PDA

View Full Version : Football Peter King Ranks All NFL Teams

Direckshun
05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/05/02/rankings/4.html

31. Kansas City. Glee and happiness over the great draft, and rightfully so. But two things to remember before the ticker tape starts flowing past Crown Center: Jared Allen's gone. And there's no apparent starting quarterback.

Tamba Hali could emerge as a super-rusher with Tank Tyler and Glenn Dorsey occupying bodies at defensive tackle, but that won't happen overnight. The odds are less likely that Brodie Croyle will emerge as a middle-of-the-pack quarterback. The Chiefs will be looking for the best quarterback in the draft next April.

kepp
05-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Hey Pete, what d'ya say we give Croyle a year or so behind a serviceable NFL line before declaring him a bust?

ChiefsFanatic
05-05-2008, 04:50 PM

31. Kansas City. Glee and happiness over the great draft, and rightfully so. But two things to remember before the ticker tape starts flowing past Crown Center: Herm Edwards is still the Head Coach and Brodie Croyle is still the starting QB

FYP

Mizzou_8541
05-05-2008, 04:57 PM
PPS PK is right. . croyles a bust (actually u have to have had promise to be a bust) hes a never has been never will be.. and we might be the worst team in the NFL. . all u rednecks have been blinded by Mel Kipper

So by "we" you are associating yourself with all Kansas City Chiefs fans, and by "u rednecks" you mean all Kansas City Chiefs fans???? Your hypocrisy is overwhelming.

KC Tattoo
05-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Peter Queen is wrong!!! Croyle will do a damn good job this year and with LJ comming back and D Bowe & :wayne: Sippio & new Offensive cordinater, WTF it's a new team all together this year. Croyle can and will be successfull as the starting QB for the KC Chiefs. He is still going to have some learning and growing with this team, it's not going to happen over night. Our first game is against the Pats for |Petes Sake.

Oh well if he can't then we still have Thigpen right!

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Looks like Kotter accidentally signed on the wrong computer again.

BigChiefFan
05-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Nobody knows at this point. It's up to Croyle to SHOW that he can handle it. So far he hasn't done much to show he's great. He could obviously, become a great QB, but the jury is still out. Six games isn't enough time to declare him a bust or not, but it is reasonable for some to form opinions based on what they have seen. As much as I like Croyle he certainly hasn't shown that he's the future leader of the franchise up to this point. If he continues to play like he did in his first six starts, I wouldn't hesitate to look for his replacement as early as next year.

ISUJeff
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't argue with the #31 ranking, but compare some of these comments from the entire article:

13. Buffalo. I like Trent Edwards having a full season to play quarterback;

One other thing, Jets brass: Give Kellen Clemens a chance to be the quarterback; don't put him through an eight-game trial.

One thing Detroit really should do: Find out if last year's second-round pick, Drew Stanton, can play quarterback in the NFL. That's a question the Lions must answer for 2008.

So KC may be looking for a QB at the top of the draft next year, but why not offer Croyle the same patience he's showing to other unproven QB's on bad teams?

irishjayhawk
05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Looks like Kotter accidentally signed on the wrong computer again.

ROFL

Unintentionally, of course.

OnTheWarpath58
05-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't argue with the #31 ranking, but compare some of these comments from the entire article:

One other thing, Jets brass: Give Kellen Clemens a chance to be the quarterback; don't put him through an eight-game trial.

One thing Detroit really should do: Find out if last year's second-round pick, Drew Stanton, can play quarterback in the NFL. That's a question the Lions must answer for 2008.

So KC may be looking for a QB at the top of the draft next year, but why not offer Croyle the same patience he's showing to other unproven QB's on bad teams?

Because he's a ****ing idiot.

The Chiefs could win the Super Bowl and he'd go out of his way to discredit the win.

Rain Man
05-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Does he not know that we brought aboard the best draft class in the history of professional sports?

Micjones
05-05-2008, 05:52 PM

Edwards won 5 games with the Bills.
He also had a QB Rating of 80 or better in three of those games.
He completed at least 60% of his passes in four of his nine starts.
He threw 4 TD's in Week 14.

Rain Man
05-05-2008, 05:59 PM

Semantics. He's not a Chief.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Does he not know that we brought aboard the best draft class in the history of professional sports?

While that is likely true, I'll be absolutely shocked if the Chiefs win 4 games this year.

If Croyle is injured (likely) or is just awful behind the revamped O-line, they may only win 2 games (if that).

It's going to be a long, long, long season for Chiefs fans.

ISUJeff
05-05-2008, 06:36 PM

Got stats off the top of your head on the other 2 guys too?

jjchieffan
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Its amazing how similar Croyles stats are to Jay Cuntlers, yet these idiots slurp him off like he is the second coming of horseface Elway, yet Croyle is a monumental bust. I hope the the kid has a great career and tells all the doubters to STFU!

Marcellus
05-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Its amazing how similar Croyles stats are to Jay **ntlers, yet these idiots slurp him off like he is the second coming of horseface Elway, yet Croyle is a monumental bust. I hope the the kid has a great career and tells all the doubters to STFU!

I am not a Croyle hater but I was curious about your claim that Cutler and Croyle have similar stats. Not even close.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/profile?id=CUT288111

http://www.nfl.com/players/brodiecroyle/profile?id=CRO809080

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rausch
05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
The odds are less likely that Brodie Croyle will emerge as a middle-of-the-pack quarterback. The Chiefs will be looking for the best quarterback in the draft next April.

People say this as if it's a stupid move.

He was a 3rd round pick that costs us next to nothing. He's a place holder while the rebuild happens and when he doesn't perform mgt. will be supported by the fans in dumping him (without any real cap problems) and drafting hot prospect X after the rest of the team is in place.

Carl can't lose. He's given the raw talent a shot and either way he wins...

Rausch
05-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Its amazing how similar Croyles stats are to Jay **ntlers, yet these idiots slurp him off like he is the second coming of horseface Elway, yet Croyle is a monumental bust. I hope the the kid has a great career and tells all the doubters to STFU!

No one cares about stats when you win. Brady didn't impress anyone with his stats for 3 or 4 years, but he won games.

Croyle couldn't win one. NOT ONE.

I don't expect magic, but 1 of 8 isn't asking much...

dj56dt58
05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
PPS PK is right. . croyles a bust (actually u have to have had promise to be a bust) hes a never has been never will be.. and we might be the worst team in the NFL. . all u rednecks have been blinded by Mel Kipper

and your a Dumbass

Dylan
05-05-2008, 10:31 PM
When did a Fortune Teller become a reliable source? Whenever sports thinkers take on future sports history -- they never win. They're not journalists. It's crazy.

Smart sports writers never fall into the trap of making predictions, particularly if they want to be noticed at the top of their profession.

Googled this: Peter King's Predictions 2007
ESPN:
Category 1: Offseason Predictions: "Off" is the operative word. Peter King of Sports Illustrated kicked off the offseason predictions derby with a complex chart of predictions for NFL quarterback performances in 2007: He predicted Jon Kitna would be better than Brett Favre and J.P. Losman would be better than Eli Manning. King predicted, "It'll be stunning if the Chargers can dig their way out of this horrible web of mismanagement to finally be a playoff factor next season." San Diego reached the AFC Championship Game. King predicted the final ranking of all 32 NFL teams. He had the Giants 21st and the Packers 25th; they met for the NFC championship. He had the Bears, Broncos, Eagles, Rams, Ravens and Saints in his predicted top 10; none made the playoffs. King's offseason prediction for the 2008 Super Bowl? "Indianapolis and New Orleans will play the highest-scoring game in the history of the Super Bowl. Colts 44, Saints 37."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080212

AFC, NFC title game picks
Weather could make huge difference in both contests

Green Bay 20, New York Giants 17

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/01/03/wild.card/index.html

Wild Card Matchups (01/09/2008)

Washington 23, Seattle 20
Jacksonville 19, Pittsburgh 10
Tampa Bay 27, New York Giants 17

Finally, Mr. King spoke briefly about his predictions for the playoffs. For his early Super Bowl prediction, King picked New England and Green Bay, "although I've got a feeling we haven't seen the last of the Colts."
http://media.www.maroon-

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2008, 11:36 PM
and your a Dumbass

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Ugly Duck
05-05-2008, 11:47 PM
So how does Denver get #23 when they suck so bad?

alanm
05-05-2008, 11:54 PM

Maybe he expects more out of the Chiefs. Though I wouldn't hazard a guess as to why?

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2008, 11:54 PM

#23 doesn't suck? Out 32?

Ugly Duck
05-06-2008, 12:09 AM
#23 doesn't suck? Out of 32?

Oh, #23 sucks allright.... but Denver sucks way worse than 23. They are so bad, they were one Ratface timeout from being swept by the Raiders. Thats like #28 or #29 suckiness.

DaneMcCloud
05-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Oh, #23 sucks allright.... but Denver sucks way worse than 23. They are so bad, they were one Ratface timeout from being swept by the Raiders. Thats like #28 or #29 suckiness.

I guess Peter King likes rat for dinner.

Though it sure doesn't look like it.

KcMizzou
05-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Oh, #23 sucks allright.... but Denver sucks way worse than 23. They are so bad, they were one Ratface timeout from being swept by the Raiders. Thats like #28 or #29 suckiness.Denver's still riding the reputation of always being a solid team. KC was there for a while too.

Guru
05-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Glad Peter King is a complete idiot.

Bill S Preston
05-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Peter King is right on the money, good job.

DaneMcCloud
05-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Glad Peter King is a complete idiot.

So, you actually think the Chiefs WON'T get the second pick in next year's draft?

They're definitely looking at a Top 5 pick next year.

ClevelandBronco
05-06-2008, 01:48 AM

We're assbackward. We can't even get #32 right.

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:00 AM
So, you actually think the Chiefs WON'T get the second pick in next year's draft?

They're definitely looking at a Top 5 pick next year.

I am a massive pessimist but I still have to believe we will be at least 30th. :D

ClevelandBronco
05-06-2008, 02:05 AM
I am a massive pessimist but I still have to believe we will be at least 30th. :D

You're getting your number backwards as well.

DaneMcCloud
05-06-2008, 02:14 AM

I sure hope there's a franchise QB available next year.

Wouldn't it just absolutely SUCK to pick that high, only to have no one worthy of that pick?

How old is Jack Elway? :evil:

ClevelandBronco
05-06-2008, 02:16 AM
I sure hope there's a franchise QB available next year.

Wouldn't it just absolutely SUCK to pick that high, only to have no one worthy of that pick?

How old is Jack Elway? :evil:

He'll be a freshman next year.

I know that only because my kids go to the same schools.

DaneMcCloud
05-06-2008, 02:17 AM
He'll be a freshman next year.

So we have to suck for the next 4 years to have a shot?

Somehow, I think we're good. :cuss:

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:20 AM
You're getting your number backwards as well.

How so? Peter King said 31st. I call 30th.

You are thinking draft order rather than where they finish the season.

ClevelandBronco
05-06-2008, 02:21 AM
So we have to suck for the next 4 years to have a shot?

Somehow, I think we're good. :cuss:

Four years is nothing. See: Cleveland Browns.

ClevelandBronco
05-06-2008, 02:22 AM
How so? Peter King said 31st. I call 30th.

You are thinking draft order rather than where they finish the season.

You're pretty close to correct, then. 03 in the draft.

DaneMcCloud
05-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Four years is nothing. See: Cleveland Browns.

Yeah, but the Chiefs never had their franchise taken away from them.

Unless of course, you include Carl Peterson in that equation.

Guru
05-06-2008, 02:25 AM

Good, you covered yourself there.

ClevelandBronco
05-06-2008, 03:05 AM

I learned four things when the Browns became the Ravens:

1. The Browns was never my team no matter how much I'd suffered through The Drive and The Fumble. It had belonged to Art Modell all along and he was free to do whatever he wanted to do in order to make a better profit.

2. Putting the name of Cleveland before the name of the Browns was marketing genius. Fewer people would have come to see the Modell Browns, just as fewer people would care about the Bowlen Broncos and the Hunt Chiefs.

3. Locations of colleges don't change. If you want to follow a team that is virtually guaranteed to stay in one place, a team that is likely to try to recruit the best in-state players as well as other more distant prospects, follow the college game.

4. Even better, get into local high school football, especially if your kids are playing, or just attending the school. That's the only team that is really "yours."

tmax63
05-06-2008, 07:45 AM
I don't see the Chiefs that low. We finished tied in record with a couple other teams last year in the 27-30 range and got the 5th overall pick. We traded a star player and had the best overall (consensus) draft in the NFL. That should be a push at worst. I don't see us picking in the top 5 again next year, top 10 maybe. Opinions are like a**holes though everyone has one and nobody likes being told theirs stink.

TEX
05-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Peter King is probably correct with his ranking - he's certainly not that far off. We have no offense or special teams and our defense is still a work in process. Plus, it's likely that we'll get out coached on a weekly basis. We are probably the worst team in the AFC West, which isn't all that strong to begin with. The bright side is there is so much room for improvement - which is what this year should be all about.

Redrum_69
05-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Peter King is the Gochiefs of Sports Illustrated...

StcChief
05-06-2008, 10:15 AM
King, whatever we pick in top 5 again, hopefully draft well again.

blueballs
05-06-2008, 10:16 AM
refresh my memory Mr Peter King
what was your thoughts on Jake Plummer

Mr. Laz
05-06-2008, 11:06 AM
i would be more convinced of Croyle's suck-atude if he wasn't being coach by ......
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1750/27761394bb3.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

PHANTOM
05-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Either there is some serious parity in this league or that is the worst pre-season ranking ever. Some of both.

whoman69
05-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey Pete, what d'ya say we give Croyle a year or so behind a serviceable NFL line before declaring him a bust?

Gee, wish we had one.