PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jared Allen Interview on 38 Sports

BigChiefFan
05-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Just a head's up, but Jared Allen will be on the 38 the the spot at 7:00 with Jack Harry. Jared Allen explains how Carl bullshitted everybody-it should be a fun watch.

tomahawk kid
05-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Great.

Are they going to pleasure each other while throwing darts at Carl's picture?

It's sh!t like this that makes me want to send Jack Harry about 6 cases of Marlboro's and let nature take it's course.

BigChiefFan
05-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Great.

It's sh!t like this that makes me want to send Jack Harry about 6 cases of Marlboro's and let nature take it's course.Sorry, but Carl is a freaking lying sack of crap. The truth should be told and not swept under the rug.

Mecca
05-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Jared will explain how drinking and driving and being suspended really isn't that big of a deal.

tomahawk kid
05-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry, but Carl is a freaking lying sack of crap. The truth should be told and not swept under the rug.

I'm not trying to defend Carl - I just think everyone needs to move on.

What's to come of this? People are going suddenly realize Carl's an ass?

Everyone knows that Peterson's an infantile dirt bag.

This is going is going to do nothing but give a crazy old man (who I hate almost as much as Carl) a platform to grandstand his equally worthless BS.

keg in kc
The truth may well be that Jared wanted out, but he has a business here, and what better way to snow over over the fans and customers than to pin this all on a guy they already hate (and with good reason).

tomahawk kid
Jared will explain how drinking and driving and being suspended really isn't that big of a deal.

DUDE - he's been clean and sober for 12 MONTHS [End Sarcasm]

tomahawk kid
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
The truth may well be that Jared wanted out, but he has a business here, and what better way to snow over over the fans and customers than to pin this all on a guy they already hate (and with good reason).

Ding, Ding, Ding.

And give that worthless bag of monkey shit Jack Harry an excuse to go on an hour long Chiefs rant.

veist
05-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes, because we can honestly expect to get nothing but the truth from these two very unbiased sources. Its over, what exactly is there to gain from rehashing why Carl didn't give him the third highest paying contract ever? I mean considering thats what he wanted and Minny was willing to give up to give it to him I think we got the best possible outcome of the situation.

AustinChief
05-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Wow, if he goes out of his way to trash Peterson and the Chiefs... he is truly classless. Thank god he is gone. What an immature move...

the Talking Can
05-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Carl got the best years of his career, dangled a contract, humiliated him in public by labeling him a risk, traded his ass for a ransom to franchise with delusions of winning a superbowl, and then used the picks to have what may turn out to be the best draft in franchise history causing people to forget about Allen almost immediately...

yeah, he's probably gonna cry like a soft bitch about it....which would be what you expect of an alcoholic in denial....the same crying you'll hear when the Vikings fans start asking the question, "Why did we pay the highest salary to a defensive player ever for 11 sacks and a first round playoff loss?"...

The Bad Guy
05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm glad we have Glenn Dorsey.

I really hope Allen falls flat on his face. When he wasn't playing for his meal money, he was a top 10 defensive end. Now he's paid like he's the best defensive player in the league.

Let him be Minnesota's problem.

Mecca
05-05-2008, 06:07 PM
He'll probably play well since he's not to the best DT tandem in the league...I'm just curious how long it will take before he's suspended.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
is Jared gonna explain himself to why he called us shitty fans.

Mecca
05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
He's talking about being a big kid....that would make me real comfortable as a Vikings fan.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Great.

It's sh!t like this that makes me want to send Jack Harry about 6 cases of Marlboro's and let nature take it's course.

I'll get you an address, if you send them here, I promise I will see to it personally that he receives every last pack. I swear.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I love his nigro shirt, how appropriate, even if it is a real place

kstater
05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
I love his nigro shirt, how appropriate, even if it is a real place

I'm sure he's just interested in chess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmine_Nigro

Mecca
05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
I like how he's saying that Peterson is taking shots at home when Rome asked him the question..and Allen is a player at risk like it or not.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Jack Harry gets off on this shit, he hates Carl so much he'd suck jareds dirty wang for more negative attn towards Carl

Mecca
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
It's funny to hear Allen nicely take shots...."Now I'm with an organization that supports me and is about winning games"

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 06:20 PM
It's funny to hear Allen nicely take shots...."Now I'm with an organization that supports me and is about winning games"

He's pretty much an immature POS...**** him

The Bad Guy
05-05-2008, 06:27 PM

He's so full of shit.

The Vikings haven't won shit in forever, much like the Chiefs.

They support him because they gave him 74 million when we wouldn't.

If anything, he should kiss Carl's ass for trading him somewhere that stupid.

DaWolf
05-05-2008, 06:33 PM

LMAO. The Vikings are pretty much the Chiefs of the NFC. What have they won recently? They are better known for choking than anything...

Rausch
05-05-2008, 06:33 PM
He's so full of shit.

The Vikings haven't won shit in forever, much like the Chiefs.

They are the ****ing NFC Chiefs.

Always in the playoffs and always underachieve.

Marty = Green. One was full on defense and the other offense. NEITHER ever developed a legit QB.

You could go on for hours. They're that similar...

Rausch
05-05-2008, 06:35 PM
As far as the Allen trade goes it's a win/win.

Allen is ecstatic in a new setting and the Chiefs loaded up on the best talent they could have.

I have no regrets and it appears it will end up happy for all...

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Win/win indeed.

And although it's premature to say it, I think I'd trade Allen for Dorsey straight up seven days a week and twice on sunday. You can find pass rushers everywhere. Guys like Dorsey don't grow on trees; he could be a once-a-decade kind of player.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Out of sight out of mind, i'll miss his 4th qtr sacks

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Win/win indeed.

And although it's premature to say it, I think I'd trade Allen for Dorsey straight up seven days a week and twice on sunday. You can find pass rushers everywhere. Guys like Dorsey don't grow on trees; he could be a once-a-decade kind of player.

To play Devil's advocate. We would've drafted Dorsey whether we traded Jared or not. How would you like to have them both for the next decade?

The real question is, would you have traded Jared Allen for Brandon Albert/Jamaal Charles/Dejuan Morgan, because that's what we got for him. I'm pretty happy. Possibly the best lineman in the last few years, and the best safety in this draft, on top of a phenominal value in Charles. I think we did purdy good.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
To play Devil's advocate. We would've drafted Dorsey whether we traded Jared or not. How would you like to have them both for the next decade?

The real question is, would you have traded Jared Allen for Brandon Albert/Jamaal Charles/Dejuan Morgan, because that's what we got for him. I'm pretty happy. Possibly the best lineman in the last few years, and the best safety in this draft, on top of a phenominal value in Charles. I think we did purdy good.

I think it would've been great had Jared wanted to stay here and not gotten 2 DUI's...he isn't to be trusted. Now he is the highest paid DL in the game, he should succeed with that sick line in Minn, even if he isnt playing full speed with that huge wallet

Rausch
05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Guys like Dorsey don't grow on trees; he could be a once-a-decade kind of player.

Exactly.

Use all the draft day charts you want but value is relative.

You drop my fat ass off in the Sahar and I'd trade 10 lbs. of gold for a bottle of water.

The FO can talk all they want about how they would have traded down but they made this trade knowing it gave them the ammo to get who they wanted...

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 06:52 PM
To play Devil's advocate. We would've drafted Dorsey whether we traded Jared or not. How would you like to have them both for the next decade? I don't think we would have. I believe without the pick at 17 that they trade out of 5, even with Dorsey there, or we draft Albert at 5 if we aren't able to find a partner. And I think the entire draft board looks drastically different when it's all over, as a cascade from the change at the top.

The extra picks gave them the freedom to draft the way they did. In my opinion. Without 17 and the 3rd, I believe they may have changed their entire approach.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't think we would have. I believe without the pick at 17 that they trade out of 5, even with Dorsey there, or we draft Albert at 5 if we aren't able to find a partner. And I think the entire draft board looks drastically different when it's all over, as a cascade from the change at the top.

The extra picks gave them the freedom to draft the way they did. In my opinion. Without 17 and the 3rd, I believe they may have changed their entire approach.

I don't think there's anyway they pass on Dorsey unless something ridiculous posed itself. We'll never know, but I think Dorsey was ours once he slid under just about all circumstances. I still think we got the better end of the deal, but I guess only time will tell.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't think there's anyway they pass on Dorsey unless something ridiculous posed itself. We'll never know,No, we definitely won't. Things happenened the way they did and anything else is just a guess...

smittysbar
05-05-2008, 07:15 PM
He came off to me like he has gotten a little big for his britches.

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2008, 07:16 PM

Gotta love it when the truth hurts.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
He came off to me like he has gotten a little big for his britches.

I'd feel real good after getting paid $74 mill after being a drunkass 2 times

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Win/win indeed.

The thing is Allen just isnt a pass rusher. He plays the run very well, he makes alot of tackles. He creates alot of turnovers. He never gives up on plays. I am not saying Dorsey isnt the same, we will find out soon enough. I am just saying. I would have rather got rid of LJ and Tony G then Allen.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
The thing is Allen just isnt a pass rusher. He plays the run very well, he makes alot of tackles. He creates alot of turnovers. He never gives up on plays. I am not saying Dorsey isnt the same, we will find out soon enough. I am just saying. I would have rather got rid of LJ and Tony G then Allen.

No knock on the athelete, he never gave up etc, but he still didn't do shit in the 4th qtr when it really mattered...

Most his sacks were in the 1st half...

I think we got the better end of the deal and setup our future, jareds gone, im kind've sick of talking about him. He was a diamond in a pile of turds...but we got 2 potential studs thanks to him and probably more

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 07:28 PM
No knock on the athelete, he never gave up etc, but he still didn't do shit in the 4th qtr when it really mattered...

Most his sacks were in the 1st half...

I think we got the better end of the deal and setup our future, jareds gone, im kind've sick of talking about him. He was a diamond in a pile of turds...but we got 2 potential studs thanks to him and probably more

I think all 3 picks could be cornerstones to our team in 5 years.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 07:29 PM
The thing is Allen just isnt a pass rusher. He plays the run very well, he makes alot of tackles. He creates alot of turnovers. He never gives up on plays. I am not saying Dorsey isnt the same, we will find out soon enough. I am just saying. I would have rather got rid of LJ and Tony G then Allen.The point wasn't that he's just a pass rusher, the point was that elite defensive tackles are more rare than elite defensive ends.

Rausch
05-05-2008, 07:33 PM
is Jared gonna explain himself to why he called us shitty fans.

The bigger question is why you feel fanny-sore over the fact that he hasn't...

Rausch
05-05-2008, 07:34 PM
I would have rather got rid of LJ and Tony G then Allen.

http://nocodingoncrack.org/coding-on-crack.jpg

KCrockaholic
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Out of sight out of mind, i'll miss his 4th qtr sacks

or dont you mean his 4th quarter sacks that never happened? thats the one thing that seperated him from Neil Smith and DT, they made game clenching sacks, JA fell apart in the 4th qtr

edit: ok i get your sarcasm

mikey23545
05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I would have rather got rid of LJ and Tony G then Allen.

When will you get it through your thick skull that wasn't an option?
Allen put himself in the position he was in by being a drunk-ass all the way back to his college days. He was the one who got offended because the Chiefs wouldn't break the bank for such a risky player. <i>He</i> was the one that wanted out.

LJ and TG wanted to stay. See the difference?

Oh, and it's <b>than</b> not <b>then</b>.

Rausch
05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
or dont you mean his 4th quarter sacks that never happened? thats the one thing that seperated him from Neil Smith and DT, they made game clenching sacks, JA fell apart in the 4th qtr

We got near DT value for a guy we all know is no DT.

It's that simple...

Sure-Oz
05-05-2008, 08:17 PM

excellent

CoMoChief
05-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Wow, if he goes out of his way to trash Peterson and the Chiefs... he is truly classless. Thank god he is gone. What an immature move...

Wrong. Jared did nothing wrong here but tell the truth. We all know we can't believe half of the shit that comes out of Carls mouth. I have no doubt in my mind that Carl had absolutely NO intentions on signing Allen long term. After a while if became known to Allen that Carl just isn't gonna resign him, so then Allen stated then that he probably won't ever play for KC again. What's wrong with what Allen said?

It's just we've all known for years and heard all the stories of what makes Carl the biggest asshole in the NFL.

There have been multiple occasions where people don't wanna come here or stay here for that matter, because of Peterson being the GM. This is nothing new. He's a cheap son of a bitch egotistical asshole. Once again this is nothing new.

All of a sudden this becomes a classless move once a player says this while we have been bitching about it for 20 ****ing years? Come on people.

And btw I don't know why people are talking about Dorsey, because he has nothing to do with the Allen trade. Whether we trade Allen or not we are still sitting a 5 spot and we still take Dorsey. I don't think we would have traded down.

Rausch
05-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Wrong. Jared did nothing wrong here but tell the truth.

It's just we've all known for years and heard all the stories of what makes Carl the biggest asshole in the NFL.

Allen is pissed because Carl told Allen to sign the papers that Carl later used against him in negotiations.

Allen did, and after he did Carl said "Well, you admit to it! Ah-HA! You're a risk and not worth the payday."

Now JA is shocked because GM's were trying to **** him.

the Talking Can
05-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Wrong. Jared did nothing wrong here but tell the truth. We all know we can't believe half of the shit that comes out of Carls mouth. I have no doubt in my mind that Carl had absolutely NO intentions on signing Allen long term. After a while if became known to Allen that Carl just isn't gonna resign him, so then Allen stated then that he probably won't ever play for KC again. What's wrong with what Allen said?

There have been multiple occasions where people don't wanna come here or stay here for that matter, because of Peterson being the GM. This is nothing new. He's a cheap son of a bitch egotistical asshole. Once again this is nothing new.

All of a sudden this becomes a classless move once a player says this while we have been bitching about it for 20 ****ing years? Come on people.

why do you think that Carl being an asshole and Allen being an childish drunk asshole are mutually exclusive truths?

smittysbar
05-05-2008, 08:51 PM

And btw I don't know why people are talking about Dorsey, because he has nothing to do with the Allen trade. Whether we trade Allen or not we are still sitting a 5 spot and we still take Dorsey. I don't think we would have traded down.

You really would have wanted the Chiefs to pay him this much money?

Ari Chi3fs
05-05-2008, 09:07 PM

I was in the trade LJ to vikings boat last year for their 7th pick overall, in which they got Peterson. I would have liked their 1st and 2nd last year, for LJ while having Adrian Peterson... and keeping Jared Allen... then drafting Dorsey.

That would be very nice.

Mecca
05-05-2008, 09:18 PM
There was no way in hell the Chiefs were getting top 10 pick for LJ.....they might have got a 2nd...RB's don't have alot of value.

Ari Chi3fs
05-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Green Bay was offering some shit for LJ last offseason.

smittysbar
05-05-2008, 09:22 PM
There was no way in hell the Chiefs were getting top 10 pick for LJ.....they might have got a 2nd...RB's don't have alot of value.

Especially after what history shows to RB's with that many carries

Mecca
05-05-2008, 09:23 PM

That was a rumor......but I highly doubt they'd have gotten anything more than some mid round picks and they should have taken that if they could have....paying RB's just isn't smart.

smittysbar
05-05-2008, 09:24 PM
That was a rumor......but I highly doubt they'd have gotten anything more than some mid round picks and they should have taken that if they could have....paying RB's just isn't smart.

I don't think the rumors even had them giving a #1

Mecca
05-05-2008, 09:30 PM
This is the way I compare it..

Say the Chiefs cut LJ after this year and draft James Davis in the 3rd round.

The Chiefs would have 3 RBs 2 in the 3rd round 1 in the 5th, they would each bring something and combined especially Davis/Charles would be very productive and all 3 of them together would make less than LJ.

smittysbar
05-05-2008, 09:35 PM
This is the way I compare it..

Say the Chiefs cut LJ after this year and draft James Davis in the 3rd round.

The Chiefs would have 3 RBs 2 in the 3rd round 1 in the 5th, they would each bring something and combined especially Davis/Charles would be very productive and all 3 of them together would make less than LJ.

Never really looked at it that way

CoMoChief
05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
why do you think that Carl being an asshole and Allen being an childish drunk asshole are mutually exclusive truths?

When has Allen been an asshole?

Do you know the kind of thugs Carl has brought into KC that have done things that are far worse than just a DUI???

Jared cleaned up his act. But the bottom line is that Jared did everything the Chiefs wanted him to do as far as cleaning himself up and he did, and Carl didn't follow his word which is really not surprising to me or anyone on this board.

I don't think Carl thought Jared would have the kind of season he did. And when he did Carl thought "well **** all we can do now is trade him". Since Carl is such a cheap ass.

On the other hand, Allen was rewarded the biggest contract ever to a defensive player. NO WAY was Carl ever gonna pay that. But you have to ask yourself, as long as Carl is around are we ever gonna pony up money for young player that produces at a probowl level when his contract expires????

What happens if DJ has a superb year and his contract expires??? Are we gonna looke to trade him away too?

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 09:41 PM
But you have to ask yourself, as long as Carl is around are we ever gonna pony up money for young player that produces at a probowl level when his contract expires????Will Shields, Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson, Brian Waters. Off the top of my head.

Rausch
05-05-2008, 09:41 PM

Ding!

Well argued point of the day...

CoMoChief
05-05-2008, 09:42 PM
You really would have wanted the Chiefs to pay him this much money?

No. I dont think anyone is worth that kinda money IMO.

But I also think Allen would have signed for much less had the Chiefs and Allen gotten things done sooner.

The bottem line is that Carl told Allen to clean up and he did, followed that by a probowl season and Carl didn't fall on his word like he should have

CP had NO intentions of resigning JA. Thats a fact.

Allen would have signed here for a cheaper amount had this gotten done last season. This wouldnt have even been an issue.

Could you imagine a Dline with Dorsey and Allen? OMG.

Mecca
05-05-2008, 09:42 PM
The Chiefs have generally kept their good players, even in some cases when they shouldn't have.....Allen was an exception not the rule to what they usually do.

Rausch
05-05-2008, 09:43 PM

Do you know the kind of thugs Carl has brought into KC that have done things that are far worse than just a DUI???

Yeah, I do.

Do you?...

Rausch
05-05-2008, 09:44 PM
The Chiefs have generally kept their good players, even in some cases when they shouldn't have.....Allen was an exception not the rule to what they usually do.

His crime was less but his price was more...

the Talking Can
05-05-2008, 09:45 PM

Jared cleaned up his act. But the bottom line is that Jared did everything the Chiefs wanted him to do as far as cleaning himself up and he did, and Carl didn't follow his word which is really not surprising to me or anyone on this board.

I don't think Carl thought Jared would have the kind of season he did. And when he did Carl thought "well **** all we can do now is trade him". Since Carl is such a cheap ass.

On the other hand, Allen was rewarded the biggest contract ever to a defensive player. NO WAY was Carl ever gonna pay that. But you have to ask yourself, as long as Carl is around are we ever gonna pony up money for young player that produces at a probowl level when his contract expires????

What happens if DJ has a superb year and his contract expires??? Are we gonna looke to trade him away too?

he's an asshole for getting 4 DUIs....

and he's an asshole for crying at the mere suggestion that maybe getting 4 DUIs is a reason to be concerned about making him the highest paid defensive player in the history of the NFL...

and this claim that Carl never pays anyone is stupid beyond belief:

DT
Gonzo
Shields
Holmes
Green
LJ
Warfield
Waters
Williams
McGlockton
Surtain
and on and on....

Carl will pay anyone, injured or not, young or not...that's been part of his problem - not knowing when NOT to pay....

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2008, 09:49 PM

Absolute bullshit.

NEVER happened.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 09:52 PM
The Chiefs have generally kept their good players, even in some cases when they shouldn't have.....Allen was an exception not the rule to what they usually do.Yep.

People banging on Carl for this whole deal are missing the fact this is not the way that he's ever done business. He never lets his 'hit' draft picks go. This whole offseason is basically the polar opposite of how he normally does business. The normal Peterson move would have been to rework Allen's contract, at any cost, sign as many free agents as possible to plug holes and do whatever it takes to insure a 'winning' season ('winning' meaning 'not losing'; 8-8). He has never shown any desire to accumulate draft picks or to attempt to rebuild through the draft.

But, hey, maybe it's Tait all over. If it is, then that means Allen wanted out, and he's feeding everybody a load of BS so he doesn't come off as the "bad guy".

Carl is an easy scapegoat. People hate him, so if you want to come out smelling like roses, what do you do...blame it on Carl. Because, again, everybody hates him (including me, I should add), and apparently they have a short memory, too, since Allen was slamming KC and talking about leaving a year ago. Flash forward 12 months, and it's funny how the story changes. "I want to stay, I love it here, it's just that danged evil Carl Peterson."

Uh huh. Right.

KcMizzou
05-05-2008, 09:52 PM
he's an asshole for getting 4 DUIs....

and he's an asshole for crying at the mere suggestion that maybe getting 4 DUIs is a reason to be concerned about making him the highest paid defensive player in the history of the NFL...

and this claim that Carl never pays anyone is stupid beyond belief:

DT
Gonzo
Shields
Holmes
Green
LJ
Warfield
Waters
Williams
McGlockton
Surtain
and on and on....

Carl will pay anyone, injured or not, young or not...that's been part of his problem - not knowing when NOT to pay....Excellent point. The problem with Carl has never been that he's a tight ass... it's been about poor judgement.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2008, 09:53 PM
The bottem line is that Carl told Allen to clean up and he did, followed that by a probowl season and Carl didn't fall on his word like he should have

Are you this dumb? Seriously?

Allen had NO CHOICE. If he receives ONE MORE DUI, he's suspended for ONE YEAR!

Got it?

Additionally, Allen finally decided to clean up (in a CONTRACT year, no less) and received a huge payday for his effort.

Do you really think that Allen could be trusted in a non-contract year? If so, why? He was arrested for a DUI in high school, once in college and twice in the NFL.

The ONLY thing that made this past offseason ANY different was that there was a HUGE payday if he could keep his shit together for 12 months.

Get it?

Rausch
05-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Carl has ALWAYS deferred to his HC.

The only exception to the rule has been LJ.

And I honestly believe that the only reason he pulled rank there was because (first time thought here) they would get over it and he realized DV wasn't the talent evaluator he thought DV was...

stlchiefs
05-05-2008, 09:58 PM
SO, does anyone have anything from the interview or is this just Another Jared Allen Thread?

Rausch
05-05-2008, 09:59 PM
just Another Jared Allen Thread?

Pretty much...

KcMizzou
05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Pretty much...I admit, it's a combover.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I admit, it's a combover.Well, we could talk about, ah, err, I got nothin.

Dylan
05-05-2008, 10:03 PM
ROFL

smittysbar
05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
No. I dont think anyone is worth that kinda money IMO.

But I also think Allen would have signed for much less had the Chiefs and Allen gotten things done sooner.

CP had NO intentions of resigning JA. Thats a fact.

Allen would have signed here for a cheaper amount had this gotten done last season. This wouldnt have even been an issue.

Could you imagine a Dline with Dorsey and Allen? OMG.

Say they do sign him last year. Then he has not learned a lesson what so ever. Does he still clean his act up, I doubt it, IMO. Doing this in a contract year was smart....no not even just smart, he would be a f'ing moron not too.

So he is signed goes out and gets in trouble again. Then all of his supporters today would be on here bitching about how stupid Carl was to sign a guy with these problems.

I hate Carl as much as you Eric, but I don't fault him to much for anything that happened here. JA is a big boy, he should take just as much (if not more) for the shit that has happened. I mean really 4 DWI's........find a friend for Christ sakes. :)

alanm
05-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm glad we have Glenn Dorsey.

I really hope Allen falls flat on his face. When he wasn't playing for his meal money, he was a top 10 defensive end. Now he's paid like he's the best defensive player in the league.

Let him be Minnesota's problem.
I don't have anything against Allen. I hope he continues to do well.
Course now that the incentive to be paid is gone it may be a little tougher to keep it up.

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2008, 10:08 PM
The funny in all this is Jared Allen lost absolutely NOTHING. Despite what he did, he still ****ing came out on top. He got paid. He's going to a better team with stud DT's. All this bitchin back and forth is really for nothing. He still got paid crazy money.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
The funny in all this is Jared Allen lost absolutely NOTHING. Despite what he did, he still ****ing came out on top. He got paid. He's going to a better team with stud DT's. All this bitchin back and forth is really for nothing. He still got paid crazy money.Win/win for everybody pretty much sums it up. He got out of town to play for a potential contender (and a huge paycheck), the Chiefs got a cornerstone draft.

B_Ambuehl
05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
What cracks me up is all these excuses about Carl not wanting to pay Allen that much yet Dorsey's gonna end up with guaranteed dollars in excess of 25 million, which is just a few million shy of Allen's 31 million and he's yet to play a snap in the NFL.

Mecca
05-05-2008, 10:15 PM
What cracks me up is all these excuses about Carl not wanting to pay Allen that much yet Dorsey's gonna end up with guaranteed dollars in excess of 25 million, which is just a few million shy of Allen's 31 million and he's yet to play a snap in the NFL.

Dorsey is a real leader....he also doesn't get DUI's or get suspended or act like a child.

Dick Bull
05-05-2008, 10:15 PM

plus he's not one strike away from a years suspension

Fruit Ninja
05-05-2008, 10:18 PM
plus he's not one strike away from a years suspension

I rather still would see him get the money and not LJ and Tony G. Tony G deserves better then playing out the rest of his career with a team trying rebuilt.

keg in kc
05-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Carl doesn't need an excuse. I don't think Allen had any intention of ever staying in KC. And it's hard to blame him for that when the team's gone 7-9, 10-6, 9-7 and 4-12 since he was drafted. He wanted out, he got out, and the convenient scapegoat's taking all the heat for him. So, well played, Jared. Or Jared's agent.

the Talking Can
05-05-2008, 10:25 PM

doubt it, the #5 last year got $20 mill (if espn was correct)

Dorsey will get 22-23 tops...

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Yep.

People banging on Carl for this whole deal are missing the fact this is not the way that he's ever done business. He never lets his 'hit' draft picks go. This whole offseason is basically the polar opposite of how he normally does business. The normal Peterson move would have been to rework Allen's contract, at any cost, sign as many free agents as possible to plug holes and do whatever it takes to insure a 'winning' season ('winning' meaning 'not losing'; 8-8). He has never shown any desire to accumulate draft picks or to attempt to rebuild through the draft.

But, hey, maybe it's Tait all over. If it is, then that means Allen wanted out, and he's feeding everybody a load of BS so he doesn't come off as the "bad guy".

Carl is an easy scapegoat. People hate him, so if you want to come out smelling like roses, what do you do...blame it on Carl. Because, again, everybody hates him (including me, I should add), and apparently they have a short memory, too, since Allen was slamming KC and talking about leaving a year ago. Flash forward 12 months, and it's funny how the story changes. "I want to stay, I love it here, it's just that danged evil Carl Peterson."

Uh huh. Right.People are bagging on Carl because he's a ****ing liar, no more, nothing less. Sorry, but no way I can defend that ****ing fraud, who hasn't done anything of signifigance in twenty years. Sorry, but he had no intention of re-signing, Jared, even though he told JA he did-that's horseshit and I'll call it as such. The man has zero principles and his business ethics are shady at best.

Some are missing the point, this has nothing to do with the contract and everything to do with Carl's nature-he's a fraud.

Dick Bull
05-06-2008, 07:24 AM
People are bagging on Carl because he's a ****ing liar, no more, nothing less. Sorry, but no way I can defend that ****ing fraud, who hasn't done anything of signifigance in twenty years. Sorry, but he had no intention of re-signing, Jared, even though he told JA he did-that's horseshit and I'll call it as such. The man has zero principles and his business ethics are shady at best.

Some are missing the point, this has nothing to do with the contract and everything to do with Carl's nature-he's a fraud.

um yeah
:doh!:

that's business
BTW
how do you know what he told jared allen?

If it was in public then it was posturing, nothing more nothing less.

Mr. Kotter
05-06-2008, 07:28 AM
BCF,

Look, not very damn many of us like Carl Peterson. He's an arrogant jerk, who's all about making money and putting butts in the seats at Arrowhead.....winning is not his priority. So, yeah, he sucks.

However, defending Allen's juvenile, self-serving, and mostly irrelevant rant against Carl is silly and sophmoric on your part. If it was a damn internet discussion board, that would be one thing....but this is Jared in "real life." He needs to grow up. And so does anyone who genuinely "defends" this kind of crap.

siberian khatru
05-06-2008, 07:37 AM
What keg and Kotter said.

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 07:41 AM
BCF,

Look, not very damn many of us like Carl Peterson. He's an arrogant jerk, who's all about making money and putting butts in the seats at Arrowhead.....winning is not his priority. So, yeah, he sucks.

However, defending Allen's juvenile, self-serving, and mostly irrelevant rant against Carl is silly and sophmoric on your part. If it was a damn internet discussion board, that would be one thing....but this is Jared in "real life." He needs to grow up. And so does anyone who genuinely "defends" this kind of crap.
I agree, he needs to grow up-there's no disputing that, but I truly believe he was lied to and manipulated as he's stated, that's why I'm rather vocal about this, because Carl lied and played this in a shady manner-anybody in JA's position would feel the same way. When your employer lies to you, you tend to lose faith in the company you work for, that's human nature and has nothing to do with someone's maturity level. If anything, it looks like Carl needs to grow up.

I guess shady business ethics are okay as long as we get what we want, right?

the Talking Can
05-06-2008, 07:48 AM
When your employer lies to you, you tend to lose faith in the company you work for, that's human nature and has nothing to do with someone's maturity level.

and when an employee that you are paying millions gets his FOURTH DUI and is suspended you tend to lose faith in the employee you are paying....

see how that works?

this all started when Allen acted irresponsibly....he is accountable...but fans just can't admit that....

chiefforlife
05-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Can anyone give a recap of what was said?

Radar Chief
05-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Yep.

Uh huh. Right.

Alan does have a business to maintain in KC doesn’t he?
Didn’t Neil Smiths restaurant get vandalized a few times after he went to Denver talking shit? :hmmm:

CoMoChief
05-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Did JA drink alot and get into trouble multiple times behind the wheel?
Yes

Did Carl Peterson and the Chiefs FO agree to extend Allen's deal if he cleaned up and got his act back together and stay out of trouble?
Yes

Did Jared Allen stop drinking and worked his ass off getting back into incredible shape, getting the sack title in the NFL?
Yes

Did Carl have any intentions at all in retaining Allen once he saw he was playing at the higest level possible knowing JA would want a big contract?
No

Overall did Jared Allen do what the Chiefs told him to do and then the Chiefs didn't keep their word once Allen succeeded and did everything they asked of him?
Yes.

JA knows what it takes to be the best at his position in the NFL. Thats not by drinking and getting shit bombed all the time. You don't think JA wants to be the best? Do you really think he wants to risk getting behind the wheel drunk again knowing he won't be able to play for a full season should he get caught? Players want to play. They don't want to sit home and watch.

This is all on Peterson if you ask me.

Brock
05-06-2008, 09:04 AM
You are right about one aspect of it: They didn't want to give him the money.

I wouldn't either. Giving an alcoholic that much money is a stupid thing to do.

Mr. Kotter
05-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I agree, he needs to grow up-there's no disputing that, but I truly believe he was lied to and manipulated as he's stated, that's why I'm rather vocal about this, because Carl lied and played this in a shady manner-anybody in JA's position would feel the same way. When your employer lies to you, you tend to lose faith in the company you work for, that's human nature and has nothing to do with someone's maturity level. If anything, it looks like Carl needs to grow up.

I guess shady business ethics are okay as long as we get what we want, right?

Shady? If he was truly lied to....yeah, that sucks. It doesn't reflect well on Peterson or the Chiefs. However, it would hardly be the first time it's happened in football--by both sides. Players and agents have also been known to lie their asses off when a contract is involved. I'm not saying it's right, it's not. But it's not unusual, at all....from anyone involved. If Carl really did bold-face lie to Jared, I suspect Clark Hunt has taken that up with him....and may be one of the many reasons Carl's power has been diminished.

ChiTown
05-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Jared Allen is a pussy. He whined, cried and threw a fit publicly when he didn't get "his". He's now got "it", good riddance and go Tamba!

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 09:19 AM
and when an employee that you are paying millions gets his FOURTH DUI and is suspended you tend to lose faith in the employee you are paying....

see how that works?

this all started when Allen acted irresponsibly....he is accountable...but fans just can't admit that....Maybe Carl should have thought about that when he promised to re-sign JA AFTER all the offenses occured.

This isn't about the contract, It's Carl underhandedness that everyone seems to be giving a free pass that I don't understand.

irishjayhawk
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Dorsey is a real leader....he also doesn't get DUI's or get suspended or act like a child.

Don't say that now.....

irishjayhawk
05-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Shady? If he was truly lied to....yeah, that sucks. It doesn't reflect well on Peterson or the Chiefs. However, it would hardly be the first time it's happened in football--by both sides. Players and agents have also been known to lie their asses off when a contract is involved. I'm not saying it's right, it's not. But it's not unusual, at all....from anyone involved. If Carl really did bold-face lie to Jared, I suspect Clark Hunt has taken that up with him....and may be one of the many reasons Carl's power has been diminished.

So, it's fine since everyone else does.

Brock
05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Maybe Carl should have thought about that when he promised to re-sign JA AFTER all the offenses occured.

This isn't about the contract, It's Carl underhandedness that everyone seems to be giving a free pass that I don't understand.

I love how some people act like they're the only ones who are aware Carl Peterson is an asshole. Did you just come by this information in the past couple of months, because some of us have been aware of it for 15 years.

Jared Allen has nobody to blame but himself. Blaming Peterson for what you call lying is like blaming water for being wet.

FringeNC
05-06-2008, 09:35 AM
There's no villain in this story. Allen got his big pay day, and the Chiefs got some draft picks and salary cap space.

The Chiefs' FO has been very strangley competent lately -- makes one wonder if Carl is still calling the shots.

The one thing that does need to be explained in this deal is how the Vikings plan on winning with Tarvaris Jackson at QB.

blueballs
05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Jared Allen
someone for cry babies to whine about for decades

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I love how some people act like they're the only ones who are aware Carl Peterson is an asshole. Did you just come by this information in the past couple of months, because some of us have been aware of it for 15 years.

Jared Allen has nobody to blame but himself. Blaming Peterson for what you call lying is like blaming water for being wet.
You really love assuming things don't you? You do it all the time. Sorry, but when someone is caught in the act and some just let it fall on deaf ears, I fell the need to bang that drum rather loudly, because Carl is a first-class douche and the heat needs to remain on that prick until he's out of here.

No matter how accustom some have become to Carl's ways, no way will I justify his actions. He ****ing lied and some just want to sweep that under the rug because that's who carl is. It still doesn't make it acceptable, now does it?

Radar Chief
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Jared Allen
someone for cry babies to whine about for decades

:hmmm: Jared Allen is the new Rich Gannon. :thumb:

Radar Chief
05-06-2008, 09:51 AM
You really love assuming things don't you? You do it all the time. Sorry, but when someone is caught in the act and some just let it fall on deaf ears, I fell the need to bang that drum rather loudly, because Carl is a first-class douche and the heat needs to remain on that prick until he's out of here.

No matter how accustom some have become to Carl's ways, no way will I justify his actions. He ****ing lied and some just want to sweep that under the rug because that's who carl is. It still doesn't make it acceptable, now does it?

“Sweep it under the rug” or “realize there isn’t Jack Shit emotional outbursts are going to do about the situation”? :shrug:

Chiefnj2
05-06-2008, 09:52 AM

see how that works?

this all started when Allen acted irresponsibly....he is accountable...but fans just can't admit that....

He's got millions of reasons to stay clean.

Valiant
Alan does have a business to maintain in KC doesn’t he?
Didn’t Neil Smiths restaurant get vandalized a few times after he went to Denver talking shit? :hmmm:

There is talk of taking his name off and trying to get another Chiefs name up there.. JA is friends with the owner but they might switch approaches.. The owner has also talked about becoming a Vikings team meet up.. That would fail horribly and get the shit vandalized out of it..

The owners best bet is to become a normal sports bar or get another Chiefs Player..He talked about Boomer, but he got cut.. Forget where I read this at..

the Talking Can
Maybe Carl should have thought about that when he promised to re-sign JA AFTER all the offenses occured.

you're the only person on the planet who thinks that Carl's asshole-ness is a secret....

we all already know everything there is to know about Carl...

we all (minus you) also know that Carl had nothing to do with Allen's 4 DUIs and suspension....and that everything Allen said after his 4th DUI he said after his 3rd DUI, and his second DUI, and his first....

you're pissed because Carl didn't make a drunk the highest paid defensive player IN NFL HISTORY

we aren't

stop pretending that you're special

Brock

What are you going to do about it? You're still here aren't you?

mlyonsd
05-06-2008, 09:53 AM
The Chiefs could have dumped him after the first time he was suspended. Keeping him on the team and letting him play not only helped the Chiefs but helped Allen even more by letting him clean up his act and show the league what he could do.

Not wanting to pay him was a business decision, but the Chiefs did help the guy out IMO. His contract with the Vikings kind of reafirms that.

the Talking Can
05-06-2008, 09:53 AM

he's always had those reasons, and it never stopped him....

he knew his contract was coming up and still couldn't stay clean and sober...that tells me everything i need to know...

Brock
05-06-2008, 09:54 AM

That sort of logic shows very little understanding of alcoholism, or of mental illness in general.

blueballs
05-06-2008, 09:55 AM
There is talk of taking his name off and trying to get another Chiefs name up there.. JA is friends with the owner but they might switch approaches.. The owner has also talked about becoming a Vikings team meet up.. That would fail horribly and get the shit vandalized out of it..

The owners best bet is to become a normal sports bar or get another Chiefs Player..He talked about Boomer, but he got cut.. Forget where I read this at..

Ty Law would have been perfect
a lot of tripping and falling down

blueballs
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
That sort of logic shows very little understanding of alcoholism, or of mental illness in general.

and those millions are already in his bank account

the Talking Can

they could name it "Warfield's Man Purse"

Radar Chief

Cool, didn’t know any of this. Thanks.

Valiant
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM

If the possibility of a full ride to college did not stop you from getting two DUI's in HS then what??

If the possibility of being drafted higher then the fourth round in the NFL draft did not stop you in college from getting a DUI then what??

If the possibility of getting a DUI as an NFL player did not deter you while making 100's of thousands do dollars then what??

This is not some made up account that might happen.. It did happen.. I would not want to pay this person millions of dollars with that kind of chance he will get suspended..

It only takes one pissed off fan to call the NFL if they see JA drinking to get him suspended if they make him take a test..

StcChief
05-06-2008, 09:59 AM
The Chiefs could have dumped him after the first time he was suspended. Keeping him on the team and letting him play not only helped the Chiefs but helped Allen even more by letting him clean up his act and show the league what he could do.

Not wanting to pay him was a business decision, but the Chiefs did help the guy out IMO. His contract with the Vikings kind of reafirms that.
his 2007 season allowed that, The draft picks hopefully will work out well for Chiefs

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 10:01 AM
What are you going to do about it? You're still here aren't you?I gave up my season tickets. I wrote a letter to the oragization. I e-mail Carl and Bob Gretz from time to time. What exactly do you do about, besides piss on those that share the same views as you do about him? Thanks for the insight, Mr. Revelation.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2008, 10:01 AM

Congrats on getting your MD.

the Talking Can
05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I gave up my season tickets. I wrote a letter to the oragization. I e-mail Carl and Bob Gretz from time to time. What exactly do you do about, besides piss on those that share the same views as you do about him? Thanks for the insight, Mr. Revelation.

i wanted to piss on you...had to settle for your mom

Brock
05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Congrats on getting your MD.

Congrats on being obtuse and ignorant.

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 10:04 AM
If the possibility of a full ride to college did not stop you from getting two DUI's in HS then what??

If the possibility of being drafted higher then the fourth round in the NFL draft did not stop you in college from getting a DUI then what??

If the possibility of getting a DUI as an NFL player did not deter you while making 100's of thousands do dollars then what??

This is not some made up account that might happen.. It did happen.. I would not want to pay this person millions of dollars with that kind of chance he will get suspended..

It only takes one pissed off fan to call the NFL if they see JA drinking to get him suspended if they make him take a test..See Goodell, please. JA is completely free and clear of any type of suspension. Goodell gave JA a brand new slate, something Carl and the boys don't want you to know or speak of.

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 10:05 AM
i wanted to piss on you...had to settle for your momMom will scratch your eyes out.:D

the Talking Can
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
See Goodell, please. JA is completely free and clear of any type of suspension. Goodell gave JA a brand new slate, something Carl and the boys don't want you to know or speak of.

just to be clear:

3 DUIs = alcoholic

but

4 DUIs = magically cured responsible adult

Radar Chief
05-06-2008, 10:07 AM
See Goodell, please. JA is completely free and clear of any type of suspension. Goodell gave JA a brand new slate, something Carl and the boys don't want you to know or speak of.

:spock: It was posted here on the Planet. If they don’t want anyone knowing they’re not very good at covering it up.
And that may be good enough for the NFL but not for the US legal system. He gets a 5th DUI and suspension from the NFL would be one of his smaller problems.

Brock
05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
just to be clear:

3 DUIs = alcoholic

but

4 DUIs = magically cured responsible adult

But at least he won't be suspended! Problem solved!!!

the Talking Can
05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Mom will scratch your eyes out.:D

sorry, that was a low blow...

sometimes though mom blasts are irresistible...

where is that one guy who always ripped on people's moms?

i miss him

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 10:11 AM
:spock: It was posted here on the Planet. If they don’t want anyone knowing they’re not very good at covering it up.
And that may be good enough for the NFL but not for the US legal system. He gets a 5th DUI and suspension from the NFL would be one of his smaller problems.You would think that wouldn't you?, but that's just not the case. Some people have 7-8 DUIs and never serve prison time. I'm not saying that's right, but just how the system works.

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 10:12 AM
sorry, that was a low blow...

sometimes though mom blasts are irresistible...

where is that one guy who always ripped on people's moms?

i miss himI've been around all of your ****ers too long to let that shit get under my skin.:D

Valiant
05-06-2008, 10:13 AM

Umm, I am pretty sure that was just a rumor.. If not I think ESPN would have had it on the front page and MAD groups would have been up in arms over it..

Valiant
05-06-2008, 10:14 AM
You would think that wouldn't you?, but that's just not the case. Some people have 7-8 DUIs and never serve prison time. I'm not saying that's right, but just how the system works.

This is true.. A good lawyer can keep you out of jail.. But this is the NFL, a different set of rules apply..

Coogs
05-06-2008, 10:14 AM

It will be interesting to see how that all plays out if JA pickes up another DUI. If JA's slate is indeed wiped clean... I can see Goodell haveing all sorts of problems when handling other players issues.

Radar Chief
05-06-2008, 10:18 AM
You would think that wouldn't you?, but that's just not the case. Some people have 7-8 DUIs and never serve prison time. I'm not saying that's right, but just how the system works.

20 years ago yes. Today? Not so much, and he’s moved to a pretty strict “no tolerance” state, or so I’m told.

Radar Chief
05-06-2008, 10:22 AM
This is true.. A good lawyer can keep you out of jail.. But this is the NFL, a different set of rules apply..

To an extent yea, hell whining and crying got Paris Hilton out of jail, but I just don’t see the “I’m to pretty for jail” routine working out for Jared Allen. ;)

FringeNC
05-06-2008, 10:22 AM
You guys are too hung up on Jared Allen being a risk. Sure, he is a risk, but is his legal risk significant compared to his performance/motivation/injury risk, plus the risk that we will really suck for the duration of his contract, and all the money would have been wasted?

Jared Allen, all and all, is far less of a risk than signing Larry Johnson was last year. (Johnson should have been traded, too.)

I was in favor of trading Jared Allen, but his past DUIs had little to do with it. It seems many on here want to demonize Allen because he isn't a Chief anymore.

Brock
05-06-2008, 10:24 AM
You guys are too hung up on Jared Allen being a risk. Sure, he is a risk, but is his legal risk significant compared to his performance/motivation/injury risk, plus the risk that we will really suck for the duration of his contract, and all the money would have been wasted?

The point is, can you really blame the Chiefs for not wanting to give him the money? I hated like hell to see Allen leave, but if it were my money, I would have done the same thing.

Mr. Kotter
05-06-2008, 10:26 AM
So, it's fine since everyone else does.What part of "I'm not saying it's right, it's not." don't you understand? :shrug:

Of course it doesn't. But Allen's behavior and demeanor throughtout the whole mess mitigates Peterson's idioacy a bit...IMHO.

FringeNC
05-06-2008, 10:29 AM
The point is, can you really blame the Chiefs for not wanting to give him the money? I hated like hell to see Allen leave, but if it were my money, I would have done the same thing.

No, I don't blame them at all -- but it had more to do with the compensation we got for Jared Allen, and the fact that (perhaps) the worst team in the NFL should not be in win-now mode.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM

He signed a deal that recognized his risk.

CupidStunt
05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd be suprised if Allen ever has another season like he did last year. And considering how awful he was in the fourth quarter then, let him talk all he wants.

Sure-Oz
05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
He had what, 7.5 sacks before his contract year last year?

mlyonsd
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM

Doesn't have anything to do with risk. It has to do with is he worth that much at this time of our rebuilding process. From a business and value perspective the Chiefs said no. If he wanted to play here he could have signed for less. That doesn't mean the Chiefs owe him anymore than they are willing to pay.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Doesn't have anything to do with risk. It has to do with is he worth that much at this time of our rebuilding process. From a business and value perspective the Chiefs said no. If he wanted to play here he could have signed for less. That doesn't mean the Chiefs owe him anymore than they are willing to pay.

It doesn't have anything to do with risk?? Tell that to the hundreds of posters that said had Allen not gotten his previous DUI's the KIng would have signed him to a long term deal.

mlyonsd
05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
It doesn't have anything to do with risk?? Tell that to the hundreds of posters that said had Allen not gotten his previous DUI's the KIng would have signed him to a long term deal.

Well, JMHO I think Allen's market value and team needs played more into CP's and Clark's opinions than his risk. I think they were just too far apart to intersect.

My eariler point I think is still true. Allen benefited from how the Chief's handled his situation.

Brock
05-06-2008, 12:16 PM

If I were betting that he was going to have another incident down the road it doesn't really matter what kind of deal he signed. I still wouldn't do it. I admit my past experiences with drunks colors my thinking, but the fact is I've never failed to be eventually disappointed by a drunk in business relationships. Nobody has lambasted Peterson more than I have, or longer than I have, but the Chiefs made the right call, IMO. If Jared can't look at his situation and publically admit that he is exactly what Peterson said he is, then he isn't over his problem.

CoMoChief
05-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I'd be suprised if Allen ever has another season like he did last year. And considering how awful he was in the fourth quarter then, let him talk all he wants.

Or he improves in the 4th qtr and completely blows away other DE's in production.

HemiEd
05-06-2008, 01:39 PM

Yeah, he has pretty much made me get over him. I was ticked at first, but the draft cured that, now Jared will actually make me glad it happened.

full 180 degree turn.

BigRedChief
05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
You sign your contract you agree to abide by the NFL rules. You forfeit some of your rights that you would have if say you worked at Ford motor company.

King_Chief_Fan
05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Just a head's up, but Jared Allen will be on the 38 the the spot at 7:00 with Jack Harry. Jared Allen explains how Carl bullshitted everybody-it should be a fun watch.

Those of you who really give a crap about what Allen has to say,,,,,,

He is gone, he really didn't want to be here. He wasn't kind in his comments about KC fans.

I don't give a flying rats @$$ what Allen thinks!

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 02:47 PM

Which is exactly why he didn't want to pay BOTH...they already knew they had to pay the #5 pick...there is no way around that...

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
you're the only person on the planet who thinks that Carl's asshole-ness is a secret....

we all already know everything there is to know about Carl...

we all (minus you) also know that Carl had nothing to do with Allen's 4 DUIs and suspension....and that everything Allen said after his 4th DUI he said after his 3rd DUI, and his second DUI, and his first....

you're pissed because Carl didn't make a drunk the highest paid defensive player IN NFL HISTORY

we aren't

stop pretending that you're special

4 DUI's?! Shit...lets just say he has 15 DUI's to make it sound that much worse...

xbarretx
05-06-2008, 02:51 PM

rep!

Brock
05-06-2008, 02:52 PM
He does have 4 DUIs in total.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 02:54 PM
LMAO

Some of you people are clueless...

Who is a personal friend or family member of Jared Allen? The assumption that he is an alcoholic is ridiculous...

I know A TON of 23-28 year old people who LOVE to drink and get drunk...and a lot of them drive home...are they all alcoholics? Are you only an alcoholic if you get caught?

An alcoholic isn't someone who can give up drinking, show no ill-effects, and put up a career year all the while getting in the best shape of his life (Jared Allen)...

If he was TRULY an alcoholic...quitting drinking would have made him a worse player...because his head wouldn't have been in the weight room/on the football field...

Alcoholism is a disease...Jared Allen is not an alcoholic...he just liked to party...it's hard not to when you can get any chick and you have an unlimited amount of cash to spend...

So stop playing the 'alcoholic' card...it just sounds retarded.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Link...

I thought he got two in Kansas and one (that was dropped) while he was in college...

Brock
05-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Link...

I thought he got two in Kansas and one (that was dropped) while he was in college...

a 4th in high school. Whether it's on the official record at this point doesn't matter, it's just a pattern of behavior that hasn't shown itself to have changed yet. Going a year without drinking is nothing.

Brock
05-06-2008, 02:57 PM
LMAO

Some of you people are clueless...

Who is a personal friend or family member of Jared Allen? The assumption that he is an alcoholic is ridiculous...

I know A TON of 23-28 year old people who LOVE to drink and get drunk...and a lot of them drive home...are they all alcoholics? Are you only an alcoholic if you get caught?

An alcoholic isn't someone who can give up drinking, show no ill-effects, and put up a career year all the while getting in the best shape of his life (Jared Allen)...

If he was TRULY an alcoholic...quitting drinking would have made him a worse player...because his head wouldn't have been in the weight room/on the football field...

Alcoholism is a disease...Jared Allen is not an alcoholic...he just liked to party...it's hard not to when you can get any chick and you have an unlimited amount of cash to spend...

So stop playing the 'alcoholic' card...it just sounds retarded.

He is an alcoholic. No doubt about it. There is no other reason to have more than one DUI. I'm not going to argue with some dumbass college student about it, when I actually deal with drunks in real life on a pretty regular basis.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I agree with Hootie for once. haha

I have a friend who parties like a rockstar on the weekends, but he wont even touch the stuff during the week. He just likes to party and have some beers on the weekend, though he isnt a retard and drives while drunk.

Brock
05-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I agree with Hootie for once. haha

I have a friend who parties like a rockstar on the weekends, but he wont even touch the stuff during the week. He just likes to party and have some beers on the weekend, though he isnt a retard and drives while drunk.

That is just another type of alcoholic.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 02:59 PM
a 4th in high school. Whether it's on the official record at this point doesn't matter, it's just a pattern of behavior that hasn't shown itself to have changed yet. Going a year without drinking is nothing.

It would be nothing if he didn't have such a great year...an alcoholic doesn't suddenly perform better without alcohol...a dude who likes to party but isn't dependent on alcohol might (Jared Allen), but if he was truly suffering from alcoholism he wouldn't have had that career year...It just isn't possible.

Brock
05-06-2008, 03:00 PM
It would be nothing if he didn't have such a great year...an alcoholic doesn't suddenly perform better without alcohol...a dude who likes to party but isn't dependent on alcohol might (Jared Allen), but if he was truly suffering from alcoholism he wouldn't have had that career year...It just isn't possible.

Everything you just said is wrong.

seclark
05-06-2008, 03:02 PM
alcoholics come in all shapes and colors.
my dad was an alcoholic. he spent the last 34 years of his life sober, but he was still an alcoholic the day he died.
sec

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:02 PM
He is an alcoholic. No doubt about it. There is no other reason to have more than one DUI. I'm not going to argue with some dumbass college student about it, when I actually deal with drunks in real life on a pretty regular basis.

No doubt about it?!

Hysterical...

As a college student...I know 80% of my friends get shit faced drunk 5 times per week and often drive while intoxicated...and most of them have never even sniffed a DUI...

But wait, that makes them all alcoholics?

I know another kid who has two DUI's, rarely ever drinks, and was stopped TWICE because of a road block and he blew a .11 and a .13...which IMO makes him perfectly capable to drive...yet he has two DUI's...so he's an alcoholic?

Please.

Alcoholics are people who are so dependent on alcohol they have to hide pints of alcohol around the house and constantly drink while they are awake...ones that while working can't think of anything other than booze to the point of it totally effecting their entire lives...it's a friggin' disease...

If Jared Allen was an alcoholic...if he had the disease...he wouldn't have had the year he had last year...

"He is an alcoholic. No doubt about it."

Get over yourself, Dr. Brock...you only sound like an idiot when you say something like that.

Brock
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Alcoholics are people who are so dependent on alcohol they have to hide pints of alcohol around the house and constantly drink while they are awake...ones that while working can't think of anything other than booze to the point of it totally effecting their entire lives...it's a friggin' disease...

This is not true. Not at all. There are many, many alcoholics who can confine their drinking to weekends, who hold down jobs, and are in every other way able to maintain their lives to a degree. It doesn't change the fact that they are unable to stop drinking and repeatedly make decisions that negatively impact their lives.

Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about, and discussing this with you is a complete waste of time.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Everything you just said is wrong.

Hysterical.

There will be times when I drink 10 days in a row...and then last year I was going to Myrtle Beach and in attempt to save money I didn't drink for 6 weeks in a row...didn't miss a thing...never craved a drink...saved a ton of money...went to the gym every day...woke up hangoverless and it was amazing...I loved it...but once I hit Myrtle Beach I was drinking like crazy at bars and partying...BECAUSE IT IS FUN...

I drink 3-5 times a week BECAUSE I HAVE FUN...

Doesn't mean I'm an alcoholic...I could easily not have another drop of alcohol for the rest of my life and I'd be A OK...the only reason I drink is because it is a social lubricant...everyone knows that...

You pretending like you KNOW FOR A FACT Jared Allen is an alcoholic makes you more retarded than that NY58 idiot...

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:08 PM
This is not true. Not at all. There are many, many alcoholics who can confine their drinking to weekends, who hold down jobs, and are in every other way able to maintain their lives. It doesn't change the fact that they are unable to stop drinking and repeatedly make decisions that negatively impact their lives.

Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about, and discussing this with you is a complete waste of time.

My friend who drinks 3 beers every Wednesday is an alcoholic because he does it every Wednesday no matter what!

My mom has a glass of wine before she goes to bed most night...ALCOHOLIC!!!!!

Sometimes this bartender I know takes a shot when someone buys him one...ALCOHOLIC!!!

This high school kid I know did a beer bong because of peer pressure...ALCOHOLIC!

OH MAN YOU ARE RIGHT THERE ARE ALCOHOLICS EVERYWHERE! EVERYONE IS AN ALCOHOLIC! THANKS FOR ENLIGHTENING ME! DAMN THAT JARED ALLEN! THANK GOD HE IS NO LONGER A CHIEF! SHIT...HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE ARE ALCOHOLICS ON THE CHIEFS? THAT DAMN VERMEIL USED TO HAVE A WINE VINEYARD...THANK GOD WE GOT RID OF THAT LUSH!

Brock
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Hysterical.

Yeah, let me know when you're off the campus and off your parents' tit. Then you might have some experiences that matter. Just an absolute shithead with nothing worthwhile to say, because you've never done anything at all of any note. See ya.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I saw some dude on a lawnchair last Saturday drinking a Bud Light and had an entire cooler full of them next to him...that dumbass alcoholic!

BAN ALL ALCOHOL...AMERICA IS FULL OF THESE RIDICULOUS ALCOHOLICS! WE GOT THE SMOKING BAN...NOW LETS GET THE ALCOHOL BAN!

Fairplay
05-06-2008, 03:11 PM

If he would have just paid for cab rides home. He would most likely be a chief still. The little decisions we make in life effect the big ones eventually.

Why people choose to drive when impaired is beyond me.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, let me know when you're off the campus and off your parents' tit. Then you might have some experiences that matter. Just an absolute shithead with nothing worthwhile to say, because you've never done anything at all of any note. See ya.

ROFL

Awesome.

You have enlightened me.

Sure, college life is synonymous with partying...because everyone who attends college is an alcoholic! Shit, by the definition of brock: ONE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE = JELLINEK'S DISEASE! BEWARE!

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:12 PM
If he would have just paid for cab rides home. He would most likely be a chief still. The little decisions we make in life effect the big ones eventually.

Why people choose to drive when impaired is beyond me.

0.08 is nothing...

Dale Earnhardt Jr. could win a race with a .08 BAC

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Because you can function doesn't mean you don't have a drinking problem there is a such thing as a functioning alcoholic....

Also if you know people who are getting drunk 5 days a week that means they have a drinking problem. I have some friends like that, that drink beer everyday like it's any other drink but they don't get 'drunk" because they drink so much their tolerance level is just stupid..these guys can drink 30 beers and walk around like they are fine..

Because they can function doesn't mean they don't have a drinking problem.

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
0.08 is nothing...

They don't want you drinking AT ALL when you are driving because everyone has a different level, I'm sure we've all seen the person who drank 2 and got tipsy.

BigRock
05-06-2008, 03:14 PM
This is completely and utterly incorrect.

At the moment, Allen is not free and clear of anything. If he makes it to the two-year date of his last alcohol related incident, he will get a clean slate UNDER THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE POLICY. Which means he will not get an automatic suspension for abusing alcohol.

But if Allen gets another DUI, he still has THE PLAYER CONDUCT POLICY to answer for. That's the little thing Goodell has used to suspend Travis Henry and keep Pacman out of the league and all that stuff, 'cause they can't stop getting arrested. Another arrest for Allen would be his 3rd while in the league. And that would be after Goodell supported him last year by reducing his suspension on the basis that Allen was working to correct his past mistakes.

Allen will be gone for at least a year if he gets popped again. Actually, now that Allen's with the Vikes, I bet he'd get suspended even longer than if he'd remained a Chief because Goodell will try to send a message about teams rewarding risky players with huge contracts.

And if you don't believe me, Peter King pointed out this exact same thing, that Allen being clear under the substance abuse policy doesn't mean jack as far as what would happen with the league.

So please stop using this completely fictional "Allen wouldn't get in trouble for another DUI, Carl doesn't want you to know about that" conspiracy theory that you've developed. There is not an ounce of truth to it.

Oh, also, Goodell is going to start punishing the teams themselves for having players who get arrested. It will start with the league taking some of the player's salary that would have reverted back to the team, thus taking money out of the team's pocket. And it may go as far as taking away draft picks.

So yay for re-signing Allen!!!

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Because you can function doesn't mean you don't have a drinking problem there is a such thing as a functioning alcoholic....

Also if you know people who are getting drunk 5 days a week that means they have a drinking problem. I have some friends like that, that drink beer everyday like it's any other drink but they don't get 'drunk" because they drink so much their tolerance level is just stupid..these guys can drink 30 beers and walk around like they are fine..

Because they can function doesn't mean they don't have a drinking problem.
I doubt you know anyone that can drink 30 beers and be 'fine'...maybe 20...but 30...wow, I'd like to drink with them...

and like I said...I can sometimes drink 20 friggin' days in a row...and whenever someone wants to offer me a reason to stop...I will do it problem free...

Alcoholism is mostly genetic...just because the dude liked to party doesn't mean you can assume he's an alcoholic...that is just a ridiculous assumption. Drinking problem? Sure...Alcoholic? No...totally different...and it seems as if he solved his DRINKING PROBLEM.

seclark
05-06-2008, 03:21 PM
...and it seems as if he solved his DRINKING PROBLEM.

for a year, anyway.
sec

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:22 PM
I find it funny though that you say the same things my friends will say if they are called on it..

"I can stop when I want to" 'I just like beer" "you don't understand because you aren't a drinker" "I grew up with it in my family you didn't"

One of them thinks it's fine behavior because everytime I saw his dad he had a beer in his hand....

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I find it funny though that you say the same things my friends will say if they are called on it..

"I can stop when I want to" 'I just like beer" "you don't understand because you aren't a drinker" "I grew up with it in my family you didn't"

One of them thinks it's fine behavior because everytime I saw his dad he had a beer in his hand....

Well...

Assume what you want to assume...but you can't FLAT OUT say you know FOR SURE Jared Allen is an alcoholic...that is just dumb.

Might he be? Sure...

Is he a risk? Yes...

Does it mean he can't go on to be an all time great? No.

Fish
05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Funny how college students will completely deny alcohol ever being a problem in anyone's life.....

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
That is just another type of alcoholic.

So anyone that likes to go out and have drinks after a long work week is an alcoholic?

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Funny how college students will completely deny alcohol ever being a problem in anyone's life.....

I didn't completely deny anything...

but here, I'll play the same game...

"Funny how old people think anyone who gets drunk is a problem drinker and is heading down the wrong path in life..."

You're all ****ing morons if you think people who get drunk, in there 20's, even often are automatically alcoholics...that just isn't a term that should be thrown around so loosely...

Mecca
So anyone that likes to go out and have drinks after a long work week is an alcoholic?

There is a difference in having a couple drinks and drinking to get smashed every weekend.

Short Leash Hootie

YES YOU SHOULD BE HAVING KIDS AND PLAYING WITH THEM!

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:33 PM
I didn't completely deny anything...

but here, I'll play the same game...

"Funny how old people think anyone who gets drunk is a problem drinker and is heading down the wrong path in life..."

You're all ****ing morons if you think people who get drunk, in there 20's, even often are automatically alcoholics...that just isn't a term that should be thrown around so loosely...

I made my friend do this alcohol test thing to tell him how much he drinks....it told him he drinks more than 97.5% of the general population and 96% of people his age and told him he drinks enough to harm his physical health...

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:33 PM
There is a difference in having a couple drinks and drinking to get smashed every weekend.

Why? You can have a couple of drinks and still get a DUI...maybe Jared had a couple of drinks each time and was unlucky and got pulled over?

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Why? You can have a couple of drinks and still get a DUI...maybe Jared had a couple of drinks each time and was unlucky and got pulled over?

That would then make him a total dunce for not realizing that you don't drive even if you've had 1, the limit is that low because they don't want you drinking at all when driving.

seclark
05-06-2008, 03:35 PM

unlucky for him, maybe. lucky for the people he could have killed.
sec

Brock
05-06-2008, 03:35 PM

It's all those years of experience they have. Any subject you care to discuss, they've been there done that. Interviewing these little shitheads is fun, I've actually had a few of them cry when it was made clear how unimpressive they were in the corporate world.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I made my friend do this alcohol test thing to tell him how much he drinks....it told him he drinks more than 97.5% of the general population and 96% of people his age and told him he drinks enough to harm his physical health...

You aren't getting my point...

I drink a lot, too...several days per week...

But if anyone wants to give me a reason to stop drinking for an extended period of time (monetary)...I can do it, no problem...EASILY. I could stop drinking right now and never have the desire for another drink...

But at this point in my life...I have fun with my friends...I like getting drunk...I like going out...I like meeting people...like I said...most people use it for a social lubricant...Jared Allen probably included.

And then he found out "hey, I'm famous...I don't need alcohol to still meet people, score pussy, and have a great time!"

Brock
05-06-2008, 03:36 PM

That isn't how you described the person in question, is it?

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:37 PM
It's all those years of experience they have. Any subject you care to discuss, they've been there done that. Interviewing these little shitheads is fun, I've actually had a few of them cry when it was made clear how unimpressive they were in the corporate world.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Oh man you sound ALMOST as gay as Frazod when he tries picking e-fights on this board...

"I've actually had a few of them cry..."

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Get off your high horse, queer...you sound gayer and gayer everytime you post...seriously...if you want to suck me off just tell me, I might let you.

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:37 PM
You aren't getting my point...

But if anyone wants to give me a reason to stop drinking for an extended period of time (monetary)...I can do it, no problem...EASILY. I could stop drinking right now and never have the desire for another drink...

But at this point in my life...I have fun with my friends...I like getting drunk...I like going out...I like meeting people...like I said...most people use it for a social lubricant...Jared Allen probably included.

And then he found out "hey, I'm famous...I don't need alcohol to still meet people, score pussy, and have a great time!"

Just sayin you say the exact same shit he does...

Brock
05-06-2008, 03:38 PM
But if anyone wants to give me a reason to stop drinking for an extended period of time (monetary)...I can do it, no problem...EASILY.

Jared couldn't. He didn't, anyway.

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2008, 03:38 PM

I always thought that was the point to drinking to get drunk. I dont drink, and i havent in about 10 years. I used to drink pretty much every single day when i was a teenager, one day i said i am done and that was that. Didnt bother me 1 bit when i quit, but i always told myself, if i am going to have a drink i am going to get drunk.

I just always thought that was the point.

Brock
05-06-2008, 03:39 PM
seriously...if you want to suck me off just tell me, I might let you.

That sounds about like something you'd say, you four-eyed, fatass little f*ck. I'm beginning to see why you need that lubricant you keep referring to.

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I always thought that was the point to drinking to get drunk. I dont drink, and i havent in about 10 years. I used to drink pretty much every single day when i was a teenager, one day i said i am done and that was that. Didnt bother me 1 bit when i quit, but i always told myself, if i am going to have a drink i am going to get drunk.

Isn't that called binge drinking...

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Just sayin you say the exact same shit he does...

As soon as someone wants to offer me a reason to stop drinking, I will do so...never once do I wake up and say, "hey, I could really go for a drink right now!"

And I am sure there are plenty of people out there who drink a lot and could do the same thing...

Fruit Ninja
05-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Isn't that called binge drinking...

I call it getting drunk. To me drinking a beer or 2 is a ****ing waste. I rather drink a Lemonade or something. Again, i dont drink, so i guess people can call it what they want.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:42 PM

Same thing with me...I don't drink to have two drinks...I drink to get drunk and make bad decisions...they make for good stories with the friends...

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
That sounds about like something you'd say, you four-eyed, fatass little f*ck. I'm beginning to see why you need that lubricant you keep referring to.

Ahahahahaha...

Someones getting a little angry...little angry guy!

Seriously though...if you want to go on a date just let me know...I'll buy the drinks if you pay for the entertainment...and you just might get a little lucky at the end ;)

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:44 PM
As soon as someone wants to offer me a reason to stop drinking, I will do so...never once do I wake up and say, "hey, I could really go for a drink right now!"

And I am sure there are plenty of people out there who drink a lot and could do the same thing...

That's another one of the lines I've heard....."I don't drink when I get up I don't have to drink"

Of course this man's wife left him and took their kids and one of their huge issues is her problem with his drinking and his response "I'm not going to stop drinking if we're going to be together she has to deal with it"

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Yawn.

Jared Allen isn't married, for all I know he doesn't have any kids...so I don't care about your burnout friends...

Mecca
05-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Just sayin you make the same excuses......

Fish
05-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Yawn.

Jared Allen isn't married, for all I know he doesn't have any kids...so I don't care about your burnout friends...

I hope you have the opportunity to come back and look at this thread 5 or 6 years down the road when you grow up a little....

HemiEd
05-06-2008, 04:14 PM

The modern day definition of an alcoholic has changed. Currently they perceive anyone that has any sort of regularity, to their drinking pattern as an alky. Anyone that gets totally drunk to losing control, or to a blackout stage, more than once, as an alky. If you drink to get drunk you are an alky. If you drink by yourself, you are an alky.

It has come a long way from "anyone that has a drink before noon" definition of years ago.

smittysbar
05-06-2008, 04:17 PM
0.08 is nothing...

Jr. hasn't won a race for so long, he forgot where victory lane is located :)

DT58HOF
05-06-2008, 04:27 PM
for a year, anyway.
sec
he was drinking on the show hard knocks!!
maybe he just hasnt got caught driving drunk that doesn't mean that he hasn't

kstater
05-06-2008, 04:44 PM

Hysterical.

There will be times when I drink 10 days in a row......BECAUSE IT IS FUN...

I drink 3-5 times a week BECAUSE I HAVE FUN...

and like I said...I can sometimes drink 20 friggin' days in a row...and whenever someone wants to offer me a reason to stop...I will do it problem free...

Same thing with me...I don't drink to have two drinks...I drink to get drunk and make bad decisions...they make for good stories with the friends...

You're right. You are most definitely not an alcoholic.

Sure-Oz
05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Ahahahahaha...

Someones getting a little angry...little angry guy!

Seriously though...if you want to go on a date just let me know...I'll buy the drinks if you pay for the entertainment...and you just might get a little lucky at the end ;)

Alcoholic and a whore, wait don't those two come together anyway?

BigChiefFan
05-06-2008, 05:05 PM
he was drinking on the show hard knocks!!
maybe he just hasnt got caught driving drunk that doesn't mean that he hasn'tHe was drinking O-DOUL'S.

Short Leash Hootie
05-06-2008, 05:28 PM
You're right. You are most definitely not an alcoholic.

ROFL

Exactly.

Everyone is an alcoholic according to this board!

kstater
05-06-2008, 05:38 PM
You're right. You are most definitely not an alcoholic. :rolleyes:

FMP

DaneMcCloud
05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
ROFL

Exactly.

Everyone is an alcoholic according to this board!

If you drink everyday, you're a textbook alcoholic.

Whether or not that causes problems in your life is a different issue.

KcMizzou
05-06-2008, 07:20 PM

Whether or not that causes problems in your life is a different issue.Yep. Hence the term "functional" alcoholic.

I honestly drink a lot more than I should. I get things done though, because honestly... I don't have a choice.

FringeNC
05-06-2008, 08:11 PM

And if someone has a cup of coffee every morning, are the a caffeineaholic? If so, what does that mean?

Sure-Oz
05-06-2008, 08:36 PM
i drink probably 1 night a week if ever...

physically i shouldn't be drinking period, so i have 1 night of fun and thats enough...i cant remember the last time i had a hangover or felt sick due to drinking

The Bad Guy
05-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I guarantee Hootie is in the glee club and pretending to be an alcoholic is his way of being cool.

FAX
05-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I think this whole Clash Of The Assholes thing is completely hilarious and great grist for the media if they take advantage of it. In one corner, we have the seasoned, megalomaniacal, lying CEO and, in the other corner, the alcoholic, overgrown kid who ain't gettin' no respect.

I say, let them whip 'em out and let the pissing contest begin.

FAX

dirk digler
05-07-2008, 10:19 AM

That is a retarded statement. My dad drinks 1 beer a day and is not even close to an alcoholic and he is 77 yrs old and is in great health.

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2008, 01:17 PM
That is a retarded statement. My dad drinks 1 beer a day and is not even close to an alcoholic and he is 77 yrs old and is in great health.

Dirk, I said "textbook", meaning that's what been taught by alcohol counselors and psychologists. That doesn't mean that everyone who drinks everyday has an alcohol "problem" nor does it cause problems in their life or make them a "drunk".

In Europe, it's custom to drink wine with lunch and dinner. That doesn't make them "Drunks", they just drink wine as we would soda or iced tea. It's part of the culture.

Short Leash Hootie
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I guarantee Hootie is in the glee club and pretending to be an alcoholic is his way of being cool.

You got me...

Why don't you go post in some more of GOATSE's threads so you can show him how jealous you are that your writing career didn't work out...

Dick Bull
05-08-2008, 01:08 AM

he wasn't making chump change when he got the last 2

Dick Bull
05-08-2008, 01:09 AM
You got me...

Why don't you go post in some more of GOATSE's threads so you can show him how jealous you are that your writing career didn't work out...

when you're indulging goatse in fellatio, do you dress up like his mommy?

Rausch
05-08-2008, 01:12 AM
when you're indulging goatse in fellatio, do you dress up like his mommy?

As big a fan as I am of the dogpile this one is getting old.