PDA

View Full Version : Life My heart is broken.... A piece of me left me forever today

pr_capone
05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Rest In Peace

http://www.sighost.org/sigs/keelypup.jpg

Keely

March 25th, 2006 - May 5th, 2008

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/189/keelyrx4.jpg

BigVE
05-05-2008, 03:50 PM
What happened?

Frazod
05-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Damn, that sucks. What happened?

Braincase
05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
My condolensces on your loss. Dogs are more reliable than people, and often alot easier to love.

BigVE
05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
My condolensces on your loss. Dogs are more reliable than people, and often alot easier to love.

I hear that.

kstater
05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Sorry for your loss.

DaFace
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow...I remember when you were so excited to get her(?) a couple years ago. What happened?

Sfeihc
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Sorry about your loss.

pr_capone
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
She got out of our yard.... hit by a car.

Frazod
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
did the fat guy with tht tattoo die?

Christ you are a prick. 4321

Frazod
05-05-2008, 03:57 PM

That's horrible. My condolances. :(

Mizzou_8541
05-05-2008, 03:59 PM

Sorry about your loss.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 04:01 PM
She got out of our yard.... hit by a car.Same thing happened to me a few years back. In the middle of my divorce, the ex calls (I think 'what the f*ck is it now'). The lab (Tashi, we'd had her for almost as long as we'd been together, 5 or 6 years) got out of the yard, and she found her on the sidewalk in front of the house. Bad day, that was.

My condolances.

OnTheWarpath58
05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear this, E.

Hang in there.

Adept Havelock
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

BigVE
05-05-2008, 04:06 PM
This has happened to a friend of mine TWICE in the past 5 years and she was devastated. For her the best medicine was to get a new pup as soon as possible. She new she could not replace the other dog but it helped in the healing process for her and was a nice distraction. Just sayin'.

R&GHomer
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
That sucks man, sorry to hear that.

CrazyPhuD
05-05-2008, 04:08 PM
sorry to hear very tough :(

BigRedChief
05-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are considered a part of many families.

Thats why Michael Vick got the punishment he did. Americans love their dogs.

hawkchief
05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
IMO, it's no coincidence that Dog spelled backwards is ........ well you know what I mean. Probably God's greatest creation.

My condolences.

siberian khatru
05-05-2008, 04:13 PM

Indeed. We need more of them to post here.

mikey23545
05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss, PR...Hang tough, buddy.

cdcox
05-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear this pr_capone. I know how much the dog meant to you. I remember when my dog got hit by a car when I was a kid. Lucky for me my dog only suffered a a broken leg, but it was awful.

Hydrae
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow, taken way too soon.

Silock
05-05-2008, 04:26 PM
:(

QuikSsurfer
05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Getting another one will help you move on faster. I'd recommend it.

Jenson71
05-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, pr_capone.

Simply Red
05-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Sorry, that's awful.

Rain Man
05-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear. She went way too young.

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2008, 04:48 PM
hehe, sorry to hear about your pet. I lost a cat who was with me from 1988 until 2003. He had a good run, but it is what it is.

ClevelandBronco
05-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm sorry, capone.

3rd&48ers
05-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Man I am so sorry for you...

03/05/05 I took my daughter and the neighbors kid out to lunch, when I came back I let my daughter out at the end of the road to collect the garbage toter.

My little Jack Russell was out and I ran over and killed my own dog, I cried like a child and didn't work for a week.

I was so upset I wouldn't drive the 4Runner again and sold it very soon there after.

I am sorry man, I truly am and I know how you feel but it's not your fault...

Get yourself together and go to the shelter and give some love to an animal that needs it... Your dog would want you to love another friend.

Again I am so sorry for you.

MTG#10
05-05-2008, 05:16 PM
What kind of dog was it? It looks kind of like a Jack Russell mix. Anyway, my condolences. Ive only had my little min pin for about a month and I would be crushed if something happened to him so I can only imagine how you must feel. :(

Fire Me Boy!
05-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Very sorry. I had to put down one of my cats less than a week ago, and I can certainly understand your loss.

Take care.

The Bad Guy
05-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I hope someone hits that ****ing scumbag Sedated by a car.

I'm sorry for your loss.

pr_capone
05-05-2008, 05:35 PM
What kind of dog was it? It looks kind of like a Jack Russell mix. Anyway, my condolences. Ive only had my little min pin for about a month and I would be crushed if something happened to him so I can only imagine how you must feel. :(

She was an Australian Heeler. A cattle dog.

She loved to chase, play frisbee, and did all sorts of tricks / commands..... smartest dog I have ever met.

I'm gonna start drinking now. Gotta fill this hole.

tomahawk kid
05-05-2008, 05:35 PM

Dude, so sorry to hear about your loss.

Dog's is good people.

Best of luck to you and yours during your time of grieving.

Buehler445
05-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your pup PR. Get yourself another one, but not necessarily the same breed. Start a relationship with a new dog.

Best wishes bud.

Adept Havelock
05-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Get yourself together and go to the shelter and give some love to an animal that needs it... Your dog would want you to love another friend.

Again, sorry to hear it. Grieve for your dog as long as you need, and then take R8ers advice. JMO.

Lonewolf Ed
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
I've got a rott and she will be 9 in July. She's slowing down and has arthritis in her leg, so we can't go for the long walks that we used to enjoy. I know she's not a pup anymore, and I'm going to hate to lose her one day. I'm very sorry about your dog. I can see by the pics, that was a fine dog you had.

burt
05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I guess I don't quite look at my dogs like some of you. They live, they give and receive joy, they die. But I know how painful it would be to my wife and kids if we lost one of our dogs...and I would hate it. I am truly sad for your loss. I recomend Canadian whiskey for a short time and another bundle of joy in the future.

The Poz
05-05-2008, 06:41 PM
From another dog owner I have to say how sorry I am for you. I can't imagine if my dog left us too early. Keep your head up.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog, RIP

KcMizzou
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear it, man.

DeezNutz
05-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Truly sorry for your loss. I like dogs better than people and cannot imagine how tough today has been. Here's something that has been posted before, but maybe it can provide a little comfort.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Nzoner
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear man,been there and done that too many times but I'll never stop adopting dogs,they're friends,counselors,doctors etc. all rolled into one and always have time for you.

smittysbar
05-05-2008, 07:32 PM
My condolences cap.

Rausch
05-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Sorry for your loss.

I'll be one of the few to admit that I like animals (that I own) more than people.

warrior
05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Been there,sorry for your loss animals are easy too love and they return that love so easily.

NUMBER7
05-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss...our pets become part of us...take care.

Archie F. Swin
05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
that second picture is stunning! Did you take that, cap?

I'm terribly sorry about the loss of your pup...the same thing happened to us 6 years ago. I never thought I would take losing a dog so hard. They love unconditionally and live to be near you.

God bless

Friendo
05-05-2008, 08:36 PM
that sux pr! probably like our house when our Lab got run over, like a bomb dropped on the entire household--two full days of gut-punch catatonia. it is true however that another dog (in time) will ease the blow.

Buck
05-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Aww man,

Why does stuff like this have to happen?

Same thing happened to me a few years ago, I couldn't stop crying. Let it out man, I hope you feel better soon.

Skip Towne
05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
So sorry dude. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I've had it happen several times.

Ari Chi3fs
05-05-2008, 09:17 PM
She was a pretty dog. What kind of dog was she?

Sorry to hear about your loss. Pets have a comforting effect on us, so friendly.

I might recommend getting a new little puppy soon. It will do your soul good.

Bill S Preston
05-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm very sorry man. That's a very hard thing to deal with, and I'll send my good thoughts to you and your wife.

Al Czervik
05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
PR....So sorry for your loss...That sucks big time.....

Beautiful dog.....

stlchiefs
05-05-2008, 10:16 PM
That sucks PR. Like people have said, go get yourself a new pup asap. It'll take your mind off things and keep you very occupied.

alanm
05-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Fell for ya man. Hang in there.

Ugly Duck
05-05-2008, 10:50 PM

Oh man.... thats so terrible I can hardly bear to think about it. So sorry for you, ChiefsFan....

Reaper16
05-05-2008, 11:37 PM
That dog looks like he was cool as hell. I'm very sorry to hear this happened.

pr_capone
05-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone....

Any idea when it will stop hurting this much? Feels like I have been kicked in the balls repeatedly.... never felt anything like this before.

God this hurts....

Frazod
05-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Hang in there buddy. Eventually happy memories will replace the pain, for the most part, anyway.

Guru
05-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Sorry to hear about that PR. My condolences.

Ugly Duck
05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Any idea when it will stop hurting this much?

For me, that kind of emotional wound never really "heals." The wound becomes a part of you - it never really goes away. But it does eventually get covered over with scar tissue. You will always feel the loss, but you'll toughen up & move on.

Bill S Preston
05-06-2008, 12:39 AM

Any idea when it will stop hurting this much? Feels like I have been kicked in the balls repeatedly.... never felt anything like this before.

God this hurts....

Yep, it'll suck for awhile man, and you'll never get over it entirely. You've just got to remember the good times, and make sure that you keep all of your pictures. When you think that you're up for it, I'd make a trip down to your local humane society. Picking up a new young pup can do a lot, and though it'll never take the place of Keely, it'll start up its own special relationship with you.

Chiefs=Good
05-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Dogs can be better friends than people. They never judge you, ever. losing a loved one, pet or not is very tough. Im really sorry for your loss. Hang in there and try to think about the goods times.

3rd&48ers
05-06-2008, 05:32 AM

God this hurts....

You will never forget but everyday that passes will be easier.....

The best thing you can do is be amongst friends and let your emotions out....

Get out of the house and go for a walk.

Mourning is part of the process, it does not show weakness, it shows you cared.

In went to Walmart and got one of their cement flower bed borders that kinda looked like a tombstone and buried my dog in the back yard.... everytime I look out my kitchen window I can see it...

Just imagine running over your own dog man, I hurt for so long after that I didn't think I would ever get over it.... Never got over, leaves a funny feeling in my gut when I think of that day but know that your friend would not have wanted you to suffer. Find a new friend to give your love to man, it ain't like rebounding on a girl.... it is not betraying the friendship you had with the dog for which you are grieving, it's giving the love you have in your heart for pets to another and giving another animal a warm bed and a full bowl of food.

Please rescue a dog when you do from your local shelter.

Delano
05-06-2008, 06:09 AM
You will never forget but everyday that passes will be easier.....

The best thing you can do is be amongst friends and let your emotions out....

Get out of the house and go for a walk.

Mourning is part of the process, it does not show weakness, it shows you cared.

In went to Walmart and got one of their cement flower bed borders that kinda looked like a tombstone and buried my dog in the back yard.... everytime I look out my kitchen window I can see it...

Just imagine running over your own dog man, I hurt for so long after that I didn't think I would ever get over it.... Never got over, leaves a funny feeling in my gut when I think of that day but know that your friend would not have wanted you to suffer. Find a new friend to give your love to man, it ain't like rebounding on a girl.... it is not betraying the friendship you had with the dog for which you are grieving, it's giving the love you have in your heart for pets to another and giving another animal a warm bed and a full bowl of food.

Please rescue a dog when you do from your local shelter.

Excellent, empathetic post.

That really sucks pr_capone. It isn't supposed to be easy to get over it. You aren't weird for feeling like shit, you just lost a family member.

When I lost my first dog (lived with me from the age of 13-25) it really helped to write about the history we had. I ended up spending an afternoon writing this thing and sent it off to friends and family. That was very therapeutic and I made sure to save the fresh memories for the future. I think it helped me realize I'd never forget my best friend because I had it right there in writing.

Reerun_KC
05-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Sorry Buddy....

Dartgod
05-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Wow, dude. Sorry to hear about this. Its tough enough when they get old and we have to make that "decision". But to have this happen so unexpectedly must be a bitch to deal with.

I'll echo what others have said. Take a week or so to mourn and then get out there and rescue a deserving pup from your local shelter.

KC Jones
05-06-2008, 07:13 AM
You have my sympathies capone. I hope you find some solace and do not suffer with grief for too long.

Dave Lane
05-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Dude I've lost two pups in the last year and a half, I totally understand, getting a new dog really helps! Sorry big time!

Dave

Old Dog
05-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Condolences.

siberian khatru
05-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Any idea when it will stop hurting this much?

I had to put my beloved 11-year-old dog down four years ago when he had cancer. Within a couple of weeks, I had a new puppy who helped ease the pain. He's become a very good dog.

However, I still think about my other dog, and sometimes flash back to that day. I still have feelings of guilt -- yes, I know I did the right thing, blah, blah, but the bottom line is I killed the dog that trusted me. I don't think I'll ever get over that. I hope my current dog lives to a ripe old age and dies in his sleep, because I don't ever want to have to go through that again.

So there probably will always be a painful place in your heart for your dog. There will be days when it comes to the forefront and you'll be sad for a few moments. But seriously, having another dog does help fill that void.

ChiefsFan4Life
05-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Damn, this really sucks a lot and I am so sorry to hear that

People can make fun of me all they want but my dog is my "son" and I would be devastated if something like this happened

So sorry about your loss, but I bet you can take solace in the fact that you spoiled the hell out of him while he was alive and gave him a good life that he might not have had otherwise

ChiTown
05-06-2008, 07:38 AM
pr_c

Dude, I'm very sorry to hear about that. Dog's are the best animal God ever created. It's gonna sting for a long time, but it WILL get better. I've lost several dog's in my lifetime, and the one thing that always makes it better is the next one that comes into my life.

morphius
05-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Sorry man, losing a pet is terrible.

Duck Dog
05-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Not lying, it took me over a year before I could even talk about one of labs, Cajun after he died.

Sorry for you loss. She looked like a very fun and cool dog to have.

Duck Dog
05-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi! I'm a dumbass, and am still high...

What kind of ****tard ar you? If you want to insult someone go to the political forum and fire away.

crazycoffey
05-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Get yourself another one, but not necessarily the same breed. Start a relationship with a new dog.

Best wishes bud.

This sound advice is useful in many arenas. Dogs, fishing buddies, ex-wives/girlfriends.....

Sorry to hear of your loss, PR.

Chief Henry
05-06-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. ABout two years ago I spilled my heart out on here about having to put our dog down. Its a very painful experiance losing your friend. Dogs are wonderful and to most of us they are like people, only BETTER.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

gblowfish
05-06-2008, 08:18 AM
There's lots of dogs and cats that need a good loving home. You were certainly a hero to Keely, and you can be a hero to another deserving pet. Good homes are in short supply. Hope you'll decide to let another into your life soon. Sad for your loss, but hopeful you'll find another pet soon who will love you just as much.

shakesthecat
05-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Sorry for your loss, pr.

StcChief
05-06-2008, 08:25 AM
sorry for your loss, dogs are a man's best friend.... get another and start again.

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
You should get a tatoo of the dog

angelo
05-06-2008, 08:42 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

The best part of my day is coming home to my wife and dogs. We rescued both of them. When you have had time to heal. I can think of no better way to honor the memory of Keely than to maybe rescue a dog.

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I am somewhat sadden by the fact we treat our animals better than humans, but lets face it. People are assholes. I know they are just dogs but is so easy to have fun with because they never do anything but have time to play. When getting a dog it is important that you understand they will die, but that is the price you pay for having so much fun. Best wishes. What is that speach by jimmy valvano? If you can laugh cry and love in a day. That is a pretty good day.

Fairplay
05-06-2008, 10:43 AM
May you meet again under the most fortunate of circumstances in the next life capone.

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Don't think anyone's posted it...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

joesomebody
05-06-2008, 11:11 AM
I am deeply sorry for your loss, not trying to hijack, but I went through a very similar time last summer. My beautiful, healthy 2 year old Golden Retriever Max passed away completely unexpectedly one afternoon while I was at school.

Max
June 26, 2005 - September 20, 2007

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=78133&stc=1&d=1210093496

I felt like I was run over by a truck for months. People say just get over it, it's a dog, but to those of us who truly know what a dog can mean, it is not that simple. For the first couple months I felt like I could never own another dog, but my parents bought me a dog for Christmas, and while my new dog will never replace Max, I have come to terms with Max's loss and come to love Otis just as much. This is Otis right after I got him in December:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=78134&stc=1&d=1210093504

Soon you'll find your self laughing at the strangest times because a fun memory of your dog will just pop in your head at the weirdest of times... It's been nearly a year and that still happens to me. God bless, and again I'm truly sorry for your loss.

CosmicPal
05-06-2008, 12:59 PM
That sux dude. My heart goes out to you. I'm a dog lover/owner and I know what you are going thru. Dogs are the best. They do rule.

I know for a fact if my current dog, Montana, passes before I do- I'll feel a huge gap in my heart too.

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2008, 01:29 PM
I hate losing dogs. Sorry to hear it bud.

PhillyChiefFan
05-06-2008, 01:44 PM

That is terrible, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog.

chasedude
05-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Hang in there Pr_Capone. For someone that's an animal lover I know exactly where you're at right now.

Find a new friend at the pound. Rescue a life since one has been taken.

El Jefe
05-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Terrible, my symphathies.

plbrdude
05-06-2008, 04:28 PM
sorry to hear of your dog. pets are part of the family.

Joie
05-06-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. You truly have lost a member of your family. You may have other pets in your future, but they will never replace your beloved Keely.

JohnnyV13
05-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Losing a beloved pet is worse than people who don't have them can imagine. It hurts more when they don't even get to have a full canine lifespan.

Extra Point
05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Sorry about your dog. They're good people, dogs are.

kregger
05-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Sorry about the loss pr . Just when you think you can't ever love a dog as much as the one you lost, a new friend will come into your life. We have had to have two dogs euthanized and it sucks. One was hit by a car and managed to live to 12 yrs old before cancer invaded.
Like many other posters have suggested, give it a little time and search the rescue shelters(most have web sites). You'll find a new pup and it helps the healing.

FAX
05-07-2008, 09:49 AM

Very sorry to hear about this, Mr. pr_capone. I lost my first dog that way.

Time heals, though.

FAX

DaFace
05-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm not one to censor discussion, but I do agree that it would be nice to keep this discussion out of pr_capone's thread. I've moved the other discussion to this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184413

Please keep this thread for comments regarding the original post and keep the other discussion in the other thread. I hope that's an acceptable compromise.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Thank you!

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 10:49 AM
i hope you get a new dog sorry for your loss

DeezNutz
05-07-2008, 10:53 AM
That was a thoughtful move, Da Face. I'd rep. you if I could, but apparently I haven't spread my seed wide enough.

Lzen
05-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Sry for you loss, pr. I have 3 dogs myself and I know that they are truly man's best friend. Hope you feel happy days again soon.

Calcountry
05-07-2008, 12:12 PM
That sucks man, sorry to hear about it.

Neg reps to sedated.

chasedude
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm not one to censor discussion, but I do agree that it would be nice to keep this discussion out of pr_capone's thread. I've moved the other discussion to this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184413

Please keep this thread for comments regarding the original post and keep the other discussion in the other thread. I hope that's an acceptable compromise.

Thank You DaFace!

Ari Chi3fs
05-07-2008, 02:09 PM

This picture is one of the coolest dog pictures that I have ever seen.

What is the story behind it?

BigOlChiefsfan
05-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry for your loss. Looks like she was a heckuva fine dog.

CoMoChief
05-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I've posted this pic before on here, but this is my dog I had to put down a couple years ago, though this pic was when he was about 5-6 yrs old. I still miss him, letting go is hard to do sometimes, esp if it was your best friend.

pr_capone
05-07-2008, 10:20 PM

This picture is one of the coolest dog pictures that I have ever seen.

What is the story behind it?

She was a flyball dog. Flyball is a team sport for dogs. That is Keely making her return trip. :D

My favorite picture of her ever.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 10:23 PM
How you holding up?

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
My favorite picture of her ever.Hell of a shot. Couldn't have been better if a pro had taken it.

pr_capone
05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
How you holding up?

Doing ok.... felt like shit at random points during the day but otherwise ok.

The worst part was how quiet the house was. Cathy and I could not stand to have the house so quiet so we decided to do something about it.

We went to the Wichita Animal Shelter and to the Kansas Humane Society but they had nothing that would fit.

By the way... the conditions at the Wichita Animal Shelter are DEPLORABLE.

We visited a few homes that had litters of puppies either for sale or being given away but none of them spoke to me until.....

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/399/pict0091rz4.jpg

Meet Angie! She is a Dapple Miniature Daschund. Her name is actually Angelina, but not after Jolie. I had named Keely after Keely Smith, a singer back in the day and the wife of my favorite swing band leader ever, Louis Prima.

Well, this time I named my dog after one of his songs..... Angelina.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIJzpdJIdmI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIJzpdJIdmI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

So far she has been nothing short of a cuddle bug and loves to chase my hand. She is already starting to respond to her name and comes when called (for the most part). :D

She can never replace Keely.... but it will be nice to have puppy sounds in the house again. :D

Frazod
05-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Excellent. I'm glad you got another dog. :thumb:

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Dude... I love Daschunds. My grand parents had one (Casey aka KC) when I was a kid. Smartest dog I ever met. I could name 3 or 4 others that have been in my family. They're damned good dogs... and lovable as hell.

Be gentle, though... it's really easy for them to have back problems... for obvious reasons.

cdcox
05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
:thumb:

Great looking dog.

pr_capone
05-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Dude... I love Daschunds. My grand parents had one (Casey aka KC) when I was a kid. Smartest dog I ever met. I could name 3 or 4 others that have been in my family. They're damned good dogs... and lovable as hell.

Be gentle, though... it's really easy for them to have back problems... for obvious reasons.

Yeah.... we have a 10 year old Mini (but not so mini cuz Cathy let her get HUGE) Dot and she is a great dog. I have had bad experiences with them in the past but Mandi won me over.

When I went to go see Angie, I had my reservations but she came right up to me and started licking my face and biting on my beard.... well, I was hooked. :D

I've never been a fan of girlying up a dog before but she looks so damn cute with her pink collar. :D I might just go out and get little bows for her ears. LMFAO

/teh ghey now

Mr. Flopnuts
05-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Yeah.... we have a 10 year old Mini (but not so mini cuz Cathy let her get HUGE) Dot and she is a great dog. I have had bad experiences with them in the past but Mandi won me over.

When I went to go see Angie, I had my reservations but she came right up to me and started licking my face and biting on my beard.... well, I was hooked. :D

I've never been a fan of girlying up a dog before but she looks so damn cute with her pink collar. :D I might just go out and get little bows for her ears. LMFAO

/teh ghey now

Dude, congrats. I'm glad you did this.

ClevelandBronco
05-08-2008, 03:01 AM
She was a flyball dog. Flyball is a team sport for dogs. That is Keely making her return trip. :D

My favorite picture of her ever.

Sometimes I wonder if we can ever be worthy of the animals that love us.

What a great photo.

siberian khatru
05-08-2008, 08:07 AM
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/399/pict0091rz4.jpg

:clap:

Pennywise
05-08-2008, 08:49 AM
:clap:

Check her out showing her ass to the planet.

Dartgod
05-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Cute pup, PR. Glad to see you are moving on!

DeezNutz
05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Good looking puppy, bro. She'll be a welcome addition to the family.