PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jarded Allen on practicing against the Chiefs in camp

NIUhuskies
05-21-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.vikings.com/NewsArt...otes052008.aspx

Q: Any thoughts on the practice coming up against the Chiefs in training camp?

A: It’s early this year; that’s all I know. And it’s like a three-hour bus ride, so that’s not going to be cool. We’ll see; maybe I can get a day off that day. No, I don’t care; everybody is a good guy over there. They have a bunch of young guys, so we’re going to put a whooping on them. That’s right (laughing). I think they moved it up early this year so everybody is not so anxious to hit someone else. Maybe it will cut down on the fights. No, I don’t circle it or anything. Players over there and the coaching staff over there had nothing to do with the move, and like I said, it worked out great for me, so I’m thankful for them letting me go because now look where I’m at.

Click the link for the full interview...

$hit and I mis-spelled Jared and they wont let me edit, fuk it he wears purple anyways

Count Alex's Wins
05-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Albert vs Allen

That's all I'm gonna watch when the Vikings come out. Can't wait.

FAX
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Go Fat Albert!!!

FAX

PastorMikH
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
This will give Albert a great opportunity to go up against a good pass-rusher in practice (Which will be good since we don't have one on the roster for him to practice against).

CupidStunt
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
In an hour-long practice, Allen might make a few plays in the first 30 minutes, but the Vikings would be wise to put out an APB on Allen's whereabouts at that point.

StcChief
05-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Jared has alot to prove, save the talk for the field. Don't tell me show me.

CupidStunt
This will give Albert a great opportunity to go up against a good pass-rusher in practice (Which will be good since we don't have one on the roster for him to practice against).

That Tamba Hali guy isn't too bad. Had more sacks than Allen in one of his two seasons, playing from a much tougher LDE position. As a rookie to boot.

Rooster
Go Fat Albert!!!

FAX

:doh!: I hope that nickname doesn't stick.

Sure-Oz
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Jared has alot to prove, save the talk for the field. Don't tell me show me.

We'll see if his wallet weighs him down this year

PastorMikH
05-21-2008, 01:07 PM
That Tamba Hali guy isn't too bad. Had more sacks than Allen in one of his two seasons, playing from a much tougher LDE position. As a rookie to boot.

We'll see how good Tamba is this year. I don't doubt he has some ability and I do like what I see when he's out there. Honestly though, Allen on the right side did help him out a lot too.

Hopefully Dorsey can just bull-rush his way through a pair and put Tamba and the LDE in one-on-one situations to catch a flushing QB.

Coogs
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
When we get to this point, I know I am going to want to hear how the CHIEFS are doing. Unfortunately, we will probably have article after article about Allen.

POND_OF_RED
05-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Which bar will he be attending after the scrimmage?

alpha_omega
05-21-2008, 03:15 PM
OK...it's official....i hate him now!

Fish
05-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Iím thankful for them letting me go because now look where Iím at.

To me this just screams Greedy Mofo.....

OnTheWarpath58
05-21-2008, 03:52 PM

No kidding.

I bet him and Bryant McKinnie are at the bar right now...

TinyEvel
05-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Hali should be pretty god this year, especially if we get some push up the middle. There were a bunch of times last year he went for the strip instead of the sack and got out-juked or he whiffed. I hope he just goes for the QB instead of the ball this year.

Basileus777
05-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Allen is a douche bag.

blueballs
05-21-2008, 04:46 PM
suspensions don't include TC scrimages

Wallcrawler
05-21-2008, 04:59 PM

Allen was arguably the best defensive lineman in the league last year, and was being paid dirt.

Carl Peterson is notorious for haggling even with the best of the best. Gonzalez, Holmes, etc...

We had to lose someone eventually because of his BS.

Lets see Jared...you were the catalyst for our defense, you have a nonstop motor, you make huge plays for us and you led the league in sacks.

In light of your performance, Im very comfortable in franchising you and giving you a one year deal. Im not quite ready to commit to a long term deal for you just yet.

Gimme a break.

I hate that Allen is wearing purple, but the Vikings were smart enough to see talent and lock it down long term, so they deserve to have him.

milkman
05-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Allen was arguably the best defensive lineman in the league last year, and was being paid dirt.

Carl Peterson is notorious for haggling even with the best of the best. Gonzalez, Holmes, etc...

Lets see Jared...you were the catalyst for our defense, you have a nonstop motor, you make huge plays for us and you led the league in sacks.

In light of your performance, Im very comfortable in franchising you and giving you a one year deal. Im not quite ready to commit to a long term deal for you just yet.

Gimme a break.

I hate that Allen is wearing purple, but the Vikings were smart enough to see talent and lock it down long term, so they deserve to have him.

Yeah, cause you know Allen's drinking had nothing to do with it.

Tiger's Fan
05-21-2008, 05:19 PM

Gimme a break.

I agree. Now that he's not a Chief he suddenly sucks as a football player. People are dense.

CupidStunt
05-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I agree. Now that he's not a Chief he suddenly sucks as a football player. People are dense.

Depends who you talk to.

I like(d, to some degree) Allen, and he was a good player for us, but I've always though he was overrated, both by Chiefs fans and general fans to varying degrees. He's one of the worst fourth-quarter "elite" defensive players I've seen in the NFL in the last few years. And on a different matter the overall risk there is huge.

I also think people do forget a little about Hali. I'm not quite sure he'll ever get 15 sacks in his career, but if you'd asked me before 2007 if Allen would ever get 15 sacks I'd have also said no. At no point in his career did he look like a 15-sack guy, and you're a damn liar if you say he did. So we'll see if Hali can fill the void at RDE. If Albert becomes just a solid to good LT (I don't know a comparison - just a good player, a LOT better than McIntosh but nowhere near Willie Roaf), and Hali's a better RDE than LDE (perhaps a 12-sack type of guy), nevermind those extra third-rounders, the trade was a good one. If Albert becomes the LT some think he could, it doesn't matter what the hell Hali or those third-rounders do because KC wins by getting a Pro Bowl LT alone.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-21-2008, 05:38 PM
i was cool with Jared until he opened his mouth of what he really thought about our fans. **** him!

FAX
05-21-2008, 05:43 PM
I agree with Mr. Mr. Arrowhead. JA was a good player (4th quarter production notwithstanding) for us. Trading him was both a financial decision and the inevitiable outcome of Carl's handling of him through his off-the-field trials. I would support JA's new career from that perspective. Then, the numbskull has the nerve to insult Chiefs fans in his first interview as a Vike. Bad form.

For that reason, JA can jam a cantaloupe up his patoot and bark like an anatomically altered dingo for all I care.

FAX

milkman
05-21-2008, 05:50 PM

He only sucks as a football player if he can't play football because his dumb ass gets another DUI.

KC Tattoo
05-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Glad he is gone. We got a first round pick from a fourth round long snapper and he never even became a starter at that position;)

Fish
05-21-2008, 05:59 PM

The animosity toward JA has very little to do with his football abilities. It has everything to do with his persistent displays of immaturity, irresponsibility, and selfishness.

blueballs
05-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Allen didn't have 1/90th of the respect/leadership/balls that Trent had
and yet both opened their mouths and dented their fan value
Trent can/has easily gain that back - Allen not so much

Thig Lyfe
05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
:doh!: I hope that nickname doesn't stick.

How about Phat Albert?

recxjake
05-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Take him out.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Chiefs fans are going to get the first glimpse at Jared Allen competing in purple. Gross.

MVChiefFan
05-21-2008, 11:13 PM
I loved Allen as a player and I'm not saying he won't be a pro bowler every year of his career but I will be curious to see how well he does now that he's been "paid". I know he's got a crazy streak but I was just floored that he started going after everything Kansas City. Not just his problems with Carl but when he started calling out the fans that have been hugely supportive of him, well, that crossed the line. I'll never ever root for him again and in fact, I hope his career goes piss poor after this. But, that's just me.

ChiefaRoo
05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
BIG, DUMB, COWBOY

You're welcome.

SNR
05-22-2008, 01:17 AM
...and like I said, it worked out great for me, so I’m thankful for them letting me go because now look where I’m at.

You're on one of the only few select teams in the entire NFL to choke away more big games than the Chiefs?

J Diddy
05-22-2008, 04:29 AM
Yeah, cause you know Allen's drinking had nothing to do with it.

fo schnizzle

BigRock
05-22-2008, 06:13 AM
I agree with Mr. Mr. Arrowhead. JA was a good player (4th quarter production notwithstanding) for us.

All this talk about Allen disappearing in the 4th quarter is a total distortion of the facts, and it deeply angers me when people bring it up. It's not fair to Allen and it's just not true.

Because he disappeared just as much in the 3rd quarter, too.

Hog Farmer
05-22-2008, 07:40 AM

Gimme a break.

My thoughts exactly!!!!