clap clap clapclapclap

88TG88
05-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Overrated

clap clap clapclapclap

lamar odom > dirk

chubychecker
05-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Can't argue with Kobe as the pick. Chris Paul is amazing also though.

Count Alex's Losses
05-03-2008, 12:34 AM
LeBron was ****ing robbed, man.

Der Flöprer
05-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Can't argue with Kobe as the pick. Chris Paul is amazing also though.

Kobe's gotten robbed a time or 4. It's Paul's turn this year, because IMO without Paul, the Hornets don't make the playoffs this year, let alone the #1 seed. How much more valuable could a player be?

Edit: Typo, they were the #2 seed.

Mojo Rising
05-03-2008, 12:43 AM
News flash ***** Lakers were the #1 seed.

Kobe has been the best player in the NBA for the past 4+ years. It's about time.

See what he can do with a little help.

Basileus777
05-03-2008, 12:43 AM
The first deserving MVP since KG won it back in 2003.

chubychecker
05-03-2008, 12:47 AM
it's amazing to think the last three mvp's were nash twice and dirk. They are far inferior players to Kobe.

Mojo Rising
LeBron was ****ing robbed, man.

When LeBron can stick a 3 then defenders will allow him to win a game when it is on the line. (by driving to the basket.)

As of now he can't.

His jumper is weak and that makes him 1 dimensional at the end of the game.

Kobe can do it all. Including D!

Der Flöprer
News flash ***** Lakers were the #1 seed.

Kobe has been the best player in the NBA for the past 4+ years. It's about time.

See what he can do with a little help.

That was a typo. My bad.

Basileus777
05-03-2008, 12:50 AM
LeBron was the best player in the league this year, but unfortunately thats not how MVPs are awarded, else Kobe would have won the previous 2 years. Unless your team wins 50 games, you aren't in the contest.

Mojo Rising
05-03-2008, 12:57 AM
That was a typo. My bad.

So...did you mean to hit the 2 key instead? The point of your sentence was that Paul lead his team to be the best. So if you meant he lead his team to be 2nd best then he deserves to be in 2nd place.

It was close. Lakers only won by tie breaker.

He will probably win one in his time. It has been Kobe's time for quite a while.

The charges were dropped in Colorado but the sentence was a couple MVP's the last couple years. Plus, the re-building after Shaq that had to be done.

Der Flöprer
05-03-2008, 01:33 AM
So...did you mean to hit the 2 key instead? The point of your sentence was that Paul lead his team to be the best. So if you meant he lead his team to be 2nd best then he deserves to be in 2nd place.

It was close. Lakers only won by tie breaker.

He will probably win one in his time. It has been Kobe's time for quite a while.

The charges were dropped in Colorado but the sentence was a couple MVP's the last couple years. Plus, the re-building after Shaq that had to be done.

I did hit the wrong key. The jest of what I was saying was that without Paul, IMO the Hornets would not have made the playoffs, let alone achieved the #2 seed in the best conference in the league. Do you think the Lakers would have had the #1 seed without the acquistion of Pau Gasol? I really don't.

I'm not taking shit away from Kobe, he should've won the award 3 times already. He deserves it. I just think he's the #2 candidate THIS year.

Basileus777
05-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Would the Hornets be the #2 seed without David West? Chris Paul has a good supporting cast too, one that fits the pick and roll basketball Paul thrives in perfectly.

Der Flöprer
05-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Would the Hornets be the #2 seed without David West? Chris Paul has a good supporting cast too, one that fits the pick and roll basketball Paul thrives in perfectly.

I think if you take Paul off the Hornets they don't make the playoffs. I think if you take Kobe off the Lakers they still do. You make a good point about West and the pick and roll though.

Basileus777
05-03-2008, 01:55 AM
I think if you take Paul off the Hornets they don't make the playoffs. I think if you take Kobe off the Lakers they still do. You make a good point about West and the pick and roll though.

I don't think either team makes the playoffs without Kobe/Paul. You needed to win 50 games to make it in the West this year, and neither team would have done it. Kobe drawing double teams is what makes the Lakers' offense so great. Lamar Odom struggles as a second option, and Gasol couldn't carry the scoring load all by himself. The Lakers' aren't a great defensive team with Kobe, and taking away his 28 ppg and what he does to open up things for everyone else, their offense wouldn't be all that great either.

Fruit Ninja
05-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Well, its over now, KOBE won, Paul has a chance next year. Everyone kept saying whoever wins the West should get the MVP. Well the Lakers stepped up and won the West.

Time for everyone to get over it and Paul is young and has a chance next year.

Der Flöprer
05-03-2008, 03:06 AM
Well, its over now, KOBE won, Paul has a chance next year. Everyone kept saying whoever wins the West should get the MVP. Well the Lakers stepped up and won the West.

Time for everyone to get over it and Paul is young and has a chance next year.

Kobe deserves an MVP. A few times over now. Paul will have plenty of opportunity.

Deberg_1990
05-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Not a big Kobe fan after his Colorado antics...

But he was due and hes absolutely deserving.

milkman
05-03-2008, 08:52 AM
I did hit the wrong key. The jest of what I was saying was that without Paul, IMO the Hornets would not have made the playoffs, let alone achieved the #2 seed in the best conference in the league. Do you think the Lakers would have had the #1 seed without the acquistion of Pau Gasol? I really don't.

I'm not taking shit away from Kobe, he should've won the award 3 times already. He deserves it. I just think he's the #2 candidate THIS year.

There has never been a team that achieved anything without a second guy that teams had to contend with.

Michael Jordan would never have won a NBA Championship without Scottie Pippen.

Bill Parcells
05-03-2008, 08:54 AM
There has never been a team that achieved anything without a second guy that teams had to contend with.

Michael Jordan would never have won a NBA Championship without Scottie Pippen.

You tell him, pops. quoted for truth.

Deberg_1990
05-03-2008, 09:11 AM
. The jest of what I was saying was that without Paul, IMO the Hornets would not have made the playoffs, let alone achieved the #2 seed in the best conference in the league.

If your going to use that logic, then the award should go to Garnett.

The Celtics had a remarkable turnaround this year winning +42 games over last season.

milkman
05-03-2008, 09:23 AM
If your going to use that logic, then the award should go to Garnett.

The Celtics had a remarkable turnaround this year winning +42 games over last season.

Yeah.

But then one player can make that kind of difference in the weakass east.

All you need to know about Kevin Garnett is that he's made it to one conference final, and his celtics are being taken to task by the Atlanta Hawks.

The Atlanta freakin' Hawks.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-03-2008, 09:28 AM

I believe the Hornets had the fewest or second fewest bench points in the league this year. There is not a lot of depth on that team at all. Paul was the engine that made them go, and he deserved the MVP.

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2008, 12:52 PM
KObe Bryant is sooverrated. He's a ballhog and Lebron is WAAAAAY better.The only reason he wonanything was becasue of Shaq. Oh, and he's a rapiset too.

milkman
05-03-2008, 01:05 PM
KObe Bryant is sooverrated. He's a ballhog and Lebron is WAAAAAY better.The only reason he wonanything was becasue of Shaq. Oh, and he's a rapiset too.

I agree.

LeBron is so great, he lifted that Cavs team all the way up to 4th seed in that powerful Eastern conference.

Tiger's Fan
05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
In my opinion, Paul should have won it this year. Kobe got his because it was "his turn". As bogus as that is. Anyway, the Lakers won't win it all. The winner is coming out of the Spurs v Hornets matchup.

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I agree.

LeBron is so great, he lifted that Cavs team all the way up to 4th seed in that powerful Eastern conference.

Leborn is SOO much better is ridiculous. Put Kobe on the cavs andIbet they finish dead last in the east becasue black mamba woulda been so pissed about having toplay in cleveland that he wouldve tanked every game just like hetanked in the playoffs against the suns! oh and theres nohot white chicks to rape in clevelandso he woulda beenpissed about that too!

milkman
05-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Leborn is SOO much better is ridiculous. Put Kobe on the cavs andIbet they finish dead last in the east becasue black mamba woulda been so pissed about having toplay in cleveland that he wouldve tanked every game just like hetanked in the playoffs against the suns! oh and theres nohot white chicks to rape in clevelandso he woulda beenpissed about that too!

You're a ****ing idiot.

BWillie
05-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Congrats to Kobe. He's deserved it for some time now. He's been the best player in the league the last nine years and hasn't won one yet. I really think if LeBron can get out of Cleveland he could win about four in a row though... That man child just has sick skills. If you take LeBron off of the Cavs they'd be the Bulls.

What is the word on the Lakers next year? They will have Gasol and Bynum, but what about Odom? If he's not there what are they going to do? I think Odom is alot more important to their team than people give him credit for.

Basileus777
05-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Odom has another year on his deal. The question is whether he will be there after next year.

BWillie
05-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Odom has another year on his deal. The question is whether he will be there after next year.

If the Lakers don't win it all next year then I don't know what to tell you. That will be just one sick lineup. It's too bad Bynum got hurt, which may limit is progress. That is just a stacked line up. If they can get Farmar into the point to play like he's capable of. Watch out. You could be looking at a 15 loss season, and in the West that would be something.

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I can't wait till Mamba CHOKES in the next round and the Lakers get swept so everybody can feel like a dickbag for voting vienteyquatro MVP instead of Paul or Lebron.

Deberg_1990
05-03-2008, 04:26 PM
All you need to know about Kevin Garnett is that he's made it to one conference final, and his celtics are being taken to task by the Atlanta Hawks.

The Atlanta freakin' Hawks.

ROFL

I was just pointing out his logic but I agree. I always thought he was overrated in the West. Duncan OWNED him.

Hes still a good player obviously.

milkman
05-03-2008, 05:52 PM
I can't wait till Mamba CHOKES in the next round and the Lakers get swept so everybody can feel like a dickbag for voting vienteyquatro MVP instead of Paul or Lebron.

The Lakers losing against any of Utah, San Antonio, or New Orleans would not be surprising.

They are outstanding teams.

Paul was very deserving of the award.

How many games did that great 4th seed in the east win?

Fruit Ninja
05-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Because the previous 12 years Kobe himself has been a choker. Yeah, its really going to happen. I can see some of the team choking, but not KOBE.

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2008, 07:42 PM
You guys are funny. Can't you tell tounge in cheek, typical idiot Kobe-bashing moron when you see one?

DJ's left nut
05-03-2008, 10:07 PM
People forget how good Paul's surrounding casts is.

Tyson Chandler < Pau Gasol
David West = Lamar Odom
Peja Stojakovic >> Luke Walton
Morris Peterson > Derek Fisher

That's really a very good supporting cast. People remember the lousy Hornets team from a couple years ago and seem to have forgotten that they have done a lot to improve that club. Both teams would have been in trouble without their star, but the argument that the Hornets would suck hard without Paul is just ignoring how much talent that club has picked up recently. They'd have been battling with the Mavs, Wizards and Nugs for the 8 spot.

Kobe earned the MVP this season. His ability to close out games late and his ability to lock down the opposing team's best offensive player gives him a slight edge over Paul.

beach tribe
05-04-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm not into Bball, but have watched a few games, and Tony Parker looks undefendable to me. No one is faster with the ball in their hands than Parker.

The Bad Guy
05-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry, Morris Peterson isn't better than Derek Fisher. Peterson plays no defense and hangs out on the perimeter on offense.

David West is a better block player, but Lamar Odom's overall game is better than Wests.

Basileus777
05-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm not into Bball, but have watched a few games, and Tony Parker looks undefendable to me. No one is faster with the ball in their hands than Parker.

Lots of people look unguardable when they're defended by Steve Nash.

He'd be unguardable if he had a consistent jumper...

Basileus777
05-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Lamar Odom isn't better than David West, thats crazy talk. West is a legit 20/10 player, Odom is an inconsistent player and basically a 3rd option. West is a great all around player who can create his own shot in various ways, he is automatic from mid range, has a good post-game, etc. Odom just has a left-handed layup. The only thing Odom has on West is rebounding and passing.

People underrate West because they didn't know who he was before this year. He's not just some dude who's good because Chris Paul creates for him, West is a legit all-star in his own right.

Mecca
05-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I was just pointing out his logic but I agree. I always thought he was overrated in the West. Duncan OWNED him.

Hes still a good player obviously.

I always enjoy how it is somehow Garnets fault that he was essentially a 1 man team in Minnesota save 1 or 2 years. Yea he should have beat Duncan and his good supporting cast by himself apparently.

The Bad Guy
05-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Lamar Odom isn't better than David West, thats crazy talk. West is a legit 20/10 player, Odom is an inconsistent player and basically a 3rd option. West is a great all around player who can create his own shot in various ways, he is automatic from mid range, has a good post-game, etc. Odom just has a left-handed layup. The only thing Odom has on West is rebounding and passing.

People underrate West because they didn't know who he was before this year. He's not just some dude who's good because Chris Paul creates for him, West is a legit all-star in his own right.

West is very good.

I think Lamar Odom brings more to the table for a basketball team and does more on an offense than West does.

You talk like having rebounding and passing over a player is a bad thing. I'll also take Odom's defense over West's any day of the year.

So basically, all West can do is score 6 points per game more than Odom. Put Kobe Bryant on the Hornets and see if West's scoring averages hold up.

Basileus777
05-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Lamar Odom has shown that he can't be a consistent 2nd option. Its not a coincidence that his play has improved drastically since the Gasol trade. David West is a much better scorer and offensive player and can be the second scoring option on a contender, which Odom can't. Odom benefits as much from Kobe and Gasol and West does from Paul. Both are good defenders, neither one has a large advantage there. West is actually a very good man defender on PFs. Odom has a slight rebounding edge and is the superior passer, but I don't think its enough to edge out West's superior offensive ability.

Fruit Ninja
05-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Odom is just not that kind of player people thought he was. He's a good player, but he's a garbage man. He's not great at any 1 thing, but he's good at everything. Well, he's starting to dominate the rebounding area.