PDA

View Full Version : Football Did you know Ricky Williams is still in the NFL?

Count Alex's Losses
05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I had no idea. How amusing.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers051708.htm

One Dolphins insider remarked how ironic it is that troubled RB Ricky Williams has the full support of executive V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells, while Parcells has given the cold-shoulder treatment to consummate team leader Jason Taylor. Parcells subscribes to the “football comes first” mentality, something that Taylor has done throughout his distinguished career, whereas Williams has rarely demonstrated that commitment.

However, Parcells’ differing treatment of the two players is a sign that the “What have you done for me lately” mantra is alive and well inside Dolphins headquarters. While Taylor has been mostly missing in action in Miami’s offseason program as he participates in the television show “Dancing with the Stars,” Williams has seemingly rededicated himself to football after having torn a pectoral muscle last November in his first game back from an 18-month NFL suspension.

Also, this may be good news if you hate the thought of Chad Pennington in red.

If you’re looking for more evidence as to just how incredibly close the battle between Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens is to be the Jets’ starting quarterback, look no further than the fashion in which the coaches determined who would take the first snaps in the first drill in this past week’s organized team activities. “We flipped a coin,” coach Eric Mangini said. “Chad got to call it; he won.”

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Amusing. This is probably blown a little out of proportion.

While im sure Parcells probably isnt too happy with Taylors "DWTS" act (which he was quite good), I highly doubt he would trust Ricky Williams more than Taylor. Come on, thats just stupid.

chasedude
05-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Isn't it his Birthday today too? I think I remember the radio saying something about that as I woke up this morning.

blueballs
05-21-2008, 11:23 AM
$$

Brock
05-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Jason Taylor is a big whiner. The idea of him being a leader is a joke. If he's one of their leaders, no wonder they've sucked for years.

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 11:30 AM
The idea of him being a leader is a joke.

He lead this pretty well:

Ari Chi3fs
05-21-2008, 01:46 PM
HAHAH AAHA HA HAHA HAHA HA hh Hhah hh hH haH AhA HAH AH AH AH A HAHAhhahahahaha

Deberg watching Dancing with the Stars.

HAHAhahahAHAHah A hAh a hAh AhAHH HAH AHa ahah ahahahah

ROFL

Deberg_1990
05-21-2008, 01:50 PM
HAHAH AAHA HA HAHA HAHA HA hh Hhah hh hH haH AhA HAH AH AH AH A HAHAhhahahahaha

Deberg watching Dancing with the Stars.

HAHAhahahAHAHah A hAh a hAh AhAHH HAH AHa ahah ahahahah