PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet: an internet community, or just another website?

Frazod
05-07-2008, 06:35 PM
In light of today's antics, I'm curious to see where people stand.

Poll to follow.

Silock
05-07-2008, 06:37 PM
There were antics? WTF happened?

VonneMarie
05-07-2008, 06:37 PM
What happened today?

Mr. Laz
05-07-2008, 06:38 PM
no poll ........... liar,liar!!!!!!!!!!!111

bogey
05-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Looking forward to the poll.

Count Zarth
We're definitely a community. A dysfunctional one.

Skip Towne
What happened today?

See the Mourning for Pets thread.

DaFace
05-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I don't often look forward to meeting the people who use "other web sites," so I'd definitely lean toward the "community" side.

Oh, and I got my job because of a contact here, so that probably sways my opinion a bit.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 06:42 PM
no poll ........... liar,liar!!!!!!!!!!!111

I had to edit down my verbage, dammit. Cool your jets.

Hydrae
05-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Looking forward to the poll.

NTTIAWWT :)

BigRedChief
05-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't often look forward to meeting the people who use "other web sites," so I'd definitely lean toward the "community" side.

Oh, and I got my job because of a contact here, so that probably sways my opinion a bit.
And he was one of the cool kids too

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 06:45 PM
It's always been a community to me. I know a lot about a lot of you, and vice versa.

A few retards don't change that.

bogey
05-07-2008, 06:46 PM
It's a community, I would party with you all. Hopefully, someday I'll get to.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 06:47 PM
It's always been a community to me. I know a lot about a lot of you, and vice versa.

A few retards don't change that.Yep.

The familiarity with the people here makes it feel like "online" home. I post a bit on an MMA forum, and it's not nearly as enjoyable. It's just not the same.

Moobs
05-07-2008, 06:47 PM
It's a clique-based community.

Reerun_KC
05-07-2008, 06:51 PM
I consider everyone good friends here...

I have met some of you and watched games...

Heck even helped one members family through 4 weeks of harvest season last year...

Donger
05-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Why is there no "Other" option?

Frazod
05-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Why is there no "Other" option?

Hey, if you don't like it, make your own poll, Oil Boy. :p

kcfan82
05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
From a newbies perspective I found this board off of ESPN and I haven't been back since. I'd be interested in meeting some people at a Chiefs tailgate this year, if I can drink all of your beer?

Jenson71
05-07-2008, 07:00 PM
From day one I have always viewed this place as a community coping courageously with the fact they have been rejected by normal, civilized society.

Silock
05-07-2008, 07:01 PM
I voted for the second option. I know a few people from here, but that's not going to keep me from razzing them on here. It wouldn't significantly affect my life if CP did not exist.

Reerun_KC
05-07-2008, 07:03 PM
From a newbies perspective I found this board off of ESPN and I haven't been back since. I'd be interested in meeting some people at a Chiefs tailgate this year, if I can drink all of your beer?
Most Chiefs fans dont drink, they frown upon it at the stadium as well..

You will NEVER catch a Chiefs fan drinking and driving home from a Sunday game.... They dont want to end up like Jarred Allen..

BigRedChief
05-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Of course its a commuity. Some are more committed to the community and some just live in the burbs and just come to to town for supplies like Chief news.

I'e met many people in person from the Planet. Probably over a 100 or soem number like that. I think that makes a big difference. I met pr capone last year at a game. Met some of his family and friends. When he posts that his dog died it may effect me differently than if I had never met him in person. Thats just human nature.

I think that when I first joined here I was kind of agressive also. Maybe some posters think the intraweb gives them the freedom to post whatever they want to say whatever they want.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Wait, what? You must have met different people than I did. :)

Donger
Didn't Jonestown technically classify as a "community"?

KcMizzou
From day one I have always viewed this place as a community coping courageously with the fact they have been rejected by normal, civilized society.Heheh, yeah. Freaks of a feather...

kcfan82
05-07-2008, 07:06 PM

You will NEVER catch a Chiefs fan drinking and driving home from a Sunday game.... They dont want to end up like Jarred Allen..

Oh yeah, I forgot.... I usually get a cab home from Arrowhead after 6-7 hours of drinking ......

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Heheh, yeah. Freaks of a feather...No, we're actually sad, lonely, frustrated people who hate our lives coming together to spread our misery. It's like a suicide helpline where all you hear is "do it, I dare you".

Reerun_KC
Wait, what? You must have met different people than I did. :)
Just making lite of all the JA drinking and driving Hypocrisy from Chiefs planet members.

Reerun_KC
Oh yeah, I forgot.... I usually get a cab home from Arrowhead after 6-7 hours of drinking ......
ROFL

kcfan82
05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Just making lite of all the JA drinking and driving Hypocrisy from Chiefs planet members.

It happens..... I probably had more friends with DUI's in my 20's than people who didn't.

I'm not saying it's right, but some people do some stupid things in their 20's, and ummmm..... early 30's.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
No, we're actually sad, lonely, frustrated people who hate our lives coming together to spread our misery. It's like a suicide helpline where all you hear is "do it, I dare you, have some antifreeze".

FYP

big nasty kcnut
05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
This is a family to me one day i hope rain man tell me about market research and skip help me get a hd rec. For my direct tv bwana teach me how to hunt with a knife jenny and vonnie help me overcome my fear of rejection and the rest of you tell me if im a good person

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
This is a family to me one day i hope rain man tell me about market research and skip help me get a hd rec. For my direct tv bwana teach me how to hunt with a knife jenny and vonnie help me overcome my fear of rejection and the rest of you tell me if im a good personNow there's a man with a plan. :D

You know we love ya, 'nut. LMAO

VonneMarie
05-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Now there's a man with a plan. :D

You know we love ya, 'nut. LMAO

That don't sound right at all. :evil:

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
That don't sound right at all. :evil:Yeah... I really need to learn to be more careful about what I say around here. And at work. And around my brothers.

Jenson71
05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
This place used to be a community. But then the nite crew threads stopped and Phobia left.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I've only met 1 member from this board, and he referred me to sign up. (Thanks Madmax) Otherwise, I'd have to say it's a combination of 1 and 2. It's still the internet too me, but there a select few that I've developed friendly relations with. Like enough so that if I lived in that part of the country I'm confident I'd hang out with some of you. You matter. But it's still the intertubes.

VonneMarie
05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah... I really need to learn to be more careful about what I say around here. And at work. And around my brothers.

LMAO

milkman
05-07-2008, 07:26 PM
This is a family to me one day i hope rain man tell me about market research and skip help me get a hd rec. For my direct tv bwana teach me how to hunt with a knife jenny and vonnie help me overcome my fear of rejection and the rest of you tell me if im a good person

Speaking of learning from others here, is there an English teacher in the community?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I've only met 1 member from this board, and he referred me to sign up. (Thanks Madmax) Otherwise, I'd have to say it's a combination of 1 and 2. It's still the internet too me, but there a select few that I've developed friendly relations with. Like enough so that if I lived in that part of the country I'm confident I'd hang out with some of you. You matter. But it's still the intertubes.

P.S And PR is one of them. That dude and I would be good friends if we lived in the same city. That's why I for one, went a bit apeshit when people started shitting on him during a grief ridden time in his life.

milkman
05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
This place used to be a community. But then the nite crew threads stopped and Phobia left.

I balme it on John Goodman's death.

RIP.

Reerun_KC
05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Speaking of learning from others here, is there an English teacher in the community?
:shake: For crying out loud, it is a freaking internet message board..

Just be thankfull you have spell checker...

milkman
05-07-2008, 07:31 PM
:shake: For crying out loud, it is a freaking internet message board..

Just be thankfull you have spell checker...

I do?

Where?

Is it a program on my computer?

I'm computer illiterate and and don't know where to find spell checker.

milkman
05-07-2008, 07:32 PM
P.S And PR is one of them. That dude and I would be good friends if we lived in the same city. That's why I for one, went a bit apeshit when people started shitting on him during a grief ridden time in his life.

I opened the thread and saw what the subject matter is, but didn't read through it.

I'm assuming someone made light of his loss, and that is just rude and insensitve.

Chief Wiggum
05-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Wait a second, wait a second, just wait... This isn't a Carl Peterson support group? My whole world has changed.

On a more serious note, I voted for the second option. In time I can see option 1 being the case, but I just haven't been around long enough to "bond."

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I opened the thread and saw what the subject matter is, but didn't read through it.

I'm assuming someone made light of his loss, and that is just rude and insensitve.

He posted a bunch of pictures, told everyone he was crying his eyes out and was devastated, and Sedated decided to pop in and ask if the fat guy with the tattoos died. It was tactless, tasteless, and something else negative that starts with a t. It escalated from there.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I do?

Where?

Is it a program on my computer?

I'm computer illiterate and and don't know where to find spell checker.I don't know how, but I've got one... if I type something with a red dotted line beneath it, I'd better give it another look.

Must be a firefox feature.

milkman
05-07-2008, 07:36 PM
He posted a bunch of pictures, told everyone he was crying his eyes out and was devastated, and Sedated decided to pop in and ask if the fat guy with the tattoos died. It was tactless, tasteless, and something else negative that starts with a t. It escalated from there.

Sedated is a useless mother****er who needs someone to kick his ass.

Ari Chi3fs
05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
It is a website community. Some are douchier than others. MUrons and KSUcks normally count as 3/5ths a poster though, IMO.

ROFL

I am kidding, of course. I have found that I am less douchier when I don't have to read Frazod's diatribe. He spits more hate and venom than most on here, which is one of the main reasons I'm such a douche on here. But, without Fatbald on my monitor, I think life on CP will be a better ride.

Part of my personality is to verbal banter with people, and it sometimes goes over the line. But, the majority of it is in good fun.

Being intentionally hurtful to someone who just lost a pet or a family member is supremely doucheish and something that Teh Douch3 doesn't participate in. It's mean. Mean=not teh funnay.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
It is a website community. Some are douchier than others. MUrons and KSUcks normally count as 3/5ths a poster though, IMO.

ROFL

I am kidding, of course. I have found that I am less douchier when I don't have to read Frazod's diatribe. He spits more hate and venom than most on here, which is one of the main reasons I'm such a douche on here. But, without Fatbald on my monitor, I think life on CP will be a better ride.

Part of my personality is to verbal banter with people, and it sometimes goes over the line. But, the majority of it is in good fun.

Being intentionally hurtful to someone who just lost a pet or a family member is supremely doucheish and something that Teh Douch3 doesn't participate in. It's mean. Mean=not teh funnay.

And here I was being so complimentary of you for getting us that Cards prefix. And then you get all hateful on me. :deevee:

It should be noted that we don't have to get along to be part of the community. I hate this whiny little bitch as much as anybody on the BB, but he's undoubtedly a part of the place.

Ari Chi3fs
05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
This message is hidden because frazod is a bigger douch3 than you. ROFL.

Frazod
05-07-2008, 08:16 PM
This message is hidden because frazod is a bigger douch3 than you. ROFL.

Whatever. We both know you won't keep me on ignore.

Rain Man
05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
What antics? I'm a member of the community, but I'm a clueless member of the community.

Buehler445
05-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I chose community. I'm still a n00b, but the people on here I have met are class folks. I try to stay away from teh douch3s.

I don't get too frisky with giving people shit, or saying I hope their families die or shit like that. I just don't see the value, and typically move out of the thread when that starts.

Reerun_KC
05-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I chose community. I'm still a n00b, but the people on here I have met are class folks. I try to stay away from teh douch3s.

I don't get too frisky with giving people shit, or saying I hope their families die or shit like that. I just don't see the value, and typically move out of the thread when that starts.
I hope your tractor gets a flat!

ROFL

el borracho
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Web-based community. Probably nothing that happens here will affect my real life but there is some measure of caring here, even if I never meet any of you face-to-face.

milkman
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM

Shut up n00b.

Reerun_KC
05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Shut up n00b.
LMAO

Nzoner
05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Seeing that I've hosted at least 100 planeteeers in my gameroom in the last 4 years it's definitely a community.I've made some great friendships here and traveled hundreds of miles myself just to hang out with the likes of Bob Dole.

BigRedChief
05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Web-based community. Probably nothing that happens here will affect my real life but there is some measure of caring here, even if I never meet any of you face-to-face.
No jaggerbombs for you pal!:harumph:

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I hope your tractor gets a flat!

ROFL
Oh man, them is fightin' words up here in these parts. :shake:

cdcox
05-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I spend way too much time here not to consider it something of a community.

By nature and nurture, I'm not one to share my most personal issues on a public forum, but understand and empathize with those that do. FWIW, I'm reluctant to share much personal stuff even in my RL communities too.

I miss certain posters that don't come around as much or at all, and think about different posters at times when I'm not online. I guess that is the real test.

For better or (more likely) worse, ChiefsPlanet is a signficant part of my life.

Reerun_KC
05-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh man, them is fightin' words up here in these parts. :shake:
I am just messing with Beuhler....

I spent a month driving a tractor for his incredibility nice and generious family last fall...

They are some of the sweetest down to earth people you will ever meet!

Joie
05-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Definitely a community. I genuinely care about many of the posters here (hell, I'm marrying one of them :) ) You all have gotten me through many bored nights and provided support when my Dad was sick.

But, we must remember, every community has a Village Idiot.

el borracho
05-07-2008, 08:59 PM
No jaggerbombs for you pal!:harumph:

I've upset you? What did I say?

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Yep, that's why we let you hang around.

dirk digler
05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
It is definitely a community and I have met some pretty cool people here.

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Yep, that's why we let you hang around.

Gawd Damned Nebraskan.

You let me hang around because I have titties, and the majority of you still hope that one day I'll post a picture of them. :rolleyes:

BigRedChief
05-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I've upset you? What did I say?
You have to share a jaggerbomb in person. You are never going to meet anyone face to face hence no jaggerbombs.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Gawd Damned Nebraskan.

You let me hang around because I have titties, and the majority of you still hope that one day I'll post a picture of them. :rolleyes:About that... what's the damned hold-up, anyway?

:)

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Gawd Damned Nebraskan.

You let me hang around because I have titties, and the majority of you still hope that one day I'll post a picture of them. :rolleyes:

Damn, who told you?

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:06 PM
About that... what's the damned hold-up, anyway?

I show 'em and you'll make me leave. I like it here.

Buehler445
05-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Gawd Damned Nebraskan.

Alright, who told her??!

beach tribe
05-07-2008, 09:07 PM
This is the only place I ever or have ever frequently posted.

I grew up in TN before the Titans arrived, and was alone in my love of the Chiefs.

I don't really know anyone here personally, but this is a Chiefs community without question.

milkman
05-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Definitely a community. I genuinely care about many of the posters here (hell, I'm marrying one of them :) ) You all have gotten me through many bored nights and provided support when my Dad was sick.

In this case, that would be "Idiots.

milkman
05-07-2008, 09:08 PM
About that... what's the damned hold-up, anyway?

I'm guessing underwire?

Braincase
Where's the option for "It's a family, and sometimes, when he's not looking, I piss in my little brother's cheerios."?

Reerun_KC
Alright, who told her??!
Alright keep your Man tits to yourself!

Rain Man

No, at that point we just start asking about genitalia.

beach tribe
05-07-2008, 09:09 PM

You gatta give us a taste, and make us beg for more.

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:09 PM
In this case, that would be "Idiots.

Very true. We do seem to have more than our share of Village Idiots.

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
You gatta give us a taste, and make us beg for more.

But, honey, I got you begging nowo:-)

el borracho
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
You have to share a jaggerbomb in person. You are never going to meet anyone face to face hence no jaggerbombs.

:deevee:

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
No, at that point we just start asking about genitalia.LMAO

Yeah. We're greedy bastards.

FAX
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Even though I haven't met any posters personally (so far as I know), I think I'll vote community. Except I do think it would be more like a community if we had a city hall, a baptist church, a couple of decent bars, and a whorehouse.

FAX

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Even though I haven't met any posters personally (so far as I know), I think I'll vote community. Except I do think it would be more like a community if we had a city hall, a baptist church, a couple of decent bars, and a whorehouse.

FAXI think we have all of those. The problem is, the people from one.. keep invading the other.

beach tribe
05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
But, honey, I got you begging nowo:-)

Touche.

I'll show you mine.

el borracho
05-07-2008, 09:21 PM

FAX

city hall- lounge
baptist church- girly thread
bars-lounge
whorehouse-D.C. forum

A little unconventional to have the bars right in city hall but I think it is workable situation.

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Touche.

I'll show you mine.

But I don't want to see yours......:evil:

beach tribe
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
But I don't want to see yours......:evil:

:LOL:

KC Jones
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I rarely participate anymore - so for me it's really not much of a community any more. I do stop in nearly every day to scan through the threads and see if there's anything good to read. I've had the pleasure to meet a handful of planeteers and they all seemed like good people - you'd hardly even suspect them of being serial killers or anything like that.

boogblaster
05-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Went with the news BB ... But if I ever get to KC I'd party with you'll, thus the community vote would've been it ...

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Went with the news BB ... But if I ever get to KC I'd party with you'll, thus the community vote would've been it ...Hell, I'd buy you a beer or three, boog.

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I rarely participate anymore - so for me it's really not much of a community any more. I do stop in nearly every day to scan through the threads and see if there's anything good to read. I've had the pleasure to meet a handful of planeteers and they all seemed like good people - you'd hardly even suspect them of being serial killers or anything like that.

So you're the community Peeping Tom

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Gawd Damned Nebraskan.

LMAO I'm married, but I love you.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 09:34 PM
LMAO I'm married, but I love you.She's feisty, aint she?

Joie
05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
LMAO I'm married, but I love you.

I'm engaged, but it's always nice to know I'm loved.

Count Zarth
05-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I think about different posters at times when I'm not online.

So do you jerk it to Jenny Gump or Kchiefsqt?

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
There aren't many of us who don't have titties. If there was such a thing as a man-bra, they'd probably pay a mint to get a banner at the top of the planet.

evolve27
05-07-2008, 11:46 PM
The chat feature has brought this community much closer in the past few hours due to it's spike in popularity.

KC Jones
05-08-2008, 07:12 AM
So you're the community Peeping Tom

[runs away and dives in the neighbors bushes]

BTW - I just noticed that when I checked the poll results Rain Man was in bold. Is this due to his uberpoll supremacy?

DaFace
05-08-2008, 07:37 AM
[runs away and dives in the neighbors bushes]

BTW - I just noticed that when I checked the poll results Rain Man was in bold. Is this due to his uberpoll supremacy?

It's a Kyle experiment in progress. People who donate to the server are put into a new usergroup called "supporters" that get a bold name and a couple of other, very minor privileges.

Dartgod
05-08-2008, 07:38 AM
So do you jerk it to Jenny Gump or Kchiefsqt?
Probably BakedBeans4me

Reerun_KC
05-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Hell, I'd buy you a beer or three, boog.
And I would you if you are ever down this way...

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 08:05 AM

Is that the one you picked to marry?

:p

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 08:07 AM
It's a Kyle experiment in progress. People who donate to the server are put into a new usergroup called "supporters" that get a bold name and a couple of other, very minor privileges.

very minor privileges?
Don't make me flag you!
:cuss:

kepp
05-08-2008, 08:17 AM
I would say it's more of an internet trailer park, but that's not an option in the poll.

chasedude
05-08-2008, 08:27 AM
I was wondering if a thread like this would pop up some day.

I chose the first option. I've been coming to this board for nearly 3 years now, I've never posted to a BB that long before. Simply Red got me into here, good guy I consider a friend. I used to buy printer supplies from him back in the day we talked Chiefs all the time. He told me about this board and I signed up, still here.

I see way better analysis of football from some of the posters on here than some of those so-called professional sportscasters. I've meet a couple other posters on here in person and wouldn't mind meeting more. I think I'll make to the next bash Nzoner throws :D.

There are always going to be those individuals that have to rock the boat, but there are the others that make the ride worth while.

sedated
05-08-2008, 08:32 AM
This place holds a special place in my heart, since its the first community I haven't had to register with when I moved in. That door-to-door thing is embarrassing.

DaFace
05-08-2008, 08:40 AM
very minor privileges?
Don't make me flag you!
:cuss:

Ha...go right ahead and try. :p

Reerun_KC
05-08-2008, 08:41 AM

I think she was talking aobut you....ROFL

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Ha...go right ahead and try. :p

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="25%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Infractions (Active / Total)</TD><TD noWrap>1 / 1</TD></TR><TR><TD>Points</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR><TD>Warnings</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Infraction Level</LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="75%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="45%">Title</TD><TD align=middle width="10%">Points</TD><TD align=middle width="15%">Expires</TD><TD noWrap width="10%">Warning</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_5><INPUT id=il_5 tabIndex=1 type=radio CHECKED value=5 name=infractionlevelid>False Thread Title or fake news</LABEL></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[5]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_4><INPUT id=il_4 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=4 name=infractionlevelid>Inappropriate Language</LABEL></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[4]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_3><INPUT id=il_3 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=3 name=infractionlevelid>Signature Rule Violation</LABEL></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[3]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_1><INPUT id=il_1 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=1 name=infractionlevelid>Spammed Advertisements</LABEL></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[1]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_2><INPUT id=il_2 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=2 name=infractionlevelid>Threatened Other Member(s)</LABEL></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[2]></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET>

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I think she was talking aobut you....ROFL

Now you I can flag! - flyboy....

Reerun_KC
05-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Now you I can flag! - flyboy....

Internet Bully!

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Internet Bully!

:harumph: yeah, so....

Reerun_KC
05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
:harumph: yeah, so....
Engarde you filthy peasant!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies3/engarde.gif

seclark
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
community, but i bag on people. of course i bag on people in my real life community. i usually lay off for awhile after someone beats the $hit out of me.
sec

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Engarde you filthy peasant!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies3/engarde.gif

Step on the piste, you panzy, Tally-ho!

CosmicPal
05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I came here for the porn. When it dawned on me there wasn't any porn, I stuck around to see what everyone was blabbering about. Turns out this place was more entertaining than watching three Asian chicks tickle each other with chopsticks.

So, at first it was just another website for me. But, it soon became an internet community. I don't always agree with what my neighbors say in this community, I do appreciate what everyone brings to the community.

I've been lucky enough to meet a few peeps from the board, but I do want to say this: There are a few of you who have been very supportive of me and I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciated the kind words and the fact that some of you showed genuine concern for me in the past. I will never forget that. And that, my friends, makes this a community.

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 10:30 AM
....Turns out this place was more entertaining than watching three Asian chicks tickle each other with chopsticks.

Proof?

acesn8s
05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Step on the piste, you panzy, Tally-ho!Why do I envision you like this now?

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Why do I envision you like this now?

Because you have fantasies of seeing me dancing in tights?
:thailor:

NTTAWWT

Reerun_KC
05-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Step on the piste, you panzy, Tally-ho!
Awe screw it!
Fire away!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/bigun2.gif

Reerun_KC
05-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Because you have fantasies of seeing me dancing in tights?
:thailor:

NTTAWWT

CC = http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/supergay.gif

crazycoffey
05-08-2008, 12:48 PM

wow, big time limp wrist.....
NTTAWWT.

Bill Parcells
05-08-2008, 01:14 PM

ROFL

kindra68
05-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I don’t know if I should be a part of the community or just keep lurking

Rain Man
05-08-2008, 01:21 PM
This place is a community, albeit in the same way that "Lord of the Flies" was a community.

burt
05-08-2008, 01:51 PM
There are a few of you who have been very supportive of me

once again......underwire?

Braincase
05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
The words "asylum", "group home" and "halfway house" come to mind.

headsnap
05-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I voted for the first one, but in all reality CP for me now is somewhere between 1 and 2... trending towards 2.

In the old days of CP it was definitely a community, it was like heading down to the neighborhood pub and having conversations, whatever topic you wanted to discuss at the bar you could bring up. Now it's like an evening at the YMCA with the sports room over there, the politics freaks in another room, the band geeks in yet another room.

For me, at least, the character and fun of this place went when it became segregated.

Frazod
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
For me, at least, the character and fun of this place went when it became segregated.

You really miss two-thirds of the front page being political threads in an election year? Seriously..... :shake:

Bob Dole
05-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I donít know if I should be a part of the community or just keep lurking

Do we get to vote on it?

Tribal Warfare
05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
It's both a community and another BB in my eyes, I love all the topics, but at the same time I don't get too emotionally involved like some around here.

headsnap
05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
You really miss two-thirds of the front page being political threads in an election year? Seriously..... :shake:

I miss having heated arguments with a planeteer in one thread and cheering him in the next. That WAS the great thing about this place.

The important/interesting threads always found their way to the top.

Off Topics don't offend me in the slightest! Don't like it, don't click on it!!! JMO..

headsnap
05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
also...

back then we were more than primarily a football board, it was a COMMUNITY. ;)

Frazod
05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I miss having heated arguments with a planeteer in one thread and cheering him in the next. That WAS the great thing about this place.

The important/interesting threads always found their way to the top.

Off Topics don't offend me in the slightest! Don't like it, don't click on it!!! JMO..

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Nobody pushed harder than me to get the politicos banished to another plane, and I'm still thrilled with the results.

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Nobody pushed harder than me to get the politicos banished to another plane, and I'm still thrilled with the results.
I, for one, can't thank you enough for that.

Chief Wiggum
05-08-2008, 06:35 PM
I, for one, can't thank you enough for that.

Agreed. I haven't been around the Planet as long as most on this site, but I hate having to wade through the "XYZ is a Ass and is a Bigot" threads. Not saying these people don't have a point, but I don't come here for political/religious/morality debates. I come here for Chiefs news, conjecture, and debate (primarily) and enjoy reading the planet/poop/funny threads as well. I don't think I've ever once gone into the DC forum - have no want to...people here are set in their ways - what makes me think debating with them on hours at end is going to change that? Not to say there shouldn't be a place to do that here, but why should the majority have to wade through it when the primary reason they are here is for the Chiefs.

JMO.

Spott
05-08-2008, 06:41 PM

I'm glad that they took those discussions to a separate forum where they belonged. This board used to be untolerable when it got overloaded with a bunch of people wanting to argue over religion and politics.

FAX
05-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I think the community should invest in state-of-the-art port-a-potties. With a state-of-the-art port-a-pottie on every corner, we can attract new businesses, increase taxes, and build more schools and bars and whorehouses.

FAX

smittysbar
05-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I have partied at a couple of MU Games with some here. Fraz stopped by the bar on Superbowl Sunday, and am hoping to meet several more in the future. X-Factor and Evis told me about this place when I was talking to them at training camp. Had posted at ESPN and NEPA, but this place is by far superior. I would say as much some hang out that post here it would have to be considered a community.

Joie
05-08-2008, 07:45 PM

No, but you seem to want to apply for the Village Idiot job :p

headsnap
05-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Agreed. I haven't been around the Planet as long as most on this site, but I hate having to wade through the "XYZ is a Ass and is a Bigot" threads. Not saying these people don't have a point, but I don't come here for political/religious/morality debates. I come here for Chiefs news, conjecture, and debate (primarily) and enjoy reading the planet/poop/funny threads as well. I don't think I've ever once gone into the DC forum - have no want to...people here are set in their ways - what makes me think debating with them on hours at end is going to change that? Not to say there shouldn't be a place to do that here, but why should the majority have to wade through it when the primary reason they are here is for the Chiefs.

JMO.

This post makes my point.

Before this was a community that was held together mostly by a common love for the Chiefs. Now it's basically a football forum just like all the others on the interwebs.

again, this is JMO and in my advanced years I have come to the realization that I am a statistical outlier in most everything I do and in the end my opinion doesn't really count... :)