly bc St. Louis has more population than KC. There is no freaking way the Rams are more popular in the state of Missouri or in this region than the Chiefs.

aturnis
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Tell them I said that's not true.

DenverChief
04-28-2008, 06:29 PM
These dumb Rams fans keep trying to tell me that the Rams are the most popular NFL team in the state mainly bc St. Louis has more population than KC. There is no freaking way the Rams are more popular in the state of Missouri or in this region than the Chiefs.

Don't the Chiefs have season ticket holders in 48 states and several countries?

Spott
04-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I would say that 30,000 KC fans filling their dome in 2006 pretty much proves who is more popular in the state. There probably wasn't even a 1000 St Louis fans at Arrowhead when the last time they played in KC.

Sully
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Tell them they stole their team from LA.
They couldn't even keep a team when they had one before.
They play in a lame ****ing dome.
Brenda Warner.
And **** them.

stlchiefs
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Tell them to look at a picture from the Ram's game in St. Louis 2 years ago. The place was Arrowhead East. They are not even the most popular team in their own city unless they're in the Super Bowl.

kstater
04-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Tell them the Chiefs have more "true" fans.

CrazyPhuD
04-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Well I think they're basing the fact that the rams are more popular based upon all the history that they have in St. Louis....I mean they've been there FOREVER.

DaFace
04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I know of a research firm that could find out for you, though it might cost more than you'd be wanting to spend on an argument.

Rausch
The honest truth is it doesn't matter how good the Royals do no one will ever give a $#it. They might buy a hat or a shirt if they ever take a series again but that's about it. They really don't care one way or the other. St. Louis is mo's baseball team.

Same for the Lambs. When you talk to football fans no one gives a $#it about the Rams...

luv
Tell them to go back to LA.

DenverChief
Well I think they're basing the fact that the rams are more popular based upon all the history that they have in St. Louis....I mean they've been there FOREVER.
LMAO

Rain Man
Argument killer: who's got the longer sellout streak? You can even let him include Los Angeles if you want.

Spott
04-28-2008, 06:33 PM
St Louis is a baseball town, period. It's also a freaking dump, but that's beside the point.

Sully
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Brenda Warner.
And **** them.

Add to this...
Dumb****s gave up on Jerome Bettis.
JUST THIS YEAR they finally lost their last player who played for them when they were in LA. How can any of them be real fans?
Their dome is still stupid.
Mark McGuire was on roids.
Check the game attendance.
Their unis are ugly.
Torry Holt thinks DT died simply because he didn't pray hard enough. (and he's got a girl's name).
And **** them.

keg in kc
04-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Argument killer: who's got the longer sellout streak? You can even let him include Los Angeles if you want.I think we might need to avoid the words "sellout streak" for the next year or so. Let's not tempt fate.

aturnis
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Tell them I said that's not true.

Did it work?

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I wish the search function would work here again.

Adept Havelock
04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Ask them to compare Stadium Attendance over the last 20 years.

Argument killer: who's got the longer sellout streak? You can even let him include Los Angeles if you want.

[/thread]

CrazyPhuD
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Actually I'd go so far as say the Rams are the most popular team in the NFL. Anyone who plays them wins! :)

ILChief
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Tell them to look at a picture from the Ram's game in St. Louis 2 years ago. The place was Arrowhead West. They are not even the most popular team in their own city unless they're in the Super Bowl.

Not to be an ass, but wouldn't it be Arrowhead East?

CrazyPhuD
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM

ROFL:thumb:

stlchiefs
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM

Fock. The name of the old team store on the Plaza must've come to my mind. Either way that game was great for Chiefs fans. After the game Bulger was bitching that it was the only time he hadn't been able to hear himself during a home game and was pretty pissed at the fan base.

ROYC75
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Tell them to look at a picture from the Ram's game in St. Louis 2 years ago. The place was Arrowhead West. They are not even the most popular team in their own city unless they're in the Super Bowl.

Uh, Arrowhead East !:doh!:

stlchiefs
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Show them this article:

Chiefs' fans pump up the volume: Rams have a tough time hearing at home Belleville News-Democrat (Illinois) November 6, 2006 Monday

Copyright 2006 Belleville News-Democrat
Belleville News-Democrat (Illinois)

Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Business News

November 6, 2006 Monday

SECTION: SPORTS

ACC-NO: 20061106-BL-1106-Chiefs-fans-pump-up-the-volume

LENGTH: 631 words

HEADLINE: Chiefs' fans pump up the volume: Rams have a tough time hearing at home

BYLINE: Rod Kloeckner, Belleville News-Democrat, Ill.

BODY:

Nov. 6--ST. LOUIS -- The road has presented plenty of problems this season for the Kansas City Chiefs' offense.

Thanks to a large and vocal contingent of Chiefs fans who turned the Edward Jones Dome into Kansas City East on Sunday, the Chiefs felt right at home on the St. Louis Rams' home turf in a 31-17 victory.

The Chiefs forced three early turnovers to help create a 17-point cushion, tight end Tony Gonzalez caught two touchdown passes and running back Larry Johnson ran for a game-high 172 yards on 27 carries to give Kansas City fans plenty to cheer about.

"We had a great crew of fans here, no doubt about it," said Kansas City coach Herm Edwards. "That was kind of exciting. The players told me there would be a lot of fans here, and there were.

"It's a good venue to play in and a tough venue to play in. I've come in here with two pretty good football teams (when he was coach of the New York Jets) and didn't win. This is a good win for us."

Home-field advantage seemed to disappear for the Rams, whose fans were often drowned out by the cheering of thousands of red-clad Chiefs fans populating all points of the dome.

They got so loud, the Rams went to a silent count on offense during one juncture. The Rams were called for four false start penalties compared to one for the Chiefs.

"Man, I couldn't believe it," said former Rams offensive lineman Kyle Turley, who started at left tackle for the Chiefs. "It was just as loud when they were on offense, if not louder. They jumped offsides a lot. That was a credit to all the Kansas City Chiefs fans that made the trip."

The Chiefs needed all the help they could get playing away from the confines of Arrowhead Stadium, where they average 35 points a game.

Before Sunday, the Chiefs were 1-2 on the road (losses at Denver and Pittsburgh and a win at Arizona) and were averaging just 12 points. They eclipsed that total 18 minutes into Sunday's game.

Johnson scored on a 1-yard run following a muffed punt by Dane Looker. After Rams quarterback Marc Bulger was sacked by defensive end Jared Allen and fumbled (with Allen recovering), the Chiefs went up 14-0 on a 3-yard TD catch by Gonzalez.

On the next series, Steven Jackson fumbled for the Rams with Allen recovering. The Chiefs cashed in on a 42-yard field goal by Lawrence Tynes to go up 17-0 with 10:29 left in the second quarter.

That's 17 points off three turnovers.

"That's big," Edwards said. "You have to score touchdowns against the Rams. These guys are scary. Every time they have the ball on offense they are very scary because they can throw couple of passes and all of the sudden, they are down in your territory and they did that. We just kept fighting."

The Chiefs, who emphasize a "run-first" offense, found plenty of room to roam in the Rams' defense despite a patchwork offensive line that lost another starter when All-Pro left guard Brian Waters went down with a leg injury in the first quarter.

Johnson secured his fifth 100-yard game of the year and the 18th of his career before halftime. His 1-yard TD run in the first quarter was his fifth touchdown in two weeks.

Johnson, however, felt the Chiefs could have ran better than they did.

"I do feel a little disappointed," Johnson said. "I do feel that we left 200 yards of rushing out there on the field. The way we were going out there and just pushing them backward and shaking things up, we should have done even more out there today."

Contact reporter Rod Kloeckner at rkloeckner@bnd.com or 239-2663.

Copyright (c) 2006, Belleville News-Democrat, Ill. Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Business News. For reprints, email tmsreprints@permissionsgroup.com, call 800-374-7985 or 847-635-6550, send a fax to 847-635-6968, or write to The Permissions Group Inc., 1247 Milwaukee Ave., Suite 303, Glenview, IL 60025, USA.

LOAD-DATE: November 6, 2006

stlchiefs
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Uh, Arrowhead East !:doh!:

Damnit Roy we established that. Go post on another thread before I pull your electric again. :D

Brock
04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
That's a freaking joke.

LocoChiefsFan
04-28-2008, 07:45 PM
ignore this post.

CrazyPhuD
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Umm, St. Louis is east of KC. :LOL:

:Poke:to be fair St. Louis is also West of KC....it just takes ALOT longer to get there going that direction....

stlchiefs
04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
:Poke:to be fair St. Louis is also West of KC....it just takes ALOT longer to get there going that direction....

Exactly. I'm sure that's what I was thinking. Some people around here are just unwilling to think outside the box. :D

xbarretx
04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Brenda Warner.
And **** them.

BURN!!!! that was a nice burn ;) :clap:

smittysbar
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Rams fans have no clue. They don't know when to get loud or when to shut the hell up.

jspchief
04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
The face of their organization is Mrs Papadopolis.

End of discussion.

redhed
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Tell them that the Cardinals are a football team in another dimension, and blow their FREAKin' minds.
Dumbarse domers, football is played OUTside.

StcChief
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
they got two fans left? Like SandyEggo their fans crawl outta the wood work every few years.

Direckshun
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I would ask the dumb Rams fan to prove it.

Dartgod
04-28-2008, 09:02 PM
After Rams quarterback Marc Bulger was sacked by defensive end Jared Allen and fumbled (with Allen recovering), the Chiefs went up 14-0 on a 3-yard TD catch by Gonzalez.

On the next series, Steven Jackson fumbled for the Rams with Allen recovering.
:doh!:

Tribal Warfare
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM

Just remind them that Chiefs fans were drowning out the Rams fans in full force when we were playing them at Edward Jones Dome. That'll make them shut up