PDA

View Full Version : Money Autodesk Inventor

beach tribe
05-07-2008, 09:55 AM
My job lately consists of a lot of 3d modeling in autodesk. While it is very cool, it also very complex. I'm really kicking ass at it, but can't figure out how to transfer my saved title boxes to new 2d drawing sheets. I'm tired of making new ones every time.

This will probably stump the planet, but that's not a knock to our collective knowlege.

Thanks anyway.

chasedude
05-07-2008, 09:58 AM
have never used Autodesk, sorry.

StcChief
05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Google autodesk forum...
http://www.google.com/search?q=autodesk+forum&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

you can probably get further....

beach tribe
05-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Google autodesk forum...
http://www.google.com/search?q=autodesk+forum&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

you can probably get further....

Thanx. I've been all over it. Waiting for responses from them.

Craash
05-07-2008, 11:06 AM
My job lately consists of a lot of 3d modeling in autodesk. While it is very cool, it also very complex. I'm really kicking ass at it, but can't figure out how to transfer my saved title boxes to new 2d drawing sheets. I'm tired of making new ones every time.

This will probably stump the planet, but that's not a knock to our collective knowlege.

Thanks anyway.

If I recall, and it's been awhile mind you, can't you just save them as a block, and then insert that block into your new drawings?

SNAFU
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Find where your TEMPLATES folder is (mine is in ACAD_LOCAL but yours might be called something different). Once you locate the templates, open the drawing up and modify what you want and re-save to that same folder.
I am assuming you are accessing your templates from your local hard drive and not a network. If you work from a network with a lot of other designers that use these same templates, you might piss some people off when they go to fill out a title block and it has all your stuff in it.

btlook1
05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
seriously do u have a friend u can call or do u need to post every thought that pops in ur head on a chiefs website?

No wonder Everyone thinks your a douche.....your like a negatvie Goatse on crack!

KChiefer
05-07-2008, 01:23 PM
What SNAFU and Craash said. It's been years since I've used acad, but I remember just doing "title block inserts" to save time.

beach tribe
05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I figured it out around 1 o'clock. It was something simple like I thoght it would be.

Piece of cake.