PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Bud Light Lime

Wa-Z
05-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Who's tried it?

Pablo
05-14-2008, 11:37 PM
It's alright.

Miller Chill is fine as well. Although I don't get too bent outta shape for lime flavored beer, I suppose a Corona with lime is fine, these just taste quite a bit more lime-like. Artificial lime flavoring is a bit strong imo.

05-14-2008, 11:39 PM
I never realized how much difference the lime made to Corona until I drank one without a lime.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I never realized how much difference the lime made to Corona until I drank one without a lime.

Ditto, except I did it the other way around. It's man law. DON'T FRUIT THE BEER. Corona is better with the lime though.

Pablo
05-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I never realized how much difference the lime made to Corona until I drank one without a lime.Yeah..I'm not a huge fan. I think there may be a world of truth to that Sam Adams commercial where the owner says something about how clear and green bottles allow UV rays to penetrate and spoil beer, giving it a skunk-like flavor.

Corona - skunk
Heineken - skunk

Wa-Z
05-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah..I'm not a huge fan. I think there may be a world of truth to that Sam Adams commercial where the owner says something about how clear and green bottles allow UV rays to penetrate and spoil beer, giving it a skunk-like flavor.

Corona - skunk
Heineken - skunk

I always wondered what the hell that was from...dumb mistake by those companies if it's true.

Pablo
05-14-2008, 11:46 PM
I always wondered what the hell that was from...dumb mistake by those companies if it's true.I suppose the aesthetic appeal of a green bottle might draw some folks in, or being able the see the product in clear bottles..I dunno.

Bud Light, Budweiser, Miller Lite, Sam Adams, Boulevard...all in dark bottles, never had that funky skunk taste associated with them.

SLAG
05-15-2008, 12:30 AM
St Pauli Girl
Rolling rock
Grolsh

All skunk

but High Life comes in clear bottles but its not skunky

Bugeater
05-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah..I'm not a huge fan. I think there may be a world of truth to that Sam Adams commercial where the owner says something about how clear and green bottles allow UV rays to penetrate and spoil beer, giving it a skunk-like flavor.

Corona - skunk
Heineken - skunk
:rolleyes: How much sunlight does a bottle of beer get exposed to?

05-15-2008, 12:41 AM
:rolleyes: How much sunlight does a bottle of beer get exposed to?

Not much around you. You just spill your cooler on the concrete.

Bob Dole
05-15-2008, 01:02 AM
It's not too bad for what it is, and it's quite a bit better than the Miller lime thing (that has the lime added after brewing).

But unless the Bud guy is feeding them to Bob Dole for free again, Bob Dole won't have another...

Third Eye
05-15-2008, 02:23 AM
but High Life comes in clear bottles but its not skunky

Can piss be skunky?

DaneMcCloud
05-15-2008, 02:43 AM

Corona is piss water.

The lime only takes away some of the bitter piss flavor.

If you want a smooth Mexican beer, try Pacifico, Dos Equis, Sol or Tecate.

All are outstanding and MUCH better than Corona.

And some red snapper fish tacos to go along with that fine Mexican beer is also a plus. :D

05-15-2008, 02:50 AM
Corona is piss water.

The lime only takes away some of the bitter piss flavor.

If you want a smooth Mexican beer, try Pacifico, Dos Equis, Sol or Tecate.

All are outstanding and MUCH better than Corona.

And some red snapper fish tacos to go along with that fine Mexican beer is also a plus. :D

I will try to remember those beers next time I hit the local bar that carries tons of imports. Can't stand Corona without the lime. ugh.

DaneMcCloud
05-15-2008, 03:04 AM
I will try to remember those beers next time I hit the local bar that carries tons of imports. Can't stand Corona without the lime. ugh.

This time of the year (at least in CA), Costco has a 24-pack of bottled Mexican beers called "Beers of Mexico". It has Sol, Dos Equis Amber, Dos Equis and Tecate in a convenient case for less than $20 (CA - the alcohol tax is way low out here).

I'd suggest you try it, if available. If you find it, let us know what you think.

They're all GREAT with real Mexican food (which may or may not be available in your area, i.e., not Tex-Mex).

Enjoy!

05-15-2008, 03:08 AM
This time of the year (at least in CA), Costco has a 24-pack of bottled Mexican beers called "Beers of Mexico". It has Sol, Dos Equis Amber, Dos Equis and Tecate in a convenient case for less than $20 (CA - the alcohol tax is way low out here).

I'd suggest you try it, if available. If you find it, let us know what you think.

They're all GREAT with real Mexican food (which may or may not be available in your area, i.e., not Tex-Mex).

Enjoy!

No Costcos in my city. May have to check with Phil on that when I hit KC.

We only have Tex Mex here. There are some Mexican dives but they just aren't very good.

DaneMcCloud
05-15-2008, 03:10 AM
No Costcos in my city. May have to check with Phil on that when I hit KC.

We only have Tex Mex here. There are some Mexican dives but they just aren't very good.

If the "Beers of Mexico" isn't available, try the Sol, Pacifico, Tecate and Dos Equis in bottled six packs at your local grocery store.

While they may or may not end up being your favorite beer of all-time, they are all very smooth and very palatable.

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 06:45 AM

Enjoy!

I picked that up last year from Total Wine & Spirits when I had a college football party. It was $19, IIRC. Very tasty. We went to lunch at my fav. authentic Mexican restaurant, came back and cracked open the case and watched college football the rest of the afternoon & night. If I had to rank them I'd put Dos Equis, Tecate, Dos Equis Amber and Sol.

Also - as far as the thread topic, I would never buy Bud Light Lime or Miller Chill. The only time I've had either was when the Miller brand rep bought our group a round when Miller Chill first came out. Tasted gross.

phisherman
05-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Sol and Pacifico are both very good.

IMO, you shouldn't have to put any FRUIT! inside a beer to make it taste palatable. that should tell you something about the beer right there.

Demonpenz
05-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Sometimes after a hard night of drinking I will get out a lawn chair get a bucket of ice and sit outside with miller chill the fruit seems to help the hang over

KCUnited
05-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Sol is by far my favorite Mexican beer. Pacifico is the worst, it tastes like a Coors product too me. Dos Equis is a quality beer, it originated from German immigrants. As far as skunkiness goes, you have to consider where you are buying your beer. If you are buying Corona on SW Blvd it will never be skunky because its flying off the shelf. If you are buying a Corona in BFE its probably been sitting on the shelf for a while and may have gone bad. The same with Heiny and Grolsh and other clear or green bottle beers.

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 07:13 AM
I've never had a corona taste 'skunky'. As far as putting fruit in beer, normally I don't but with certain brews a lime or orange slice can enhance the flavor of a beverage that already tastes good.

One of my buddies is a big fan of Modelo - me, not so much.

keg in kc
05-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Lemons are good with wheat bears (including boulevard).

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Lemons are good with wheat bears (including boulevard).

I prefer oranges in my wheat beer (especially Hoegaarden!!!).

sedated
05-15-2008, 07:45 AM
I prefer oranges in my wheat beer (especially Hoegaarden!!!).

blue moon

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 07:47 AM
blue moon

Blue moon with an orange is acceptable, but a witbier bottled by Coors can't touch Belgium's Hoegaarden.

tomahawk kid
05-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Can piss be skunky?

Easy there killer.

gblowfish
05-15-2008, 07:54 AM
I had a Modelo about a month ago, Modelo Negro, their dark beer, and thought it was very tasty.

I've never put oranges in Boulevard Wheat, it is good with a lemon wedge.

You wouldn't put fruit in Bud or Miller because it's beyond improvement with fruit juice. It's lawn mowing beer. Cheap and easy to drink when you're hot and thirsty.

"Lawnmower Beer" includes Bud (and the whole Bud lesser line: like Busch, Natty Light, Busch Light Bud Light) Miller and all its lesser line, PBR, Schlitz, Coors and lesser line, etc.

When I was in college we became experts on cheap beer. Anybody remember these brands?:

905, Carling Black Label, Schmidt's, Grain Belt, Hamm's, Pig's Eye, Red, White and Blue, Weideman's, Stag, Blatz, Shoenling's Little Kings.

These were slightly better: Old Style, Point, Leinenkugel, Huber, Genessee.

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 08:02 AM
You wouldn't put fruit in Bud or Miller because it's beyond improvement with fruit juice. It's lawn mowing beer. Cheap and easy to drink when you're hot and thirsty.

"Lawnmower Beer" includes Bud (and the whole Bud lesser line: like Busch, Natty Light, Busch Light Bud Light) Miller and all its lesser line, PBR, Schlitz, Coors and lesser line, etc.

I prefer to call them "game beer" - meaning they're used for drinking games (flip cup, beer pong, card games, etc.). You don't want to waste the good stuff.

Demonpenz
05-15-2008, 08:09 AM
When I was in high school and college a bud light bottle was gold. Those were the days. Of course that is when a zima and a jolly rancher could get your fingers stinky.

sedated
05-15-2008, 08:11 AM
I stick with whiskey.

beer fills me up way before I start to slur :harumph:

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 08:15 AM
I stick with whiskey.

beer fills me up way before I start to slur :harumph:

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila.... floor. Actually about 6 tequila shots, 2 beers and either some vodka shots or vodka/redbull and you're good to go out drinking/clubbing. :)

sedated
05-15-2008, 08:35 AM
vodka shots

*shudder*

vodka shots make my penis soft

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 08:42 AM
*shudder*

vodka shots make my penis soft

Well, when we run out of tequila and beer all that's left is vodka and wine/champagne which is for the girls. By that point you're 'gone' enough to do the straight vodka shots anyway.

chasedude
05-15-2008, 09:06 AM
<object width="425" height="355">What's next? A Beerocolada?

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eR1Z3r8iNg8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></object>

Sanka
05-15-2008, 09:15 AM
MAN LAW! Don't fruit the beer. I don't even put lime in my Corona.

Spicy McHaggis
05-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Pacifico and Modelo are my stand-bys as far as Mexican beer goes.

I had a Chill last night, it was kinda eh.

kregger
05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=Spicy McHaggis;4751471]Pacifico and Modelo are my stand-bys as far as Mexican beer goes.

QFT. Negra Modelo is my favorite with Pacifico next best.

Fish
05-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Anybody ever try OJ in Guiness?

Actually not bad.

jiveturkey
05-15-2008, 09:58 AM
MAN LAW! Don't fruit the beer. I don't even put lime in my Corona.Men aren't even supposed to drink Corona.

blueballs
05-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Men do what the **** they want
**** what is popular

irishjayhawk
05-15-2008, 10:02 AM

Corona - skunk
Heineken - skunk

:rolleyes:

Or it could be an ad describing why some of the competition doesn't add up....
Or why you should buy their DARK bottles.

Can someone explain to me what "skunky" means? I don't understand how a taste can be skunky.

Dartgod
05-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I had a Modelo about a month ago, Modelo Negro, their dark beer, and thought it was very tasty.
My favorite Mexican beer. :thumb:

Sanka
05-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Men aren't even supposed to drink Corona.

I don't regularly drink Corona, but I'll one every once in a while. I'm more of a Heineken fan.

smittysbar
05-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Bud Light Lime is selling like hotcakes here. Chill was a flop. Chill and BL Lime are completely different. Chill I would consider more of a Foo Foo drink. Tastes like one of the bottled Margaritas that women sip on. BL Lime is pretty good, just tastes like a beer with lime (imagine that). I think it is a good change once and a while.

Dos Equis is IMO by far the best of Mex beers. The Amber is shit though.

As far as UV rays go, that is BS. ANY beer will skunk if exposed to UV rays for an extended period of time.

As for Corona, I do like a lime in it, but I like it without also.

vailpass
05-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Bud Light Lime is selling like hotcakes here. Chill was a flop. Chill and BL Lime are completely different. Chill I would consider more of a Foo Foo drink. Tastes like one of the bottled Margaritas that women sip on. BL Lime is pretty good, just tastes like a beer with lime (imagine that). I think it is a good change once and a while.

Dos Equis is IMO by far the best of Mex beers. The Amber is shit though.

As far as UV rays go, that is BS. ANY beer will skunk if exposed to UV rays for an extended period of time.

As for Corona, I do like a lime in it, but I like it without also.

What the hell would you know about any of this? LMAO
Im with you on XX but I'm a big Tecate fan as well.
Down here I can roll into the grocieria and get a case of cold cans with two scoops of ice scooped into the shopping bag for $14.00

smittysbar
05-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Down here I can roll into the grocieria and get a case of cold cans with two scoops of ice scooped into the shopping bag for $14.00

That is a sweet deal :thumb:

beach tribe
05-15-2008, 10:22 AM
I bartend weekends. Lime is a decent beer. Chill tastes exactly like Zima IMO.

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 10:46 AM

Really? I can't even get a case of Bud/Miller/Coors/other crap for $14.00.

Dartgod
05-15-2008, 10:48 AM
It will happen much, much faster in a clear bottle. That is a fact.

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 10:52 AM

Do you keep your beer out on the porch or something? This really is a non-issue. Grocery stores are indoor and every outdoor bar/pub I go to is covered and they keep their drinks on ice in a closed container. Plus they don't have anything that isn't sold in more than a couple days.

smittysbar
05-15-2008, 10:53 AM

Well yeah it would.................So don't set your beer out in the sun for days. I really can't think of a reason why a person would. But it would effect both. And it would take an extended period for it to be effected. I don't know about you but I don't store my beer out in the front lawn.

Pablo
05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
When I was in high school and college a bud light bottle was gold. Those were the days. Of course that is when a zima and a jolly rancher could get your fingers stinky.Beautiful.

In all reality, when I drink, I drink whatever is cheapest in mass quantities. I'm in college, I can't really afford to drink Dos Equis or whatever, just get a few people together and buy a couple dirty 30's of Natty, Bud Dry, High Life, whatever's cheap.

I'm not a 50 year old man like most of y'all, my body can still handle the cheap stuff.:p

Dartgod
05-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Do you keep your beer out on the porch or something? This really is a non-issue. Grocery stores are indoor and every outdoor bar/pub I go to is covered and they keep their drinks on ice in a closed container. Plus they don't have anything that isn't sold in more than a couple days.

Well yeah it would.................So don't set your beer out in the sun for days. I really can't think of a reason why a person would. But it would effect both. And it would take an extended period for it to be effected. I don't know about you but I don't store my beer out in the front lawn.
Wrong! It's not just sunlight that will cause skunky beer. Your grocery store or liquor store is displaying those clear bottles under fluorescent lights and it certainly can cause skunky beer.

The problem of bottled beer becoming “skunked” is not limited to exposure to sunlight, as was the case during the early years of beer bottling. Probably the greatest incidences today of beer becoming lightstruck occur in the display cases of retailers where fluorescent lights are used to illuminate inventory.

http://beerinfood.wordpress.com/2007/03/05/excuse-me-but-this-beer-taste-like-skunk/

Pablo
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
It's not just sunlight that will cause skunky beer. Your grocery store or liquor store is displaying those clear bottles under fluorescent lights and it certainly can cause skunky beer.I thought the same thing...I'd imagine those flourescent lights don't have nearly the same penetrating power as sunlight, but I'm sure they don't improve anything.

Demonpenz
05-15-2008, 11:07 AM
If you are a golden griff I probably owe you a beer or twelve, but lets be honest. Golden griffs can't really afford good beer either even myself as a graduate. You can come over and drink mouintain dew and mcormick's whiskey with me though. I call it hee haw. Your welcome

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Wrong! It's not just sunlight that will cause skunky beer. Your grocery store or liquor store is displaying those clear bottles under fluorescent lights and it certainly can cause skunky beer.

When I buy corona it's in a 12 pack box which is completely closed or the only holes are two small carry-handle cutouts.

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Beautiful.

In all reality, when I drink, I drink whatever is cheapest in mass quantities. I'm in college, I can't really afford to drink Dos Equis or whatever, just get a few people together and buy a couple dirty 30's of Natty, Bud Dry, High Life, whatever's cheap.

I'm not a 50 year old man like most of y'all, my body can still handle the cheap stuff.:p

I hear ya. I've been out of school for about a year now and I can afford to buy the good (or should I say, better) stuff. However, we still drink to get crunk and it's no use spending it on high $$ brew so we typically stick to bud/miller for our mass drinking gatherings. However, when we do liquor it's typically good stuff (patron, grey goose, etc.).

Pablo
05-15-2008, 11:12 AM
If you are a golden griff I probably owe you a beer or twelve, but lets be honest. Golden griffs can't really afford good beer either even myself as a graduate. You can come over and drink mouintain dew and mcormick's whiskey with me though. I call it hee haw. Your welcomeHaha. Thanks for the invite. I've had Jim Beam and mountain dew before, not a bad mixture. And yeah, I go to Poor Man U.

Pablo
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I hear ya. I've been out of school for about a year now and I can afford to buy the good (or should I say, better) stuff. However, we still drink to get crunk and it's no use spending it on high $$ brew so we typically stick to bud/miller for our mass drinking gatherings. However, when we do liquor it's typically good stuff (patron, grey goose, etc.).The only liquor I'll splurge on is Crown. I hate Vodka but if I drink it for some reason I think Absolut is a pretty good drink for the money. Don't see a whole lotta difference between it and Grey Goose.

smittysbar
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM

It would most likely go out of date long before cooler lights skunked it. Trust me

icepick64
05-15-2008, 11:25 AM
what I want to know is....why? I hate bud lite anyways so I guess it doesn't matter

Pablo
05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
what I want to know is....why? I hate bud lite anyways so I guess it doesn't matterBecause it'll be a cheaper alternative to those who crave lime flavored beer...

I guess those who love Corona can pound a sixer of the cheap stuff at home before they head out to the local watering hole and only order 4 or 5 $4 Corona's.

DaneMcCloud
05-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Because it'll be a cheaper alternative to those who crave lime flavored beer...

I guess those who love Corona can pound a sixer of the cheap stuff at home before they head out to the local watering hole and only order 4 or 5 $4 Corona's.

$4 dollar Corona's? Is this 1988?

:evil:

Pablo
05-15-2008, 11:35 AM

:evil:Nope, this is Missouri. We take a little while to catch up to you coastal folks.

DaKCMan AP
05-15-2008, 11:37 AM

:evil:

Hmm.. they're still a max of $4 here. Some places will be $3 (or $2-2.50 on special). I've never seen any of the bars here charge over $4.

Sanka
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I went to a club in Jersey one time, and Heineken was $8 for 1. Lucky for me, I went straight to the bathroom after purchasing it, placed it on top of the urinal, zipping my shit up, and the Heiny fell into the urinal.:banghead::cuss:

Wa-Z
05-15-2008, 11:46 AM
I went to a club in Jersey one time, and Heineken was $8 for 1. Lucky for me, I went straight to the bathroom after purchasing it, placed it on top of the urinal, zipping my shit up, and the Heiny fell into the urinal.:banghead::cuss:

Your heiny is detachable? That's weird...

Dartgod
05-15-2008, 11:50 AM
It would most likely go out of date long before cooler lights skunked it. Trust me
Yeah, I understand that it will take some time to happen. At a busier liquor or grocery store, it's probably a non-issue. But I would be careful picking up a cold sixer at some small C-store where it may have been sitting on the shelf for some time.

DaneMcCloud
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Nope, this is Missouri. We take a little while to catch up to you coastal folks.

In "The 40-Year Old Virgin", Paul Rudd noted that the bar was full because it was "$9 Beer night".

That wasn't an exaggeration.

The weird thing is that I can go to Costco or Rite-Aid and purchase a 36-pack of Coors, Bud or Miller (any incarnation) for $15.99 but ONE BEER is at least $8-9 dollars at a bar.

vailpass
05-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Really? I can't even get a case of Bud/Miller/Coors/other crap for $14.00.

Two words for you: cans, Mexico.

Sure-Oz
05-15-2008, 12:02 PM
How is bud light lime compared to miller chill, differences in taste?

smittysbar
05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
How is bud light lime compared to miller chill, differences in taste?

BL Lime tastes like a beer with a lime in it.

Chill tastes like a Smirnoff version of a margarita

Pablo
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM
In "The 40-Year Old Virgin", Paul Rudd noted that the bar was full because it was "$9 Beer night".

The weird thing is that I can go to Costco or Rite-Aid and purchase a 36-pack of Coors, Bud or Miller (any incarnation) for $15.99 but ONE BEER is at least $8-9 dollars at a bar.Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. Here a domestic bottle will range from $1.50-3 depending on the type of joint you're in, usually $2 or $2.50.

That seems like a pretty fair price, since a 6 pack out of the bar will cost you about $7. You're only spending about $12-15 in the bar for that same six pack. But spending $48 on a sixer at a bar? F*cking crazy. I'm guessing if I moved out to Cali right now, I wouldn't be going to the bars...ever. The first time I went up and ordered a beer and they said a $5 wouldn't cover it, I might shit myself.

JuicesFlowing
06-06-2009, 05:33 PM

The weird thing is that I can go to Costco or Rite-Aid and purchase a 36-pack of Coors, Bud or Miller (any incarnation) for $15.99 but ONE BEER is at least $8-9 dollars at a bar.

And they STILL expect a fucking tip.

BWillie
06-06-2009, 05:35 PM

Alot of stuff used to be $7-8 bucks at power and light when they first opened, but I think they learned the perfect price for the market was about $6 bucks. I'm used to it now, but after college you think $3.50 is expensive. I remember they used to have $2 pitchers of Long Islands on Thursday. People would just buy 2, carry them around, and be set for the night. It was ridiculous.

JuicesFlowing
06-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Alot of stuff used to be $7-8 bucks at power and light when they first opened, but I think they learned the perfect price for the market was about $6 bucks. I'm used to it now, but after college you think $3.50 is expensive. I remember they used to have $2 pitchers of Long Islands on Thursday. People would just buy 2, carry them around, and be set for the night. It was ridiculous.

The price difference is mind blowing. You walk into a liquor store and can find a $10 six-pack, and you think that's absurd, but it's not even being close to absurd to the price you pay for a single beer in a bar.

Bowser
06-06-2009, 05:48 PM
It's the $10 Patron shots that really crack me up.

NewChief
06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I like the BL Lime for a summer drink. I don't really consider it beer, but it's fairly refreshing.

Gonzo
06-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Man Law: Don't fruit the beer.
Posted via Mobile Device

crispystl
06-06-2009, 06:34 PM
If the "Beers of Mexico" isn't available, try the Sol, Pacifico, Tecate and Dos Equis in bottled six packs at your local grocery store.

While they may or may not end up being your favorite beer of all-time, they are all very smooth and very palatable.

I drank a shit load of sol in Mexico it was decent. Corona imop is better without lime.

crispystl
06-06-2009, 06:37 PM
oh, and I don't always drink beer but when I do I drink Dos Equis. I also had an awkward moment once just to see what it felt like.

Abba-Dabba
06-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't mind it. Wife really likes it. Had 3 before the flames extinguished themselves on the grill last night. NewPhin has it right on refreshing. Almost too refreshing in my case.

NewChief
06-06-2009, 06:45 PM
I don't mind it. Wife really likes it. Had 3 before the flames extinguished themselves on the grill last night. NewPhin has it right on refreshing. Almost too refreshing in my case.

Yeah, I can drink a sixer in an afternoon while on the lake without even realizing it. They go down way too easy.

Gonzo
06-06-2009, 06:55 PM
oh, and I don't always drink beer but when I do I drink Dos Equis. I also had an awkward moment once just to see what it felt like.
I live vicariously through myself.
Posted via Mobile Device

crispystl
06-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

lol I was gonna go with that one but changed my mind. Man that shit is hilarious!

BWillie
06-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You are definitely not the most interesting man in the world :evil:

Psyko Tek
06-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Here in the States, and at resorts in Mexico, the beer is almost always served with a lime. We expect it. Then again, some locals say they won’t have it, that it’s a gimmick for los turistas. Can’t you imagine that scene from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre"? "Limónes, we don’t need no stinking limónes!"

One story has it that in the not-so-distant past, a beer marketer came up with the idea for the lime. So far, due to myth or shame, that individual has never come forward. Another says the lime’s acidity helps cut the slightly sweet corn flavor of the beers.

Another says that the cans of beer would be stored in dusty conditions. People naturally wanted to clean up the mouth of the can and they found a wedge of lime to be the perfect solution. This explanation makes some sense, as limes may have already been on the table for serving with shots of tequila.

Still another account says the wedge of lime could be laid on top of the opening to keep flies from getting into the beer. Then again, the most plausible story might be that early bottles of Mexican beer were reportedly sealed with linerless caps, resulting in a ring of rust on the bottle rim. A swipe of the lime and the bottle came clean.

and that's why you get a lime with your beer

NFL
NO
FUCKIN
LIME

if your beer needs fruit it ain't done right

Fire Me Boy!
06-06-2009, 09:04 PM

Corona - skunk
Heineken - skunk

I'm new to this thread, and no idea if this has been addressed further... but my experience in brewing my own is that clear glass will skunk a beer over time. When brewing, I used dark rooms, dark glass, and do not disturb.

JuicesFlowing
06-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I drank a shit load of sol in Mexico it was decent. Corona imop is better without lime.

By far the best Mexican beer IMO.

Frazod
06-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Michelob makes one of of these light lime things now. I took a sip of one last night - it was better than the others, but I still don't care for any of them.

JuicesFlowing
06-06-2009, 09:06 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p2SSZA0CjdQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p2SSZA0CjdQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dottefan
06-06-2009, 09:32 PM
ITS A CHICK BEER..LOL..

StcChief
06-07-2009, 07:06 AM
BL regular or lime blows.

HonestChieffan
06-07-2009, 07:07 AM
nasty.

EyePod
06-07-2009, 07:09 AM
I think this shit is really good.

EyePod
06-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Michelob makes one of of these light lime things now. I took a sip of one last night - it was better than the others, but I still don't care for any of them.

I didn't realize that Michelob makes them. The Miller Chill's aren't that bad either.

stlchiefs
06-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Miller Chill tastes like a Bartles and James wine coolers. After one of those when they first came out I had no interest in trying BL Lime.

Pablo
06-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Michelob makes one of of these light lime things now. I took a sip of one last night - it was better than the others, but I still don't care for any of them.Yeah, the Michelob lime is pretty good. It tastes about like Bud Light Lime, maybe even lighter, if that's possible.

RNR
06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
I drink Bud Light and tried one. I did not care for it.

StcChief
06-07-2009, 10:49 AM
ITS A CHICK BEER..LOL..
and It's the National Ghey Beer...

wasi
07-06-2009, 03:10 PM
There was a front page article in the paper today about the BL Lime phenomena that is happening across Canada right now. Apparently, it took a petition to get it here and now it's sold out right across Canada?!

Bob Dole
07-06-2009, 03:15 PM
As far as cheap summer beers go, BL Lime is pretty decent. (Unless you're a homophobic beer snob, apparently.)

Dayze
07-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Dos Equis Amber, and both Modelos (Negro and Especial) are outstanding summer beers.

Carta Blanca is ok too if you can find it fresh.

as for the original Topic; yes, I've had BL lime; it hits the spot on occassion. LIke after mowing the lawn etc.

listopencil
07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Men aren't even supposed to drink Corona.

Heh. Little do you know. I was once "vacationing" in Mazatlan and decided to hit the beach. Little kids would run and get you an ice cold Corona for a very small tip. They were good- never spilled a drop and never shook it up. Paradise.

listopencil
07-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Come to think of it I did the same thing in France. Corona once again.

Valiant
07-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Here in the States, and at resorts in Mexico, the beer is almost always served with a lime. We expect it. Then again, some locals say they won’t have it, that it’s a gimmick for los turistas. Can’t you imagine that scene from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre"? "Limónes, we don’t need no stinking limónes!"

One story has it that in the not-so-distant past, a beer marketer came up with the idea for the lime. So far, due to myth or shame, that individual has never come forward. Another says the lime’s acidity helps cut the slightly sweet corn flavor of the beers.

Another says that the cans of beer would be stored in dusty conditions. People naturally wanted to clean up the mouth of the can and they found a wedge of lime to be the perfect solution. This explanation makes some sense, as limes may have already been on the table for serving with shots of tequila.

Still another account says the wedge of lime could be laid on top of the opening to keep flies from getting into the beer. Then again, the most plausible story might be that early bottles of Mexican beer were reportedly sealed with linerless caps, resulting in a ring of rust on the bottle rim. A swipe of the lime and the bottle came clean.

and that's why you get a lime with your beer

NFL
NO
****IN
LIME

if your beer needs fruit it ain't done right

Our resort did not have lemons, but they did have room temp beer out of the tap.. Gross as shit.. Besides dos equis all mexican beer is shit.. Especially in Mexico.. My god the corona, sol and modelo all tasted like shit down there.. Stuck to tequila.

Miss Understood
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I like Bud Light, but I much prefer Landshark, or even Miller Chill, to Bud Light Lime. I wasn't impressed.

crispystl
07-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Two words for you: cans, Mexico.

Here in Charlotte the Harris Teeters have sales once a month where Bud, Bud Light ,and Coors are all 11.77 a case, I shit you not. For fourth of July weekend it was Yuengling cases for 11.77. You can't beat it!

Psyko Tek
07-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Yuengling
tatses gerat

onw nasty ass hangover
fuck it couldhave been the tequila
wasin reading PA
moving a semi-conductor fab to china
and the chines Kbg agent wantedto yaeger shots
told me he coluld put me under the table

so i said fuck now
tyhis is america
we do tequila

the bastard puksed in the bar

I made it back to the apt and fell down a flight of stairs

yeah I won?

Dayze
07-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Yuengling
tatses gerat

onw nasty ass hangover
**** it couldhave been the tequila
wasin reading PA
moving a semi-conductor fab to china
and the chines Kbg agent wantedto yaeger shots
told me he coluld put me under the table

so i said **** now
tyhis is america
we do tequila

the bastard puksed in the bar

I made it back to the apt and fell down a flight of stairs

yeah I won?

WTF? ROFL

MahiMike
07-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Bud lite lime sucks. 1st beer is ok then you get sick of it.

Cannibal
07-06-2009, 07:22 PM
When drinking the same amount of ale or dark "bock" lagers, vs. the pale american style lagers (bud, bud light, coors etc.), the pale lager gives me a terrible hangover the next day compared to the ale or bocks which usually do not.

Bwana
07-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Way to sweet.

It tastes like a little lime mixed with a lot of sugar and some water beer thrown in just for good measure.

RJ
07-06-2009, 07:28 PM
I just don't get it.

If you like lime in your beer, why not just buy a real lime and put it in yourself?

stlchiefs
07-06-2009, 10:38 PM
WTF? ROFL

I'm pretty sure he typed this while laying at the bottom of those stairs he mentioned.