PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you take a chance on Odell Thurman?

ChiefRon
05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Here we go again with another potential impact player available at a position of need but with a troubled past and thus questionable character.

Bengals cut Thurman after dispute over family issue: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3402967

PROS:
- He's only 24 years old
- He led the Bengals in tackles in his rookie year, and was considered for Defensive Player of the Year
- He would represent an upgrade over Harris at MLB, and should still have upside

CONS:
- Hasn't played last 2 years
- Questionable character
- Is he 1 incident away from being suspended for another year (or more)? I would think so...
- Is football his number one priority?

Would you pursue / sign him?

Hog Farmer
05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Thats gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard in the history of the Intranet.

StcChief
05-19-2008, 01:40 PM
just say no troubled Bungles

Braincase
05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Nostradumbass predicts he'll be signed by Oakland by the end of the week.

King_Chief_Fan
05-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Here we go again with another potential impact player available at a position of need but with a troubled past and thus questionable character.

Bengals cut Thurman after dispute over family issue: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3402967

PROS:
- He's only 24 years old
- He led the Bengals in tackles in his rookie year, and was considered for Defensive Player of the Year
- He would represent an upgrade over Harris at MLB, and should still have upside

CONS:
- Hasn't played last 2 years
- Questionable character
- Is he 1 incident away from being suspended for another year (or more)? I would think so...
- Is football his number one priority?

Would you pursue / sign him?

We don't know that he would be an upgrade over Harris. Not at this point anyway. I say leave well enough alone. If we need Harris to be replaced, we can find less risker propositions than Odell.

SBK
05-19-2008, 02:00 PM
He was born to be a Raider.

Bweb
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
I am pretty sure he would not be the role model we would want all our new draft picks to be following. :shake:

Rain Man
05-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Thats gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard in the history of the Intranet.

It's so crazy that it ... just ... might ... work.

Seriously, people, who are our backups at LB? Two injuries, and we're playing a 5-1-5 defense the rest of the year. Sign the guy and put an ankle bracelet on him.

blaise
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
On a side note: I thought they'd take a look at Steve McKinney. (He signed with Miami) He's a little old and he missed most of last year, but I'm sure he was cheap and he could have bolstered the o-line.