PDA

View Full Version : Life Mourning for pets

Pages : [1] 2

sedated
05-05-2008, 04:54 PM
did the fat guy with the tattoo die?

This thread was split from two other threads, which can be found here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184333) and here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188475).

pr_capone
05-05-2008, 04:55 PM
did the fat guy with tht tattoo die?

**** YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2008, 07:15 PM

:rolleyes: You stay classy douche master.

mikey23545
05-05-2008, 09:04 PM

I hope you set all the pigshit in your apartment on fire with one of your joints and die in a fire.

Rausch
05-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I hope you set all the pigshit in your apartment on fire with one of your joints and die in a fire.

I know this thread isn't about us but I feel like you're challenging my role on the BB as poster with the most contempt...

KcMizzou
05-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I know this thread isn't about us but I feel like you're challenging my role on the BB as poster with the most contempt...Heh, mikey's not one to mince words. (either...lol)

Capone's had that pup's pic in his avy since he got it, as far as I know. You've gotta be a special kinda prick to not at least be respectful about it.

Behave a like a dick, and you'll likely be treated as such.

Rausch
05-05-2008, 09:43 PM

Fair enough.

But on the intra-webs I'd like a big'en...:evil:

J Diddy
05-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Heh, mikey's not one to mince words. (either...lol)

Capone's had that pup's pic in his avy since he got it, as far as I know. You've gotta be a special kinda prick to not at least be respectful about it.

:clap::clap::clap:

Frazod
05-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Sedated has always been a f#cking scumbag, but this took me by surprise. I don't even think the lowest troll would crack on a guy whose dog just died in the actual thread about it.

Shameful. :shake:

Gonzo
05-05-2008, 10:11 PM

You know...I was going to let this go but I just can't. You are the most vile piece of shit I've ever seen post on this forum. Everything you post about is complete dumbassery and I hope you have a very painful V.D. in the near future after being gang-rapped by a large group of hairy Italian men.

I see you post less and less on this forum each week, why not just give up and go away permanently? Ass hole.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2008, 01:53 AM
You know...I was going to let this go but I just can't. You are the most vile piece of shit I've ever seen post on this forum. Everything you post about is complete dumbassery and I hope you have a very painful V.D. in the near future after being gang-rapped by a large group of hairy Italian men.

I see you post less and less on this forum each week, why not just give up and go away permanently? Ass hole.

QFT. Don't think you're wanted. You're not.

Hog Farmer
05-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I would like to give you a pig to take her place. In fact I'd like to give you a whole friggin herd of pigs!!!!!!!

Hog Farmer
05-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone....

Any idea when it will stop hurting this much? Feels like I have been kicked in the balls repeatedly.... never felt anything like this before.

God this hurts....

Usually takes a good 20 minutes.

blueballs
05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
fact
people out live their pets
well maybe not turtles

pr_capone
05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
fact
people out live their pets
well maybe not turtles

fact

I can deal with the fact that people out live their pets

fact

There is no reason in the world to expect a healthy 2 year old dog to die

fact

You are an ass

Hog Farmer
05-06-2008, 12:17 PM
:doh!:I think I'm gonna puke!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2008, 12:22 PM

Yeah, I've never gotten the impression that you give a **** about animals. Dogs, cats, pigs, black people. Wha? Oh yeah.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178926

Gonzo
05-06-2008, 12:46 PM

:shake:

For F**k sake, did Sedated tell you to write that while the two of you were air-locking a pig?

You give "pulled pork sandwich" a new meaning.

Dartgod
05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I understand that some people don't value the life of our dogs and cats as much as others. I understand that they see them as just another animal and not members of the family. I get that.

What I don't get, is why these **** sticks think it is their right to come in to a thread, where someone is obviously grieving, and shit all over the place. And you can certainly count on Hog Farmer to lead the way.

If you have nothing nice to say, please stay the **** away!

Coach
05-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I had to put my beloved 11-year-old dog down four years ago when he had cancer. Within a couple of weeks, I had a new puppy who helped ease the pain. He's become a very good dog.

However, I still think about my other dog, and sometimes flash back to that day. I still have feelings of guilt -- yes, I know I did the right thing, blah, blah, but the bottom line is I killed the dog that trusted me. I don't think I'll ever get over that. I hope my current dog lives to a ripe old age and dies in his sleep, because I don't ever want to have to go through that again.

So there probably will always be a painful place in your heart for your dog. There will be days when it comes to the forefront and you'll be sad for a few moments. But seriously, having another dog does help fill that void.

I can understand the feeling of guilt, but if he had cancer, and if his health was deteroriating, to a point where he was hurting physically, I think he'd forgive you, since it's just not fair for him/her to suffer through that, you know?

Coach
05-06-2008, 01:00 PM

I think I'm gonna punch your face.

bogey
05-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I understand that some people don't value the life of our dogs and cats as much as others. I understand that they see them as just another animal and not members of the family. I get that.

What I don't get, is why these **** sticks think it is their right to come in to a thread, where someone is obviously grieving, and shit all over the place. And you can certainly count on Hog Farmer to lead the way.

I totally agree with this. The people came on this specific thread with their insensitive remarks are attention whores.

vailpass
05-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Thats the worst you have ever hurt in your entire life?
Lucky guy.

bogey
05-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Thats the worst you have ever hurt in your entire life?
Lucky guy.

People are different. Let the dude have his grief.

vailpass
05-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Wait til they break out the "Doggy Heaven Bridge" thing or whatever it's called.

bogey
05-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Wait til they break out the "Doggy Heaven Bridge" thing or whatever it's called.

What do you hope to gain from this? Does it make you feel better to mock someone else's pain because you don't understand or agree with it?

Frazod
05-06-2008, 01:09 PM

This thread has been a snake charm for complete pricks. Seriously, what the f#ck is wrong with these people? :shake:

vailpass
05-06-2008, 01:12 PM
What do you hope to gain from this? Does it make you feel better to mock someone else's pain because you don't understand or agree with it?

Not mocking anyone, I'm sorry for anyone that hurts.
I am however laughing my ass off at the thought of actual adult human beings relating to the Doggy Rainbow Bridge concept.
You are right, I don't want to be crashing a funeral so I'll leave this thread now out of respect.

Gonzo
05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
This thread has been a snake charm for complete pricks. Seriously, what the f#ck is wrong with these people? :shake:

Well Fraz, they are all, what we call in the real world, Ass Holes.

vailpass
05-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Well Fraz, they are all, what we call in the real world, Ass Holes.

It's the Planet. Standing rule: if you open your kimono someone is going to laugh.
You guys are piling all over Sedated when all he did was stay true to Planet form.
From what I have observed over the years there are not many sacred cows here. If someone wants to cry here they need to expect to hear a chuckle from the back row.
IMHO it's all part of the process.

Radar Chief
05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I am however laughing my ass off at the thought of actual adult human beings relating to the Doggy Rainbow Bridge concept.
You are right, I don't want to be crashing a funeral so I'll leave this thread now out of respect.

Ok, I wonít act like the rainbow bridge thing might not be a little much, but hereís how I handled loosing Phoebe the Jeep dog last year.

http://75.125.205.90/BB/showpost.php?p=3945037&postcount=206

Itís amazing. Iíve seen death in many forms, from fire, drowning, auto accident. Buried several friends and family, even had a friend bleed out right in front of me.
But none of that reduced me to a simpering fool, crying like a jilted girlfriend, the way this goofy little brown dog did.
Iíll have another one again, probably another Lab, but itís gonna be a while.

Pictures of her posted in the Gear Head thread.

bogey
05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
It's the Planet. Standing rule: if you open your kimono someone is going to laugh.
You guys are piling all over Sedated when all he did was stay true to Planet form.
From what I have observed over the years there are not many sacred cows here. If someone wants to cry here they need to expect to hear a chuckle from the back row.

You and Sedated took a front row seat.

Dartgod
05-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Clean up your shit (delete your posts) on the way out douche bag.

Frazod
05-06-2008, 01:25 PM

Horseshit.

I don't say things here that I wouldn't say in real life. I don't have an "internet persona." I don't understand people who feel the need to do this.

Would you crack a joke at someone who was grieving in person? If not, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO IT HERE? If you have nothing good to say, just don't post.

This all goes back to what this place is depending on the poster. For me, it's a community. For you, it clearly isn't.

Gonzo
05-06-2008, 01:28 PM

Does that make those type of comments right?

To some people, pets are very important. If you can't fathom that rationale that's fine.

I expect this type of shit from Sedated and Hog Farmer but not you really.

vailpass
05-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Horseshit.

I don't say things here that I wouldn't say in real life. I don't have an "internet persona." I don't understand people who feel the need to do this.

Would you crack a joke at someone who was grieving in person? If not, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO IT HERE? If you have nothing good to say, just don't post.

This all goes back to what this place is depending on the poster. For me, it's a community. For you, it clearly isn't.

I have said nothing in this thread I wouldn't say in real life.
What I have said is:

1) If this is the most hurtful thing that has ever happened in PR's life he is a lucky guy.
2)I'm sorry for anyone that hurts for any reason
3)The Doggy Rainbow Bridge thing is hilarious.

Which of these do you find offensive?

vailpass
05-06-2008, 01:30 PM
You and Sedated took a front row seat.

Exactly what did I say that causes you to say that?

blueballs
05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
men getting touch with their feelings
and sharing them leave some of us wretching
this thread made John Wayne punch a cow

Demonpenz
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
valipass just take it to another thread or pm. Every dog has it's day. Let this one have his

bogey
05-06-2008, 01:33 PM
What I have said is:

1) If this is the most hurtful thing that has ever happened in PR's life he is a lucky guy.

never mind.

bogey
05-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Exactly what did I say that causes you to say that?

again, never mind.

Frazod
05-06-2008, 01:38 PM
What I have said is:

The first one, obviously. Why would you even say it? Is he supposed to find comfort in the fact he's never had anything worse happen? So what? It's callous and pointless. And unlike sedated, you should be intelligent enough to know that.

vailpass
05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
The first one, obviously. Why would you even say it? Is he supposed to find comfort in the fact he's never had anything worse happen? So what? It's callous and pointless. And unlike sedated, you should be intelligent enough to know that.

I meant no offense and still cannot see how that was offensive. Are you sure you aren't being a little over-sensitive?

In addition to a pretty good pun I think Demonpez has a point in his last post.
If my very presence is twisting your anus into a frenzy there isn't much point in us going back and forth.

If I have offended any pet owners I apologize.

ChiTown
05-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I meant no offense and still cannot see how that was offensive. Are you sure you aren't being a little over-sensitive?

In addition to a pretty good pun I think Demonpez has a point in his last post.
If my very presence is twisting your anus into a frenzy there isn't much point in us going back and forth.

If I have offended any pet owners I apologize.

What you have to remember, is that some insane people (myself included) treat their pets like one of the family. You raise, discipline, potty train, love and care for them like they are a child. So, when they pass (and especially way before their time), it's a heart wrenching experience. I won't liken it to the death of a child, as no animals life is worth that of a child - but it hurts like hell, nonetheless.

So, if someone ribs or makes light of someone's companion passing, you can probably understand the backlash that might unfold.

ChiefsFan4Life
05-06-2008, 09:51 PM

You are by far one of the dumbest human beings on any forum I've ever graced.

Your posts don't add a damn thing to the forums at all but take up space. Even people like GOATSE who most people can't stand will contribute at times but you never have anything to talk about except for animal bags of semen, which to any of us is totally retarded but for you is probably the highlight of your entire pathetic life. For some people, their animals are like their own flesh and blood.

So picture if you lost your son or daughter and you made a thread pouring your heart out (that would mean you actually have another love besides bags of semen, but bare with me for the purposes of this) and some ****stick with nothing better to do in his life decides to interject into that thread and make a comment implying that what you wrote is ridiculous. Whether you want to admit it or not, you would hate that person for what they did, but what's worse is you don't realize you are that dumbass piece of sh!t.

I feel sorry for you and hope that maybe you will grow to understand the world beyond bags of semen but it appears you weren't blessed with a brain so we'll have to make do with your worthless self as you are.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2008, 12:31 AM

Your posts don't add a damn thing to the forums at all but take up space. Even people like GOATSE who most people can't stand will contribute at times but you never have anything to talk about except for animal bags of semen, which to any of us is totally retarded but for you is probably the highlight of your entire pathetic life. For some people, their animals are like their own flesh and blood.

So picture if you lost your son or daughter and you made a thread pouring your heart out (that would mean you actually have another love besides bags of semen, but bare with me for the purposes of this) and some ****stick with nothing better to do in his life decides to interject into that thread and make a comment implying that what you wrote is ridiculous. Whether you want to admit it or not, you would hate that person for what they did, but what's worse is you don't realize you are that dumbass piece of sh!t.

I feel sorry for you and hope that maybe you will grow to understand the world beyond bags of semen but it appears you weren't blessed with a brain so we'll have to make do with your worthless self as you are.

I really don't think he's going to be able to read even half of that.

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2008, 05:45 AM

You've always been a stupid-ass buttf*ck but this time, you've really crossed the line.

"Oh, I don't know what I said that was wrong". F*king moron. Liar.

If you don't respect other people's feelings for their relationships with their pets (or family members), fine.

But don't act like a f*cking dickweed in a thread specific to an owner's loss, then claim ignorance.

Because if you claim ignorance in this thread, you're opening up Pandora's Box to every thread you post in.

Dumb. Stupid. F*ck.

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 08:36 AM
I really don't think he's going to be able to read even half of that.

Hey, congrats, by the way, on your weight loss. 73 pounds is an amazing amount of weight to lose.

:clap:

El Jefe
05-07-2008, 09:06 AM

:clap::clap::clap:

vailpass
05-07-2008, 09:18 AM

It seems to me that Hog is laughing at deranged people who think a dog dying is the same as a human dying.
Do you really equate one with the other?

ChiefsFan4Life
05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
It seems to me that Hog is laughing at deranged people who think a dog dying is the same as a human dying.

Well I don't have a son or a daughter, just my dog, so to me he is my "son" but he is very much a part of the family, so yes, in this case I do.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Well I don't have a son or a daughter, just my dog, so to me he is my "son" but he is very much a part of the family, so yes, in this case I do.

Yeah, thought so. A friendly suggestion for you to take or leave:don't walk around comparing losing a dog to losing a child.
In sane company they will laugh behing your back if not in your face and classify you as a loon.
They might even think you are as unstable as Frazod.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Depends on the pet, or person, in question.

I doubt if your passing would garner much sympathy.

El Jefe
05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
You've always been a stupid-ass buttf*ck but this time, you've really crossed the line.

"Oh, I don't know what I said that was wrong". F*king moron. Liar.

If you don't respect other people's feelings for their relationships with their pets (or family members), fine.

But don't act like a f*cking dickweed in a thread specific to an owner's loss, then claim ignorance.

Because if you claim ignorance in this thread, you're opening up Pandora's Box to every thread you post in.

Dumb. Stupid. F*ck.

:clap: Rep. It amazes me how people can come into a thread where obviously the thread starter isn't to happy about things that have occured, and they spew their garbage in the thread. If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything, you are going out of your way to be an ass.

ChiefsFan4Life
05-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, thought so. A friendly suggestion for you to take or leave:don't walk around comparing losing a dog to losing a child.
In sane company they will laugh behing your back if not in your face and classify you as a loon.
They might even think you are as unstable as Frazod.

You're making the assumption I give a sh!t about what those people think, and that would be incorrect.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 09:39 AM
:clap: Rep. It amazes me how people can come into a thread where obviously the thread starter isn't to happy about things that have occured, and they spew their garbage in the thread. If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything, you are going out of your way to be an ass.

ROFLROFL Yep, that's the Planet motto alright.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 09:40 AM
You're making the assumption I give a sh!t about what those people think, and that would be incorrect.

Alrighty then, you know what you are and you are proud to be so. Good for you.

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 09:41 AM

You mentioned something about sacred cows............If you haven't figured it out yet, this might actually be one the few sacred cows on here. I can't figure out why you have decided to be such a cock-sucker about this.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 09:45 AM
You mentioned something about sacred cows............If you haven't figured it out yet, this might actually be one the few sacred cows on here. I can't figure out why you have decided to be such a cock-sucker about this.

How am I being a cocksucker? I haven't issued a single insult. I'm merely standing by my point that this is a free speech area, brought here from the Star in order that all men might be free to piss in his neighbor's cheerios.
Do a search through any "dead pet" thread. You will see this issue is not a sacred cow.

Baby Lee
05-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Interesting counterpoint to Jenson's 'I got an effing B+' thread.

El Jefe
05-07-2008, 09:53 AM

Nobody is saying it's the exact same thing as a human dying, because it's not the exact same. There are plenty of people who look at their dogs as part of the family, I know in my family I do. Whenever you put time in a relationship wether it's an animal or not, the loss of the relationship can be crushing. I don't think it's too far fetched to see people who equate the two together to be honest with you. I just can't stand the fact that you come in here and point out the fact you can't believe that people can get this worked up over an animal that has died. I can tell that you have never loved an animal and with your attitude you probably never will.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 09:56 AM
How am I being a cocksucker? I haven't issued a single insult. I'm merely standing by my point that this is a free speech area, brought here from the Star in order that all men might be free to piss in his neighbor's cheerios.
Do a search through any "dead pet" thread. You will see this issue is not a sacred cow.

Nice place for you to champion your right to be a complete prick. Congratulations on being the Fred Phelps of ChiefsPlanet.

El Jefe
05-07-2008, 09:57 AM

No it's just a character, you don't take shots at something like that especially when the person who is going through it is obviously having a tough time. I think it just shows the amount of class you have, which is about none.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Nobody is saying it's the exact same thing as a human dying,

Wrong. There are posts here claiming a dog dying is the same as a human dying.

I just can't stand the fact that you come in here and point out the fact you can't believe that people can get this worked up over an animal that has died.

Where did I say that? I said IMHO this forum is open to free speech; that if you show your ass here you can expect to get it kicked every once in a while.

I can tell that you have never loved an animal and with your attitude you probably never will.
Do you mean this in a "Deliverance" sort of way? I like sheep and all but it just ain't like that.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Nice place for you to champion your right to be a complete prick. Congratulations on being the Fred Phelps of ChiefsPlanet.

Fraz, I expect you of all people to defend the right to be a huge, outrageous, vile, nasty prick.
After all.........LMAO

Frazod
05-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Fraz, I expect you of all people to defend the right to be a huge, outrageous, vile, nasty prick.
After all.........LMAO

Eat a dick, troll. We're done.

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I AGREE DOGS ARE THE SACRED COWS OF THE PLANET

noone talked shit when my PITBULL pup was stolen.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159700

vailpass
05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
No it's just a character, you don't take shots at something like that especially when the person who is going through it is obviously having a tough time. I think it just shows the amount of class you have, which is about none.

Again, I never took a shot at the poster of this thread. I'm simply questioning the outrage you and others are showing at Sedated, Hog, et al.
I'm not quite at the stage of suggesting perhaps you all loosen up your lace undergarments but it is getting close.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Eat a dick, troll. We're done.

WTF? Are you breaking up with me?
Wait, no.
I can change.
I CAN CHANGE!
I SWEAR TO GOD I CAN CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!

blueballs
05-07-2008, 11:10 AM
You ain't seen nothin
till you're down on the muffin
and she says the dog goes -and it does

Frazod
05-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Perhaps it is time for one of the mods to lock this thread, so it can no longer be used as a platform for certain members to demonstrate what classless f#cking lowlifes they are.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Perhaps it is time for one of the mods to lock this thread, so it can no longer be used as a platform for certain members to demonstrate what classless f#cking lowlifes they are.

No, there is no reason for them to censor you Fraz. Disagreeable though you might be it's still a free Planet.

El Jefe
05-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Again, I never took a shot at the poster of this thread. I'm simply questioning the outrage you and others are showing at Sedated, Hog, et al.
I'm not quite at the stage of suggesting perhaps you all loosen up your lace undergarments but it is getting close.

Im not attacking you Im just saying it's pretty low that the guys dog died by being hit by a car. Then you making fun of the Rainbow poem or whatever that thing was, was starting to push it there. I know some people don't care about someone's dog dying and think you have to be some sort of women to get emotional over that. But for everyone of "you" there is 10 on here that can sympathize with the loss of a pet. Just my .02

Delano
05-07-2008, 11:22 AM
No, there is no reason for them to censor you Fraz. Disagreeable though you might be it's still a free Planet.

Frazod is the lowlife in this thread?

Pa-lease..

I say keep this thread going but remove the sympathy posts into another thread so pr_capone doesn't have to wade through all of this bullshit for well wishes.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Im not attacking you Im just saying it's pretty low that the guys dog died by being hit by a car. Then you making fun of the Rainbow poem or whatever that thing was, was starting to push it there. I know some people don't care about someone's dog dying and think you have to be some sort of women to get emotional over that. But for everyone of "you" there is 10 on here that can sympathize with the loss of a pet. Just my .02

In one sense you mischaracterize me. As I stated earlier I very much sympathize with anyone who hurts for any reason not brought on by their own ill doings.
Of course it sucks the guy's dog got hit by a car. There are lots of things that suck. Does that mean that some can't deal with it by laughing? For some laughter is a natural response to tragedy.

In another sense you portray me 100% accurately: the doggy heaven bridge schlock cracks me up no end. For all the world it sounds like a SNL skit read by Stuart Smalley or Phil Hartman.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Frazod is the lowlife in this thread?

Pa-lease..

I say keep this thread going but remove the sympathy posts into another thread so pr_capone doesn't have to wade through all of this bullshit for well wishes.

Want to get this thread moved? Watch this:

Who is the mudshark in your avvy?

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
In another sense you portray me 100% accurately: the doggy heaven bridge schlock cracks me up no end. For all the world it sounds like a SNL skit read by Stuart Smalley or Phil Hartman.
And for some, it is very comforting. The fact that you don't GET THAT, and continue to argue this point instead of issuing a simple, "I'm sorry I misunderstood", and then moving on, is very telling.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:31 AM
An for some, it is very comforting. The fact that you don't GET THAT, and continue to argue this point instead of issuing a simple, "I'm sorry I misunderstood", and then moving on, is very telling.

I'm sorry for nothing as I've misunderstood nothing.
An opinion that says doggy heaven is a load of childish tripe wrapped up in not-well-written verbiage is just as valid as one that says different. The fact that someone would find comfort in that amuses me greatly. I laugh in your general direction. So what?

An opinion that differs from yours is not wrong, just different.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry for nothing as I've misunderstood nothing.
An opinion that says doggy heaven is a load of childish tripe wrapped up in not-well-written verbiage is just as valid as one that says different. The fact that someone would find comfort in that amuses me greatly. I laugh in your general direction. So what?

An opinion that differs from yours is not wrong, just different.
And you are entitled to that opinion. No one is arguing that. Why the **** you feel the need to voice that opinion on a thread where someone is clearly hurting and seeking comfort and sympathy is beyond me.

I can't wait until some tragedy befalls you (believe me, karma will get ya) and you post it on this forum. Man, oh, man. I'm gonna have some fun that day.

You're a piece of shit, no doubt about it.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I agree with Fraz. Please lock this thread. It has moved way beyond it's intended purpose.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
I can't wait until some tragedy befalls you (believe me, karma will get ya) and you post it on this forum. Man, oh, man. I'm gonna have some fun that day.

You're a piece of shit, no doubt about it.

It grieves me to say I've had my share of personal tragedy; some might say more than my share and some of it very recently.

Why would I ever come to an intranet BB with it?
I would never post any of it here without the expectation that some would give me shit about it. That's how it goes and I promise I wouldn't cry like a spanked girl if someone cracked a joke in my direction.

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
It grieves me to say I've had my share of personal tragedy; some might say more than my share and some of it very recently.

Why would I ever come to an intranet BB with it?
I would never post any of it here without the expectation that some would give me shit about it. That's how it goes and I promise I wouldn't cry like a spanked girl if someone cracked a joke in my direction.

You've been around here long enough to know that a lot of us feel like we "know" each other. I've NEVER met anyone here in person (that's because I have 4 eyes and 16 ears), but I like to think because I have gotten to "know" some on here, that I can show some compassion and respect for their feelings and what they post.

It's really that simple - nothing more, nothing less.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I agree with Fraz. Please lock this thread. It has moved way beyond it's intended purpose.

Lock a thread because it has veered from the original subject?
That criteria would lock 90% of the threads on this board.
Or would it just be those threads that got a some people butt hurt?
What exact criteria do you propose to base this censorship upon?
Can we all do it or are there just a few who can use this new tool?

El Jefe
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM

I third the motion. Lock it down....

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Lock a thread because it has veered from the original subject?
That criteria would lock 90% of the threads on this board.
Or would it just be those threads that got a some people butt hurt?
What exact criteria do you propose to base this censorship upon?
Can we all do it or are there just a few who can use this new tool?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
You've been around here long enough to know that a lot of us feel like we "know" each other. I've NEVER met anyone here in person (that's because I have 4 eyes and 16 ears), but I like to think because I have gotten to "know" some on here, that I can show some compassion and respect for their feelings and what they post.

It's really that simple - nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed. All I'm saying is that it is better to allow people to speak freely than to censor some because you don't like what you say.
I'm not saying I agree with everything that is said but I strongly advocate their right to say it.
Don't you?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Would you please just GO THE **** AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frustrated are we?
Perhaps you could answer the questions I asked you regarding closing threads because you don't like them?

sedated
05-07-2008, 11:46 AM
I never would have guessed this thread would turn into a free speech debate.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:47 AM
This is an interesting case of censorship. As far as I can tell it is a case of first impression for the Planet.
Any of you who are interested in not having your posts arbitrarily controlled should look carefully at the slippery slope that has just been placed under your feet.

Edit: Sorry Face, I didn't realixze this thread had been moved, thought it was deleted. This is a wise and fair compromise. I'll take my "Don't Tread on Me" flag and go home now :)

Delano
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Want to get this thread moved? Watch this:

Who is the mudshark in your avvy?

Oooooh aren't you cool.

Your attention whoring tactics on this subject are reminiscent of GoChiefs.

The guy in my avatar is going to eat your favorite wide receivers alive for the next ten years. And **** your mothers, sisters, and daughters.

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Agreed. All I'm saying is that it is better to allow people to speak freely than to censor some because you don't like what you say.
I'm not saying I agree with everything that is said but I strongly advocate their right to say it.
Don't you?

Sure, I guess if you want to paint it with a broad enough brush, that fits.

However, to me, it appears as though you stuck your cleats into a glob of poo, for no other reason than to see how badly you could stink up the field wherever you walk.

DaFace
This is an interesting case of censorship. As far as I can tell it is a case of first impression for the Planet.
Any of you who are interested in not having your posts arbitrarily controlled should look carefully at the slippery slope that has just been placed under your feet.

Edit: Sorry Face, I didn't realixze this thread had been moved, thought it was deleted. This is a wise and fair compromise. I'll take my "Don't Tread on Me" flag and go home now :)

No problem. I'm not one to censor, but I do think it's nice to respect the solemn mood of the other thread.

Dartgod

Edit: Sorry Face, I didn't realixze this thread had been moved, thought it was deleted. I'll take my "Don't Tread on Me" flag and go home now :)
I have a question for you.

Do you feel that the organized protests at soldiers funerals by Fred Phelps congregation are ok?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Sure, I guess if you want to paint it with a broad enough brush, that fits.

However, to me, it appears as though you stuck your cleats into a glob of poo, for no other reason than to see how badly you could stink up the field wherever you walk.

This is entirely possible :)

Frazod
05-07-2008, 11:51 AM

Do you feel that the organized protests at soldiers funerals by Fred Phelps congregation are ok?

I think he is Fred Phelps.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:53 AM

**** no. IMHO it falls under invasion of privacy and is not a free speech issue at all. I would be all for seeing the Phelps clan drive off a cliff together.

There is a very distinct, very large line between human rights and animal rights and the way each are treated in life and in death IMO.

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't see any difference between what phelps does and valipasses actions other than one is a dog and one is fallen soldiers

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 11:54 AM
This is entirely possible :)

Hence, my decision to reluctantly, but accurately, call you a cocksucker.:p

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't see any difference between what phelps does and valipasses actions other than one is a dog and one is fallen soldiers

Holy shit dude do you hear what you are saying?

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 11:55 AM
**** no. IMHO it falls under invasion of privacy and is not a free speech issue at all.
There is a very distinct, very large line between human rights and animal rights and the way each are treated in life and in death IMO.
Do you feel it is also disrespectful?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Hence, my decision to reluctantly, but accurately, call you a cocksucker.:p

I respect your thought-out and well-stated position, though I must respectfully disagree.
The correct label as applies to my personal case is cocksuckee.
:p

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Holy shit dude do you hear what you are saying?

Maybe you should read about the dogs that fell during the battle at rainbow bridge

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Do you feel it is also disrespectful?

The Phelps actions? Beyond disrespectful. They carry signs advocating hatred and attempt to bring dishonor to a fallen hero.
Why do you ask me such rhetorical questions?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Maybe you should read about the dogs that fell during the battle at rainbow bridge

ROFL Okay just when I thought you were a complete psycho you pull off a damn funny one.

FAX
05-07-2008, 11:59 AM
I sense anger. Reminds me of the thread a year or so ago about somebody microwaving a baby (or something like that) and it all went downhill from there.

Death, taxes, and you post at your own risk on ChiefsPlanet.

FAX

vailpass
05-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I sense anger. Reminds me of the thread a year or so ago about somebody microwaving a baby (or something like that) and it all went downhill from there.

Death, taxes, and you post at your own risk on ChiefsPlanet.

FAX

Yeah that one turned pretty grim.
Like Baretta used to say before he went all 'Hey Joe' on his old lady: "if you can't take the heat get outta' the kitchen"

DeezNutz
05-07-2008, 12:03 PM

I didn't want to laugh, but this was really funny.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
The Phelps actions? Beyond disrespectful. They carry signs advocating hatred and attempt to bring dishonor to a fallen hero.
Why do you ask me such rhetorical questions?
Because although not on the same level, you are doing the same thing. Sure Phelps gang is entitled to their opinion, but it is disrespectful to voice that opinion at a setting such as a funeral. Just like you are entitled to your opinion, but it is disrespectful to voice that opinion in the very thread that a person is obviously grieving.

CosmicPal
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
For some laughter is a natural response to tragedy.

Laughter has never been a "natural" response to tragedy. A genuine response to tragedy is to grieve. For some, that grieving is internal. For others, it is external. But laughing at tragedy isn't natural- it's a problem with coping.

Now, if you are speaking of other societies and how they "celebrate" the death by throwing a parade- Yes, there are some cultures in this world that do celebrate death as a transition to a better world.

But, laughter has never been a natural response to tragedy, my friend.

Fire Me Boy!
05-07-2008, 12:08 PM

ROFL

Now I have "Charge of the Light Brigade" running through my head.

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah that one turned pretty grim.
Like Baretta used to say before he went all 'Hey Joe' on his old lady: "if you can't take the heat get outta' the kitchen"

Barreta used to quote Harry Truman?LMAO

vailpass
05-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Because although not on the same level, you are doing the same thing. Sure Phelps gang is entitled to their opinion, but it is disrespectful to voice that opinion at a setting such as a funeral. Just like you are entitled to your opinion, but it is disrespectful to voice that opinion in the very thread that a person is obviously grieving.

1. I'm not saying anything other than if you put your business on the street there are people who will give you shit about it. It's called free speech and has been in operation here for years. The indignation is so extreme it is funny.

2.Comparing run-over-Rover to a fallen soldier is sick and wrong. Comparing anything said on an intraweb thread to the Phelps clan's actions is a stretch too far to be labeled credible.
Do you seriously feel they are in the same ballpark?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Barreta used to quote Harry Truman?LMAO

Yeah he had that one and "don't do the crime if you can't do the time".
Of course for the serious knowledge that you can't get in college you had to listen to Huggy Bear.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Laughter has never been a "natural" response to tragedy. A genuine response to tragedy is to grieve. For some, that grieving is internal. For others, it is external. But laughing at tragedy isn't natural- it's a problem with coping.

Now, if you are speaking of other societies and how they "celebrate" the death by throwing a parade- Yes, there are some cultures in this world that do celebrate death as a transition to a better world.

But, laughter has never been a natural response to tragedy, my friend.

I must respectfully disagree. There are many here among us who deal with sadness by making jokes, keeping it light.
I know, I am one of those.

Brock
05-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't have said this on the original thread, but I think a few people may be blowing the death of a pet way out of proportion. I think acting like one of your kids died is pretty sickening, considering there are people on this very board who have had children die. JMO.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 12:20 PM
1. I'm not saying anything other than if you put your business on the street there are people who will give you shit about it. It's called free speech and has been in operation here for years. The indignation is so extreme it is funny.

2.Comparing run-over-Rover to a fallen soldier is sick and wrong. Comparing anything said on an intraweb thread to the Phelps clan's actions is a stretch too far to be labeled credible.
Do you seriously feel they are in the same ballpark?
I do not equate human life to dogs or cats. But as a pet owner, the grief you feel when one passes is very real. Yet you to pretend to not understand that and use it as an excuse to crap all over a thread where someone is experiencing sadness.

I don't have any kids, so I think of my dogs as my "children". I know it's not the same thing. If one dies, I will be upset for a week or so and then go out and get another one. But if I am upset and grieving on the day that they die, and some asshole like you comes along and starts laughing in my face, I'm gonna ****ing clock him.

CoMoChief
05-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I had to put down my 15 yr old Schnauzer down a couple years back. Still think about him everyday. I was an only child growing up and he went everywhere I went, I grew up with him. I cried like a girl for days after I had to put him down.

However if it was a cat I'd just tie it up to my jeep and drag it down the interstate simply because I could give 2 shits about cats in general.

CoMoChief
05-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't have said this on the original thread, but I think a few people may be blowing the death of a pet way out of proportion. I think acting like one of your kids died is pretty sickening, considering there are people on this very board who have had children die. JMO.

Well kid or pet regardless, it's still considered a family memeber to most people. And there is a great sense of loss when they die, especially one that's been a huge part of the family for 10+ years etc.

However if you have to choose who dies, I do NOT in any way equate human lives with animals.

sedated
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
if it was a cat I'd just tie it up to my jeep and drag it down the interstate

do you wear a white robe during your lynchings?

joesomebody
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
First, the planet is known for this type of crude humor. I think that some of the members just don't understand where the lines are that shouldn't be crossed. If you don't care about pets, then don't post. I'm not saying you can't post, I'm saying don't.

Who are any of us to tell someone that they are blowing the death/loss of something out of proportion? I for one have been incredibly lucky in that I have never lost a close loved one, other than my dog. (I pray to god that I remain that lucky for as long as he can possibly let me.) Grief does tend to become easier as we become more and more numb to it, but I don't think anyone should judge critically of another man's way of coping with a loss.

I would imagine most of you have just never allowed yourselves to get close to a pet. I know a lot of people try to keep a "farm" mentality about animals, probably specifically because our animals typically have much shorter lifespans than we do. All I know is that there is a reason that the movie Old Yeller is one of the saddest movies of all time...

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 12:31 PM
See? This is my point exactly. Brock's opinion is valid and is one that is shared by many people (including you, vailpass). However, Brock showed some respect and didn't voice it in PR's thread. And we all know Brock is pretty much says what's on his mind.

joesomebody
05-07-2008, 12:36 PM
However if it was a cat I'd just tie it up to my jeep and drag it down the interstate simply because I could give 2 shits about cats in general.I'm not quite that mean toward cats, though I do think of them more as fuzzy mouse traps than pets. It just seems that there are two types of people in the world, dog people and cat people. I for one am a dog kind of guy. I don't hate cats, but cats live outside, dogs inside.

Adept Havelock
05-07-2008, 12:37 PM
However if you have to choose who dies, I do NOT in any way equate human lives with animals.

For the most part, I'd agree. However, I've known a few folks I'd gladly trade a good pets life for.

Sedated, for instance. :)

Granted, to me Homo Sapien is just a more advanced tool using social animal.

CosmicPal
05-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I must respectfully disagree. There are many here among us who deal with sadness by making jokes, keeping it light.
I know, I am one of those.

Really? Sadness is one thing, but death is another.

Let me share with you an example of laughing at death: Years ago, I had a girlfriend whose parents bought her a new car for her birthday. That weekend, she drove out to her parent's town in Kansas to pick up her car. On her way back to OPKS, she hit a deer and died.

I was telling this story while out drinking one night with some friends. One of the guys I didn't know too well started laughing. A couple of my friends immediately went after him for being so callous.

To this dude who didn't know me, the story does sound too incredible to deal with naturally, but the fact is- he didn't know anyone in the story: he didn't know me, nor did he know my former girlfriend. So, in his case, I can understand laughing about it. Just like I'm sure you just had yourself a big goohoohall laugh about it too.

Laughing about someone you know and their tragedy isn't normal. But, if you want to laugh at another stranger's tragedy, than by all means do so.

joesomebody
05-07-2008, 12:46 PM

Let me share with you an example of laughing at death: Years ago, I had a girlfriend whose parents bought her a new car for her birthday. That weekend, she drove out to her parent's town in Kansas to pick up her car. On her way back to OPKS, she hit a deer and died.

I was telling this story while out drinking one night with some friends. One of the guys I didn't know too well started laughing. A couple of my friends immediately went after him for being so callous.

To this dude who didn't know me, the story does sound too incredible to deal with naturally, but the fact is- he didn't know anyone in the story: he didn't know me, nor did he know my former girlfriend. So, in his case, I can understand laughing about it. Just like I'm sure you just had yourself a big goohoohall laugh about it too.

Laughing about someone you know and their tragedy isn't normal. But, if you want to laugh at another stranger's tragedy, than by all means do so.I think of it more that some people are better at going to the stage in grieving where you remember the good times, laugh about the funny times, and try to keep everything upbeat. I am not good at that kind of grieving, but my Grandpa for one is a pro. At funerals and wakes he is able to make everyone happier and can get a smile out of anyone, granted most people are still crying but laughter and a smile is good for someone that is grieving.

Adept Havelock
05-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I think of it more that some people are better at going to the stage in grieving where you remember the good times, laugh about the funny times, and try to keep everything upbeat. I am not good at that kind of grieving, but my Grandpa for one is a pro. At funerals and wakes he is able to make everyone happier and can get a smile out of anyone, granted most people are still crying but laughter and a smile is good for someone that is grieving.

Out of curiosity, does he get that smile or laughter by mocking the grief of others, or mocking the circumstances of the deceased's passing?

Valiant
05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Wow I am glad I was too busy earlier to respond.. I have had multiple pets die, so I feel sorry for anyone that has had it happened..

But on that.. I think some are going overboard.. If gochiefs/denise/jaz were the thread starter, half of these defending would take a couple of pot shots and the normal CP mantra would continue..

Hell quite a few would take pot shots at others when they do not believe in what they are saying or if they do not like the poster..

vailpass

Laughing about someone you know and their tragedy isn't normal. But, if you want to laugh at another stranger's tragedy, than by all means do so.

Laughter doesn't have to be pointed AT someone. People can laugh on their own without any malice.
I deal with sadness by keeping it light, making jokes, looking at the good side.

The more irreverant the humor the funnier it is to me; If I were PR I would have laughed my ass off at Sedated's joke.
That is how some people deal. The fact that a few think theirs is the only way to deal and that they have right to push their view on others is wrong.

vailpass
I think of it more that some people are better at going to the stage in grieving where you remember the good times, laugh about the funny times, and try to keep everything upbeat. I am not good at that kind of grieving, but my Grandpa for one is a pro. At funerals and wakes he is able to make everyone happier and can get a smile out of anyone, granted most people are still crying but laughter and a smile is good for someone that is grieving.

Exactly. And this is a good thing.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 12:56 PM
The fact that a few think theirs is the only way to deal and that they have right to push their view on others is wrong.
Really? :hmmm:

Valiant
05-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Out of curiosity, does he get that smile or laughter by mocking the grief of others, or mocking the circumstances of the deceased's passing?

There are quite a few comedians that use this tactic.. Take something horrible and use it as material.. Carlin, Godfrey off the top of my head tell twin towers jokes.. It offends some, but generally they get huge applauses..

I think it is like, having a friend die in a car accident from alcohol.. You are sad and grieving.. But if some Donk fan in Colorado died, it was because of his own stupidity..

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 12:58 PM
We all know comedians have no issues with dealing with personal problems hehe

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Really? :hmmm:

Absolutely. Don't you agree?

CosmicPal
05-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Exactly. And this is a good thing.

Dude, that is not what you were clamoring about. What joesomebody described is how I feel we should approach death as well: remembering the good in a person and how they made you laugh and smile.

You were harping on the fact that laughing is a natural response, and it isn't. If you don't believe me, try jumping into your nearest local wake and report back to us exactly how many people were telling jokes and laughing at the guy in the casket.

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm the kind of guy that laugh's at a funeral

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Dude, that is not what you were clamoring about. What joesomebody described is how I feel we should approach death as well: remembering the good in a person and how they made you laugh and smile.

You were harping on the fact that laughing is a natural response, and it isn't. If you don't believe me, try jumping into your nearest local wake and report back to us exactly how many people were telling jokes and laughing at the guy in the casket.

If you disagree with me that is fine; don't tell me I am wrong just because you don't agree. Laughter in the face of tragedy is a perfectly natural coping mechanism. I don't want to bore you or myself by reviewing basic Behaviorial Psych principals but it is there for the reading if you really care.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm the kind of guy that laugh's at a funeral

Don't understand what I mean? You soon will.

tooge
05-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I miss the good old days when if you disagreed, you met at a predetermined place, and had it out. the loser pretty much just shut up from there on. Hey, where is Sedated?

Frazod
05-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Wow I am glad I was too busy earlier to respond.. I have had multiple pets die, so I feel sorry for anyone that has had it happened..

But on that.. I think some are going overboard.. If gochiefs/denise/jaz were the thread starter, half of these defending would take a couple of pot shots and the normal CP mantra would continue..

Hell quite a few would take pot shots at others when they do not believe in what they are saying or if they do not like the poster..

Bullshit.

There are lots of people here I don't like. There are a couple, honestly, that I've just flat out learned to hate. But there is NOBODY here that I'd mock in any sort of mourning thread. I certainly won't fall all over myself offering condolences, but I'll keep any negative sentiments to myself. There is a time and a place for everything.

This is not about some jackass getting his right to be a jackass infringed upon. It's about decency, respect and appropriate behavior. If can't respect the other guy, at least have enough self respect to shut the f#ck up.

FAX
05-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Laughter doesn't have to be pointed AT someone. People can laugh on their own without any malice.
I deal with sadness by keeping it light, making jokes, looking at the good side.

The more irreverant the humor the funnier it is to me; If I were PR I would have laughed my ass off at Sedated's joke.
That is how some people deal. The fact that a few think theirs is the only way to deal and that they have right to push their view on others is wrong.

I think the difference is this: A loved one dies. A) It's okay for the loved one's loved ones and/or their loved ones to laugh at the funeral. B) It's not okay for a bunch of guys the loved one or the loved one's loved ones don't really know to laugh at the funeral. Common sense, really. You can get yourself shot.

FAX

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Bullshit.

There are lots of people here I don't like. There are a couple, honestly, that I've just flat out learned to hate. But there is NOBODY here that I'd mock in any sort of mourning thread. I certainly won't fall all over myself offering condolences, but I'll keep any negative sentiments to myself. There is a time and a place for everything.

This is not about some jackass getting his right to be a jackass infringed upon. It's about decency, respect and appropriate behavior. If can't respect the other guy, at least have enough self respect to shut the f#ck up.

So because you wouldn't do it nobody else can?
Because you don't like it nobody can say it?
Is that about it Francis?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:28 PM
I think the difference is this: A loved one dies. A) It's okay for the loved one's loved ones and/or their loved ones to laugh at the funeral. B) It's not okay for a bunch of guys the loved one or the loved one's loved ones don't really know to laugh at the funeral. Common sense, really. You can get yourself shot.

FAX

Agreed. I would posit that an intraweb BB such as this one is a place that falls squarely into the category of locations where you can expect that laughter. Whose gonna' get shot on the web?

A reasonably prudent person knows or should know that there are all kinds here. I notice these same feigners of moral indigation are not nearly so vocal when it comes to advocating cruelty/death for cats.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Bullshit.

Yep. I despise Duh-nese more than any other poster here and I made a point to offer my condolences when she had a pet die, and she did the same for me when my wife's terrier mix died suddenly 4 years ago.

Again, it's not about your right to have an opinion. It's about the classless method you chose to deliver it.

CoMoChief
05-07-2008, 01:30 PM
do you wear a white robe during your lynchings?

Yes and I also have multiple nazi tattoos all over my face neck and body.

I beat women and children and steal from churches because I think it's funny.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:31 PM
I wonder if there is a correlation between those who are speaking the loudest against Sedated's joke and parenthood.

Fraz, Dart, Demonpez do you guys have kids?
(I think Dart already said he didn't but I'm lazy).
Just curious, I realize you can't draw a causality from a correlation.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Agreed. I would posit that an intraweb BB such as this one is a place that falls squarely into the category of locations where you can expect that laughter. Whose gonna' get shot on the web?
True, but I see the "My Pet Died" thread as the BB equivalent of a funeral. You have an opinion, but please do not use that particular thread to voice it.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:36 PM
True, but I see the "My Pet Died" thread as the BB equivalent of a funeral. You have an opinion, but please do not use that particular thread to voice it.

I honestly respect your opinion.
Wish in one hand, **** in the other see which fills up first.
I'm just saying at a place like this you are going to get wisecracks in every situation and that is part of what makes this place fun.
It would be a lame day if you (or me or anybody) could tell people what they could or could not say so long as it complied with the board rules.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 01:36 PM
I wonder if there is a correlation between those who are speaking the loudest against Sedated's joke and parenthood.

Fraz, Dart, Demonpez do you guys have kids?
(I think Dart already said he didn't but I'm lazy).
Just curious, I realize you can't draw a causality from a correlation.
I do not, but that is irrelevant. I already stated that I do not equate human vs. pet life, but I do become quite attached to my pets and I definitely grieve when one dies.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 01:39 PM

Clearly you have and will do whatever you want to, Fred. The world is full of vermin like you.

Doesn't mean the rest of us won't call you on it.

FAX
05-07-2008, 01:40 PM

A reasonably prudent person knows or should know that there are all kinds here. I notice these same feigners of moral indigation are not nearly so vocal when it comes to advocating cruelty/death for cats.

First of all, cats are different. Everybody laughs when a cat dies.

As for the indignation stuff, I hold no position. I have posted some very rude and uncalled-for comments that were highly inappropriate at the time. Of course, I was just attempting to keep up with Mr. Baby Lee, but that's really no excuse.

The fact is that we're all semi-human posters and, in the end, we'll have differences of opinion as to what is humorous and/or appropriate at any given time. Still, surely we can all agree that, when a man's dog dies it's always good to show a smidge of deference.

FAX

Dartgod
I honestly respect your opinion.
Wish in one hand, **** in the other see which fills up first.
I'm just saying at a place like this you are going to get wisecracks in every situation and that is part of what makes this place fun.
It would be a lame day if you (or me or anybody) could tell people what they could or could not say so long as it complied with the board rules.
Believe me, your actions are frowned upon by the majority. You may not see it this way, but threads like PR's ARE the sacred cow. Unfortunately there are a small minority of insensitive pricks like yourself who get their thrills by crossing that line.

vailpass
I do not, but that is irrelevant. I already stated that I do not equate human vs. pet life, but I do become quite attached to my pets and I definitely grieve when one dies.

I ask because I have observed that childless adults sometimes have a different way of looking at the world than those with children.
I was curious to see if that was born out in this case.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 01:41 PM

I certainly value pet life more than vailpass life.

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't have kids I actually thought the same thing that sedated posted but I didn't because I know it sucks to loose a pet. I just have a different version though of life as most people. Mine as well embrace death because we are heading there anyway. I love my dog in my avy but I realize and prepare myself for death. I was lucky to have a full canine life with her. I try to heal my comments these days because of old school guys that I respect on here would gladly beat my ass for being disrespectful.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Believe me, your actions are frowned upon by the majority. You may not see it this way, but threads like PR's ARE the sacred cow. Unfortunately there are a small minority of insensitive pricks like yourself who get their thrills by crossing that line.

Do you speak for the majority?
Do you believe that the majority would feel that Sedated, Hog, et al should be censored?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't have kids I actually thought the same thing that sedated posted but I didn't because I know it sucks to loose a pet. I just have a different version though of life as most people. Mine as well embrace death because we are heading there anyway. I love my dog in my avy but I realize and prepare myself for death. I was lucky to have a full canine life with her. I try to heal my comments these days because of old school guys that I respect on here would gladly beat my ass for being disrespectful.

Very honest and very cool.
Thanks.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I certainly value pet life more than vailpass life.

You broke up with me a few pages ago yet you keep talking to/about me?

What's wrong cowboy are you finding it hard to quit me?

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Do you speak for the majority?
Do you believe that the majority would feel that Sedated, Hog, et al should be censored?
No, but if you want to believe that the majority of the posters here would slap you on the back and laugh heartily for what you posted in that thread, then feel free to do so. Doesn't make it right though.

Demonpenz
05-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I have a death joke and a dog joke. On of my friends Sam died not long ago and I got to speak at the funeral for a bit. She came by one day to play with my dogs when I wasn't home at my parents. My parents were like she seems nice she sat there playing with the dogs for 15 minutes. I replied wow she is really cool if she can stand my parents more than 10 :)

Frazod
05-07-2008, 01:46 PM
You broke up with me a few pages ago yet you keep talking to/about me?

What's wrong cowboy are you finding it hard to quit me?

Just mopping up the shitstain you're leaving in your wake, Fred.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:47 PM
No, but if you want to believe that the majority of the posters here would slap you on the back and laugh heartily for what you posted in that thread, then feel free to do so. Doesn't make it right though.

For what I posted?
I didn't post anything negative only defended the rights of those who did.
Unless you are counting my laughing at the doggy heaven bridge story.

bogey
05-07-2008, 01:53 PM

It's not that you can't. But if you're a caring person, you shouldn't. It's called a filter, a caring person knows when to use it. It's really that simple.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 01:55 PM
For what I posted?
I didn't post anything negative only defended the rights of those who did.
Unless you are counting my laughing at the doggy heaven bridge story.
That was pretty much it.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 01:57 PM
That was pretty much it.

Wow. Honest question: do you think you are being oversensitive here?
If a poster other than me would have said the same thing would you be reacting the dame way?

Frazod
05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
It's not that you can't. But if you're a caring person, you shouldn't. It's called a filter, a caring person knows when to use it. It's really that simple.

Give it up. You can't explain decency to someone who doesn't have any.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow. Honest question: do you think you are being oversensitive here?
If a poster other than me would have said the same thing would you be reacting the dame way?
It's not so much what you said there as your refusal to understand how it is disrespectful to post such things.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Again, this is an intraweb BB not the real world. Why is that so hard to understand?

vailpass
05-07-2008, 02:02 PM
It's not so much what you said there as your refusal to understand how it is disrespectful to post such things.

Okay cool. This horse has flies buzzing around it and is ready to cross the animal heaven bridge.
No sense beating it any further.

FAX
05-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Some dang people spew those pesky values indiscriminately, Mr. vailpass ... both in RL and on the web thing.

FAX

siberian khatru
05-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Again, this is an intraweb BB not the real world. Why is that so hard to understand?

So the anonymity makes it OK?

If you were sitting in a bar and overheard a stranger telling another friend about how broken up he was over his dog's death, and the friend started quoting the Rainbow Bridge, would you interject with your opinion about how he was overreacting and that that poem was insipid?

Both are public places. I mean, if the guy doesn't want his feelings criticized, he shouldn't be spouting them in public where others can hear them, right?

Or is the BBS different BECAUSE we don't have to face the people we're mocking? Meaning, you feel empowered to give your unsolicited opinion precisely because you can't be held accountable for it like you could in real life.

Honest questions. Honestly.

bogey
05-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Give it up. You can't explain decency to someone who doesn't have any.

I think he has decency. He did apologize early on. Now he's arguing for the sake of arguing. Likely he's embarrassed and this is a defense mechanism. Unfortunately, he's looking bad because he's not willing to admit that this was the wrong place and wrong time for insensitive humor.

FAX
05-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I just want to throw this in there ... I found this whilst I was in hospital. It cheered me up.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2186059772069367099&q=stephen+stills&ei=jv0hSOHNAZ2mrALJtKHKAg&hl=en

EDIT: A better version!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7196736375803039444&ei=jv0hSOHNAZ2mrALJtKHKAg&hl=en

FAX

Frazod
05-07-2008, 02:10 PM

Just because we communicate through the internet doesn't mean we're characters in a video game, you stupid f#ck. I am a real person. Dartgod is a real person. PR is a real person, and the dog that got ran over was a real dog.

Do you think anything you hear on the phone isn't real because you're not hearing the speaker's actual voice?

Do you think anything you see on the news is made up because you're watching it on a TV screen?

Moron.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Just because we communicate through the internet doesn't mean we're characters in a video game, you stupid f#ck. I am a real person. Dartgod is a real person. PR is a real person, and the dog that got ran over was a real dog.

Do you think anything you hear on the phone isn't real because you're not hearing the speaker's actual voice?

Do you think anything you see on the news is made up because you're watching it on a TV screen?

Moron.
You misspelled moran.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 02:17 PM

If you were sitting in a bar and overheard a stranger telling another friend about how broken up he was over his dog's death, and the friend started quoting the Rainbow Bridge, would you interject with your opinion about how he was overreacting and that that poem was insipid?

Both are public places. I mean, if the guy doesn't want his feelings criticized, he shouldn't be spouting them in public where others can hear them, right?

Or is the BBS different BECAUSE we don't have to face the people we're mocking? Meaning, you feel empowered to give your unsolicited opinion precisely because you can't be held accountable for it like you could in real life.

I would never interfere in someone's private conversation.
If the people in the bar were talking to me about the rainbow bridge I would laugh my ****ing ass off.
On an intraweb bb it is assumed that everyone is talking to everyone else.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 02:18 PM
I think he has decency. He did apologize early on. Now he's arguing for the sake of arguing. Likely he's embarrassed and this is a defense mechanism. Unfortunately, he's looking bad because he's not willing to admit that this was the wrong place and wrong time for insensitive humor.

You haven't been here very long if you think anything on the intraweb could/would embarass me or put me on the defensive.
For god's sake that's like having emotions over a video game.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 02:19 PM

Moron.

Does your employer offer a comprehensive employee assistance program?
Have you explored the mental health benefits contained therein?

RedNeckRaider
05-07-2008, 02:21 PM

There is the problem the ability to hide behind a keyboard brings out the worst in some people. I have watched this debate most of the day and was surprised at vailpass and his stand as he has always seemed alright to me. I disagree with him but he has his hands full with frazod and dartgod along with a few others so I will just bystand lol.

siberian khatru
05-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I would never interfere in someone's private conversation.
If the people in the bar were talking to me about the rainbow bridge I would laugh my ****ing ass off.
On an intraweb bb it is assumed that everyone is talking to everyone else.

I still don't think that absolves the reader of responsibility to exercise tact or taste when responding. I do think it makes it easier to ignore that because you know you won't get punched in the nose. Thus, it lowers our inhibitions. I think that's a function of medium, but it's not indicative of an inherent moral or ethical line. In other words, just because you CAN do it doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

I wouldn't go out of my way to hurt anyone's feelings in a bar or a BBS, unless provoked first (although a search of the Planet archives may reveal that I have not always lived up to that credo). But that's just me.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I can see where you're coming from.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 02:27 PM
You misspelled moran.

Sorry. :D

CosmicPal
05-07-2008, 02:31 PM
If you disagree with me that is fine; don't tell me I am wrong just because you don't agree. Laughter in the face of tragedy is a perfectly natural coping mechanism. I don't want to bore you or myself by reviewing basic Behaviorial Psych principals but it is there for the reading if you really care.

Are you serious?

I tell you what. Do us all a favor and please post a thread when one of your loved one dies: friend, family, or pet. It doesn't matter. Just post it so that everyone can share a good laugh with you.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 02:31 PM
There is the problem the ability to hide behind a keyboard brings out the worst in some people. I have watched this debate most of the day and was surprised at vailpass and his stand as he has always seemed alright to me. I disagree with him but he has his hands full with frazod and dartgod along with a few others so I will just bystand lol.

He'd always seemed like a decent guy to me as well. Oh well.

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I still don't think that absolves the reader of responsibility to exercise tact or taste when responding. I do think it makes it easier to ignore that because you know you won't get punched in the nose. Thus, it lowers our inhibitions. I think that's a function of medium, but it's not indicative of an inherent moral or ethical line. In other words, just because you CAN do it doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

I wouldn't go out of my way to hurt anyone's feelings in a bar or a BBS, unless provoked first (although a search of the Planet archives may reveal that I have not always lived up to that credo). But that's just me.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I can see where you're coming from.

That just about lines it up for me. People tend to act in a much different demeanor on the net than they would just about anywhere else.

Freedom of speech is one thing, decorum and taste are another.

Dartgod
05-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I've never had a problem with vailpass either, so I too was surprised by this.

I've pretty much said all I have to say about the subject. I just hope I've opened vail's eyes to this issue and the next time one of these threads are posted, he either pass on his condolences or say nothing at all.

FAX
05-07-2008, 02:42 PM

I've always liked Mr. vailpass, as well, Mr. RedNeckRaider. So it is all a bit confounding. However, your post has fostered a theory. He has stated that humor is a natural coping mechanism when humans are dealing with death and is a noted "behaviorial psych principle" (although he spelled that wrong as heck).

Perhaps in Mr. vailpass's case, his deeply rooted psychological response to a tragedy is to piss off a bunch of people?

FAX

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 02:57 PM
He'd always seemed like a decent guy to me as well. Oh well.
i think he painted himself into the corner and maybe his pride wont let him say diffrent.

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 03:01 PM
i think he painted himself into the corner and maybe his pride wont let him say diffrent.

I think he acted inappropriately, knows that, and has tried to cover it under the guise of Freedom of Speech.

vail is a good guy, and a long time poster here. Whether he wants it or not, I'll cut him some slack on this one. We've ALL had our moments here on the Planet.......

Hog Farmer
05-07-2008, 03:02 PM

Moron.

LMAOLMAOLMAO This thread has me rolling on the floor! You people are ****ed up!!!!!! I guess I can see how if you live in a city and think all your food just comes from the grocery store you can get a ****ed up mentality like Frazod and Dartgod. But Jesus Christ, there ain't no doggy heaven. And to tell somebody how they should post, what they can say and can't say. Well **** you. If someone loses a loved one (human)I always send them a prayer. But a ****in dog!!!!!! I've had many dogs that have died and yes it can hurt, but I know they don't have a soul. There just a dead carcass and I get over it. This thread has really exposed the dumbasses that post here and its not sedated, vailpass or myself. You people live in a fantasy world!!!!

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I think he acted inappropriately, knows that, and has tried to cover it under the guise of Freedom of Speech.

vail is a good guy, and a long time poster here. Whether he wants it or not, I'll cut him some slack on this one. We've ALL had our moments here on the Planet.......

like i said pride. and some of us ummmm have had uh more than one moment.

RedNeckRaider
05-07-2008, 03:04 PM
I've always liked Mr. vailpass, as well, Mr. RedNeckRaider. So it is all a bit confounding. However, your post has fostered a theory. He has stated that humor is a natural coping mechanism when humans are dealing with death and is a noted "behaviorial psych principle" (although he spelled that wrong as heck).

Perhaps in Mr. vailpass's case, his deeply rooted psychological response to a tragedy is to piss off a bunch of people?

FAX

Well the internet is the best place to do it, as anywhere else it could be painful lol.

Frazod

I don't know. He certainly dug in, though.

And FTR, of course that rainbow bridge story is silly. That's not the point. The point is, you can know that it's silly and keep it to yourself when it is appropriate to do so.

MOhillbilly
LMAOLMAOLMAO This thread has me rolling on the floor! You people are ****ed up!!!!!! I guess I can see how if you live in a city and think all your food just comes from the grocery store you can get a ****ed up mentality like Frazod and Dartgod. But Jesus Christ, there ain't no doggy heaven. And to tell somebody how they should post, what they can say and can't say. Well **** you. If someone loses a loved one (human)I always send them a prayer. But a ****in dog!!!!!! I've had many dogs that have died and yes it can hurt, but I know they don't have a soul. There just a dead carcass and I get over it. This thread has really exposed the dumbasses that post here and its not sedated, vailpass or myself. You people live in a fantasy world!!!!

ive shot more dogs than anyone on the board and i thought it wasnt cool.

Hog Farmer
05-07-2008, 03:07 PM
ive shot more dogs than anyone on the board and i thought it wasnt cool.

I'm sorryto hear that!

FAX
05-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Some cultures believe that we are reincarnated into various life forms as we progress spiritually. Dog is just one of them. Just to be safe, it might be a good idea to consider that aspect, as well, Mr. Hog Farmer.

Besides, even if there isn't a doggie heaven, there should be.

FAX

Hog Farmer
05-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Some cultures believe that we are reincarnated into various life forms as we progress spiritually. Dog is just one of them. Just to be safe, it might be a good idea to consider that aspect, as well, Mr. Hog Farmer.

Besides, even if there isn't a doggie heaven, there should be.

FAX

I'll consider that:hmmm:

Ok , After much consideration I think those cultures are wrong.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 03:13 PM

I grew up in the country too, you piss stain. I've seen stray dogs shot just because they wouldn't go away and kept eating my dog's food. I've eaten things for lunch at noon that had still been alive at 11:00, so f#ck you. That's not the point. The point it there was no reason to crack on the silly little story in a condolances thread.

And you don't know who or what has a soul anymore than anybody else, so STFU. But if there is a heaven, I'd much rather run into an former pet there than some dick like you.

ChiTown
05-07-2008, 03:14 PM
I grew up in the country too, you piss stain. I've seen stray dogs shot just because they wouldn't go away and kept eating my dog's food. I've eaten things for lunch at noon that had still been alive at 11:00, so f#ck you. That's not the point. The point it there was no reason to crack on the silly little story in a condolances thread.

And you don't know who or what has a soul anymore than anybody else, so STFU. But if there is a heaven, I'd much rather run into an former pet there than some dick like you.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

highly entertaining............

Hog Farmer
05-07-2008, 03:16 PM

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: The strays ate all your dogs food, so you shot them and ate them :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm sorryto hear that!
i dont think any of you are bad guys but would you had said somethin like that if it was my dog?
granted i would have gone about it diffrent but still.

and i agree animals dont have souls and humans project emotions they feel into them, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt be treated with a certain amount of respect.

now live stock is diffrent you know that better than anyone. but if you lost half your stock youd probably feel about the same as someone who lost a pet. or something there about.

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 03:21 PM

you believe in the Christian god? just a question.

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 03:22 PM
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: The strays ate all your dogs food, so you shot them and ate them :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
i thought the same thing the first read through.

giggle.

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I have lived on a farm and killed lots of animals but dogs are different. I care more for my dogs than almost all the other animals. I hate putting them down. If that makes weird or ****ed up then so be it.

Jenson71
05-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Interesting counterpoint to Jenson's 'I got an effing B+' thread.

Yes, indeed. Although I was purposfully exaggerating, the issue and my feelings were real. And it was over something much less important than the death of what is basically a friend, despite the fact the friend is not human.

I wish the pile on would have been on me. pr_capone did not deserve the "suggestions" or whatever we want to call them.

RedNeckRaider
Yet another gear! the little thread that could.

Hog Farmer
i dont think any of you are bad guys but would you had said somethin like that if it was my dog?
granted i would have gone about it diffrent but still.

and i agree animals dont have souls and humans project emotions they feel into them, but that doesnt mean they shouldnt be treated with a certain amount of respect.

now live stock is diffrent you know that better than anyone. but if you lost half your stock youd probably feel about the same as someone who lost a pet. or something there about.

Yes , I don't discriminate! But you have a better sense about what the real world is all about than 99% of the posters here and you have enough sense to know that if you can't take a little jab on this BB then a dead dog story should be posted at www.Donthurtmyfeelingsbecausemydogisdead.com (http://www.Donthurtmyfeelingsbecausemydogisdead.com)

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I have lived on a farm and killed lots of animals but dogs are different. I care more for my dogs than almost all the other animals. I hate putting them down. If that makes weird or ****ed up then so be it.
i dont think its a question of love or hate.

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I wish the pile on would have been on me. .

I'll bet you do.

Jenson71
05-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I'll bet you do.

LMAO I don't think that could have been easier for you.

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
LMAO I don't think that could have been easier for you.

Thanks for teeing that one up for me.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 03:31 PM
i thought the same thing the first read through.

giggle.

My dog was lame and couldn't really defend itself or anything else. We had a couple of strays come around over the years that would eat its food. Grandma got tired of feeding an extra dog and told my uncle to get rid it. He did. That task never fell to me, which I'm grateful for, but if it had, I would have unhappily taken care of business.

As for the God part, I really have no idea. But considering what vile scum some human beings are, I figure if they can have souls, why not my old lame collie? Who knows?

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2008, 03:32 PM
My dog was lame and couldn't really defend itself or anything else. We had a couple of strays come around over the years that would eat its food. Grandma got tired of feeding an extra dog and told my uncle to get rid it. He did. That task never fell to me, which I'm grateful for, but if it had, I would have unhappily taken care of business.

As for the God part, I really have no idea. But considering what vile scum some human beings are, I figure if they can have souls, why not my old lame collie? Who knows?

If terroristme can have a soul anything can.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 03:33 PM
If terroristme can have a soul anything can.

My point exactly.

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes , I don't discriminate! But you have a better sense about what the real world is all about than 99% of the posters here and you have enough sense to know that if you can't take a little jab on this BB then a dead dog story should be posted at www.Donthurtmyfeelingsbecausemydogisdead.com (http://www.Donthurtmyfeelingsbecausemydogisdead.com)

i agree to a large extent but this thing would have been dead long ago if vail would have let it.

you know just as well as i that when it comes to things people are are passionate about it makes them sensative and a sore subject.

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 03:36 PM

dont have a problem what people do to or to defend there property.

as for the second part ive often wondered and find it a fascinating question.

Hog Farmer
05-07-2008, 03:38 PM
If you've read the Bible, it says in there somewhere, maybe page 317 or so. DOGS DO NOT HAVE SOULS. Especially dogs that belong to idiots like the one you had!!!!

Frazod
05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
If you've read the Bible, it says in there somewhere, maybe page 317 or so. DOGS DO NOT HAVE SOULS. Especially dogs that belong to idiots like the one you had!!!!

Oh goody, a theological debate with a tree stump. This should be fun.

FAX
05-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Exodus 11:7 - But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.

Apparently, Egyptians don't have souls, either. Dang.

FAX

88TG88
05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
In before the lock.

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 03:46 PM

i think your talking to zod.

but ive seen and read accounts where a dog would take hours of punishment and scratch of 4 broken legs. now somewhere in my mind ive thought 'man thats alot of heart' which would equate that maybe there something divine going on no matter how much others disagree. but then i think this is a dog bred to be the most aggressive on the block. the youre goona have ta kill me to make me quit cause this is my space and ill take my death to turn you away.

i tend to agree with the latter but sometimes on occasion ive wondered.

and i agree god gave man domain over all creatures but i think a lot of respect should go into it.
again its diffrent with livestock.

RedNeckRaider
Oh goody, a theological debate with a tree stump. This should be fun.
LMAO

RedNeckRaider
Exodus 11:7 - But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.

Apparently, Egyptians don't have souls, either. Dang.

FAX

LMAO

FAX
05-07-2008, 03:52 PM
History is rife with accounts of dogs saving people. They're kind of like dolphins in that respect. You never hear of pigs doing that. Or cats. Or ferrets, for that matter. If they don't have souls, why would they care? Clearly, the evidence indicates that dogs are superior to other animals and have big, furry souls.

FAX

sedated
05-07-2008, 03:54 PM
ive seen and read accounts where a dog would take hours of punishment and scratch of 4 broken legs. now somewhere in my mind ive thought 'man thats alot of heart' which would equate that maybe there something divine going on

maybe it's just stupidity.

Hog Farmer
05-07-2008, 03:56 PM
My Airbag saved my life once.. It must have a soul too! :drool:

FAX
05-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Wow. That one's teed up pretty well there, Mr. Hog Farmer. But, I'll pass.

Seriously, what do you have against dogs? Were you ravaged by Chiuauas as a child?

FAX

Frazod
05-07-2008, 04:03 PM
My Airbag saved my life once.

Lucky us.

:whackit:

Adept Havelock
05-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Seriously, what do you have against dogs? Were you ravaged by Chiuauas as a child?

FAX

I think he was raped by a pack of Yorkshire Terriers. To this day he still hears the yapping...

Hog Farmer
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Wow. That one's teed up pretty well there, Mr. Hog Farmer. But, I'll pass.

FAX

When I was young my father was a veternarian. My brother locked me in the Kennels one time with all the sick dogs that he was treating at the time and turned them loose on me. Some of them were really mean. I finally got out but not after many gashes and cuts. The only ones I could kill were the ones that were too weak to walk.

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 04:21 PM
maybe it's just stupidity.
could very well be.

MOhillbilly
05-07-2008, 04:22 PM
When I was young my father was a veternarian. My brother locked me in the Kennels one time with all the sick dogs that he was treating at the time and turned them loose on me. Some of them were really mean. I finally got out but not after many gashes and cuts. The only ones I could kill were the ones that were too weak to walk.
ROFL

El Jefe
05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I think he was raped by a pack of Yorkshire Terriers. To this day he still hears the yapping...

ROFL

Skip Towne
05-07-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure you people uderstand that Vailpass has the RIGHT to be a classless prick with no manners. His parents have failed in his upbringing.

vailpass
05-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Not sure why anyone thinks I have been out of character.
I saw some people piling on Sedated and Hog and defended their right to make those comments.
This board is well known for holding nothing sacred and you can expect a smart ass comment especially on serious subjects.
What is so radical about that?
Oh, and doggy heaven bridge is silly, I said that too.

Now Fraz has broken up with me, Dart won't play with at recess, and Skippy still won't give me an elevator hit off of his bong/metamucil injector.
How did it all go so wrong?

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Not sure why anyone thinks I have been out of character.
I saw some people piling on Sedated and Hog and defended their right to make those comments.
This board is well known for holding nothing sacred and you can expect a smart ass comment especially on serious subjects.
What is so radical about that?
Oh, and doggy heaven bridge is silly, I said that too.

Now Fraz has broken up with me, Dart won't play with at recess, and Skippy still won't give me an elevator hit off of his bong/metamucil injector.
How did it all go so wrong?

just can't let it go can ya?

FAX
05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
ROLOTFLing.

So what have we learned? 1) Mr. Hog Farmer is much like Tarzan whose gorilla family was attacked by lions killing his gorilla mom and sponsoring a deep-seated animosity toward lions throughout his life until he eventually learned the language of simba and together they wiped out the poachers and saved the lost city of gold, 2) No subject on the Planet is sacred or off-limits to inappropriate and abrasive commentary, 3) Dogs are more likely than invertebrates to have souls although the question has yet to be fully resolved, and 4) Mr. Skip Towne is the proud owner of a cool, multipurpose bong. I think that's about it.

FAX

bogey
05-07-2008, 04:54 PM
ROLOTFLing.

So what have we learned? 1) Mr. Hog Farmer is much like Tarzan whose gorilla family was attacked by lions killing his gorilla mom and sponsoring a deep-seated animosity toward lions throughout his life until he eventually learned the language of simba and together they wiped out the poachers and saved the lost city of gold, 2) No subject on the Planet is sacred or off-limits to inappropriate and abrasive commentary, 3) Dogs are more likely than invertebrates to have souls although the question has yet to be fully resolved, and 4) Mr. Skip Towne is the proud owner of a cool, multipurpose bong. I think that's about it.

FAX

And vailpass is hard headed.

Al Bundy
05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
pr I sure am sorry about your dog. I lost 2 cats 2 months ago. I have also lost 2 dogs as well.
Sedated = http://www.bridleandbit.com/artman/uploads/horses-ass.jpg

jspchief
05-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I know I'm arriving awefully late to the party to be tossing in an opinion, but....

Someone referenced the "death of a pet" thread as a type of a funeral or something of the sort. The problem is, the funeral was held in a crowded public place. And while there may be a lot of friends in that place, there are also a lot of complete strangers. Common sense tells us that a crowd of starngers is bound to have a few assholes that won't be able to resist the urge to put their act on display.

Personally this entire event seems to follow typical Planet protocol.

1. You bare your soul or let something personal slip, and it's only a matter of time before someone uses it to take a shot at you.

2. You are (for the most part) free to say whatever you want around here. However, keep in mind that you aren't protected from backlash. This place has always had a knack for weeding out the dickholes without having to resort to locked threads and bans (typically).

3. The threads that people are the most outraged over are typically the ones no one can leave alone long enough for it to drop into the obscurity of page 2.

I'm sorry for PRcapone's loss. Last week I put my dog to sleep and it has been infinitely more difficult to handle than I anticipated. That being said, he probably should have known better than to bare his soul on the internet if he wasn't capable of dealing with the trash that internet anonymity brings out.

As for the rest of the Planet, it's just doing what it does.

siberian khatru
05-07-2008, 05:12 PM

Nobody questioned their "right" to post here. But their insensitivity did provoke a harsh response. Isn't that how it works with free speech? IMO, Sedated and Hog got what they deserved, and they shouldn't have been surprised to get that kind of reaction given the thread topic. In fact, I don't think they needed you to defend them -- they knew what they were doing and didn't care.

Seems to me you saw an opportunity to join the fun and yank some chains. Now, someone DID suggest your posts should be deleted or something to that effect, which WOULD infringe on your "right" to post here. I would not support an effort to silence you.

Again, this isn't about "rights," but about taste and tact. You are completely within your rights to post what you want here -- but don't act like an aggrieved party if somebody calls you out on your boorishness. Criticism is not the same as censorship. I think you (and Sedated and Hog) are wrong for what you said, or how you said it, but I don't think you all should be deleted or banned.

:)

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2008, 05:41 PM

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really.

At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking.

I suggest you try it.

Moobs
05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
ITT: ChiefsPlanet cliques.

Short Leash Hootie
05-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Agreed.

If you can be a dick about some topics, you should be able to be a dick about all topics...

Short Leash Hootie
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Horseshit.

Hysterical.

You call people names and blast people all of the time...you can't pick and choose when the planet is a 'community'...

Frazod
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Agreed.

If you can be a dick about some topics, you should be able to be a dick about all topics...

Big shock you feel this way. :rolleyes:

Frazod
05-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Hysterical.

You call people names and blast people all of the time...you can't pick and choose when the planet is a 'community'...

You still butthurt from the other day? Sorry I was so rough on you, sweetie.

Short Leash Hootie
05-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I think it's hilarious people get offended over ANYTHING...if someone says something you don't like...get over it! Jesus...people are such pussies these days...I could be dying of cancer...you can walk up to my face and say "haha you are dying of cancer" and I'd probably laugh and say, "yeah, you're right..."

People get butthurt way too easily...if someone pisses you off the worst thing you can do is show them they pissed you off because then you are letting them win...

Jenson71
05-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I think it's hilarious people get offended over ANYTHING...if someone says something you don't like...get over it! Jesus...people are such pussies these days...I could be dying of cancer...you can walk up to my face and say "haha you are dying of cancer" and I'd probably laugh and say, "yeah, you're right..."

People get butthurt way too easily...if someone pisses you off the worst thing you can do is show them they pissed you off because then you are letting them win...

Could you please refrain from using the Lord's name in vain? It would make my chiefsplanet viewing much more pleasurable. Have a good day!

Short Leash Hootie
05-07-2008, 07:52 PM
You still butthurt from the other day? Sorry I was so rough on you, sweetie.

Oh yeah, you were real rough on me...I mocked you the whole time and you didn't even get it because you have little common sense...

I don't give a shit who likes me, who doesn't like me, who thinks I'm a moron, who disagrees with my opinions on the Chiefs, etc...

The fact that anyone even cares about something dumb that moron sedated said is hilarious...especially when this place posts news all the time about something dying or a 14 year old girl losing a leg on a Six Flags ride etc... and all everyone does is crack jokes...

If you don't want SOMEONE saying something inappropriate, don't share your vulnerability with this site...plain and simple.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM

So are you dying of cancer?

Short Leash Hootie
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Could you please refrain from using the Lord's name in vain? It would make my chiefsplanet viewing much more pleasurable. Have a good day!

REP