PDA

View Full Version : Poop Police State America Marches Forward

Taco John
04-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Watch the cops abuse innocent people... and tell yourself it could never happen to you.

http://glassbeadcollective.blip.tv/file/784711/

Frankie
04-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Should this be in D.C.?

Taco John
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Why? It it political?

I put a throwing poop icon on it.

pr_capone
04-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Why were the cops going after the bicyclists to begin with?

the ones riding... not taking pictures, though that in itself makes me ill

Deberg_1990
04-29-2008, 05:52 PM

Exactly. Those turds obviously did something wrong to provoke this.

Heres an idea for people that cry "Police Brutality!" Dont break the law and try acting like an upstanding citizen.

TinyEvel
04-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Shouldn't this be in the GTA IV thread??@!!

Jenson71
04-29-2008, 05:57 PM
1. I can see no reason why Ms. Lin was arrested. I'm glad the citizens kind of grouped around in support of her.

2. There seems to be more to the story with the police going after the bikers that we aren't told.

3. This seems to be more of a community issue, rather than National. Cops in NY are trained to be harder on even the smallest of incidents. It's the broken windows method of policing.

4. What constitutional right are you waving by allowing the police to see your ID? I'm not arguing, I'm just honestly don't know.

5. It sounds like most of the charges were dismissed. The courts rule in the end. Maintain a powerful and independent court system, and there is no worry of a police state.

KCChiefsMan
04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
this country sucks

Demonpenz
04-29-2008, 06:00 PM
i always swerve trying to knock over those lance armstrong mother ****ers get on the sidewalK!

Frazod
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Perhaps we were better off when Times Square was crawling with druggies and hookers. :shake:

pr_capone
04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Perhaps we were better off when Times Square was crawling with druggies and hookers. :shake:
That reminds me... anyone know where I can get a dime bag and a blowjob in Wichita?

:D

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM

You not a fan of one stop shopping?

Deberg_1990
04-29-2008, 06:05 PM
this country sucks

Theres always Uganda

Taco John
04-29-2008, 06:08 PM

Perhaps Times Square would be better off if there were no smoking allowed there period. Looks like they've got the enforcement set up to make it happen.

BigVE
04-29-2008, 06:12 PM
That reminds me... anyone know where I can get a dime bag and a blowjob in Wichita?

I thought everyone in our part of the state new the answer to this...South Broadway or downtown Douglas...right?

pr_capone
04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I thought everyone in our part of the state new the answer to this...South Broadway or downtown Douglas...right?

I don't go on S. Broadway at night.... TBH, it spooks me. :(

Pic
04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/Picturesspeaklouder/badcop.jpg

Frazod
04-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Has the NY media picked up on this? You'd think they'd have a field day with it.

MTG#10
04-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Why is it that in all these police brutality stories the camera only turns on after the police were provoked? :hmmm:

Valiant
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM

the ones riding... not taking pictures, though that in itself makes me ill

I am sure something happened to force the cops to go after the bicyclists but the way the cops acted is criminal in itself.. If there were no reprimands or suspensions I might be filing a case against them if I were the people arrested..

Valiant
04-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Why is it that in all these police brutality stories the camera only turns on after the police were provoked? :hmmm:

Police officers are not suppose to be brutal period.. Granted I would give them leeway on a cop killer, but their demeanor in the situation was completely wrong.. Hence all of the dismissals..

This is like the spygate deal with the Patriots.. We know they are guilty but we are just going to sweep this under the rug and hope it goes away..

ChiefaRoo
04-29-2008, 06:37 PM

Umm, aren't you a molder of young minds? :)

Valiant
04-29-2008, 06:39 PM
1. I can see no reason why Ms. Lin was arrested. I'm glad the citizens kind of grouped around in support of her.

2. There seems to be more to the story with the police going after the bikers that we aren't told.

3. This seems to be more of a community issue, rather than National. Cops in NY are trained to be harder on even the smallest of incidents. It's the broken windows method of policing.

4. What constitutional right are you waving by allowing the police to see your ID? I'm not arguing, I'm just honestly don't know.

5. It sounds like most of the charges were dismissed. The courts rule in the end. Maintain a powerful and independent court system, and there is no worry of a police state.

2.Agree, but it does not give the cops permission to falsely arrest someone and make up charges..

3.Does not make it right..

4.You are not required to show your license, hell even with the new flight rules and restrictions you do not have to show your license while you fly.. It is more of hassle and checkpoint but it is not a law to do so.. The Star did an article about it a month ago..

5.The charges were dismissed because they were made up.. If I am a lawyer I would advise possibly going after those involved.. Even if they people did something to start the incident at first, the cops are caught on tape lying and be deceptive in their reasons.. Harder training or not, they need to be fired..

pr_capone
04-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Umm, aren't you a molder of young minds? :)

Hrm... you have a point. I could prolly get both from one of the parents judging by the kids I have at my school.

/ I KEED

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
FTR, if the facts as presented on this video are entirely accurate, police in this situation have not conducted themselves professionally. I suspect there is more to this story though.

Wow...ya think? :spock:

Nah; they wouldn't do that, would they? :rolleyes: (eyeroll at them, not you...)

GOOD question. None that I know of....it's actually a matter of state law in most places, unless it involves federal property or law enforcement officials of course. As a matter of state law, it varies from state to state.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Until we know what happened in the minutes leading up to it... I'm not falling for this one. Why did this guy have a camera rolling and why (as mentioned earlier) are we just seeing the brutality portion?

Police state... please, I dunno what happened before this crap started. If it were a white guy getting beat down by a white cop, would there be a thread?

Brock
04-29-2008, 07:36 PM

I heard the new hangout for Wichitrash is a place called Old Town.

Adept Havelock
04-29-2008, 07:36 PM
While I agree we do not know what happened in this specific instance...
If it were a white guy getting beat down by a white cop, would there be a thread?

I'd hope so.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

We do. As citizens, IMO, it is one of our duties. It goes hand in hand with respecting the Thin Blue Line.

Sadly, there are some that wear it who choose to dishonor their badge. Due to them, I am glad we have so many cameras in private hands.

Spott
04-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I feel safer knowing that cops have now moved up to arresting bicyclists instead of skateboarders.

Taco John
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
If it were a white guy getting beat down by a white cop, would there be a thread?

Why wouldn't there be? Here's one that was posted months ago about a hispanic cop abusing his power over a white guy. I'm not sure what the color of skin matters here.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMaMYL_shxc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMaMYL_shxc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>