PDA

View Full Version : Royals Royals Bale Breaks Hand Punching Door

Chiefspants
05-04-2008, 11:27 AM
By BOB DUTTON
The Kansas City Star
CLEVELAND | Royals left-hander John Bale won’t be returning to active duty any time soon after breaking his pitching hand Friday night by punching a door at the team’s downtown hotel.

Bale apparently was frustrated by his slow recovery from a fatigued left shoulder. He returned early Sunday to Kansas City and is scheduled to undergo further examination Monday by club physicians.

“I’m not pleased, obviously,” manager Trey Hillman said before Sunday’s series finale against the Cleveland Indians at Progressive Field. “Players have to think before they do things.

“They’ve got to think about how it’s going to affect the rest of their team, how it’s going to affect their ability to perform and how it’s going to affect the whole group. I’m hopeful that there’s something salvageable for him. We’ll just have to wait to see where it goes.”

Oddly, Bale’s frustration surfaced after what appeared to be an encouraging throwing session earlier in the day. Bale and Hillman each issued positive reports Friday that indicated the pitcher could be ready to rejoin the club during this week’s homestand.

“It actually got better as I got deeper into it,” Bale said at the time. “(My shoulder) started loosening up really well. I’ll play catch days for two days, then throw another batting practice and I should be ready to roll.”

Bale didn’t inform club officials of the pain in his hand until late Saturday. Subsequent X-rays revealed a fracture along side of his hand.

“It’s very unfortunate,” Hillman said. “He’s embarrassed about it. I thought he threw pretty well (Friday) in the simulated game. Out of frustration, he punched a door back at the hotel. Now, he’s got a fractured hand. So now he’s got more time off.”

Bale, 33, made three starts before a “dead arm” forced him to the disabled list after his April 15 outing in Seattle. He was 0-3 and allowed 13 runs and 25 hits in 15 1/3 innings.

The emergence of rookie Luke Hochevar probably meant Bale would return to the staff as a reliever, which could have added to his frustration. Bale lost 25 pounds last winter in an effort to condition himself for a possible starting job.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/604981.html

eazyb81
05-04-2008, 11:28 AM
****ing moron. I'd love to be able to take his salary away while he's recovering from this.

Frazod
05-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I did that once - when I was 19. This guy's 33? What a moron. :shake:

Braincase
05-04-2008, 11:42 AM

That's a great big "No Shit". Dumbass needs to watch Bull Durham.

Maybe we can all start calling him "Nuke" and buy him garter belts to wear when he's pitching... and the rose goes in the front.

Frazod
05-04-2008, 11:45 AM
That's a great big "No Shit". Dumbass needs to watch Bull Durham.

Maybe we can all start calling him "Nuke" and buy him garter belts to wear when he's pitching... and the rose goes in the front.

The good news is we won't have to worry about it happening again.

Trust me, punching a wall is something you only do once.

Especially if it's a solid steel bulkhead on a ship. :spock:

Bowser
05-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Idiot. Send him back to Omaha when he's ready and let Hocheaver keep his spot.

Adept Havelock
05-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Frustration with a slow recovery leads to an even slower recovery. :shake:

kstater
05-04-2008, 11:57 AM
The good news is we won't have to worry about it happening again.

Yes, but can shooting a refrigerator be a once in a lifetime event?

Sure-Oz
05-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Cut the dumb ****;...guess hochevar sees an extended look

Mr. Laz
05-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Cut the dumb ****;...guess hochevar sees an extended look

if they contracts in baseball weren't guaranteed they probably would cut him.

Friendo
05-04-2008, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamDqL-AGzI :cuss::cuss:

keg in kc
05-04-2008, 01:55 PM
You couldn't make this shit up, rofl.

thurman merman
05-04-2008, 02:35 PM
this is great news. hochevar is way better anyway.

blueballs
05-04-2008, 02:38 PM
remove the tvs out of his hotel room
wrong sport
wrong team

KCUnited
05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
meat.

Reerun_KC
05-04-2008, 03:51 PM

WOW, on a ship huh? Navy?

This has so many possibilities that I will just leave it alone...

ROFL

No need to hijack this thread...

milkman
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
WOW, on a ship huh? Navy?

This has so many possibilities that I will just leave it alone...

ROFL

No need to hijack this thread...

Com'on, do it.

We haven't had a good thread hijack in a long time.

Pussy.

Reerun_KC
05-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Com'on, do it.

We haven't had a good thread hijack in a long time.

Pussy.
Frazod has thin skin, He would send death threats to my house and try and rape my dog again....

keg in kc
05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
WOW, on a ship huh? Navy? Translation: I used too much lotion during some "me time" and my hand slipped.

ChiTown
05-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I punched a wall on a racquetball court one time .........ONE TIME

Bowser
05-04-2008, 04:12 PM
I punched a wall on a racquetball court one time .........ONE TIME

You shouldn't hang me on a hook, Johnny. My father hung me on a hook, once. ONCE.

OmahaChief
05-04-2008, 04:16 PM
You shouldn't hang me on a hook, Johnny. My father hung me on a hook, once. ONCE.

IT'S FARGIN WAR!!

milkman
05-04-2008, 04:21 PM
When I was younger, I was really hot tempered.

I've punched a number of doors and walls.

Never hurt my hand, though,

keg in kc
05-04-2008, 04:24 PM
When I was younger, I was really hot tempered.

I've punched a number of doors and walls.

Never hurt my hand, though,Ditto.

My temper died about the time my marriage did. I don't know if there's a direct correlation (since I'd had one long before I met my ex...) but I doubt I have a flare up more than once every couple of months now, and those usually end as soon as I realize I'm getting pissed-off.

Adept Havelock
05-04-2008, 04:26 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mmQPdW7udy8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mmQPdW7udy8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

stlchiefs
05-04-2008, 04:42 PM

1 time as well. 21st birthday I punched a steel support beam. I'd never broken a bone before and didn't know what it felt like. After my hand being tender and blue for a month I finally went to the doctor who told me that the bone had set itself well and everything was healing nicely. :)

Last time I've ever messed with a wall. Those fuggers are brutal.

DaFace
05-04-2008, 04:44 PM
One of my best friends was a pretty good golfer back in high school. He had a shitty day at a tournament about two weeks before state finals and punched the back of a seat in the bus in frustration. Broke a couple bones in his hand and had to miss the finals. :shake:

Reerun_KC
05-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Translation: I used too much lotion during some "me time" and my hand slipped.
:clap:

Or his buddy was a litle rough and he punched the wall out of shear enjoyment...

Frazod
05-04-2008, 08:36 PM
:clap:

Or his buddy was a litle rough and he punched the wall out of shear enjoyment...

Actually, I was pissed because my division officer wouldn't let me off medical restriction a night early after catching the clap in Rio, therefore making me miss the last night ashore in Bahia before returning to Norfolk. No more hookers for that cruise. Ah, to be 19 again.

Your dumbf#ck Navy jokes are as lame and stupid as you are. I probably got more pussy in a week in Rio than you've seen in your life.

Reerun_KC
05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Actually, I was pissed because my division officer wouldn't let me off medical restriction a night early after catching the clap in Rio, therefore making me miss the last night ashore in Bahia before returning to Norfolk. No more hookers for that cruise. Ah, to be 19 again.

Your dumbf#ck Navy jokes are as lame and stupid as you are. I probably got more pussy in a week in Rio than you've seen in your life.
Relax Alice, it is all in good fun...

So do guys hairy asses count as pussy?

stlchiefs
05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
No more hookers for that cruise. Ah, to be 19 again.

I'm not the official scorekeeper, but I don't' think it counts if you have to pay for it. :shrug:

Frazod
05-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm not the official scorekeeper, but I don't' think it counts if you have to pay for it. :shrug:

Ever been to Brazil? If you'd seen them, you wouldn't say that.

And none of them cost me nearly as much as the wife I divorced.

Frazod
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Relax Alice, it is all in good fun...

So do guys hairy asses count as pussy?

Does Ari count yours?

keg in kc
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm not the official scorekeeper, but I don't' think it counts if you have to pay for it. You always pay for it, even if you think you aren't.

Reerun_KC
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Does Ari count yours?
ROFL
WTF?

CoMoChief
05-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Good, hope he's out for the season, Bale's garbage.

Jayhawkerman2001
05-04-2008, 11:37 PM
id think that they'd try to pursue getting money back from him or something because he didnt break it doing anything for the team, he did it on his own free will. i know in baseball you have to honor contracts, but im thinking in this situation there is a loophole?

DenverChief
05-05-2008, 06:28 AM
you guys want De La Rosa back?

DenverChief
05-05-2008, 06:31 AM
You always pay for it, even if you think you aren't.

bingo!

sparkky
05-05-2008, 08:07 AM
maybe Bales wife/girlfriend/significant other was faster than he thought and ducked.

KCUnited
05-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Whitlock:

At least when NFL and NBA players throw punches they know there is a chance that she might swing back. Why is it baseball players seem to always be punching at things that can't hit back?

Demonpenz
05-05-2008, 08:33 AM
no one is bale-ing him out this time