PDA

View Full Version : News Excuse me, is that a placenta in your pocket?

T-post Tom
05-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Lowered Expectations: "We hear so much negative with teenagers throwing their babies in the Dumpsters," he said.

LONG BEACH, California (AP) -- A 17-year-old girl gave birth secretly at home, then walked four blocks to a hospital with the baby still attached by its umbilical cord.

Xochitl Parra holds newborn Alejandro, as her sister, left, a nurse and Parra's mother pose with her Saturday.

"I was just a little nervous" when the labor began, Xochitl Parra said Friday from St. Mary Medical Center as she cradled her 8-pound, 3-ounce son, Alejandro.

The boy was normal and "eating like a champ," said Dr. Jose Perez, director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

The teenager said she was alone and taking a shower around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday to get ready for school. Then the contractions took over.

"I felt his head coming, so I sit down and pushed so he could come out," she said.

Parra did not call 911 because the home phone was disconnected, and she did not want to wake the neighbors because it was so early. Instead, she wrapped the baby, got dressed and went to the hospital on foot.

"I started walking and jogging to the hospital," she said.

The teen came into the hospital lobby and asked for help, Perez said.

"She still had the placenta and the baby was still attached, so of course everyone said, 'Don't move!' " he said.

Perez praised the girl for taking quick action.

"They could have bled to death; thank God that didn't happen," the doctor said. "She was very clever. She knew what to do. She wrapped the baby up and walked over here."

Parra, a sophomore at Long Beach Poly High, said she kept her pregnancy a secret because she was afraid her mother would "kick me out of the house." Her mother has now accepted the situation and is going to help the teen care for the baby so she can continue attending school, Parra said. Watch the teen hold her newborn.

Perez called the outcome "heartwarming."

"We hear so much negative with teenagers throwing their babies in the Dumpsters," he said. "This baby is fine, and hopefully there will be a happy ending with the extended family."

Thig Lyfe
05-05-2008, 12:27 AM
A 17-year-old sophomore?

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 12:29 AM
How do you hide a pregnancy with an 8-pound baby?

J Diddy
05-05-2008, 12:33 AM
A 17-year-old sophomore?

psst

that's not uncommon

Rain Man
05-05-2008, 12:51 AM

Hamouflage.

C-Mac
05-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Irresponsible children having children that wasn't thrown in a dumpster that grandma and the government gets to raise.....heartwarming.

InChiefsHeaven
05-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Irresponsible children having children that wasn't thrown in a dumpster that grandma and the government gets to raise.....heartwarming.

Indeed. But, at least she didn't abort the baby or abandon it. Now comes the hard part...raising the child. Hopefully she'll be up to the task...

Lonewolf Ed
05-05-2008, 07:09 AM

Well, if she was already a chunkasaurus, then it's not so hard to hide.

Dartgod
05-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Well, if she was already a chunkasaurus, then it's not so hard to hide.
Good call.

http://ap.google.com/media/ALeqM5jlm4jdt80wM3l3KXM9mT89pMbiNg?size=m

The Franchise
05-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Xochitl? Sounds like a medicine.

Chief Pote
05-05-2008, 09:51 AM

You're a sicko......ROFL

Bill S Preston
05-05-2008, 09:51 AM
And the whole procedure was free of charge!

Inspector
05-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I never have figured out the best way to prepare Placenta.

Grilled or baked, grilled or baked?

One thing for sure, either way, go with some horseradish sauce.

NewChief
05-05-2008, 12:32 PM
I never have figured out the best way to prepare Placenta.

Grilled or baked, grilled or baked?

One thing for sure, either way, go with some horseradish sauce.

Hard to beat Spicy Australian Placenta
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Spicy_Australian_Placenta

Cookbook:Spicy Australian Placenta
From Wikibooks, the open-content textbooks collection
Jump to: navigation, search

This recipe makes enough for two people.

Ingredients
* 250 grams of fresh human placenta, chopped into fine strips (about half of the placenta from a 6.6 pound baby, or 1/3 from a 9.9 pound baby)
* 1 onion
* 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil
* rosemary
* salt
* pepper
* cumin
* rice noodles
* red chile
* Shallots

Procedure
1. Cook onion in olive oil until it is transparent.
2. Add chopped garlic.
3. Toss in placenta.
4. Cook quickly.
5. Add a dash of fresh rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
6. Add a pinch of salt and ground pepper to taste.
7. Place on a bed of rice noodles and garnish with thin slices of red capsicum and shallots.

As with any meat from uncontrolled sources (such as hunting or scavanging) people should be cautious of risks involved. Certain blood borne diseases can live in blood and tissue outside the body for some time. Be sure that sensible precautions have been taken.