PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Drafted Rookies Not Invited to Mini Camp?

Chiefnj2
05-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I borrowed this from another site (fatchatter). Based upon an interview Kuharich just had on sirius radio"

"Most important thing he mentioned is innovative approach to Rookie Mini Camp.

Bill: None of the draftees are invited. It's only the UDFA. He said this is for two reasons:

1 It's human nature for the coaching staff to want to work with & get excited with the draft choices. They want the coaching staff to concentrate on the UDFA & try to find some players out of that bunch that can contribute.

2 There are two new offensive coaches that are rookies themselves & this let's them get their feet wet before diving in headfirst with all the players. Basically "practice for the practice.""

---

My .02 - innovative, yes. Moronic, yes. KC drafted a lot of guys with very limited starting experience (Morgan, Cottam) or guys that may be playing new positions (Albert) or small school players (Carr and Johnston) that could probably benefit from the rookie camp.

Anyone else hear this? Thoughts?

recxjake
05-02-2008, 10:02 AM
21 signed, 42 for tryouts (or so).... they have to get a handle for this part of the team first...

I see what your saying, but with so many undrafted players, this is the only way to really do it.

Dave Lane
05-02-2008, 10:06 AM
OMG I agree with something reject said. I feel somehow ashamed and dirty...

Dave

Mr. Arrowhead
05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
when does OTA's start

StcChief
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Good idea.... let's seperate the wheat from chaffe on UDFA first.

Dicky McElephant
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Ummm....I wouldn't want one of our UDFA's going up against a kid we drafted....and the kid that got drafted gets hurt for the year.

penguinz
05-02-2008, 10:55 AM
asdjklhfjklashdfjklahsdjklfhasjkl (http://%3Ca%20href=)

penguinz
05-02-2008, 10:57 AM
when does OTA's startWhen does OTA's start? :shake:

InChiefsHell
05-02-2008, 11:06 AM
It makes sense...these guys are trying out for the team, where as the drafted guys are already there...now, some might not make it through training camp, but they have a much better shot than a UDFA. Seems to make sense to me...

Adept Havelock
05-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I like it. Let the coaches focus on finding a few rough gems to develop.