PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Anybody catch tonight's Ultimate Fighter?

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I've had trouble getting into this season, but this ep was great. I won't give results away, but for once we got had two fights, both of them interesting: an asshole (Jeremy May) vs an asskicker (Matt Brown; one of the fighters early in the show: "My prediction is Matt Brown....by murder"), and a real good fight to end the show. One at the end was great in part because it was two nice guys who basically beat the shit out of each other once the bell rang, and after it was over, the winner walked into the loser's locker room and congratulated him on a great fight. Rare bit of sportsmanship in this day and age...

Third Eye
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I've enjoyed this season. Not because of the fights, but instead because Rampage is freakin' hilarious.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
KC Mizzou in 3................2............................1..............

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Rampage has been a lot of fun.

I think for me the whole concept of the series has gotten stale. And there are fights all over the place now, it's not like when the show started...

I think they realize that, as well, since they tried changing the format at the start of the season (which I didn't like, but I'll credit them for trying; it was a good idea in theory, if not execution).

It may have just run its course.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Yep... best episode of the season so far. (That's why I quit posting for an hour)

Even the winner of that first fight shook the other guy's hand and said, "It's squashed." And man, did he ever have a grudge before that.

That second fight... it looked to me like they both totally gassed early on. Neither guy had the strength left to finish the other guy. Those punches looked like they were in slow motion.

Great episode, though. Two fights in one night. More fighting, and less reality TV is alright by me.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
KC Mizzou in 3................2............................1..............LMAO

I'm predictable, eh?

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Two fights next week, too, it looks like. And then the last one the week after.

KcMizzou
05-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I've enjoyed this season. Not because of the fights, but instead because Rampage is freakin' hilarious.Rampage and Forrest are both great.

But yeah... Rampage could have a career just making people laugh.

keg in kc
05-07-2008, 10:51 PM
All in all a good night. During TUF, I installed my brand new geforce 9600 GT (bit of an uprade from the radeon x800 card I had....).

New monitor is next on the list. I'm still using a 19" gateway from 1995. I think it's time to finally go flatscreen. I think I can find a 20" for under 200. As much as I'd love a 24" like the one at work, I just can't spend that much...

Delano
05-08-2008, 07:44 AM
I got controooooooool.

I got controooooooooooooooooooooool.

ROFL

suds79
05-08-2008, 07:50 AM
It was a good episode.

That Jeremy May is a clown but for as tough Matt Brown acted, he sure didn't back it up IMO. I wasn't impressed. He basically landed a knee and a good kick after May had punched himself out. If May's cardio wasn't so bad, I'm not sure Brown would of won that one.

The 2nd fight was awesome.

Rampage cracks me up.