PDA

View Full Version : Life Well, off to Boston in a few days

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm driving up there on Thursday or Friday. I haven't even finished moving out of my apartment, hopefully that will all be done by Wednesday. I'm driving up there and my mom will follow me in another car packed with all my $hit (I'm giving away or throwing out all the furniture and TVs and stuff I can't fit in the cars).

So, I think I want some sort of self-defense item other than a gun. Maybe a big can of bear repellant mace? or a good tazer?? I dunno, I don't want to own a gun for many reasons. Any advice on something? I don't think I'll need anything, I'm moving into a good neighborhood and I know for a fact that house hasn't been broken into ever. But just in case, or if I'm in my car somewhere and I need to defend myself. I will get a dog as soon as I fence in the backyard for companionship and it would be nice to have a guard dog too.

Are those tazer's that cops use legal to carry or own?

But anyways, wish me luck! This will definately be a life changing deal for me, I don't know anyone up there at all so I'm sure my social life will hit rock bottom, but that could be a good thing!

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:39 AM
You are going to start talking like them...

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2008, 01:42 AM

Nah, he still sounds like an Okie

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 01:44 AM

no, this time I will be the guy with the accent! The mid-western accent that chicks looooove up there!! At least that's what I'm hoping for, it's my only chance.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:44 AM
The Boston people are going to look at him funny when he starts to speak I know it..

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Nah, he still sounds like an Okie

well, I don't know if there's a whole lot of difference between Kansas and OK, I've only been down here for a year. Spent the last 15 yrs in Kansas

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2008, 01:45 AM
The Boston people are going to look at him funny when he starts to speak I know it..

No comment

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:46 AM
well, I don't know if there's a whole lot of difference between Kansas and OK, I've only been down here for a year. Spent the last 15 yrs in Kansas

Well you know what happened to the last Kansas guy in Boston don't you...

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Well you know what happened to the last Kansas guy in Boston don't you...

Paul Pierce got stabbed a few years ago :shrug

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Paul Pierce got stabbed a few years ago :shrug

You knew EXACTLY what I was referring to, nice job.

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2008, 01:53 AM

Have fun, Dude.

It's a great city with an amazing history. You can't go wrong.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 01:54 AM
Have fun, Dude.

It's a great city with an amazing history. You can't go wrong.

thanks man, I've been looking forward for this move for awhile now!

HMc
04-29-2008, 01:59 AM
such an awesome city that one of your major concerns 3 days before moving is how you're going to protect yourself once you arrive

Mecca
04-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Just remember, you're by the ocean so the seafood is a million times better.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 02:03 AM
such an awesome city that one of your major concerns 3 days before moving is how you're going to protect yourself once you arrive

well not really, I was just asking. Some guy got shot 3 times in my apartments parking lot a couple of weeks ago here in OKC and acquiring protection has been on my mind lately.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 02:04 AM

oh ya! I was up there about 4 or 5 months ago and it's so good up there! The local markets and grocery stores have fresh stuff and reasonably priced! I love seafood, absolutely love it and being in the midwest it's hard to find anything decent, if not impossible.

Amnorix
04-29-2008, 06:39 AM

And the steak and BBQ that much worse I'm afraid. I need to go to KC just to get the best meats. I'm not a seafood fan. Lucky me...

Amnorix
04-29-2008, 06:40 AM
no, this time I will be the guy with the accent! The mid-western accent that chicks looooove up there!! At least that's what I'm hoping for, it's my only chance.

errr...ummm....good luck with that. ;)

Amnorix
04-29-2008, 06:41 AM

Boston is quite safe if you're not an idiot, or have decided to move to the middle of the Projects or something silly.

Keep in mind the ocst to live IN the city is insane. If you work in teh city, you want to be in a 'burb accessible by T or somesuch.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Congrats and welcome to the real world. :D

cadmonkey
04-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Keep in mind the ocst to live IN the city is insane. If you work in teh city, you want to be in a 'burb accessible by T or somesuch.

Huh? I don't even know what the f*ck you said right there.

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Huh? I don't even know what the f*ck you said right there.

I think he meant to say that the cost of living in the city is really high and if you are going to work in the city you might want to live in a suburb accessible by train.

Amnorix
04-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I think he meant to say that the cost of living in the city is really high and if you are going to work in the city you might want to live in a suburb accessible by train.

Yep. :D

KCChiefsMan
06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
blah, I'm really not digging this city too much. I don't even want a job that's not in a 2 mile radius of my house because even that takes damn near an hour, the people here suck, my neighbor is extremely annoying and did I already mention the traffic?

I'm moving back to Lawrence next week. I miss all my friends and family and I really hate living here

bogey
06-12-2008, 05:13 PM
blah, I'm really not digging this city too much. I don't even want a job that's not in a 2 mile radius of my house because even that takes damn near an hour, the people here suck, my neighbor is extremely annoying and did I already mention the traffic?

I'm moving back to Lawrence next week. I miss all my friends and family and I really hate living here

Why did you move there in the first place?

KCChiefsMan
06-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Why did you move there in the first place?

for the hell of it

the Talking Can
06-12-2008, 05:16 PM

weak

blueballs
06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
If you can't do 6 months
you're going to need tampons

The Bad Guy
06-12-2008, 05:20 PM

Out of curiosity, did you ever live away from home before?

bogey
06-12-2008, 05:20 PM
for the hell of it

Man, congratulations for being able to do something this big for the hell of it. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out, but nice job trying it. Why don't you try a different place, other than going back home? What line of work are you in. Sorry if this information is posted previously, I haven't read the entire thread.

Claynus
06-12-2008, 05:21 PM
What's the worst steak you've had in Boston? Surely you can get a good one somewhere.

Elwaysux
06-12-2008, 05:22 PM
You will love the East Coast. I am moving back to KC after spending the last 12 years in New Jersey. When we moved there we thought we would hate it and now we are very sad to leave, although KC is the only place we wanted to move back to. East Coast people are not that different than people from the Midwest. They just walk and talk faster and drive like crap.

Saggysack
06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
OKC to Boston for the hell of it. How much did this failed experiment set you back?

bogey
06-12-2008, 05:26 PM
You will love the East Coast. I am moving back to KC after spending the last 12 years in New Jersey. When we moved there we thought we would hate it and now we are very sad to leave, although KC is the only place we wanted to move back to. East Coast people are not that different than people from the Midwest. They just walk and talk faster and drive like crap.

No disrespect intended, but East coast people are WAY different than Midwest people.

KCChiefsMan
06-12-2008, 06:59 PM
OKC to Boston for the hell of it. How much did this failed experiment set you back?

well, Lawrence to OKC to Boston for the hell of it. I dunno I probably should give Boston a little more time but I just don't want to really. It didn't set me back that much to be honest, I'm just trying different things and hoppin' around while I'm still young, living how I want to. I really miss being in Lawrence and that's where I want to be.

KCChiefsMan
06-12-2008, 07:00 PM
What's the worst steak you've had in Boston? Surely you can get a good one somewhere.

actually they have steak tips here, which I love! I can't ever find them in KS or OKC, don't know why because they are delicious

Fruit Ninja
06-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Light the Boston Garden on fire for me.

KCChiefsMan
06-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Out of curiosity, did you ever live away from home before?

if you mean home as in living with my parents, then yes. Been about 9 or 10 years since I moved out of my mom's house.