PDA

View Full Version : Football Interior lineman to go after

The Poz
05-02-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3321
Colts released C/G Dylan Gandy.
A low-profile move, but this is still a shocker. Gandy, a fourth-round pick from Texas Tech in 2005, started 14 games as a valued swingman the past three seasons. He was in line to start at left guard, but Indianapolis deemed Charlie Johnson and rookies Mike Pollak and Steve Justice more worthy.

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Bring him in, so it will bring heat on Tank and Turk and it won't hurt anything

Buehler445
05-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Bring him in.

milkman
05-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Bring him in, so it will bring heat on Tank and Turk and it won't hurt anything

Uhhh........yeah............Ok.......

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Uhhh........yeah............Ok.......

hey, If the guy can make a substantial difference it won't hurt anything.

Buehler445
05-02-2008, 09:56 PM
hey, If the guy can make a substantial difference it won't hurt anything.

I think he was refering to your comment about putting heat on Tank and Turk when he is an offensive lineman.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Colts arent exactly the same type of lineman that we are building here with the Chiefs. I would be a little wary in bringing in ex-Colts.

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I think he was refering to your comment about putting heat on Tank and Turk when he is an offensive lineman.

ooh okay, I've been up over 48 hours doing a project so I apologize.

milkman
05-02-2008, 10:02 PM

Damn.

Ya just had to set him straight, didn't ya?

Buehler445
05-02-2008, 10:46 PM
ooh okay, I've been up over 48 hours doing a project so I apologize.

Happens to the best of us dude. No worries.

Buehler445
05-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Damn.

Ya just had to set him straight, didn't ya?

Forgot to take my asshole pill this morning.

kcchiefsus
05-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I would bring him in. If we put Albert at tackle right away our depth at guard is pretty damn thin. Plus who on the roster besides Waters is even a proven guard? Nobody that I can recall. I suppose the plan might be for one or two of the tackles on the roster to swing inside to guard but I think it is pretty risky to go into the season with our current depth on the interior of the line. We can not afford to have a John Welbourn like performance from right guard. We at least need a solid player. I hope they have a plan but this guy is somebody who could come cheap and would at least provide competition.

Jamie
05-03-2008, 02:27 AM
If we're bothering with guys like Alabi and Adrian Jones we might as well give Gandy a shot. He's got decent size (I think he's 305 or so), is still in his mid-20s, and with Albert and Barry Richardson both playing tackle we're perilously thin at guard. Even given the type of season we have coming up, we're thin enough on the interior that I don't think he'd block the development of anyone younger or better. Especially if he plays a utility backup role similar to what he did with the Colts.

kcchiefsus
05-03-2008, 02:52 AM
Yep. He is only 26 and is 6'3" 302. Seems to have good size. Not sure of the exact rules with waivers but I believe he hasn't been in the NFL long enough for him to not have to go through waivers. With our record from last year we would be one of the first teams to have a chance at getting him.

Frazod
05-03-2008, 03:04 AM
Poz, I am very annoyed with you for changing your avatar. :mad:

The Poz
05-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Poz, I am very annoyed with you for changing your avatar. :mad:

Just needed to change things up for a bit. Felt a Joe Strummer tribute was in order. You'll see her again one day.
Regarding the o-lineman, he's coming from a much-proven system, maybe he can show some of our guys how things are done. I hope Herm is considering him at least.

CupidStunt
05-03-2008, 09:30 AM
The guy might not even make it to us on waivers.

Hoover
05-03-2008, 09:33 AM
It looks like a gift, sign this guy up. Outside of Wade Smith and Rudy we don't have another true interior lineman in the mix to fill the RG or C jobs.