PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Swagger

Direckshun
05-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Is anybody noticing the personality of this team getting more and more colorful in the Herm Edwards era? I first noticed this last year when Goatse posted a highlight video of the year so far. We saw the typical array of physical acrobatics and power hitting, but what was different was the presence of strutting.

Although it died off almost completely late in the year, Herm's Chiefs have a lot more personality and they're a lot more volatile than the stoic Vermeil Chiefs. They seem to play a lot looser and have more fun with the game.

I was just curious if anybody noticed that. We just drafted Dorsey and Flowers, two other guys who bring a lot of energy and cockiness to what they do.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Yea agree, and what i like about the guys we are getting are they are Physical players. The thing about vermiels teams were we were soft, and Herms team are completly opposite

Reerun_KC
05-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Well they do seem to play loser, because neither side of the ball is very good. So why get upset and tense?

During DV, the offense always was tense for they had zero margin for error to cover for the Defense...

I would rather have a winning swagger around the team... This swagger reminds me of 1989...

Fish
05-08-2008, 09:26 AM
At the end of the day, we're getting "football players".................

Demonpenz
05-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Vermiel? stoic? We had Jared allen acting like he was smacking some girls ass, we had priest holding the ball out and strutting before he even got into the endzone TG Dunking the ball AND WE HAD A GUY DOING THE ****ING WORM IN THE ENDZONE

bsp4444
05-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Vermiel? stoic? We had Jared allen acting like he was smacking some girls ass, we had priest holding the ball out and strutting before he even got into the endzone TG Dunking the ball AND WE HAD A GUY DOING THE ****ING WORM IN THE ENDZONE

Well, if we would have found the endzone last year, just imagine what you might have seen.

Brock
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I hadn't noticed that they played looser, are you sure you don't mean loser?

Spicy McHaggis
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I think our defensive backfield is actually going to have a ****ing attitude this year, provided Morgan and Flowers see any playing time at all.

noa
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I kind of liked it when our OL was elite and we would just maul people and let their hard work speak for itself. No need to boast when you are pwning left and right.
But the Vermeil defense, it would have just been embarrassing if they tried to strut around.

Fish
05-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I kind of liked it when our OL was elite and we would just maul people and let their hard work speak for itself. No need to boast when you are pwning left and right.
But the Vermeil defense, it would have just been embarrassing if they tried to strut around.

The Vermeil _efense would have likely tripped over it's own swagger.....

Baby Lee
05-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Yea agree, and what i like about the guys we are getting are they are Physical players. The thing about vermiels teams were we were soft, and Herms team are completly opposite

To be fair, the O-line and T-Rich were anything but soft, and Trent was a resiliant tabula rasa Marthafocker. But yeah, we may as well have paraded our _efense out in 'Juicy' couture.

FAX
05-08-2008, 10:15 AM
DV's offense was far from "soft". With the possible exception of Priest, we had head knockers at almost every position and the best blocking quarterback in the NFL.

Ask Ray Lewis.

FAX

BigChiefFan
05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
How can somebody in their right mind consider a 4-12 team, a team with swagger? More like little boys crying for their mama.

beach tribe
05-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I think the secondary is going to have attitude. Swagger will come with wins. Right now, I see no swagger, but the potential for it, and a cockyness for years to come.

Radar Chief
05-08-2008, 10:39 AM
How can somebody in their right mind consider a 4-12 team, a team with swagger? More like little boys crying for their mama.

Itís easy to grin when your ship comes in and youíve got the stock market beat, but the man worth while is a man who can smile when his pants are too tight in the seat.

;)

FAX
05-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Mr. beach tribe is right. It's difficult to generate a swagger when, at the end of the day, you're a just a gaggle of losers. We need some, though. Unfortunately, a lot of our best, pointless swagger left with Samie Parker.

FAX

Count Zarth
05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Video:

n9lOZO8Xz50

keg in kc
05-08-2008, 12:57 PM
He's trying to generate a defensive player's mindset. Vermeil's acted like football was a game of chess, Herm seems to want a team that will murder you. In a good way. The kind of team that will knock you off the ball, smack you in the face, but still have enough discipline not to give games away with penalties.

Which I like. I thought the attitude of the team was one of the major detriments of the Vermeil era. They weren't all that tough, on either side of the ball.

Problem is, they need to be as aggressive on offense as they are on defense, or they'll be looking at 14-10 games. Which Herm seems to like, but I absolutely hate.

Dave Lane
05-08-2008, 12:57 PM

Yes pretty much. 13-3 and 4-12 are close opposites.

Dav

beach tribe
05-08-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4v9AE5tM1A&feature=related

Swagger WILL return

By the way, would someone please tell me how to post a you tube clip? I'm and idiot.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes pretty much. 13-3 and 4-12 are close opposites.

Dav
You can kind of see it tho, in the mid 90s we had alot of swagger with our great defense. But with Vermiel yes we scored alot of points, but when you cant stop anyone it kind of took your breath away.

milkman
05-08-2008, 08:18 PM
He's trying to generate a defensive player's mindset. Vermeil's acted like football was a game of chess, Herm seems to want a team that will murder you. In a good way. The kind of team that will knock you off the ball, smack you in the face, but still have enough discipline not to give games away with penalties.

Which I like. I thought the attitude of the team was one of the major detriments of the Vermeil era. They weren't all that tough, on either side of the ball.

Problem is, they need to be as aggressive on offense as they are on defense, or they'll be looking at 14-10 games. Which Herm seems to like, but I absolutely hate.

Greatest line ever went something like "Eric Hicks can handle losing".

I don't know.

I want guys that get pissed about losing.

cdcox
05-08-2008, 08:33 PM

We're getting better and better each week. You can see it. By the time training camp gets here, we'll be a freaking juggernaut.

FAX
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
We're getting better and better each week. You can see it. By the time training camp gets here, we'll be a freaking juggernaut.

Problem is, we traded away our Swagger.

EDIT: Sorry. My bad. We traded away our Swigger.

FAX

smittysbar
05-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Goatse are those your movie's? Kick ass if they are!

Count Zarth
05-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Goatse are those your movie's? Kick ass if they are!

Yep, everything. Cool page, eh? Hi-res versions here:

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/

smittysbar
05-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Yep, everything. Cool page, eh? Hi-res versions here:

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/

Nice. I went through and watched most of them. Got me pumped for the season. Great Job! The tribute to arrowhead was f'ing sweet. I subscribed.

T-post Tom
05-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Bring back Bennie Thompson?

Ari Chi3fs
05-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Problem is, we traded away our Swagger.

EDIT: Sorry. My bad. We traded away our Swigger.

FAX

And, we just cut SWOGGER!

http://www.kffl.com/player/16463/NFL

Guru
05-08-2008, 11:54 PM

ROFLI had forgotten all about that.