PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Side Note: Dorsey vs McFadden

Ugly Duck
04-29-2008, 05:39 AM
They've faced off twice with McFadden racking up over 400 yrds and 5 TDs, knocking #1 LSU into trouble in the national championship race in the process.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SY0HOnA5P0I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SY0HOnA5P0I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BigRock
04-29-2008, 05:51 AM
OH NOES

DORSEY IS ALREADY A BUST

beach tribe
04-29-2008, 06:22 AM
They were smart enough to run away from Dorsey.

Herzig
04-29-2008, 06:26 AM
McFadden went off in this game. He will be as good or better than Adrian.

penguinz
04-29-2008, 06:29 AM
They've faced off twice with McFadden racking up over 400 yrds and 5 TDs, knocking #1 LSU out of the national championship race in the process.Your and idiot.

beach tribe
04-29-2008, 06:31 AM
McFadden went off in this game. He will be as good or better than Adrian.

Total Homer. Mcfadden is a lot closer to Reggie Bush than AP. AP is once in a decade back. Mcfadden is fast, that's about it, and we've seen how speed translates to the NFL. Everyone else is fast too.

Braincase
04-29-2008, 06:39 AM
They've faced off twice with McFadden racking up over 400 yrds and 5 TDs, knocking #1 LSU out of the national championship race in the process.

What parallel dimension do Raiders' fans live in? In this corner of the time-space continuum, LSU won the national championship in January 2008.

What color is the sky in your world?

Chief Chief
04-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Now tell us all about McFadden (now of the Faiders) vs Will Franklin of Missouri (now of the Chiefs). Hint: 2008 Cotton Bowl.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2008, 07:35 AM
DMAC rules... hate his new jersey, but I wish him all the best.

Demonpenz
04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
dmac was the man

Brock
04-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Does he look like an NFL running back to you? Any that you've ever seen before?

JBucc
04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
The Faiders use the Donkey's blocking scheme now right? McFadden will excel in that scheme. They did make Justin Fargas a 1000 yard rusher.

Radar Chief
04-29-2008, 09:38 AM
OH NOES

DORSEY IS ALREADY A BUST

Crap. I was going to start a poll on when Dorsey would be declared a “bust”, but I see I’m too late. :banghead:

xbarretx
04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Now tell us all about McFadden (now of the Faiders) vs Will Franklin of Missouri (now of the Chiefs). Hint: 2008 Cotton Bowl.

QFT ... BURN!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :thumb:

Direckshun
04-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey, if you want to put McFadden in the shotgun all year, I'm fine with it.

StcChief
04-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Crap. I was going to start a poll on when Dorsey would be declared a “bust”, but I see I’m too late. :banghead:
Now compare his 'bust factor' with Ryan Sims.

acesn8s
04-29-2008, 10:37 AM
So, he had just that one big run? No other highlghts?

Remember what McFaider did in the Cotton Bowl? That will be what happens in Chokeland.

Pitt Gorilla
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Arkansas must have lost their burst against Missouri.

Pestilence
04-29-2008, 10:49 AM
I guess McFadden will be awesome with JaMarcus Russell blocking for him.

blueballs
04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
You better hope he is the next Michael Vick/Vince YOung
after Russell's knees buckle under the excess weight

Mile High Mania
04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Arkansas must have lost their burst against Missouri.

Enh, it was a team in transition after Nutt left... they had no passing attack... and it was exposed. Casey Dick shouldn't be a QB... seriously.

StcChief
04-29-2008, 12:01 PM
I guess McFadden will be awesome with JaMarcus Russell blocking for him. QB converted to FB. I like it.

HolmeZz
04-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Ray Charles, even in his current state, has better vision than Darren McFadden.

suds79
04-29-2008, 12:11 PM
I've never seen a football player with skinnier bird legs than McFadden.

If I was a Raiders fan, I'd be worried somebody is going to go low on the guy and snap those twigs in half or something.

Pitt Gorilla
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Enh, it was a team in transition after Nutt left... they had no passing attack... and it was exposed. Casey Dick shouldn't be a QB... seriously.You mean they previously had a passing attack?

JBucc
04-29-2008, 01:11 PM
You mean they previously had a passing attack?
We will this year! Casey looked much better in the spring game. In the old offense he wasn't even allowed to go through a progression. He has talent but Nutt stripped him of every bit of confidence he had.

Ugly Duck
04-29-2008, 03:04 PM
What parallel dimension do Raiders' fans live in?

Oops... I was looking at this:

Nov. 23, 2007

McFadden, Arkansas stun top-ranked LSU

Razorbacks win to end Tigers' national title hopes

Darren McFadden rushed for 206 yards and three touchdowns, and even threw for another score to lift Arkansas to a 50-48 victory Friday, likely eliminating another team from the national title chase.

“Certainly, he had a Heisman performance today,” LSU coach Les Miles lamented. “Right now, there’s a goal of our football team taken off the board and it’s sad. ... Tonight, we’ll be sick.”

LSU may very well play a bowl game in New Orleans, but the one they were hoping to play — the BCS championship game on Jan. 7 — now looks out of reach.

That had to devastate most of the 92,606 fans who filled Tiger Stadium with earsplitting roars throughout this classic, then quietly filed out while the Razorbacks stormed the field in triumph after snapping the nation’s longest home-winning streak at 19 games.

No team with two losses has ever played in the national title game.

McFadden’s rushing touchdowns went for 16 yards in the second quarter, 73 yards in the third period and 9 yards in the second OT. His TD pass was a flawlessly executed 24-yarder over the middle to Peyton Hillis after McFadden froze the defense with a play-action fake.

Heisman voters will have to think twice about leaving McFadden off of the top of their ballot.

http://media1.msnbc.com/j/getty/gyi0051023939.hmedium.jpg

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/21941844/site/21683474/

Herzig
04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Total Homer. Mcfadden is a lot closer to Reggie Bush than AP. AP is once in a decade back. Mcfadden is fast, that's about it, and we've seen how speed translates to the NFL. Everyone else is fast too.

Dude...you don't know what you are talking about. Arkansas had NO passing game while Dmac was here. He put up those numbers with everyone knowing what we were going to do...much like AP in Minny last year.

Dmac has waay more game than Bush. Bush had surrounding talent....dmac had none. He was Arkansas.

It's going to hurt me to see him in a raider jersey...he can't help who drafted him tho.

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 06:00 PM
McFadden tries to bounce everything outside just like Bush. You need to be able to run inside the tackles to be a fulltime rb in the nfl. That and how he's not good at breaking arm tackles is why people compare him to Bush.

KC Tattoo
04-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Glenn Dorsey & Tank Tyler :D

Herzig
04-29-2008, 06:14 PM
McFadden tries to bounce everything outside just like Bush. You need to be able to run inside the tackles to be a fulltime rb in the nfl. That and how he's not good at breaking arm tackles is why people compare him to Bush.

Dude...I saw him break plenty of tackles vs. SEC defenses that were loaded with talent. He is fast too. He will score many TD's in NFL(unfortunately)...trust me.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XcssslTgHBQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Herzig
04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
And another.....get a good look fellas....we will be seeing this for years to come. I too wanted the Raiders to take him to get Dorsey. I hope that the old saying "be careful what you wish for" doesn't bite us in the ass.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnJxcQh_I6o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnJxcQh_I6o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

beach tribe
04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Dude...you don't know what you are talking about. Arkansas had NO passing game while Dmac was here. He put up those numbers with everyone knowing what we were going to do...much like AP in Minny last year.

Dmac has waay more game than Bush. Bush had surrounding talent....dmac had none. He was Arkansas.

It's going to hurt me to see him in a raider jersey...he can't help who drafted him tho.

I'm just bustin his faider chops, but seriously I think the comparisons w/AP need to stop. He's a different breed, and if His body holds up, he'll be one of the best to ever wear pads. That is a big IF.

beach tribe
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Dude, I'm watching your vids, and see pure AL Davis speed...........that's it.

Edit. The game will catch up to him a little.

Herzig
04-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Dude, I'm watching your vids, and see pure AL Davis speed...........that's it.

Edit. The game will catch up to him a little.

The second one has lot more contact in it. I wouldn't say that AP runs thru many tackles at all.

Unlike Bush, Dmac will be a featured back.

kcchiefsus
04-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Anybody else see very little difference between McFadden and Jamaal Charles? Both are about the same size. McFadden outweighs Charles by 11 pounds but he is also 2 inches taller so they still probably have about the same build. McFadden is only .05 of a second faster than Charles. Both have the same 20 yard split but Charles is actually faster in the 10 yard split leading me to believe he has more initial burst. Both also put up surprisingly similar numbers this season. Charles had a higher average and more touchdowns.

Now I'm not saying Charles is the better runningback but I do believe he is a much better value in the 3rd round as opposed to the #4 overall pick.

kcchiefsus
04-29-2008, 06:47 PM
The second one has lot more contact in it. I wouldn't say that AP runs thru many tackles at all.

Unlike Bush, Dmac will be a featured back.

Do you think many people questioned Bush's ability to be a featured back in the NFL before he was drafted? I doubt it. Very few expected him to not be a featured back in the NFL. So what's to say the same won't happen with McFadden? One thing that is for sure is that Bush doesn't have the chicken legs that McFadden does.

Ugly Duck
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM

Naw... lookit the game film. McFadden runs between the tackles way more than cutting it outside. When the defense cheats up to stop his inside game, thats when he breaks it outside. If he does get free on the outside, thats when he busts open most of his big runs (which is why you see the outside runs on highlight films. The more mundane pounding away at the middle doesn't make that many highlight films. But it does make yards & wear down the defense.

He doesn't break tackles with his skinny chicken-legs, but has perfected a quick & mean stiffarm to get a coupla more yards. Some coaches say its the best stiffarm they've ever seen. He had over 600 yards after contact last year. He does not run like Reggie Bush.

NFL.com: McFadden is clearly this year's best draft prospect

With NFL defensive fronts loaded with so many fast players, it is crucial to have the power to run between the tackles. McFadden has plenty of that. He is capable of repeatedly hammering into the middle, wearing down linemen and linebackers as the game progresses, and then breaking free for big runs in the third and fourth quarter.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story;jsessionid=C2B1E98E89E3AAFCDFFB900E9C040933?id=09000d5d806d601e&template=with-video&confirm=true

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/gjbronco/sports01.jpg?t=1209233182

kcchiefsus
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Naw... lookit the game film. McFadden runs between the tackles way more than cutting it outside. When the defense cheats up to stop his inside game, thats when he breaks it outside. If he does get free on the outside, thats when he busts open most of his big runs (which is why you see the outside runs on highlight films. The more mundane pounding away at the middle doesn't make that many highlight films. But it does make yards & wear down the defense.

He doesn't break tackles with his skinny chicken-legs, but has perfected a quick & mean stiffarm to get a coupla more yards. Some coaches say its the best stiffarm they've ever seen. He had over 600 yards after contact last year. He does not run like Reggie Bush.

NFL.com: McFadden is clearly this year's best draft prospect

With NFL defensive fronts loaded with so many fast players, it is crucial to have the power to run between the tackles. McFadden has plenty of that. He is capable of repeatedly hammering into the middle, wearing down linemen and linebackers as the game progresses, and then breaking free for big runs in the third and fourth quarter.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story;jsessionid=C2B1E98E89E3AAFCDFFB900E9C040933?id=09000d5d806d601e&template=with-video&confirm=true

Well guess what. The NFL is going to start placing a new emphasis on penalizing stiff arms to the face. So I really hope McFadden tries it because he is going to get penalized almost every time.

And the talent in the NFL is a big jump from the SEC. What worked for him in college will not work for him in the NFL. And I love how that link says McFadden has the strength to pound it up the middle when NFL draft analyst Mike Mayock ranked McFadden as the #2 back since his legs go dead on impact with a defender. He will not be able to break tackles in the NFL like that. To be able to break tackles a runner has to keep his legs churning. McFadden does not do that.

Herzig
04-29-2008, 06:57 PM

He does have a great stiffy....arm that is.

kcchiefsus
04-29-2008, 07:05 PM
He does have a great stiffy....arm that is.

And the NFL has placed an emphasis on penalizing stiff arms to the facemask this year. So that crap won't cut it in the NFL.

CrazyPhuD
04-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Yet another thread where we need TAGS!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Count Alex's Wins
04-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey Ugly F*ck, tell us again how Bowe is nothing without Russell throwing him the ball. ROFL

Ugly Duck
04-29-2008, 09:10 PM
And I love how that link says McFadden has the strength to pound it up the middle when NFL draft analyst Mike Mayock ranked McFadden as the #2 back since his legs go dead on impact with a defender.

NFL.com watches game film.... thats why they say that. They watch film & count the times he goes straight into the line & add up the yards after contact. Mike Mayock (who's he?) should do the same.