PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink --- Build your own burrito.

Simply Red
05-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Love me a good burrito...

El Jefe
05-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Chipotle will do it for you. I usually go:
1.Steak
2.Rice
3.Sour Cream
4.Hot Salsa
5.Lettuce
6.Guacamole

blaise
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I usually go with the spicy shredded pork, black beans, rice, sour cream, cheese, and spicy salsa.

Redrum_69
05-19-2008, 03:44 PM
YOur mom, a ton of lettuce, some leftover cottage cheese, some medium packets of sauce from Taco Hell, and a mountain dew.

Simply Red
The cilantro in pico isn't really my deal.

Simply Red
YOur mom, a ton of lettuce, some leftover cottage cheese, some medium packets of sauce from Taco Hell, and a mountain dew.

:LOL:

Simply Red
05-19-2008, 03:46 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CiRPWP5sp1I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CiRPWP5sp1I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

StcChief
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Chicken/Pork options? go with FlankSteak

Fruit Ninja
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Coming from a Mexican. It has to be either Carne asada, with beans and rice or Al Pastor with beans and rice. Once in a while, i will go with Carnitas, they taste the best, but are so ****ing unhealthy for ya.

Simply Red
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah, these type O threads are tough to get everything on. So we'll say, yes.

:thumb:

Simply Red
05-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Coming from a Mexican. It has to be either Carne asada, with beans and rice or Al Pastor with beans and rice. Once in a while, i will go with Carnitas, they taste the best, but are so ****ing unhealthy for ya.

expand on that. What are they?

Simply Red
05-19-2008, 03:58 PM
what, no `Phobia` playing in this thread?

Fruit Ninja
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
expand on that. What are they?

Carne Asada is just thinly sliced steak. BBQ'ing it imo is the best, but there is different kinds of meat from different parts of the body. I only know what kind of meat it actually is by the Mexican spelling. We just go to the Mexican meat market and i tell them 5 lbs of espadilla or whatever. Ranchero is the best kind of meat. Again, dunno what part it actually is.

Al Pastor is bbq pork. good stuff. Carnitas is deep fried pork. That shit is soooo good. They cook it in one of them big ass woks in the ground. Its filled with grease and you just throw chunks of pork in there and cook until done.

Simply Red
05-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Carne Asada is just thinly sliced steak. BBQ'ing it imo is the best, but there is different kinds of meat from different parts of the body. I only know what kind of meat it actually is by the Mexican spelling. We just go to the Mexican meat market and i tell them 5 lbs of espadilla or whatever. Ranchero is the best kind of meat. Again, dunno what part it actually is.

Al Pastor is bbq pork. good stuff. Carnitas is deep fried pork. That shit is soooo good. They cook it in one of them big ass woks in the ground. Its filled with grease and you just throw chunks of pork in there and cook until done.

Yeah the last part was the one I was referring to.

Thanks

Fruit Ninja
05-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Another thing i would like to say is if anyone has a chance to eat a torta do it. They are soo ****ing good. Its french bread toasted with Mayo, beans thinly sliced steak, lettuce avacado and guacamole with some Salsa. I feel like going to the taco truck and getting one right now.

Simply Red
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Another thing i would like to say is if anyone has a chance to eat a torta do it. They are soo ****ing good. Its french bread toasted with Mayo, beans thinly sliced steak, lettuce avacado and guacamole with some Salsa. I feel like going to the taco truck and getting one right now.

just do it!

BIG_DADDY
05-19-2008, 05:10 PM
There is a place here that makes the best stuffed burrito. Flank steak with a chili relleno, black beans and little fried rice and salsa. NICE!!!!

blueballs
05-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Can Redrum's mom build her own Burro

blaise
05-19-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't know if she can build a burro, but I heard she likes that Ass spanked

Pablo
05-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Chicken, rice, sour cream, lettuce, corn salsa, guacamole, cheese.

Good stuff.

Baby Lee
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Qdoba - Steak fajita burrito classico, all the trimmings, two scoops of the extra hot plus one scoop pico de gallo.

The one on south grand makes 'em so they nearly break the tortilla trying to close it.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I was in Memphis a couple of weeks ago and ate Barbacoa (goat) tacos. They were quite tasty...

cue the goat jokes...

Buehler445
05-19-2008, 07:29 PM
What ever Barbacoa is from Chipotle is the shizzle. That shit is GOOD.

I also like mine with some grilled onion and peppers.

Buehler445
05-19-2008, 07:30 PM
I was in Memphis a couple of weeks ago and ate Barbacoa (goat) tacos. They were quite tasty...

cue the goat jokes...

I don't think the Chipotle version uses goat...

Joie
05-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Can I have plain tomatoes instead of pico de gallo? I'm not fond of cilantro.

DaKCMan AP
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
What I get at chipotle:

1. Barbacoa - the absolute best meat choice
2. Rice
3. Black beans
4. Mild salsa (tomatoes & onions)
5. Corn salsa (medium heat)
6. Hot salsa
7. Lettuce
8. Cheese
9. Sour cream
10. Guac (sometimes)

SBK
05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
The bbq pork burrito at Willy's or the queso burrito from Q-Doba. Perfect.

Simply Red
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Can I have plain tomatoes instead of pico de gallo? I'm not fond of cilantro.

Dammit, I forgot that too.

Baconeater
05-19-2008, 09:47 PM

Damn that sounds good. :drool:

PastorMikH
05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Start off with two skillets. In one cube-cut some potatoes, (you can throw in some onions and peppers if you want), and start frying. In the other pan, start frying up some sausage and peppers. Once skillets are done, throw together and pour in a bunch of scrambled eggs.

Makes a mean breakfast burrito.

blaise
05-19-2008, 10:39 PM
That's good with chorizo as the kind of sausage.

Smed1065
05-19-2008, 10:56 PM

I just had one of these today, except I had the Al Pastor version.

AustinChief
05-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Of the fast food type... the best burritos are from FREEBIRD'S. That place annihilates Chipotle.

They have tons more options...

I dare anyone to finish the Super Monster, I have done it only once....

Only in Texas though...

Third Eye
05-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Start off with two skillets. In one cube-cut some potatoes, (you can throw in some onions and peppers if you want), and start frying. In the other pan, start frying up some sausage and peppers. Once skillets are done, throw together and pour in a bunch of scrambled eggs.

Makes a mean breakfast burrito.

I do this all the time. Love it.

Fruit Ninja
05-20-2008, 02:41 AM
I just had one of these today, except I had the Al Pastor version.

Yeah, can put any meat in them. Its all good, just depends on what type of meat you want in there. I usually just go Carne Asada though.

Simply Red
05-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Of the fast food type... the best burritos are from FREEBIRD'S. That place annihilates Chipotle.

They have tons more options...

I dare anyone to finish the Super Monster, I have done it only once....

Only in Texas though...

I seem to remember Taco Via's burritos. Though some on here find it sloppy.

chasedude
05-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I seem to have a HUGE urge to fart