PDA

View Full Version : Football Jay Cutler Has Type 1 Diabetes

ToroGuns
05-01-2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9124884

Ebolapox
05-01-2008, 08:55 PM
and elway had the face of a horse. plummer chugged cock. let's face it, they collect QBs who, while good, have physical flaws. we collect sh*tty qbs and never win the super bowl (other than the one on draft day)

:sulk:

Fish
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/jmbt/diabeetus.jpg

stlchiefs
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
"People need to understand this is very treatable," said a Broncos source. "Jay's going to be fine."

Herm? "It's going to be alright"

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Well, I guess that's better than Type 1 Herpes.

ClevelandBronco
05-01-2008, 08:59 PM
...let's face it, they collect QBs who, while good, have physical flaw...

Not true at all.

Broncos' QBs are much more likely to be mentally flawed.

the Talking Can
05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
smokescreen

he has ass cancer

Rain Man
05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
John Elway had Type 1 cheatabetes.

Count Zarth
05-01-2008, 09:06 PM
The first time Hali blindsides him, Cutler's arm will fall off.

Skip Towne
05-01-2008, 09:06 PM
John Elway had Type 1 cheatabetes.

Nice diagnosis.

Gonzo
05-01-2008, 09:11 PM

ROFLROFL

SNR
05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
This one's for you, Jay

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKOnfSSLezI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKOnfSSLezI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
05-01-2008, 09:26 PM
New gameplan against the Donkeys is to slip gobs of ice cream into Cutler's pregame meal.

CrazyPhuD
05-01-2008, 09:29 PM
So does this mean we should roll our entire DL in sugar?

BigRock
05-01-2008, 09:49 PM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1584/wilfordby4.jpg

Hi. I'm Wilford Brimley and I've had diabeetus for about 20 years. I stay active and I feel pretty good most of the time.

See, I do a few simple things now. I'm not perfect, but I try to watch my diet and exercise. And I check my blood sugar. And I get all my diabeetus testing supplies from Liberty Medical.

Like I said, I'm not perfect. I guess... some of the things I told you just now are downright fibs. Like the diet and exercise thing. When I said I watch my diet, I guess I mean I watch the minivan from Buddy's Barbecue pull up and unload about $200 worth of pork ribs onto my driveway while I stand in the doorway hiding my food boner in my Bermuda shorts.

When it comes to exercise, well, that's just a boldfaced lie. I've never moved fast enough to sweat, except when I was making a baby. Even then, I took some much-needed breaks.

My doctor isn't even sure I've got diabeetus. He just says I look like somebody who would have it.

I do check my blood sugar every day, though, just in case. And Liberty Medical brings all the teting supplies right to my door, so it's easy to keep track of my health.

(sprays whipped cream into his mouth)

Who am I kidding? That's bull hockey! I don't keep track of my health at all! People just assume I eat a lot of Quaker Oats, so I must be okay.

Hell, I wouldn’t eat oatmeal if it was the filling in a Dove bar. I can't stand that gobbledly gook. It always seems like someone else ate it first. Sorry, Quaker, but I'm Wilford Brimley, I say it how I feel it.

You know what I do like are them s'mores. And old-fashioned weddin' cake frosting -- the kind that's still got lard in it. And meringue made out of egg yolks instead of egg whites. Some people call it cholesterol, I call it just plain good.

If you have diabeetus, check your blood sugar, and you check it often. There's no reason not to. Call Liberty. They can help you have a better life.

Now, I'm gonna go get off my horse by getting onto a smaller horse, and then onto a large dog, until I'm near enough to the ground to roll off.

You take care now.

Count Zarth
05-01-2008, 09:52 PM
LMAO...is that a real sketch?

BigRock
05-01-2008, 10:03 PM
It's a classic!

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v26260_SNL__Wilford_Brimley.html

Sofa King Pimp
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Sorry bout your luck sugar pie.

noa
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
These are my testing supplies

Thig Lyfe
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
It's a classic!

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v26260_SNL__Wilford_Brimley.html

Too bad he had to die.

RIP John Goodman. :(

Pablo
05-01-2008, 10:52 PM
F*ckin p*ssy...no wonder he's such a good fit with the Broncos.

Chiefs_5627
05-01-2008, 11:17 PM

ROFLROFL

SPchief
05-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Too bad he had to die.

RIP John Goodman. :(

Such a tragedy

ClevelandBronco
05-01-2008, 11:39 PM
They played a rerun (I assume) of a Letterman show that featured him earlier tonight.

It's great that they got the Speed Racer footage in the can before he passed.

KcMizzou
05-02-2008, 12:11 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/jmbt/diabeetus.jpgI'll have nightmares about that. LMAO

I'm stealing it.

Von Dumbass
05-02-2008, 01:21 AM
This message board is trash

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2008, 02:42 AM

kstater
05-02-2008, 03:29 AM

We all drive camaro's as well.

Bugeater
05-02-2008, 05:17 AM
We all drive camaro's as well.

It's "Camero" you retart.

the Talking Can
05-02-2008, 05:25 AM

your mom is an ashtray

Saggysack
05-02-2008, 05:32 AM
It has to make you wonder how will it affect his healing time if he is injured in any way. A simple cut that would normally take a few days to heal in a normal person can take weeks with someone that has diabetes. Something more serious internally will take longer to heal as well. Bones become more brittle with Type 1 diabetes. The hits he is going to take aren't going to get any softer.

Anybody on the Broncos staff that doesn't think this won't throw a banana in the monkeys butt for his career is delusional.

Braincase
05-02-2008, 05:34 AM
You might remember me talking about my cousin a couple of years ago. He has type 1 as well, and it was the major reason he didn't pursue a career in the NFL.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-02-2008, 05:46 AM
HIT HIM IN THE PANCREAS!!!

Mr. Kotter
05-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Too bad....

Ultra Peanut
05-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Damnation! I burned my waffles!

Dave Lane
05-02-2008, 07:56 AM
The first time Hali blindsides him, Cutler's arm will fall off.

No actually if you know anything about diabetes it will be some other appendage :)

Dave

Molitoth
05-02-2008, 08:52 AM

LMAO Rep

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
It has to make you wonder how will it affect his healing time if he is injured in any way. A simple cut that would normally take a few days to heal in a normal person can take weeks with someone that has diabetes. Something more serious internally will take longer to heal as well. Bones become more brittle with Type 1 diabetes. The hits he is going to take aren't going to get any softer.

Anybody on the Broncos staff that doesn't think this won't throw a banana in the monkeys butt for his career is delusional.

The reason things take longer to heal for some diabetics is mainly because they don't have their blood sugar under control. I'm sure the broncos staff will be on this very closely, so injuries shouldn't be a big issue with him.

Hoover
05-02-2008, 10:10 AM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1584/wilfordby4.jpg
Still laughing

stlchiefs
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
You might remember me talking about my cousin a couple of years ago. He has type 1 as well, and it was the major reason he didn't pursue a career in the NFL.

Yep, that's my excuse too. I would'a been a star. :cuss:

88TG88
05-02-2008, 12:05 PM

ROFLROFL Thats some funny shit. I never thought that commercial would be so funny.

blueballs
05-04-2008, 04:14 PM
This sounds more serious than I first thought

Broncos | Cutler to wear insulin pump during practices and warm-ups
Sun, 4 May 2008 13:29:17 -0700

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler is planning to wear an insulin pump during practices and pregame warm-ups to regulate his blood-sugar level. He will take the device off for the three hours he plays in game and drink Gatorade to give his body a boost instead of letting the machine do it. He will keep a close eye on his glucose levels either between quarters or at halftime.

Mile High Mania
05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Not sure there's much humor in this one...

Overall, it sounds like they're doing the right things to watch it and control it. That's the key and it will be interesting to see how he does. There was an article in the Post that talked about how he was 30 lbs lighter at the end of last season, compared to his weight in camp.

Diabetes is a tricky thing... I wish him the best.

DaFace
05-04-2008, 05:14 PM
This sounds more serious than I first thought

Broncos | Cutler to wear insulin pump during practices and warm-ups
Sun, 4 May 2008 13:29:17 -0700

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler is planning to wear an insulin pump during practices and pregame warm-ups to regulate his blood-sugar level. He will take the device off for the three hours he plays in game and drink Gatorade to give his body a boost instead of letting the machine do it. He will keep a close eye on his glucose levels either between quarters or at halftime.

Yikes...that's got to be tough. My guess is that overall it won't affect his performance from a physical standpoint, but having to think about all of that could be distracting. Too bad...I wanted him to suck on his own merits rather than because of some disease.

Bill Parcells
05-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Yikes...that's got to be tough. My guess is that overall it won't affect his performance from a physical standpoint, but having to think about all of that could be distracting. Too bad...I wanted him to suck on his own merits rather than because of some disease.

He's very young to have Diabetes, and the fact that he has to regulate it with insulin is not good news. once you start taking insulin for a few weeks you'll be reliant on it and will have to take it for the rest of your life.

Mile High Mania
05-04-2008, 05:17 PM
He's very young to have Diabetes, and the fact that he has to regulate it with insulin is not good news. once you start taking insulin for a few weeks you'll be reliant on it and will have to take it for the rest of your life.

He is young... but it's not rare by any means... the good thing is that they know what to do for him.

Basileus777
05-04-2008, 05:25 PM
He's actually old to develop type 1 diabetes, not young. Most develop it earlier in childhood.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Jokes aside, best wishes to Jay Cutler. Diabetes runs on both sides of my family, I'm very familiar with this disease. His career just took at least a ten year nose dive. His feet aren't going to be able to take the punishment, let alone the rest of him. Bad days for Bronco fans and the Cutler family as a whole.

Bill Parcells
05-04-2008, 05:49 PM
He's actually old to develop type 1 diabetes, not young. Most develop it earlier in childhood.

I meant Diabetes in general, not necessarily Type 1. but I'll take your word for it.

Count Zarth
05-04-2008, 05:49 PM
His feet aren't going to be able to take the punishment, let alone the rest of him. Bad days for Bronco fans and the Cutler family as a whole.

What do you mean?

Wile_E_Coyote
05-04-2008, 05:51 PM
People get limbs/toes(not heard of fingers) amputated because of diabetes

Mr. Flopnuts
05-04-2008, 05:52 PM
What do you mean?

http://www.diabetes.org/type-1-diabetes/foot-complications.jsp

Foot Complications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People with diabetes can develop many different foot problems. Even ordinary problems can get worse and lead to serious complications.

Foot problems most often happen when there is nerve damage, also called neuropathy, which results in loss of feeling in your feet. Poor blood flow or changes in the shape of your feet or toes may also cause problems.

Neuropathy

Although it can hurt, diabetic nerve damage can also lessen your ability to feel pain, heat, and cold. Loss of feeling often means you may not feel a foot injury. You could have a tack or stone in your shoe and walk on it all day without knowing. You could get a blister and not feel it. You might not notice a foot injury until the skin breaks down and becomes infected.

Nerve damage can also lead to changes in the shape of your feet and toes. Ask your health care provider about special therapeutic shoes, rather than forcing deformed feet and toes into regular shoes.

Skin Changes

Diabetes can cause changes in the skin of your foot. At times your foot may become very dry. The skin may peel and crack. The problem is that the nerves that control the oil and moisture in your foot no longer work.

After bathing, dry your feet and seal in the remaining moisture with a thin coat of plain petroleum jelly, an unscented hand cream, or other such products.

Do not put oils or creams between your toes. The extra moisture can lead to infection. Also, don't soak your feet - that can dry your skin.

Calluses

Calluses occur more often and build up faster on the feet of people with diabetes. This is because there are high-pressure areas under the foot. Too much callus may mean that you will need therapeutic shoes and inserts.

Calluses, if not trimmed, get very thick, break down, and turn into ulcers (open sores). Never try to cut calluses or corns yourself - this can lead to ulcers and infection. Let your health care provider cut your calluses. Also, do not try to remove calluses and corns with chemical agents. These products can burn your skin.

Using a pumice stone every day will help keep calluses under control. It is best to use the pumice stone on wet skin. Put on lotion right after you use the pumice stone.

Foot Ulcers

Ulcers occur most often on the ball of the foot or on the bottom of the big toe. Ulcers on the sides of the foot are usually due to poorly fitting shoes. Remember, even though some ulcers do not hurt, every ulcer should be seen by your health care provider right away. Neglecting ulcers can result in infections, which in turn can lead to loss of a limb.

What your health care provider will do varies with your ulcer. Your health care provider may take x-rays of your foot to make sure the bone is not infected. The health care provider may clean out any dead and infected tissue. You may need to go into the hospital for this. Also, the health care provider may culture the wound to find out what type of infection you have, and which antibiotic will work best.

Keeping off your feet is very important. Walking on an ulcer can make it get larger and force the infection deeper into your foot. Your health care provider may put a special shoe, brace, or cast on your foot to protect it.

If your ulcer is not healing and your circulation is poor, your health care provider may need to refer you to a vascular surgeon. Good diabetes control is important. High blood glucose levels make it hard to fight infecton.

After the foot ulcer heals, treat your foot carefully. Scar tissue under the healed wound will break down easily. You may need to wear special shoes after the ulcer is healed to protect this area and to prevent the ulcer from returning.

Poor Circulation

Poor circulation (blood flow) can make your foot less able to fight infection and to heal. Diabetes causes blood vessels of the foot and leg to narrow and harden. You can control some of the things that cause poor blood flow. Don't smoke - smoking makes arteries harden faster. Also, follow your health care provider's advice for keeping your blood pressure and cholesterol under control.

If your feet are cold, you may be tempted to warm them. Unfortunately, if your feet cannot feel heat, it is easy for you to burn them with hot water, hot water bottles, or heating pads. The best way to help cold feet is to wear warm socks.

Some people feel pain in their calves when walking fast, up a hill, or on a hard surface. This condition is called intermittent claudication. Stopping to rest for a few moments should end the pain. If you have these symptoms, you must stop smoking. Work with your health care provider to get started on a walking program. Some people can be helped with medication to improve circulation.

Exercise is good for poor circulation. It stimulates blood flow in the legs and feet. Walk in sturdy, good-fitting, comfortable shoes. Don't walk when you have open sores.

Amputation

People with diabetes are far more likely to have a foot or leg amputated than other people. The problem? Many people with diabetes have artery disease, which reduces blood flow to the feet. Also, many people with diabetes have nerve disease, which reduces sensation. Together, these problems make it easy to get ulcers and infections that may lead to amputation. Most amputations are preventable with regular care and proper footware.

For these reasons, take good care of your feet and see your health care provider right away about foot problems. Ask about prescription shoes that are covered by Medicare and other insurance. Always follow your health care provider's advice when caring for ulcers or other foot problems.

One of the biggest threats to your feet is smoking. Smoking affects small blood vessels. It can cause decreased blood flow to the feet and make wounds heal slowly. A lot of people with diabetes who need amputations are smokers.

Ebolapox
05-04-2008, 05:53 PM
I meant Diabetes in general, not necessarily Type 1. but I'll take your word for it.

type 1 diabeetus is 'adolescent' diabeetus. type 2 is adult-onset diabeetus. being that jay cutler isn't a 5-10 year old (or tween), his being diagnosed this 'late' is rare.

Basileus777
05-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Type 1 is when your body stops producing insulin altogether, type 2 is when your body becomes resistant to insulin. Cutler is going to need insulin injections or be on the pump for the rest of his life.

Mile High Mania
05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
My dad was diagnosed with this a few years ago... has the foot numbness and things of that nature. He takes the daily shots, very strict on his eating (what and when)...

stlchiefs
05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
being that jay cutler isn't a 5-10 year old (or tween), his being diagnosed this 'late' is rare.

You obviously haven't seen a picture of Jay.

Ultra Peanut
05-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Adam Morrison was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in the 8th grade and went on to have a phenomenal career at Gonzaga, so it can definitely be overcome. It's just really hard.

MadMax
05-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Just ****in fabulous, I just got diagnosed with type II Diabetes> That with Hepatitis C,Chronic liver disease and Ascideies I really can't feel too sorry for him atm. I do wish him well though.

stlchiefs
05-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Adam Morrison was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in the 8th grade and went on to have a phenomenal career at Gonzaga, so it can definitely be overcome. It's just really hard.

Does Type 1 diabeetes affect facial hair growth? Between Morrison and Cutler that's 2 for 2.

Ugly Duck
05-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Just ****in fabulous, I just got diagnosed with type II Diabetes> That with Hepatitis C,Chronic liver disease and Ascideies

Dude.... thats some serious sh!t right there. Heavy fuggin duty....

Rausch
05-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Just ****in fabulous, I just got diagnosed with type II Diabetes> That with Hepatitis C,Chronic liver disease and Ascideies I really can't feel too sorry for him atm. I do wish him well though.

What's ascideies?

stlchiefs
05-04-2008, 10:58 PM
What's ascideies?

assitis, also known as peeing of the butt, the runs and Montezuma's revenge

Ugly Duck
05-04-2008, 11:03 PM
What's ascideies?

he meant Ascites

Rausch
05-04-2008, 11:07 PM
he meant ascidies

Ah.

Wow. He's either an alcoholic who likes to **** turtles or very, very unlucky...:doh!:

Ugly Duck
05-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Ah.

Wow. He's either an alcoholic who likes to **** turtles or very, very unlucky...:doh!:

Many turtle ****ers are becoming aflicted - its pandemic. You'd think God has something against turtle ****ers or something...

TEX
05-05-2008, 06:36 AM
He is young... but it's not rare by any means... the good thing is that they know what to do for him.

Yep. And being who he is, he will get the best possible care. I wish him the best. This goes beyond football.

Now, if they ever find a cure, then I take it back.

DenverChief
05-05-2008, 06:42 AM
smokescreen

he has ass cancer

LMAO