PDA

View Full Version : Tags?

SPchief
04-29-2008, 10:10 PM
What happened to the tags at the bottom of each thread?

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2008, 10:11 PM
You were abusing them so we removed the feature.

CrazyPhuD
04-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Tags are for Fags

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 10:13 PM
DaFace and Morphius thought there was too much potential for abuse. Apparently the mods can't see who is adding what tags.

SPchief
04-29-2008, 10:16 PM
DaFace and Morphius thought there was too much potential for abuse. Apparently the mods can't see who is adding what tags.

I can understand that, but the tags were getting pretty amusing.

VonneMarie
04-29-2008, 10:23 PM
They should have started a poll... I'm just saying.

SPchief
04-29-2008, 10:23 PM
They should have started a poll... I'm just saying.

This place is now a communist regime

stlchiefs
04-29-2008, 10:24 PM
They became too much fun, so like all good authority figures, the Mods took them away from us.

Brock
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Tags were way better than rep. A lot more entertainment value.

VonneMarie

Every other issue they started a poll, why not this one? It's bullshit.

SPchief
I wonder if Fatchatter has them :)

VonneMarie
04-29-2008, 10:26 PM
They became too much fun, so like all good authority figures, the Mods took them away from us.

Bingo.

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Every other issue they started a poll, why not this one? It's bullshit.

It's Not the People Who Vote On Polls that Count; It's the People Who Count the Votes.

HMc
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
ah yeah they were okay until every thread had "hamas loves the cock" under it etc...i used to think that shit was funny, then i turned 12

StcChief
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
The communist conversion of Chiefsplanet continues :rolleyes:

the old version never had them. Get over it.

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2008, 10:30 PM
At least give us a poll.

morphius
04-29-2008, 10:30 PM
After talking it over with morphius for a while, we decided to kill them. We'd gotten complaints from various posters about them in the past few days.

I actually liked them and thought they were pretty funny at first, but they quickly deteriorated into the kind of thing you'd find written in a high school bathroom stall. I'm all for poop threads and general dumbassery, but do we really want things like "goatse eats menstruation" being the first things that people see when they visit the Planet?

The other issue was that they are completely untraceable. For example, if it ever got to the point that we had someone going around and making threats in tags (a bannable offense), we wouldn't be able to identify the source at all.

I guess, it comes down to this:
-Serving a useful purpose? No
-Humorous? Somewhat
-Annoying people? Somewhat
-Possibility of being a long-term problem? Definitely

Anyway, sorry for those of you who got a kick out of them. Feel free to leave the same types of comments as a normal post with your name attached to it if you feel the need.

Here is the first thread created...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184008

J Diddy
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
The communist conversion of Chiefsplanet continues :rolleyes:

the old version never had them. Get over it.

yeah

old version didn't have rep either

VonneMarie
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Bull.

VonneMarie
04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Was there a way for people to turn them off like the avatars and sigs?

morphius
04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Bingo.
We talked about it, but after the third day of discussing it some of the tags were nothing but crude personal attacks, which we really don't condone here anyway.

morphius
04-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Was there a way for people to turn them off like the avatars and sigs?
No, we both looked into that.

morphius
04-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Bull.
What do you mean, bull?

Der Flöprer
04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Tags were way better than rep. A lot more entertainment value.

Word.

J Diddy
04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
We talked about it, but after the third day of discussing it some of the tags were nothing but crude personal attacks, which we really don't condone here anyway.

no, here at the planet we prefer sophisticated personal attacks

CrazyPhuD
04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Actually I'm surprised they were untraceable. They had to be traceable at some level. Why you could only add two and the system knew which ones you had added before, they should have been traceable. If they are and individuals abuse them then they should lose their tagging ability. The whole board shouldn't lose it because a few are dumbasses. It's like public rep comments. But on that sense each should show the user. For both punishment for a bad tag and praise for a good one.

VonneMarie
04-29-2008, 10:37 PM
What do you mean, bull?

Taking away the tags was bullsh!t. But, whatever.

morphius
04-29-2008, 10:42 PM
I mean heck, Ari and I aren't what I would call close and here is the list with just his name:
ari cries sperm
ari drinks gallons of cum
ari drinks tiger piss
ari has gnatballs
ari in drag
ari is a bitch
ari is a bottom
ari is a dumbass
ari is a top
ari isa dumbass
ari likes felching tigers
ari likes it in the ass
ari likes little boys
ari likes to felch tigers
ari loves the penis
ari masturbates fleas
ari screwed my alpaca
ari screwed my hampster
ari squats to pee
ari stole my gerbil

Not exactly inviting for people to join if this is the crap one has to put up with.
<label for="tag1968_1"></label>

J Diddy
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
I mean heck, Ari and I aren't what I would call close and here is the list with just his name:
ari cries sperm
ari drinks tiger piss
ari has gnatballs
ari in drag
ari is a bitch
ari is a bottom
ari is a dumbass
ari is a top
ari isa dumbass
ari likes it in the ass
ari likes little boys
ari loves the penis
ari masturbates fleas
ari screwed my alpaca
ari screwed my hampster
ari squats to pee
ari stole my gerbil

Not exactly inviting for people to join if this is the crap one has to put up with.
<LABEL for=tag1968_1></LABEL>

If i owned a gerbil I would know to keep it away from Ari

PSA

morphius
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Taking away the tags was bullsh!t. But, whatever.
That is why we have DC, so we can all learn to hate each other :D

J Diddy
04-29-2008, 10:45 PM

too much religion and politics in Dc

88TG88
04-29-2008, 10:45 PM
ari cries sperm
ari drinks tiger piss
ari has gnatballs
ari in drag
ari is a bitch
ari is a bottom
ari is a dumbass
ari is a top
ari isa dumbass
ari likes it in the ass
ari likes little boys
ari loves the penis
ari masturbates fleas
ari screwed my alpaca
ari screwed my hampster
ari squats to pee
ari stole my gerbil

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

man I miss tags

KCwolf
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
ari cries sperm
ari drinks tiger piss
ari has gnatballs
ari in drag
ari is a bitch
ari is a bottom
ari is a dumbass
ari is a top
ari isa dumbass
ari likes it in the ass
ari likes little boys
ari loves the penis
ari masturbates fleas
ari screwed my alpaca
ari screwed my hampster
ari squats to pee
ari stole my gerbil

U GOTTA ADMIT....Ari masturbates fleas is pretty damn funny. ROFL

VonneMarie
ari cries sperm
ari drinks tiger piss
ari has gnatballs
ari in drag
ari is a bitch
ari is a bottom
ari is a dumbass
ari is a top
ari isa dumbass
ari likes it in the ass
ari likes little boys
ari loves the penis
ari masturbates fleas
ari screwed my alpaca
ari screwed my hampster
ari squats to pee
ari stole my gerbil

Those are AWESOME! LMAO

CrazyPhuD

ROFL....some kid was killed at a zoo for trying that.

Brock
04-29-2008, 10:47 PM
ari cries sperm
ari drinks tiger piss
ari has gnatballs
ari in drag
ari is a bitch
ari is a bottom
ari is a dumbass
ari is a top
ari isa dumbass
ari likes it in the ass
ari likes little boys
ari loves the penis
ari masturbates fleas
ari screwed my alpaca
ari screwed my hampster
ari squats to pee
ari stole my gerbil

Are you saying 1. Ari doesn't bring this on himself, and 2. Ari cares about these things? Because, uh....

Used to be, you had to have thick skin to post here. Are we turning this place into a "nice" board?

CrazyPhuD
04-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Are you saying 1. Ari doesn't bring this on himself, and 2. Ari cares about these things? Because, uh....

Used to be, you had to have thick skin to post here. Are we turning this place into a "nice" board?

It's the new PC CP....only those without balls can play....

VonneMarie
04-29-2008, 10:50 PM

Ahyuck.

stlchiefs
04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
If i owned a gerbil I would know to keep it away from Ari

PSA

Yep, I used to have a hamster, now I know if I ever get another one I should keep it away. I also know that Ari squats when he pees, therefore if I'm ever at a party with Ari I'll be sure to put the seat down so he doesn't fall in.

Tags were like a kumbaya way of learning interest facts about other posters. :D

Basileus777
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Tags have changed my life, I know I'll never look at the word gargles quite the same way ever again.

morphius
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM

I'm not saying anything about Ari, his name came up first alphabetically, but it isn't the image that we want the site to portray. Tags are supposed to be used to tell about the thread, and be a way to search for things of interest, not show all the things that people and their one kinky ex liked to spend their free time. hehe.

VonneMarie
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Love thy tags.

CrazyPhuD
04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm not saying anything about Ari, his name came up first alphabetically, but it isn't the image that we want the site to portray. Tags are supposed to be used to tell about the thread, and be a way to search for things of interest, not show all the things that people and their one kinky ex liked to spend their free time. hehe.

Sure that may be true but with tags people who are google searching felching tigers are likely to find the planet. More people is good right? Or are we becoming elitist in who we let post here? :harumph:

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
But how else would I know that WPI sucks butt?

SPchief
04-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Are you telling me that you don't think that "ari drinks tiger piss" is funny

DaFace
04-29-2008, 11:00 PM

I actually liked them and thought they were funny at first, but they were just getting out of hand. As I said in the other thread, you are more than welcome to continue posting that type of comment in the thread itself. :)

morphius
04-29-2008, 11:01 PM
I think my 7 year old might, but meh. Of course I don't break out in laughter when people fart either...

smittysbar
04-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Got to admit I was getting a kick out of the tags. But I do see your point

cdcox
04-29-2008, 11:12 PM
morphius' flatulance is not funny!

SPchief
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I actually liked them and thought they were funny at first, but they were just getting out of hand. As I said in the other thread, you are more than welcome to continue posting that type of comment in the thread itself. :)

I allready have

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost34555606968 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

DaFace
04-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I allready have

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost34555606968 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

Heh...you ain't gettin me with that crap THIS time. :p

morphius
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I allready have

nice try, but as the starter of this disaster of bringing rickroll to the BB, well, I'm not clicking nuthin!

SPchief
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Heh...you ain't gettin me with that crap THIS time. :p

nice try, but as the starter of this disaster of bringing rickroll to the BB, well, I'm not clicking nuthin!

I'm trying to find a way to hide the youtube link. any suggestions? I've seen it done somewhere else, but can't figure it out.

morphius
04-29-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm trying to find a way to hide the youtube link. any suggestions? I've seen it done somewhere else, but can't figure it out.
of course I do, but I ain't sharing...

Frazod
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM
ari cries sperm
ari drinks tiger piss
ari has gnatballs
ari in drag
ari is a bitch
ari is a bottom
ari is a dumbass
ari is a top
ari isa dumbass
ari likes it in the ass
ari likes little boys
ari loves the penis
ari masturbates fleas
ari screwed my alpaca
ari screwed my hampster
ari squats to pee
ari stole my gerbil

And he's earned every damned one of them.

ClevelandBronco
04-30-2008, 12:33 AM

You're of a similar political stripe as I.

This place should be a dictatorship run entirely by the whims of its owner.

blueballs
04-30-2008, 01:51 AM
ari cries sperm
ari drinks tiger piss
ari has gnatballs
ari in drag
ari is a bitch
ari is a bottom
ari is a dumbass
ari is a top
ari isa dumbass
ari likes it in the ass
ari likes little boys
ari loves the penis
ari masturbates fleas
ari screwed my alpaca
ari screwed my hampster
ari squats to pee
ari stole my gerbil

last time I laughed this hard
the doctor told Ari he got salmonella from choking his chicken

Taco John
04-30-2008, 01:53 AM
Tags here were great. They added a lot of unexpected comedy gold to threads. :)

Fairplay
04-30-2008, 05:30 AM
Check out post 18-19 i about died laughing.

MTG#10 didn't do his tag right. lol

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183975&page=2

Mr. Plow
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
I think the real problem that everyone is missing with this "Tag" deal is that something is definitely wrong with the search feature.

stlchiefs
04-30-2008, 09:18 AM

ROFL
That's hilarious. I guess that's what we'll have to start doing without tags now.

StcChief
04-30-2008, 09:23 AM
tags 'could be good for future seaches', but BS tags won't help it's just noise to slow down process. Good move removing them.

Addressing tag tracking aguement....

tags per thread/per user. obvious a counter is used. maybe not what tag you applied.

eazyb81
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Tags raped my father and impregnated my dog.

StcChief
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Tags raped my father and impregnated my dog.
and they liked it :D

DaFace
04-30-2008, 09:52 AM
tags 'could be good for future seaches', but BS tags won't help it's just noise to slow down process. Good move removing them.

Addressing tag tracking aguement....

tags per thread/per user. obvious a counter is used. maybe not what tag you applied.

The issue we're running into here is that the way we were using tags is not even close to their designed use. If they were used as they were designed, there wouldn't be any need for moderation, and there would be no point in associating a user with a tag, since it's just a way of saying that a thread is about a certain topic.

As with basically anything, it's possible that the software could be modified to make it work, but it would take someone with some programming skills and a lot of time to make it work. Judging by the fact that no one's attempted to fix CPIggy since Simplex bailed, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

Right now, we only have options for 1)who can post tags, 2)allowed length of tags, 3)number of tags per user, and 4)maximum tags per thread. There's got to be a user association in there somewhere, but I sure don't know where it would be or how to find it.

StcChief
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
The issue we're running into here is that the way we were using tags is not even close to their designed use. If they were used as they were designed, there wouldn't be any need for moderation, and there would be no point in associating a user with a tag, since it's just a way of saying that a thread is about a certain topic.

As with basically anything, it's possible that the software could be modified to make it work, but it would take someone with some programming skills and a lot of time to make it work. Judging by the fact that no one's attempted to fix CPIggy since Simplex bailed, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

Right now, we only have options for 1)who can post tags, 2)allowed length of tags, 3)number of tags per user, and 4)maximum tags per thread. There's got to be a user association in there somewhere, but I sure don't know where it would be or how to find it.

if an association table (Many to many relationship a.k.a M:N) table of Thread/user/tag isn't there it would need to be created and programmed in the 'create tag' process. Now I'm guessing it just has a counter and threshold of #tags. Sounds like it's kinda close.... Again I need the schema of the tables to even attempt a guess at what would be required.

DaFace
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
if an association table (Many to many relationship a.k.a M:N) table of Thread/user/tag isn't there it would need to be created and programmed in the 'create tag' process. Now I'm guessing it just has a counter and threshold of #tags. Sounds like it's kinda close.... Again I need the schema of the tables to even attempt a guess at what would be required.

You may be right. There's certainly no indication anywhere I can find that specific users are related to specific tags.

Anyway, I'm out for a while. Time to get some work done.

MTG#10
04-30-2008, 10:08 AM

Actually that was a joke...but if its funnier to think it was accidental then...it was. :p

chasedude
04-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Oh those tags! I got it now... slow morning