PDA

View Full Version : Football How NOT to start your new job...

T-post Tom
05-04-2008, 06:32 PM
This won't help the contract negotiations.

Second-round draft pick did not show up for practice
Redskins officials were dispatched to find Davis

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Washington Redskins second-round draft pick Fred Davis did not show up for minicamp practice Sunday, prompting the team to send security officials to find the tight end.

"Everybody was scouring," coach Jim Zorn said after practice. "Nobody heard from him, so there was one of two scenarios. Either there was some real trouble and we needed to find him, or he screwed up. I haven't even got to talk to him yet. I know he has been found. I believe it is more in the 'I screwed up' category."

The team was expected to give more details on Davis' absence later Sunday.

Davis was the 48th overall pick out of Southern California in last weekend's draft. He and the other rookies were staying in a local hotel during the three-day minicamp that ended Sunday.

milkman
05-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Wasn't the knock on him a lack of work ethic?

Der Flöprer
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Glad we didn't draft that dude.

Buehler445
05-04-2008, 06:44 PM
ROFL

Basileus777
05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I bet there has been a meltdown at Extremeskins.

T-post Tom
05-04-2008, 06:49 PM

Yep. The redskins just released this photo of Davis returning to the practice facility and meeting with Coach Zorn:

smittysbar
05-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Way to go rook

Buehler445
05-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Bowe was late day 1, but at least he showed.

stlchiefs
05-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Yep. The redskins just released this photo of Davis returning to the practice facility and meeting with Coach Zorn:

Did someone order a Pizza?

Demonpenz
05-04-2008, 09:52 PM
as long as he didn't get shot in the leg...

Pablo
05-04-2008, 09:56 PM
as long as he didn't get shot in the leg...Oh snap...

I'm sure someone will be along promptly to tell you how insensitive that was.

I'll just laugh.

Mecca
05-04-2008, 10:46 PM

Not really, his freshman year he was homesick and didn't do to well still being a WR since he was moved into being a TE he's had basically no issues.

chief52
05-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Not really, his freshman year he was homesick and didn't do to well still being a WR since he was moved into being a TE he's had basically no issues.

Apparently he has issues now.

J Diddy
05-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Oh snap...

I'm sure someone will be along promptly to tell you how insensitive that was.

I'll just laugh.

I'll be that guy

wtf?

Skip Towne
05-05-2008, 09:23 AM
So where was the guy?

SCTrojan
05-05-2008, 10:04 AM
So where was the guy?

He overslept. Here's the story from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/04/AR2008050401639.html

On the final day of the Washington Redskins' minicamp, Jim Zorn was confronted with the first challenge of his nascent head coaching career when former Southern Cal tight end Fred Davis, the team's second selection in last weekend's NFL draft, did not report to practice yesterday and had to be located by team security personnel.

Davis overslept and was not involved in any legal trouble, said Zack Bolno, Washington's executive director of communications.

Zorn, who is in his first year as a head coach after spending the past seven seasons as the Seattle Seahawks' quarterbacks coach, had a lengthy meeting in his office with Davis in the afternoon, according to Bolno. When asked if Davis would be disciplined, Bolno said the matter would be handled internally. Attempts to contact Davis were unsuccessful.

After practice, Zorn said he knew he would be confronted with incidents like this as a head coach. "Very disappointing, but part of this is life," Zorn said. "This'll be the first time I get to deal with this situation, too. It's going to come at some point one of these days in my life, it might as well come now."

ChiefButthurt
05-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Funny.....but it happens in the workplace often. It doesn't make the newspaper though. AND the employee doesn't make six or seven figures annually.

Make him show up 1 hour early for a month straight.