PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pig Brown a Chief?

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Anyone heard anything?

Basileus777
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
He's a Chief. Check this thread for all the UDFA updates:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183949

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks! Love it!

Frazod
04-28-2008, 08:10 PM
:rockon:

Sure hope he recovers and contributes.

doomy3
04-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Training Camp Fodder.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
If someone can tell me why his name is Pig, I'd like to know.

eazyb81
04-28-2008, 08:16 PM

I think it's because he ate a ton as a kid. Something along those lines.

Great pickup by the way. Pig is a badass and also a good teammate.

Frazod
04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
I think it's because he ate a ton as a kid. Something along those lines.

Great pickup by the way. Pig is a badass and also a good teammate.

Correct. IIRC, his grandmother gave him the nickname.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 08:20 PM
For him to make the team Wesley and Herms boyfriend McGraw would have to be cut...

Basileus777
04-28-2008, 08:21 PM
For him to make the team Wesley and Herms boyfriend McGraw would have to be cut...

Wesley would have to be cut or traded and Pig would have to show himself to be more valuable on special teams than McGraw. I doubt the latter happens.

smittysbar
04-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Hope he can make the transition into the NFL.

Mizzou_8541
04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Wesley would have to be cut or traded and Pig would have to show himself to be more valuable on special teams than McGraw. I doubt the latter happens.

I agree, but at least he is getting a chance.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
The only other way he has a shot, I don't think Wesley is on the team either way..

Is if either he or Pollard projects to LB by the coaches.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Pig has the swagger that you like Mecca. He was the heart and soul of the Mizzou defense, even though William Moore came in and was the better player.

eazyb81
04-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Hope he can make the transition into the NFL.

It all depends on his knee. He was on draft lists before blowing out his knee midseason.

Demonpenz
04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
achellies

POND_OF_RED
04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
It all depends on his knee. He was on draft lists before blowing out his knee midseason.

Didn't he rupture his Achilles tendon?

Buehler445
04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Wasn't he a CB?

The grandma eating stories is what I have heard too.

From the KU/MU game, it appeared that he was a good athlete and a hard hitter. Wouldn't mind him as a Chief (I'm a KU fan).

Sure-Oz
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM
I hope he is recovered, he was the heart of the defense and then when he got hurt William Moore stepped up big time. Brown was everywhere on defense and made some nice hits. Hard not to root for the guy that always made his best effort.

eazyb81
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Didn't he rupture his Achilles tendon?

yeah my bad.

Spott
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM

IIRC, his real name is Cornelius. I don't know how he got that nickname.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Pig Brown was the Bob Sanders of Mizzou's defense. He's the kind of guy who will make plays. I'm ecstatic that we got him. His teammates loved him so much that after he got injured he went on the road with them, even though the coaches expressly prohibit injured MU players from going to road games.

Honestly, we could just put him on IR for the year, or put him on the PS and let him develop. He has decent speed, good range, and great instincts. He's always around the ball...pretty much the anti-Pollard.

Sure-Oz
04-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Pig Brown was the Bob Sanders of Mizzou's defense. He's the kind of guy who will make plays. I'm ecstatic that we got him. His teammates loved him so much that after he got injured he went on the road with them, even though the coaches expressly prohibit injured MU players from going to road games.

Honestly, we could just put him on IR for the year, or put him on the PS and let him develop. He has decent speed, good range, and great instincts. He's always around the ball...pretty much the anti-Pollard.

My thoughts as well, he did remind me of Bob Sanders alot...

The teammates also had "pig" taped under their eyes written out in marker, they have alot of respect for him and he was getting the guys ready on the sidelines. Im pretty stoked that he has a chance.

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Well he could make the team if they'd cut Herms boyfriend.

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Wasn't he a CB?

The grandma eating stories is what I have heard too.

From the KU/MU game, it appeared that he was a good athlete and a hard hitter. Wouldn't mind him as a Chief (I'm a KU fan).He didn't play in this year's game as he was injured.

As others have said, he was the heart and soul (along with Weatherspoon) of MU's D. He continued to coach Willy Mo into the safety that he became. The comparison to Sanders is pretty accurate.

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
From FoxSports best of the rest:

5. Cornelius Brown, SS Missouri
"Pig" was on his way to a huge season for the Tigers before getting knocked out for the year with a torn Achilles tendon. A physical hitter with the fire and passion to grow into a team leader, he'd be a sure-thing top 100 pick if he hadn't gotten hurt. There's still a major concern about his leg and how quickly he can be the same player, if he can be the same player. If allowed time to get to 100%, he could be the best safety in this draft.

Sure-Oz
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
From FoxSports best of the rest:

5. Cornelius Brown, SS Missouri
"Pig" was on his way to a huge season for the Tigers before getting knocked out for the year with a torn Achilles tendon. A physical hitter with the fire and passion to grow into a team leader, he'd be a sure-thing top 100 pick if he hadn't gotten hurt. There's still a major concern about his leg and how quickly he can be the same player, if he can be the same player. If allowed time to get to 100%, he could be the best safety in this draft.

excellent analysis, i hope that the chiefs give him that time...he could be a main stay in our defense...

He would've been easily a mid round pick

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Ok if he's really that good then Morgan and him just made Pollard and Page cry.

Skip Towne
04-28-2008, 09:47 PM

Who is Herm's boyfriend and why do you say that?

Mecca
04-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Who is Herm's boyfriend and why do you say that?

John McGraw, his wife is good friends with Herms wife and their friends....I just meant that even if he was better it would be hard for them to cut that guy cause Herm is personally attached to him.

duncan_idaho
04-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Watching Brown go down against Iowa State was the most painful thing to watch I've seen at a football game (btw, he got up after the rupture and tried to run after the play. Speaks to his mentality, I think).

He's a little bigger than Sanders, but that is a good comparison. Pretty good (not great) top-end speed, good tackling form, great instincts.

If he can make it through this year on the PS and get his Achilles' to 100 percent, I think Brown has a good chance to contribute somewhere (he's a good special teams player, too).

kstater
04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Mecca, was McGraw named a captain solely because his wife is friends with Herm's wife?

hawkchief
04-29-2008, 07:35 AM
He'd be a great addition, but coming back to play NFL safety after a torn Achilles tendon is a huge mountain to climb and would be rare for him to pull it off. Best of luck to him, but I don't expect it to happen.

duncan_idaho
04-29-2008, 08:25 AM
He'd be a great addition, but coming back to play NFL safety after a torn Achilles tendon is a huge mountain to climb and would be rare for him to pull it off. Best of luck to him, but I don't expect it to happen.

It wasn't a complete Achilles' tear - it was a partial rupture, which from what I understand is less devastating.

He's already running again and participated in some of the speed tests Missouri does at the end of every week of practice - ran in the 4.6 range, if I recall correctly. Which is pretty good, for less than six months after the injury...

Dartgod
04-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Here ya go...
Cornelius Brown doesnít consider his nickname an insult. In fact, he prefers you call him nothing else. Donít bother putting quotes around it.
Just call him Pig. Pig Brown.

"Iíve had this name since I was a little kid," Missouriís new 6-foot, 200-pound safety said yesterday. "My mom started calling me Pig. Sheíd say, ĎYouíre Pig because you eat like a pig.í Iíve had it ever since I was little, before I was even in kindergarten. All my teachers have always called me Pig."

Surely someone still calls him Cornelius, an elegant name that dates back to ancient Rome. A grandmother? A coach? Somebody?
"Nobody," said Brown, a gentlemanly but ferocious tackler who addresses strangers as "Sir" and wears a mound of dreadlocks under his helmet. "Ever since Iíve been little, Iíve never heard one of my family members call me Cornelius."

So, Pig it is.

"Yes, sir," Brown said. "Thatís what Iíd rather have."

http://www.showmenews.com/2006/Aug/20060809Spor002.asp

Sure-Oz
04-29-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm really rooting for this guy, wonder how realistic he can regain form with that injury...

Bowser
04-29-2008, 08:46 AM

I'll take a Tiger over a Widkitty any day. ;)

I'm officially rooting for this guy, all homerism aside (kinda). The analysis given in this thread is pretty accurate. He would bring instant intensity to the defense and special teams. He probably needs to be IR'd to rehab, and a year being around the pro game won't hurt him.

boogblaster
04-29-2008, 09:18 AM
GO PIG ... that has a nice sound to it ...

blueballs
04-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I hope he doesn't re-injure himself running from Hogfarmer
and his rubber gloves

KcMizzou
04-29-2008, 08:33 PM
I was excited to hear about this. Even if he doesn't make it with KC, I hope he lands (and sticks) somewhere.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:35 PM
The guys on the NFLDC forum were calling this a great signing so don't feel to homer, I saw several non Chiefs fans go "that dude is the next Bob Sanders" so not only Mizzou fans think well of him.

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 08:39 PM
The guys on the NFLDC forum were calling this a great signing so don't feel to homer, I saw several non Chiefs fans go "that dude is the next Bob Sanders" so not only Mizzou fans think well of him.

Well the guy that said that is holt_bruce81, so he's probably a Mizzou fan.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Well the guy that said that is holt_bruce81, so he's probably a Mizzou fan.

That's what I get for skimming.

KcMizzou
04-29-2008, 08:42 PM
I honesty thought Mizzou's D was screwed when Pig went down. Luckily, Willie Mo seems to be a pretty special player too.

The way the Missouri team reacted to Pig's injury says a lot about him, I think. They really rallied around him. He became a coach/cheerleader. The entire team absolutely loved the guy.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I've seen William Moore projected into the 1st round of next years draft actually...

KcMizzou
04-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I've seen William Moore projected into the 1st round of next years draft actually...Yeah, he's something else.