PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft 2009 NFL Draft Predictions

Chief Chief
04-29-2008, 03:08 PM
http://fannation.com/blogs/post/185277?bccn=yes

Despite having a wonderful draft and a softer schedule in 2008, KC somehow manages to finish with a similar record as 2007. But, that crafty CP (yes, he's still at the helm I reckon) moves up to the 1st pick from the 4th and grabs the QB from Georgia. Obviously, the 2008 losses can primarily be pinned on Croyle. The good news? The Faiders had a worse record than our Chiefs.

Dicky McElephant
04-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

That's who I want to see the Chiefs draft in 09.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

Dorsey and Maualuga - next Buchanan and Lanier combo for the Chiefs

Dicky McElephant
04-29-2008, 03:12 PM
I know everyone wants Oher......but if Albert turns out to be our LT for the next 10 years....then I can't see paying that much money to Oher for him to be our RT. We need to get a MLB on this team....either that or another CB.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2008, 03:13 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/owXgLCbw5YU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/owXgLCbw5YU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mecca
04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I know everyone wants Oher......but if Albert turns out to be our LT for the next 10 years....then I can't see paying that much money to Oher for him to be our RT. We need to get a MLB on this team....either that or another CB.

I think Andre Smith is better than Oher....either way there will be 2 top notch OT prospects next year, even if Albert is good it will be hard to pass, Smith is going to get a Pace type of grade.

Either way there will be about 10-12 very very high level prospects next year.

tyton75
04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Tim Tebow.. he will declare for next years draft and I want him!! :)

B_Ambuehl
04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
They will need a quarterback and pass rusher. Which way do you go? My prediction: Draft a pass rusher and sign a veteran quarterback. hahahaha The more things change, the more they stay the same.

StcChief
04-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I can see Carl labeling Croyle as scapegoat. This year's Solari.

MIAdragon
04-29-2008, 03:38 PM

yuck.

ChiefHusker
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Tebow is not a pro-style quarterback. Why don't we just bring in Eric Crouch for God sakes.

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2008, 06:47 PM

Double yuck

Direckshun
04-29-2008, 07:41 PM
We should definitely go MLB or WR at this point.

If Albert pans out, there's no OL spot worth taking in the top ten, where I assume we'll be.

pr_capone
04-29-2008, 07:45 PM

http://www.tammiefritsch.com/laughs/images/puke.jpg

Mecca
04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
We should definitely go MLB or WR at this point.

If Albert pans out, there's no OL spot worth taking in the top ten, where I assume we'll be.

I actually disagree with that, if Andre Smith gets the grade I think he will then you slide Albert to another spot...

If you completely stay away from OL to me you start looking at Maualuga and George Selvie.

Direckshun
04-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I forgot that we should also consider DE.

I feel sketchy about Selvie as a 4-3 DE, even in a scheme that prefers smaller DEs like ours... Selvie's barely over 250. I haven't seen a lot of him, though. Every time I watched USF's defense I was watching their corners.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
As long as we don't pick a guy like Laurenaitis or Tyson Jackson they are not fits in our defense at all....

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Tebow is not a pro-style quarterback. Why don't we just bring in Eric Crouch for God sakes.

People have differing opinions on whether Tebow will make it in the NFL or not but for **** sake do not compare him to Eric Crouch. Eric Crouch makes Tim Tebow look like Peyton Manning.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Tim Tebow in my view is like a bigger Alex Smith, I don't think I'd ever touch a Meyer QB.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Tim Tebow in my view is like a bigger Alex Smith, I don't think I'd ever touch a Meyer QB.

Who knows how he'll be when he gets to play, but you consider John Brantley to be in the Alex Smith mold as well???

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Tim Tebow won't be able to run like he does in the NFL either. He runs like a power back, that would get him killed in the pros.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Who knows how he'll be when he gets to play, but you consider John Brantley to be in the Alex Smith mold as well???

I haven't really seen him to even have a view...

Next years best players won't be QB's so Croyles got 2 years.

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I haven't really seen him to even have a view...

Next years best players won't be QB's so Croyles got 2 years.

While next years QB class looks outright bad, its too early to tell who might rise. Clearly there isn't an elite prospect, but there are always guys who emerge. Who would have though Flacco would have been a first round pick a year ago? There might be someone worth taking in the 2nd round.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Tim Tebow won't be able to run like he does in the NFL either. He runs like a power back, that would get him killed in the pros.

This year Tebow wont be running like he did last year. 2008 will be the season to really judge his pro potential.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:27 PM
While next years QB class looks outright bad, its too early to tell who might rise. Clearly there isn't an elite prospect, but there are always guys who emerge. Who would have though Flacco would have been a first round pick a year ago? There might be someone worth taking in the 2nd round.

Well this team will likely have a top 5 pick, would you take any of these QB's over guys like Andre Smith, Rey Maualuga and Malcolm Jenkins..or even the DE's like Selvie and Michael Johnson..

This doesn't even count Michael Crabtree, just to many guys that are head and shoulders better than the QB's.

rtmike
04-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

+1 What little I've seen of him play has been impressive to say the least.

Another year of Harris flopping and Edwards getting hurt will make LB a glaring weakness after next year.

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Well this team will likely have a top 5 pick, would you take any of these QB's over guys like Andre Smith, Rey Maualuga and Malcolm Jenkins..or even the DE's like Selvie and Michael Johnson..

This doesn't even count Michael Crabtree, just to many guys that are head and shoulders better than the QB's.

I was thinking more along the lines of using our high 2nd rounder or trading back into the late first. I don't want to skip over an elite prospect with our top pick to take a qb. That said I don't know if there will be any qbs I will want, I'm just saying that its too early to know for sure that Croyle has two years.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Three stars at MLB available next year: Laurinaitis, Maualuga, and Spikes.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Mark Laurenaitis off, he's not nearly the scheme fit that the others are......Maualuga plays in our defense right now basically SC runs a cover 2 styled defense and Spikes has the speed, I think those 2 are much better fits.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Dorsey, Hali, Maualuga, DJ, Flowers, Morgan that could be one nasty defense.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Brian Cushing may be better than Maualuga is, just throwing it out there since I see them all the time.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Mark Laurenaitis off, he's not nearly the scheme fit that the others are......Maualuga plays in our defense right now basically SC runs a cover 2 styled defense and Spikes has the speed, I think those 2 are much better fits.

I'd take Maualuga over Laurinaitis for his altheticism and all-out play. Spikes, IMO, has the most potential of the 3 as he's only a junior and has a rock-solid ideal LB build. If he progresses as much as I expect this season he'll be an absolute monster.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Brian Cushing may be better than Maualuga is, just throwing it out there since I see them all the time.

Cushing was a stud coming out of HS. I haven't really seen him play much at SC, though. Can he play ILB or is he strictly SSLB?

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 08:37 PM
I question the need to spend a top 10 pick on a cover 2 lb. Players for our system can be found in later rounds. Look at the Colts.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Cushing was a stud coming out of HS. I haven't really seen him play much at SC, though. Can he play ILB or is he strictly SSLB?

I think he can do pretty much anything, I don't feel he is system or position limited. At one point they had him playing a stand up rush end spot. He's played drop out coverage..he's wildly versatile and talented.

As far as the taking a LB that high post, I think it's worth it if you feel the player is "that" good. Would you give up a top 10 pick for Ray Lewis in his prime..I would.

Look what Derrick Brooks has meant to Tampa.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2008, 08:42 PM
They ought to consider trading up for Lauriantis or whatever his name is. Last big hole on the defense other than DE.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
They ought to consider trading up for Lauriantis or whatever his name is. Last big hole on the defense other than DE.

Maualuga is better and a better fit for our system, SC plays cover 2 so he'd basically have 4 years experience in our defense coming in.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2008, 08:44 PM

He isnt a cover 2 backer, Maualuga would be better and is better.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Maualuga is better and a better fit for our system, SC plays cover 2 so he'd basically have 4 years experience in our defense coming in.

Good to know. And you'd bust a nut.

Brock
04-29-2008, 08:46 PM
If Laurenitis is a better player, the Chiefs should draft him. I don't give a crap about systems, systems come and go.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Part of the reason why you look at SC D players for our team, especially in the back 7 is that SC plays cover 2 so they are talented guys that have been coached and played in our defense already they should come in and pick it up in the snap of a finger.

the Talking Can
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
like it or not, if Croyle doesn't prove himself this year, we'll trade for a QB or get one in FA....

with one more draft, most of our holes could be filled, the rest can be addressed in FA...and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Herm say "well, we've got a good young team, we just need a QB who is ready now to lead them..."

and, given the apparent weak quality of QBs in the next draft, it might make sense...unfortunately...

get a MLB,DE, and OL in the draft...get a QB a and #2 WR in FA...we could/should be competing in 2009....

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
I think he can do pretty much anything, I don't feel he is system or position limited. At one point they had him playing a stand up rush end spot. He's played drop out coverage..he's wildly versatile and talented.

As far as the taking a LB that high post, I think it's worth it if you feel the player is "that" good. Would you give up a top 10 pick for Ray Lewis in his prime..I would.

Look what Derrick Brooks has meant to Tampa.

Thats true. You could also use the Bears as an example. Still the pass rush is key, I would hope to add a pass rushing DE is one worthy of the pick is there.

As for Cushing, I would like to see if he can stay healthy for a year. He's a great player, but all these injuries would make me hesitant to draft him.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Thats true. You could also use the Bears as an example. Still the pass rush is key, I would hope to add a pass rushing DE is one worthy of the pick is there.

Look at Urlacher, he was top 10 pick for the Bears.

Reerun_KC
04-29-2008, 08:58 PM
like it or not, if Croyle doesn't prove himself this year, we'll trade for a QB or get one in FA....

with one more draft, most of our holes could be filled, the rest can be addressed in FA...and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Herm say "well, we've got a good young team, we just need a QB who is ready now to lead them..."

and, given the apparent weak quality of QBs in the next draft, it might make sense...unfortunately...

get a MLB,DE, and OL in the draft...get a QB a and #2 WR in FA...we could/should be competing in 2009....
This has all the makings for a draft day trade for Chad Pennington....

the Talking Can
04-29-2008, 09:02 PM
This has all the makings for a draft day trade for Chad Pennington....

no, thankfully that ship will have sailed...I'm think more of a back-up who looked good in the Schaub/Hassleback genre...someone younger, not a Vet castoff like Pennington/Brunell....

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:03 PM
no, thankfully that ship will have sailed...I'm think more of a back-up who looked good in the Schaub/Hassleback genre...someone younger, not a Vet castoff like Pennington/Brunell....

Do you have anyone in mind?

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Hit in the nuts for anybody who says Derek Anderson.

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 09:04 PM

Hopefully not the next AJ Feely.

the Talking Can
04-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Do you have anyone in mind?

no, i'm just speculating on their strategy....the truth is we need a franchise QB, but there really hasn't been one/won't be one available in the draft...

i think, given our huge draft, that they will not want to wait yet another year for a QB given how much young ascending talent we *should* have....

someone like Anderson in Cleveland will definitely be on their radar, imho...i'm not sure what backup QBs are out there that might seem sexy...

the Talking Can
04-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Hit in the nuts for anybody who says Derek Anderson.

ROFL

sorry....but you know they'll sniff in that direction...

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:19 PM
If you waited till say the draft after next to go with a QB and drafted well next year with UDFA's and some FAs in general that next year, with a QB and some other picks, you might drop a young QB into a really good spot like the Steelers did...

the Talking Can
04-29-2008, 09:23 PM
If you waited till say the draft after next to go with a QB and drafted well next year with UDFA's and some FAs in general that next year, with a QB and some other picks, you might drop a young QB into a really good spot like the Steelers did...

i agree....its just a question of their patience....and whether Croyle can tease them enough for one more year....but if he flames out this year, i suspect they'll panic...

KCinNY
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM

I hear Jamelle Holloway is available.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Its looking like 2010 draft might be better for quarterbacks - Bradford, Freeman, whoever wins the USC job, etc.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Its looking like 2010 draft might be better for quarterbacks - Bradford, Freeman, whoever wins the USC job, etc.

2008 - 4-12
2009 - 4-12
2010 - Herm fired, Carl retires, new head coach, stud rookie QB

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:31 PM
If they had another good draft class I doubt they go 4-12 again...

It's possible Bradford comes out next year..and I think Sanchez is a senior now at SC junior or a senior.

milkman
04-30-2008, 01:54 PM

Hey, maybe the Pack will be looking to deal Aaron Rogers by then.

Ok, that was a joke.

I'll be watching Georgia with great interest this season, because I see Matt Stafford as a guy that might have a very good season, who will then enter the draft.

I would be surprised if he doesn't emerge as the best QB in next year's QB crop.