Notes

- Waited for blockbuster trade for Dorsey, never came apparently

- Said right now, Herm plans on Albert playing RT

- Compared Albert to Roaf and Shields, in terms of playing in space

- Said JA trade was a good deal because of where he was drafted

- Actually said that this is a rebuilding phase for the Chiefs

Coach
04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
It'd be smarter to just go ahead and plug him in the LT instead of RT. But considering the fact that he's going to play, I guess I can't complain too much.

doomy3
04-29-2008, 08:55 PM
McIntosch is much more suited for LT than he RT and because Albert will be learning a somewhat new position at tackle, and run blocking is his strength, there is some logic to him starting out on the right side.

Marco Polo
04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
McIntosch is much more suited for LT than he RT and because Albert will be learning a somewhat new position at tackle, and run blocking is his strength, there is some logic to him starting out on the right side.

Herm does know what he's doing?

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Here is the link for anyone interested:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8081095c

Reerun_KC
04-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Herm does know what he's doing?
When did that start?

ROFL

BigRedChief
04-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Albert at RT? I guess Herm knows more than me about football so I guess we will see if this is the best use of Albert.

Brock
04-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Jake Long's probably going to start at RT too. If you're going to run right a lot rather than passing a lot, it makes sense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't have a huge problem with this. It probably means that this will be our line:

LT McIntosh
LG Waters
C Rudy/Smith
RG Richardson
RT Albert

With Herb playing super sub on the right side, and Svitek backing up LT, and the loser of Rudy and Wade manning the backup center and guard spots.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:11 PM
If Albert plays RT and is really good at it expect that first pick next year to be Andre Smith or Michael Oher...

Reerun_KC
04-29-2008, 09:12 PM
If Albert plays RT and is really good at it expect that first pick next year to be Andre Smith or Michael Oher...
Not a bad idea...

couldnt hurt to have two solid tackles...

the Talking Can
04-29-2008, 09:14 PM
that's a lot of $$$$ for a RT....

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM

It's not a bad investment if he's good at it. Look at how much Hutchinson got to play f*ckin' guard. Think about how bad Terry and Turley were and how much it affected our offense. Degenerate f*cking c*nts.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Not a bad idea...

couldnt hurt to have two solid tackles...

Smith reminds me of Pace and Oher reminds me of Walter Jones, to me those guys will both he awesome players and are far better than any OT from this draft.

Reerun_KC
04-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Smith reminds me of Pace and Oher reminds me of Walter Jones, to me those guys will both he awesome players and are far better than any OT from this draft.
Fair enough,

I just want the line to gel, so we can get a true indication whether or not Croyle is the future or not.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Honestly no matter what happens, if they had a shot at either of those guys you gotta take em.

StcChief
04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Smith reminds me of Pace and Oher reminds me of Walter Jones, to me those guys will both he awesome players and are far better than any OT from this draft.all it takes is another bad season.

J Diddy
04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
is there a price difference between right tackles and left tackles?

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:29 PM

Most people just think it's not worth it to pay a RT as much, anymore I'm starting to disagree with teams like the Giants and all these 3-4 teams bringing rushers from everywhere.

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 09:29 PM

Left tackles earn alot more money. This is an interesting thing to bring up because if we move Albert to RT permanently he might leave us like Tait in order to earn more more at LT.

Hydrae
04-29-2008, 09:35 PM
I have heard that there is a definate difference in the play of the two different tackle positions so if we get him ingrained on the right it may not work to move him later.

Claynus
04-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Albert played LG most of his college career. Moving him to the right side seems dumb.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Left tackles earn alot more money. This is an interesting thing to bring up because if we move Albert to RT permanently he might leave us like Tait in order to earn more more at LT.

I'm starting to disagree with that philosophy with all the 3-4 teams and teams with stockpiled ends. Either way as long as you pay em I doubt they care.

Zouk
04-29-2008, 09:37 PM

His future is at left tackle. It's just a question of getting his feet wet at the poisiton in the pros before putting him on an island on Croyle's blind side. There's precedence for stuff like this - Jon Ogden was a guard his rookie year.

J Diddy
04-29-2008, 09:37 PM

my thinking is carl is saying this to pay him less

which

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:39 PM
my thinking is carl is saying this to pay him less

which

It won't matter, it's all slotted, it wouldn't matter what position he played.

Rausch
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
all it takes is another bad season.

Or trading up.

How about we just ****ing win and trade up?...

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah, rookie salaries aren't really based on position unless you're a qb.

J Diddy
04-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Or trading up.

How about we just ****ing win and trade up?...

not the philosophy we subscribe to

ChiefaRoo
04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Did Carl mention "the plan"?

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
If you go with Albert at RT and Richardson at RG you've got 2 huge athletic guys over there....I'd come back next year and look to get Smith or Oher and then follow that with one of the top notch C prospects and that pretty much sets the line.

ChiefaRoo
04-29-2008, 09:44 PM
If you go with Albert at RT and Richardson at RG you've got 2 huge athletic guys over there....I'd come back next year and look to get Smith or Oher and then follow that with one of the top notch C prospects and that pretty much sets the line.

That would be sweet if it works out that way.

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:45 PM
That would be sweet if it works out that way.

It could, Centers don't generally go high and if you are picking at the top of the round you'd likely get either Mack or Caldwell who are about as good a C prospects as I've seen in a long time.

the Talking Can
04-29-2008, 09:45 PM
His future is at left tackle. It's just a question of getting his feet wet at the poisiton in the pros before putting him on an island on Croyle's blind side. There's precedence for stuff like this - Jon Ogden was a guard his rookie year.

yeah, I know...i was responding to the idea of leaving him at RT and drafting a LT next year....

Rausch
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
not the philosophy we subscribe to

If Carl wants his subscription renewed he better...

Mecca
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
If Carl wants his subscription renewed he better...

We're going to have atleast 1 more really bad year......I'm gonna be shocked if this team wins more than 3-5 games.

Rausch
04-29-2008, 09:52 PM
We're going to have atleast 1 more really bad year......I'm gonna be shocked if this team wins more than 3-5 games.

Is another bad year likely?

Yeah.

More talent, youth, and health should have an impact on the final record. Within reason of course. 2 or 3 games is not unrealistic. If there is no improvement at all someone isn't doing their job...